Random Image

Optimism

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFSue

Jackie, what an adorable young man!  He's going to be a charmer as he grows up.  I'll bet you were thrilled to get the new photo.  And I'm wanting you to know that you have my sympathy over your loss.  Hang in there and take comfort in your family and friends.

SCFSue

JeanneP

Glad you got he photos open. Such a cute little boy. You became a great grandmother even younger than I did. I have 6 now and dont see them often. All over 1000 miles away.
JeanneP

angelface555

My younger sister just returned from a ten-day business trip to China and sent me these photos. China is hosting the 2020 Olympics,(Many photos from that area).

Becky said, "It was unexpected. I was amazed at how clean the cities were. There were always people sweeping and mopping. There were a lot of newer architecture and strange building... new strange buildings. The food was simple and not like our restaurants but fresh and light. I was joking to my friend that I had eaten more vegetables in three days than in the entire month!  The people were extremely friendly and several times daily Chinese people would run up wanting to take a selfie with me. Of course, I was a bit of a freak being a head taller. The weather was about three weeks ahead of here so the trees and flowers were in full bloom. Wonderful trip! I'm really glad I went. "

IMG_0313.jpg

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

Sandy

Thanks for sharing those pictures of China.
   I would love to have gone there.   

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Patricia, I liked seeing your sister's pictures.  I wish she had identified what was going on, but even so, it was nice to see some pictures that were not government originated.   I'm glad she went too.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Patricia - Your sister's photos are interesting and colorful.  Beautiful old buildings, and friendly people!  Love those "long johns", hanging up to dry! :D  I always hoped to see both China and Japan, but it didn't happen, and now it never will.  I hope my children will go in my place, at some time in the future.

FlaJean

Patricia, enjoyed those photos your sister took on her trip to China.  How fortunate she was able to go.

Denver

I really  enjoyed looking at your sisters pictures, PATRICIA.  So colorful and interesting.  The baby looks like a doll!  Thank you for sharing them with us.  How nice that your sister was able to go visit China.
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Joy

Very interesting pictures, Patricia.  Thanks for sharing.

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

Thank you for sharing these photos of an exotic country! One can see it has a long rich past. Me too would have loved to visit leisurely and absorb it all.  I can only read about it now.

angelface555

Thank you for all the comments! This is the sister in Idaho who had the two scrapbooking stores, sold them, retired at 48 and then came back to work in a hospital administration. I would have loved more info but she only provided the short post and said her favorite was the tree with purple flowers. I would have gone out and come back with thousands of photos even with taking care of business, but that's me, more of a magpie nature...

JeanneP

Great photo's. CHINA. Always wanted to go there as I read so many books from being young. Still do if I can fine them. I had a couple of chances in the 70s when one girl friend moved there. Her husband was with a Brit Bank. Then another friend was with Police in Hong Kong. Still is I believe. His parents went often. Now they say So modern and very Wealthy Country. My town here in US has many Chinese. Large University bring in many( 4000 this year I believe.and many Doctors with both the big hospitals. Fact I have a Primery one. So many restaurants Chinese. I love Chinese Food. Their  children here are so well behaved and the smartest in the Schools. Win all the awards. All seem to also be trained in Music.
JeanneP

angelface555

I was curious about the man in white facial paint adjusting his, I believe cufflinks, while another man held his coat or shawl? I asked and she replied, "It was the Beijing Opera. He did his make up and costume on the stage. It was pretty terrible singing with the high pitched warbling. It is a remake of the original Chinese opera. They had translated to English on a screen by the stage but the stories were ridiculous too. The old theater was great though.... built 100's of years ago."  I don't think she's an opera fan.

angelface555

These new photos my sister sent are from a small jade museum in Beijing.

IMG_0158.jpg

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555

angelface555