Random Image

Rae and Rich

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:05:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I am dressed except for shoes and hope to get outside soon before the heat is unbearable.  I've read the paper and cleaned up the kitchen, but so far that's it.  Tim came by yesterday to return my car.  He and Kris had started for Disney World before the storms hit in Florida, but decided to return home and try again later.  They are going to Ohio in a couple of weeks for a reunion with Kris's family there.  He's not excited about it, but Kris is, of course.  I think he'd like to take my car to the reunion.  That's fine with me as I no longer drive it myself, but we've kept it as the mileage is not high and he can take me to medical appointments in my car rather than in his work truck which is hard for me to get in.  Lue's son-in-law who now lives in her home with her youngest daughter has taken me to medical appointments in my car and twice to the bank when Tim is unavailable.

I hope Every Buddy is having a nice day and that the weather is comfortable for Every Buddy.

Sue

Jane and Jeanne, when Bob knew his life would not last much longer, he paid into Tri-Care for Life with me as the beneficiary.  It's not a huge amount, but certainly helps with my financial situation.  I'm thankful for his thoughtfulness about this--and it's been a big help.

Jane, I'm glad you've contacted the Social Security agency and hope they will be helpful.  Since Tim lives nearby he has helped me with that paperwork and all is well with that.  He went with me to the local Social Security Office, presented my paper work and since Bob paid extra salary into Tri-Care for Life, I have had no problem with receiving payments from them.

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I have finished reading the morning paper and have eaten breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen. But I'm still sitting here in my nightie!  I plan to get outside to walk and I'll shower and dress for the day after that.  It's going to be another scorcher here in Auburn.

Jane, I hope the phone appointment with the Social Security goes well.  When Bob was ill he managed to get all that arranged for me and I am so glad he did.  Tim did help me with other paper work and took me to the Social Security office here to make sure all was going according to plan.  Bob had also paid in to Tri-Care for life which provided a payment for me. 

Hello to Every Buddy looking in.  Mary, I hope we hear from you or your daughters today.  Also hope the Surgery has gone well and you're already feeling better.  I have had a pace maker for several years now and it's made a huge difference in my life.  I'm able to walk outside and to do some limited yard work.  Keep us posted--and thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery for you from here in Auburn.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  I hope all is well with all our Buddies.
Sue 

SharonE

Just a quick note as I have spent my time on a bunch of email.  I'm still progressing, using the walker and practicing on balance and positioning to keep balance. It's amazaing how sloppy we are about our movements when we're young and it doesn't really count! Hard to change your habits at 80!

Lori sent me a beautiful flower arrangement in a yellow duck with yellow daisies and roses. I've had several visitors.  Not much going on except therapy! John's due in a few minutes.

Mary, I am so sorry you have to have such serious surgery. You have my prayers.

Marilyn, I do hope you get your feet taken care of soon.

Darlene, the same with your BP!

Sue, it's nice that you are letting Tim and Kris use your car, but then they do so much for you too.

Nothing changed here. Therapy finished for today.

I started this last night and then dinner came and John and I'm just now getting back.

Have a blessed day.  We're safe from Dorian, thank goodness.  Sharon

jane

It's a nice, cool day  here...fall definitely coming. 

I had an email from my "kid" attorney...[I knew him when he was a high school student...he's now 52!  How is that possible when I'm only 39? ;D ]  Patricia is coming Saturday and she'll go with me to see the CPA at 10:00 on Monday here in town and the attorney at 2:00 in Dbq. 

Carpet cleaners just left...took about 1 1/2 for downstairs..mainly the travel "paths"...and back entry way that gets so dirty coming in from outside and garage and stairs to basement and to upstairs.  We have no carpet upstairs, so nothing there to do. 

It's good to have that done.  I should do a walk, but that may get skipped today. 

jane

SharonE

Jane, I'm glad you are getting out and doing things  like the boat race and Friday nights with your friends beside all the necessary things.  When Dad died I took Mom to the SS office in Indpls to get hers all worked out, but things have changed so much since then (1977).

Mary, you really have a long time in the hospital and rehabs before you will come home.  Do you have a date for the surgery yet?  I'm glad the pacemaker is making things better.

Darlene, I think I would get a consultation with another doctor to get your BP under control.

I just got very good news! They are discharging me next Wed the 11th.  I am so happy. I am so tired of this place even though it is a nice place, it's still an institution.

Hi to everyone. I wish health for us all!  Sharon

jane

:hb2:  :hb2:  :hb2:
HURRAH FOR SHARON....NEXT WED., SEPT. 11....GETS TO GO HOME

:hb2:  :hb2:  :hb2: 

:nanadance:  :nanadance2:  :nanadance2:

maryz

Sharon, glad you're getting to go home next week.  Still lots of work ahead, but you'll be more relaxed.

Hang in there, jane.  It will get finished, eventually.  It took me probably longer than it should have, but finally got accomplished.

Marilyn and Darlene, good luck with your feet and BP issues.

My PT and OT gals tell me I'm improving with strength, recovering from exertion - both good things.
 We finally found out today that my surgery (open heart with mitral and aortic valve replacements) is scheduled for Monday.  Transport from here will be on Monday morning.  I guess everything after that is on a "depends" basis.  The girls are hovering.  Kate is still here right now through late Monday or Tuesday morning, Margaret comes back Sunday night or Monday.

Sarah & Carson are still in Chatt.  Haven't heard what's happened in their town.  I texted with Paul in Charleston about noon, and he said the winds and rain were ferocious with a high tide due about 2 p.m.  Haven't heard from him again.  Guess I'll get the personal storm update later today.

I'll try to get word to y'all when I can after.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

alpiner1

I went to the dermatologist on Tuesday & the dr. removed 2 specimens , one was a core .  He said it was caused by the sun shining in the car window when I drive . The shot of Lidocaine hurt the most . I haven't had any pain . I'll get the lab report in about 2 weeks .

Shirley

I've checked in almost daily, concerned about all of you but having been through the open heart, am feeling very huggy toward you, Mary. Been quite a few years since we met on that Alaska chat, right after y'all got back from the dream of my life trip. I wish you good doctors with skilled hands for your surgery, and I will be thinking & praying that all goes well and you will have a speedy recovery. One thing the nurses forgot to tell me & felt bad after was that when having to sleep on our back, do wear a bra that holds the boobs together so they don't stretch the scar apart. My scar is wider than should be (not that it is a problem), but one nurse told me it could have been avoided if only I had known. I still don't know what kind of bra would have been tolerable but guessing you can ask before if you know to ask, right?

I groan with every pain posted, shake my head with sympathy, smile when things are going right.... and Jane, I didn't have any of the many problems you've had when Cas died. I didn't even consult a lawyer. We had put everything into CDs except for the pension & SS, all in one place & it auto turned over to me. Now my internet & phones with Cox are still messed up, even though I took a raised seal death certificate to the local office, 6 years later the account is still in HIS name & I can't get anything changed because I am not the PRIME user. Isn't that stupid? Who do they think has been paying the bills??? Well, you seem to be climbing out of the paperwork just fine and hope life is good. By the way, if I missed something important & the gov comes to get me, I still have that e-mail that went around telling about all the good points of prison life.  ;)

Our temps are still in the high 90s, miserable with humidity we are not used to in KS. Had a few cooler days last week so I went to MO for a birthday party for my 94 year old brother. My 89 year old sister hosted the party & I am not kidding, she looks 10 years younger than I do. She got our mother's skin & I got the wrinkles from Dad's side. Considering she is 4-5 years older than I am, I came home & have been having a pity party ever since.  :tissue:

Sweet dreams to all, I still feel guilty about posting in here because I'm not the "Bosom Bud"... but I feel like I've known y'all for a long time. Sharon, congratulations for getting sprung next Wed.

Oops, you slipped in Alpiner. Sorry about having to have the spots removed. That sun is wicked. That will be a long two weeks.

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy and hello to Shirley, too.  Thanks for your e-mail today.  It's nice to hear from you.  I usually read your posts in another forum (which I can't remember right now!). 

Mary, I am praying for your surgery and hope your girls will keep us posted.  I am so much better since I had heart surgery several years ago and have much more energy and am able to do so many things I didn't feel like doing prior to the surgery.  My pace maker has made a huge difference in what I can do and how I feel. 

Jane, you are making lots of progress in your paper work and I know you will be glad to finish it.  It sounds as if you have matters well in hand and should soon be finished with the rest of it.  Keep us posted.

I'm not dressed yet and am expecting Eddie soon to take me to the library and to Kroger.  I need to make a shopping list for Kroger.  He'll want another cup of coffee before we go! 

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

Marilyn

Shirley don't feel bad about not being a "Bosom Buds" I'm not either, just  have had friends with breast cancer and wanted information about what to expect, I have survived a couple of lumps that turned out  to be gone by the time came for  the second exam. I've stay for all these years since Seniornet because I became  part of this great family of BC survivors.

YAY!!! Sherry is going home on Wednesday. Mary is improving but will have heart surgery. Sending good thoughts and prayers Mary's way Jane is busy taking care of business. Darlene, Alpiner, Bubble and Sue, Howdy to all y'all.

SharonE

Hi Gals,  Shirley, you said all the things to Mary that I was thinking (except for the bra part that I didn't know). I'm certainly sending prayers and good thoughts to you and her surgeons for whenever the surgery takes place.  Hope one of your girls will update us.

Marilyn, glad your feet are better. If your feet hurt, everything hurts.  I've had OT so far and had a lot of back pain. The medicine nurse gave me a tylenol which seems to have worked.  I didn't want to take a Percocet unless I had to.

Sue, sounds like you are doing your usual Fri activities. Hope you find some good books.

Shirley, come in any time.

Jane,thanks for the exuberant congratulations. Hope all is going well.

Alpiner, glad you got the spot removed. Hope it was benign.

JeanneP

Jane. Itdoesnttake long at the SS office to change your acct. they already have the backup on both you and husband through your working records . You do have to give them a copy of your birth certificate and marriage certificate. For me I believe I gave info on my parents births .and a little on my immigration papers. Just the dates. That was about it. Igot the change in amount the first date following month of husband passing. 3 rd of month for me
JeanneP

jane

Alpiner...good to have that "thingy" off and now to wait results. 

Sharon...not too long now until you're homeward bound.

Mary...glad your girls can be there. Donal came down and stayed with me in the surgical waiting room when Ray had his Open Heart surgery back in 2007. He had restrictions on what he could do...how much he could lift, etc. and then went to cardiac rehab at our hospital and did treadmill work until he reached a certain level. 

Sue..stay safe in the heat.

Shirley...still working on changing beneficiaries on my own annuities...only thing I could invest in while teaching...and then seeing the attorney to get the house in my name only and to have a new will and POA and Health POA drawn up. 

Marilyn...when is your foot surgery scheduled?

Jeanne...I think we had to show our birth certificates and marriage certificate when we signed up for Soc Sec so I don't think I'll need to do that again. I got the impression the phone call was all that was needed to verify whatever I'm supposed to get now.

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've had breakfast, read the paper, and cleaned up the kitchen.  I now need to get into my walking duds and get outside for my morning walk before the temperature gets much higher.  I think last night's weather man said it could get up to 97* later this afternoon.

Not much else going on here today except the football game at AU this evening which I think starts at 6:00.  Our new young quarter back will have his debut this evening.  He's the son of one of our earlier heroes!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

jane

Good morning! Like Sue, I've had breakfast, have the dishwasher going and the bed has been changed and the clothes washer is doing its thing...and  I've walked and balanced my checkbook.  That's A LOT for me by 9:15 on a Saturday morning!

Now to get out of my walking clothes and ready to pick up Kathy at 10:00 for a trip up to the Craft Show up the street. 

Patricia will be arriving later this afternoon.  Sunday I have a wake to attend for the husband of a bridge friend; he'd also been battling lung issues.  It's at the same funeral home as we had for Ray, so that may be a bit hard. 

Not much else planned for today.

jane

Cottoncandy

Good morning buddies....I woke up early...so went ahead and walked...had breakfast and put a load of clothes to wash..Sharon..hooray u going home soon..Alpiner good thoughts your way on the results...I went for my follow up appt...on BP...Dr is keeping me on losaton and metoprolol...just changing the metoprolol to take at noon instead of AM...so far it's keeping my BP low...My Dr knows I don't like to take Meds due to side effects...And who There can't be one pill that will work...since all my lab and heart test were normal...he says it's anxiety....guess I need a relaxing hobby....Jane glad you are getting paper work done...Jeanne how did your Dr Appt go?..Hi to Sue and Mary praying for your surgrey...Marlyin hope things are going good for you...Shirley...enjoyed reading your post...Hi to any I missed...didn't mean to write so much...Have a great week end

JeanneP

Candy. My appt on BP still not good .so along with the same 2 you take he has added 2 hydrochloride. Ihaveto get a second opinion on dr .ijust don't like so many. Now now I take them in the morning. And another metroprol at night . How do you take yours?itis just that I am sleepy and sort of off balance in the morning until about 1 pm. Maybe should try taking the 3 at night and 1 in morning..
I don't know why I would be having tension ,stress. Have no problems. But they seem to think that is my problem.lost all my close friends in town now. My family always been miles away but always have. Ijust don't want to move from area.
Need to stop reading paper and watching news on tv. Would help. Feel the country going crazy. No good things reported.
If younger I think would just jump into a hot affair. Maybe that would help.
Anyway will take another week .try gettin busy and see if things change. The will want me takin pills for tension next. That seems to e answer to everything now.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Lol...Jeanne...a hot affair may be the answer....I know I get lonely...I do have family and friends here and my church group....but still not the same when you lose your life partner...I take the Losartan 100mg in morning around 8 And now taking the metroprol at 12 noon..per Dr instructions...I guess it takes about 5  hrs for the metroprol to peak...because about 5 pm...I get brain fog it seems .....And off balance....Next appt I plan to discuss take by metroprol at night

JeanneP

I think I will try taking them different times also. Not2 dr. Think alike anymore. It does seem like things kickin at different times. Right now I don't want to be driving and it is 11am. Taken all at 9am. Will be o.k after noon  so maybe shoung hold of the metropol until about lunch and would be through running around after 5. Hours.

This is all crazy. Never had to even take a aspirin my whole life until now. This is where my stress is coming from I think. Hate drugs. Dr. Have no patience with me going on about it.
JeanneP

JeanneP

owned technology for every thing. Most have Comcast service around here for every. Thing. Also all ties up into WFi. On Thursday  say at 5 pm every thing shut down . 5 counties area. No mobile telephone.ipad,tv.internet.. No wifi anywhere so people , banks banks , stores  Gould not use its machines.  Etc. phones down.  No texting. This lasted until 10 am next day.  Some till noon. And for out of the  ares not workin for 24 hours. Now glad i still have a home line connected.

People want to know what problem was but so far Comcast say they have no idea.

Things now are depending to.  Much on technology to run everything. Going to be big problems

No texting prof reports are anything could be used. No medical in hospitals other than the old way.

Getting scary.
I an not a big tv watcher but seemed lost with it not turned on. Could use home phone it would not connect to people's mobiles
JeanneP

SharonE

I'm so ad that I don't have BP probems. About the ony thin I don't have.  As to oin home Wed, that's not definite. They came at supper ast niht and said the want the recertify me with my insurance and eep me 2 more wees.  I about had a fit. At east they are aowom me to wa with the waer by mysef.  I too a shower by mysef and waed a the has this AM.  Pardon the typin.  I spied some water and it's messed thins up.

It sounds ie hevery one is doin pretty we other than BP. I' be ad when Mary's surery is over.  Sharon

JeanneP

Sharon. Your last posting is so funny. Think you had                  a little to much wine with dinner. What drugs are they giving you? Having to good a insurance like you have must be extending your stay. Never heard of anyone getting to stay that long. Is John keeping up with the daily laundry at home. Men usually go out and buy new towels and laundry. I don't think lmine knew how to turn a washer on. I remember he though you could wash sheets with Blue Jeans.
JeanneP

jane

A very cool, crisp, wet fall day here today.  High is in the mid 60s.  Next week though is back to roller coaster and rain every day.  Some days high in the upper 80s.  Goofy weather.

The firemen are heading out after their week here for their "convention."  From the number of women in Firefighters Wife tee shirts, they were enjoying the craft show. 

There was a parade of firetrucks...they seem to bring old ones with them to ride up and down from the RV sites at the fairgrounds to downtown...but Patricia and I decided to stay home.  We were both tired.

Tomorrow we're off to the CPA and then the Attorney to finalize those papers, I hope, and Tuesday we're off to Cedar Rapids for a couple things Patricia wants and a few things on my list.

Have a restful Sunday,

jane

SCFSue

Bob retired before I did and he did the laundry as well as cooking my breakfast before I had to be at school.  Now that was a Super Hubby!  He also worked at a local bank, chasing down people who didn't pay their loans--as well as gardening, growing peaches and blueberries, and cabbage in the early Alabama winter.  I didn't mind the peaches and blueberries as we mostly froze those, but I sure hated to come home to a counter top full of vegetables that needed canning!

My BP is pretty much normal now that I have a pace maker.  My last visit with my surgeon showed that the BP skipped twice last year, but I never realized it until he told me.  It probably happened when I was out walking uphill!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  I need to get the kitchen cleaned up as I'm going back to church at 2:00 for a meeting of all the Circles. 

Sue

JeanneP

Candy
Now did you ask dr.if you could take BP pills at bedtime not in the morning.

Also is it ok. To take them one morning and then the other one at noon. I think as I am taking 3 for BP that I am taking to many at one time . Still get little dizzy after about 2 hours taking. Mine just says come back in 30 days. I just don't think he interested in talking . I need to find o women primary . Mine of 25 years retired .not found one to replace. I have specialist for ENT.Eyes.dermo. And vascular . These really happy with for years.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Good morning ladies...just got back from walking ..very humid...weather guessers say chance of rain this week...Jeanne...I take the Losartan at around 8 AM and the metroprol at 12 noon...that's All I take..my BP this morning was 120/65....I have follow up appt in Oct....hope you get luck with yours

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I've had breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen and dragged a huge limb down to the curb for pick up this morning.  They might not take it if they can't get it into the special truck that picks up such items.  I need to get dressed and into my walking duds before it gets too very hot here this morning.  I also need to cut back the ivy that is trying to cover my front sidewalk.  Oh, the joys of being a home owner--who lives alone!

Darlene, good for you for your early morning walk.  I'm afraid I'll get pretty hot when I get dressed and outside for mine!  My street is pretty hilly and is a struggle going up.  Coming back down is not so hard.

Jeanne, my blood pressure is good and I'm thankful for that.  I don't take meds to change my BP.  My pace maker is working well, although it has had little pauses on occasion.  So far my cardiologist says it's OK.

Not much else going on this morning.  I hope every Buddy has a good day and your outside temperature is NOT too hot. 

Sue

JeanneP

Candy.
Hope I can get mine back to a more normal one. Stress worrying about it is my problem I think.

I have bought 2 of the ones to use at home to test .they don't seem to work that well.

Going to be close to 90s for next 4 days here. Hate seeing that come back. Not good for walking . I need to get back to doing that. Also still got things on yard need doing.
JeanneP

Marilyn

Good Morning Every Buddy. raining here today. We had some light rain yesterday anhd a heavy downpour  when it was still dark yesterday morning.

My foot is still very painful, I am trying my best to hang in there until the 24th next appt. I don't think I am going to make it it now that the other foot is also starting to hurt.