Random Image

Bluebird on branch

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:11:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

20190519_153327.jpg

Sandy

A beautiful healthy looking
cat .... 

Enjoy !!
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

Thanks! Its hard to believe she'll be seven years in September. We're in the mid seventies with at least one rain squall a week.

Mary Ann

Thanks, Patricia, I think I was the one who asked about Farrah.  She is a good looking cat and it was nice to see some up-to-date pictures of her.  Kendrick will be six in July and he does get frisky at times.

We just returned from lunch with the retiree group.  It was a smaller group than usual but some of the retirees will be going to the main building for cake and ice cream.  My friend, Judy, did not want to go out to the main building and I did not care, so we went only to the restaurant. 

Mary Ann

FlaJean

Patricia, love the photos and the captions!

so_P_bubble

Farrah,you are a beauty! And very photogenic too! You should ask for a Flying Bee toy on a long spring like Marmalade has...

Shirley

Love the photos of Farrah, Patricia.... mine are not so good but got to give me points for trying to resize without PSP! I hate to keep pestering Bubble if I can do it myself! So far the Gallery is working today, now to see if they will post!

First is Mama Callie. She gave my husband her babies about 9 years ago. A neighbor said later that they had been feeding her for a couple years, could never get near her. We did not see her for 2 years after weaning the babies in our back yard. When the other people moved she came back to live with her babies and me. She really moved in & loves having a house of her own.

This is Tom, he loves to play with his sister, Tiger, but she hides from him because he plays rough. When they are apart for a little while they groom and act thrilled to see each other.      

Tiger is a thinker, loves climbing trees and teasing. From the beginning she was my girl, wants to sleep with me but none of them want to be held.

MarsGal

Just catching up with the photos.

Fe has a wonderful smile, Sandy. She also has a devilish twinkle in her eye. The photo is great.

Patricia, love seeing more photos of Farrah. Thanks for posting them.

Shirley, thanks for sharing your cat family photos.

Shirley

Bubble, the photos are so much better when I send to you.... wah....but the Gallery is working now and I will try to understand the PSP 2019 if I ever figure how to set up the workspace. I don't remember anything I learned in the "Steps".

The sun is shining today so duty calls. The pool is opened but rain has over filled it twice (had to pump out) this week and I need to take care of it before it turns ugly! The river behind my house is higher than last week and that was the highest in 30 years, so want to take photos. My flowers are under water and trees standing in water that would probably cover my head where I normally could stand well above the water. The sycamore tree I planted some years ago is showing stress, leaves are falling already, so doubt if it will survive this flood. I may have to send the pics of the trees & river to you, Bubble, so the details will show better, okay?  My camera takes over 6MB files so can't use the online resize place.

so_P_bubble

Shirley, please send them to me for posting, it is not an imposition.
It takes me less than 5 min to do it, resizing, sharpening and what needs to be done.

I loved that cat in tree photo - like leopard in  my jungle lol

Mary Ann

Shirley, I liked seeing the pics of your cats.  I have always wanted a calico cat but never got close to having one.  I did meet another Callie one year when Terry, Jan and I drove to northern MN to visit a cousin and she had Callie. 

Mary Ann

FlaJean

Love those pictures, Shirley.

angelface555

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about Farrah. Farrah is approximately forty in feline years, so none of us are that youthful other than in spirit. She's lost the majority of her orange belly colors,(still has her prominent neck ruff); and her darker gray spots are more bars than spots these days.

Her window shelf perch is a five-foot shelf top, so she's still quite agile. Altho, last week on a minor call, maintenance said I had to move the shelf because of egress. That means moving or donating my table and chairs and purchasing a cat tree high enough for her to see past the 4' balcony wall. There's always something.

Shirley, your cats, look very happy with their accommodations!   In early two thousand, I had an orange paradactyl cat who tended to bite when nervous and annoyed the other cats. I called him "Thomas, who would be king." I lost him in early 2011.

so_P_bubble

Posting for Shirley

Photos of the river behind my house.  First is "Then".... my path to the water. That path was the original river bed but it changes every time it floods.  The 2nd photo was taken just a couple months later (yesterday) showing how much is out of it's banks.

P1060314.jpg

P1060429.jpg

so_P_bubble

For Shirley

The first photo is "Weeds" or "Wildflowers"... they grow wild all over the hill going down to the river. The 2nd photo is the circle of flowers & trees that grow right outside my bedroom sliding door. I keep digging the trees out to transplant but more crop up. The ornaments are solar lights my sons bought me. On a good day they will charge enough to last all night but lately it has been too cloudy for them to be on more than an hour or so at night. The shasta dasies & the black eyed susans are budding out. Violas have been blooming quite a while. 

P1060328.jpg

P1060439.jpg

so_P_bubble

Posting for Amy

The LAST Load Of Wood

The LAST Load Of Wood.jpg

Amy

Bubble, thank you for posting the photo.
Shirley, after all the wood is piled I would love to sit, swim, wallow in your pool!! Love the photos of your furbabies, beautiful cats!

Patricia, I really like the 3rd photo of Farrah. She is also a beautiful cat and has come so far in life with your help.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I'm sure glad YOU'RE piling all that wood and not ME!  But I bet you enjoy it in the winter and I bet you enjoy all the good food that comes from the wood stove.  I still remember my grandmother's wood stove!  And I cooked a lot of Girl Scout meals over a wood fire!  What memories a pile of wood can revive!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

SHIRLEY, I'll go help AMY pile the wood and then we'll both come over for a dip...okay?

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

so_P_bubble

Last night was "Lag Ba'Omer", our festival of bonfires. This morning, when I opened the windows. I could still smell the smoke and the scent of burned wood in the air.

Here is Aviv feeding the fire and feeding himself too :)

IMG-20190522-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20190522-WA0022.jpg

Shirley

Thank you, Bubble, for posting the photos.... I sure didn't expect you to do it so fast! You are a keeper! Great detail, so much better than I was getting without my PSP!

Amy, if you could find your way here I would love to have you swim! That pool doesn't get used because I don't get any volunteers to help clean after. In the beginning (when we moved here 30+ years ago), the kids & grands came to swim and I discovered it would take me a couple weeks to stabilize the chemicals in the water without using lots more  chemicals that kept me from having fresh air in the bedrooms at night. The bedroom sliding doors (no windows) are in that corner where the little garden is so fumes linger. When the company transferred us I wouldn't let reas estate people show me a house with a pool (company sent spouses for a week of house hunting). Cas found this place without any help & in spite of knowing which one would be cleaning that pool, I didn't fight him on the choice because of having the river near. I may not like water but love the critters attracted to it.

The river changes with every flood. Before this last dump of rain the water had gone down enough to see that the end of the path nearest the water (before photo) a new pile of sand was left making it much higher than it was before. A small stream was left near where the trees are. I worry that the trees will lose their footing & float away. The tree on the right of the path has wisteria growing up that is larger than my wrist at the base. It might be strong enough to hold that tree down except it is top heavy with so much growing to the top & hanging down. It was just starting to bloom. My little corner of the world, keeps me busy, need to check the floaters to see if they need more chlorine tabs. More rain & storms for this afternoon & all through the week end.

That is a lot of wood to stack, Amy. Do you cover it? What kind do you get?  We ordered "hard wood" but the last load (years ago) was full of bugs so stacked far away from the house & even had to throw the last of it away. I have not had a fire in the fireplace since Cas died, the cats don't appreciate watching one burn. I think my sons most fun is having a big camp fire when we go to CO. One spends a lot of his time just dragging wood in from the public land across the road from the campground. Any interesting pieces he will carve for a walking stick.

Oh, NO, Bubble, your photos won't open for me! Maybe after I post they will.

Jane, come on over... I do wish y'all really could!

Shirley

Ah, I see the boys. That's what my boys love to do & they are in their 50s! Nothing better than a toasted/burned marshmellow, huh?  Aviv is growing so fast & enjoying life to the hilt, isn't he?

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. 62º and cloudy here and KC MO is saying foggy up there.
saying 73º and cloudy for a high today, yes I am excited to get on the road with the R V but am not until the weather settles down some what. we had two tornadoes touch down here in MO. last night. one at Jeffersonian city and one at Carl junction north of Joplin. it is odd how they do. years ago I had a blacksmith and welding shop in town of Holden and one hit north of my shop about 8 blocks. took the collard school totally down in a pile of rubble. did not take even a shingle off of any houses by it. and another time when I was a teenager working on a farm near Abbyville Kansas I was plowing. I pulled the tractor with the left rear wheel over on the plowed ground got off and got under it next to the rear wheel in the furrow. the sand whipped through the holes in the wheel stung very bad. there was a small barn on the south east corner of the section across from where I was,It took it straight up in the air. the bosses wife and two girls were standing in the back door watching. they said they thought I was a goner. but except for the sting of the sand no hurt. In my life span I have been in those two tornadoes and just ahead of four earthquakes.just shows god do not want this old man up there yet. Have a great day.

Lloyd

SCFSue

Lloyd, it sounds like you had a heavenly helper watching over you!  I'm glad you are OK.

Sue

FlaJean

Enjoyed the photos.  Can't even remember the last time I toasted a marshmallow.  Shirley, looks like your drought is over.

Amy, be careful not to overdo when stacking that wood.

angelface555

I loved seeing everyone's photos this morning! Farrah loves to be near me, but if I attempt to pick her up or hold her, she cries and struggles. She's not a lap but a lay by cat.

Shirley, we have either floods, due to spring ice going out on the various rivers or fires when we go over one hundred as we're in a vast arboreal forest. Those photos look like some of the banks in the suburbs. I believe some of those weeds could be blue wild or wood roses as they're known here.

Amy, outside of the town, lots of folks have wood stoves along with forced air and or radiant heat and pellet stoves, so that's a familiar site here. There are those and either private or shared water wells. While there is some flat land along the rivers, most of the area here is ridges and domes. The valley is surrounded by three sets of foothills and four mountain ranges, so we're somewhat weather protected. Fairbanks sprawls in the valley and halfway up two foothills.

"There are rolling hills reaching elevations up to 2,000 feet above Fairbanks to the north and east of the city. During winter, the uplands are often warmer than Fairbanks, as cold air settles into the valley. In some months, temperatures in the uplands will average more than 10 degrees warmer than Fairbanks. During summer, the uplands are a few degrees cooler than the city. Precipitation in the uplands around Fairbanks is heavier than it is in the city by roughly 20 to 50 percent."

Bubble, love Aviv's socks, and yes he's getting so big! Fires were banned in the gravel pits, hot springs and areas close to town before the drought ended, but it would be nice to have them again!

Lindancer

Patriciabeautiful.,,,,,,,Shirley WOW!,,,,,,,,,,Joy Hospic has a nursing plan, which keeps from going into a nursing plan,  I have 0ne doctor I started April 12th I am doing great. he orders just about the same medicine

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Amy

Shirley, I would definitely help clean it, not a problem there. I am the one that cleans the hot tub here and I don't mind that either.
We burn hardwood, this load is mainly beech and maple both good hardwoods. We get our kindling from a fellow that makes cedar shakes and he bundles up the small pieces and it is great to start the fire. We have burnt elm, iron wood and oak too in the past. We used to cut our own logs and split it but this way is so nice..just have to pile and that is it!!

Patrica, I love the smell of the first fire in the fall but if this weather doesn't smarten up we will be buring all year!! I am sure we are going to fry come July and Aug here..freeze or fry take your pick.

FlaJean, my husband is now able to help so we only do a wee bit at a time...don't wish to tire him out.

Bubble , love your photos!! Makes my mouth water looking at the marshmallows, used to love cooking them over a fire. Some would be done just right while others ended up torches. Does Aviv, make S'mores  with them?  I bet Jane has made them time and time again.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

This is Babe and the "new" pup Jesse.. he is such a sweetheart despite the holes in the lawn, wood all over, twigs torn off my lilac bushes and bad gas!!thumbnail.jpg Babe and Jesse.jpg
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Amy, other than the length of their fur, they could be blood brothers.  Nice looking dogs and I'll bet they're good pets.

Mary Ann