Random Image

Shan and new toy

Owner: MarsGal
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:49:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Posting for Shirley

For the last week or so this pair of mallards have come for a morning swim, same time, about 6:00 am. The cats just lay & watch their splashing & after they leave, Mama Callie will walk around the pool to where they get out to clean their feathers. She circles the pool and acts like she isn't being nosy, then stops to sleep by the bedroom doors.

Tisie ducks.jpg

JaneS

SHIRLEY, I thought you said no one uses the pool any more?  Looks like the Mallard family does!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

And I am happy to see them use it, Jane. THEY don't use a lot of sunblock to mess with the chemicals!  For some reason they are neat around the pool, as well. 

Thank you for resizing & posting, Bubble, you do such a good job.

Denver

WOW, JEAN.  Nice BIG Amberjack your SIL caught.  What a shame he could not keep it.  Bob said he remembers when Amberjack would have been considered a"junk" fish 50 plus years ago when he grew up on Panama City Beach.  Many fish back then were not considered good to eat that are now.  I bet SIL had fun pulling that one in. 

SHIRLEY, the Mallards sure do look pretty swimming in your beautiful blue water pool. 

Thank you BUBBLE for posting so we could enjoy these pics.
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Jean ,have you ate Amberjack fish before? Now that would be a fun fish to catch....and keep :)

Shirley, ducks have claimed your pool!! Do they have a nest or babies near by? I would call the amazing entertainment! Trouble is I wouldn't get any work done.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Amy, I've been trying to remember the sequence of events with ducks & think this stage is when laying the eggs. When she sets on the nest she only gets off about every 3 or 4 days to clean up & stretch. When she is laying eggs she cleans up every day after "giving birth".  ;) We raised Barbara & George, it was George that had the nest in the pool area but only one of the 11 eggs hatched. She left us with that baby (Rossi) & built another nest on the front porch of a neighbor. They decided to protect her from the coyotes or whatever, built a fence around that she could fly out of but nothing could get in. Trouble was, she was trapped when some animal pushed that fence down. The neighbor found feathers & blood. But we still had Rossi to care for & that duck lived about 8 more years. She would lay in the front yard all summer, had a couple different mates. Cas would walk her back to the river at night that last summer, so nothing could catch her when on land. She even had a gray feather on the back of her head, true! She did have babies one year and would bring them to my "landing" and would eat the food I took to her & slept while I watched her babies. Cutest pictures but sadly, Bill & Hillary (her babies) didn't last the summer. During a high water period only one came with her so that one became "Billary"... and we never knew if it made it to adult-hood. We never went looking for critters to raise, but Cas thought we had a sign on the roof that said, "Sucker". He enjoyed having the ducks around, would follow him where ever he was working in the yard & would go to sleep on the towel he kept on hand to wipe his hands or face. Finally he started carrying their own towel with him so they could nap while he worked. I do think that summer he replaced more sprinkler heads that needed, but he loved watching them & had just retired.

angelface555

From my 4th floor balcony if I'm not watching the river flow, I'm able to look over to the Northeast to my view of the encircling ridges and foothills and watch the weather come up and over then across the valley floor.  Here are a sunset and a few clouds that came my way last week. Of course, I had to include Farrah.

20190619_115612a.jpg

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

FlaJean

Patricia, it;s nice to have such good distant views.  We have no distant views.  Enjoyed your photos!

Enjoyed your photos too, Shirley.  I'm partial to all types of birds and really miss Tuscawilla Park in Ocala where we had so many types of shore birds on the pond there.

Jenny, the only fish I have ever eaten is flounder, haddock, or cod (at least knowingly).

Mary Ann

Patricia, my neighbor has a female that resembles Farrah.  I think the neighbor cat is 12 years old and I still don't know her name.  Farrah is always a good subject, kind of taking the place of Jack's Mimi.

I looked at the rings on Kendrick's fur and I think they are not as pronounced as those on the fox-cat (I know you didn't post the link here but you will know what I mean; incidentally, the fox-cat is mentioned in an article in the Yahoo news). 

We live in a hollow and while we have red or orange skies occasionally, we do not see the sun itself go down.  I see interesting clouds but my camera is not strong enough to take good cloud pictures.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Love your view, Patricia.... guess I will never get to see Alaska in person during THIS lifetime, but IF I get to be an Angel, I will for sure be floating around that wonderful, wild part of the world! Gorgeous colors in that sunset. My Tiger has the same eyes as Farrah, they really do think, don't they?  Tom is just a big old lover, he hums (as Cas called it) so loud, loves to be petted & brushed. I am concerned about his limp, can't see anything & don't want to put him through the trauma of a vet handling him, he is terrified of humans, even my kids and he's seen them all his life. Poor Callie begs to be petted, kind of hops sideways until she is close enough to reach down & with the back of my hand, rub her neck. She flinches if I pet her open handed or reach for her back. Somebody put a fear in her that all these years being with me can't erase. She follows me around outside like a dog, no matter how much I would like to bring her in full time like Tom & Tiger, she doesn't understand the rules & I won't take her hunger for freedom away. She loves being outside. If they haven't been born free I don't think they miss it. All we can do is the best we can do, right?

Mary Ann, I thought that was interesting about the fox-cat on Yahoo. Tom looks a lot like that, but doesn't have the same features exactly. I got a photo of a bobcat sitting in front of the house when we first moved here. I wasn't sure that's what it was but someone knocked on the door & asked if I had seen it. Some time later I saw one "stuffed" & it was about the size of the one at the house, not very big. One time I picked up Tom & stepped on the scales & then weighed myself so I'd have on the same clothes, etc.... Tom weighed about 18 pounds & looks skinny. He eats like a horse. Poor old LaurenKat must have weighed about a pound, doubt if she weighed 2. So tiny. Like people that have been abused, it affects them their whole life.

Jean, I remember the videos you & Larry made of all the birds, especially the water birds. Have you been to the place at or near Ft.Walton Beach advertised as replica of Monet's garden....  https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1DKCZ_enUS801US801&q=Fort.Walton+Beach+replica+of+Monet%27s+garden&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjEjP3LyfniAhUHOa0KHVVaBdQQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1359&bih=615    Didn't know it would be that long! When we went it was all but shambles, no flowers left but bridge still there. Nobody around to ask. Just Google Monet's garden replica near Fr.Walton Beach & it comes up, old site but interesting. Thanks for the comments about my visitors, have not seen them this week so guess she is setting on eggs.

Bedtime, it is HOT tonight so will have to keep doors closed & AC on. The cats have me trained to wake up about 3:30 am so will be a short night, as usual. I didn't get much of a nap today, lawn guys came & phone kept ringing.

Shirley

Well, that is NOT the link I thought I was posting so if interested you'll have to find it yourself!!! I am going to bed!

so_P_bubble

Angel, I love watching those serene fluffy clouds and your fiery sky is quite a sight. I enjoyed sharing your views with you... at least in photos. No hope to ever get there in person.

FlaJean

https://30a.com/locations/monet-monet/

Shirley, It seems to be used now for weddings, etc., and sight seeing.

so_P_bubble

I have been to Monet's home in Giverny. Beautiful.
 I did not know they replicated that in the US.

Mary Ann

Monet, Monet looks like a nice place to visit.  Is is near you, Jean?  Shirley, there were a lot of beautiful flowers in your post that must be there.

Bubble, I like your new picture/avatar. 

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble

Thanks MaryAnn. This is "my look" this week, during a walk in town.

FlaJean

Mary Ann, Grayton Beach is about 30 miles or so from us.  Visiting there is on my list to visit.

Bubble, I meant to mention your avatar.  Nice!

Sandy

Shirley

Perhaps the devil in you will be gracious
enoough to all the angel in you to visit any
where you want in your next afterlife!!!!   

You certainly deserve it !
Sandy
 :knuppel2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Jean, what a lovely serene place....one could sit for hours and just take in the atmosphere.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

The grizzlies and the salmon fishing at Katmi Falls at 8:28 PM AKST.  Explore Cam Screen Grabs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4C1c4z8hTQ

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

so_P_bubble

Time flies so quickly when watching those bears!

FlaJean

I tried posting this video in the video folder but got errors so am posting it here.  I was sitting on my little front porch and enjoying the chimes my friend Carole sent me when we moved here 3 years ago.  I thought I would make a short video of the chimes and a few photos of the yard and our bird area.  In the background you can also hear the water fountain.

https://vimeo.com/344345384

Sandy

Pretty yard ...  I love the
chimes,the flowers , the birds
and the man !
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

I like to hear the chimes and had a set of the long pipes at one time.  Your flowers are lovely, Jean.  My neighbor has done a good job of keeping my garden area planted.  I wish I had your assortment of birds.  We have lots of sparrows and robins and that's about all.

Mary Ann

Amy

Thoroughly enjoyed  the video!! Love the sounds of the chimes and enjoyed seeing your beautiful yard!! Thank you for sharing.
Jimmy Dean

FlaJean

Thanks Sandy, Mary Ann, and Amy for your comments.  We had a really interesting view of a bluebird several hours ago.  There was a young bluebird sitting on top the bluebird feeder with its mouth open and Papa was getting pieces of the dried mealworms and feeding it.  I couldn't open the door to take a picture or they would have flown off.  One of the bluebird houses has a pair of bluebirds nesting.  So i hope we are lucky enough to see some fledglings before too long.  The birds are so fast into and out of the house it is hard to keep up with them.