Random Image

keani new year

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomereader1

Tomereader1

Tomereader1

RAMMEL

What are you trying to do?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

RAMMEL

[attach name=Andrus+Farm+1.gif type=image/gif]8242[/attach]
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jackwv

Rick I have seen two headed animals, but the first time I have seen two with one head.

Mary Ann

Jack, I doubt I've ever seen a two-bodied animal before.  Rick, thanks for posting that - very interesting.  Are you sure there's not a head hiding somewhere?

Mary Ann

jackwv

Just received this in an email.  Something else to worry about, and thought it should be passed along.
[attach name=to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8244[/attach]

Amy

Jack, good one and yes I shall pass this on. Sadly, I can relate to this...but it is also on going through the day!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

:roflBig:  :roflBig:  :roflBig:  :roflBig:  :roflBig:
You got me, Jack!  I didn't notice who posted & was actually wondering what on earth could be wrong with Rice Krispies!  First year in a long time I didn't make a batch of the treats for
everyone (even grown kids love 'em). After reading I did guess & looked back, it was you!

FlaJean

JaneS

All the while I was reading that, I was thinking, I'm sure glad I didn't like Rice Krispies.  Then I came to the part about the body "snapping, crackling and popping" and I knew it was a joke.  However, it's very close to what happens in the morning in my house.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

RAMMEL

Quote from: jackwv on December 28, 2018, 08:11:56 AMRick I have seen two headed animals, but the first time I have seen two with one head.
The two bobied cow was quite by accident.  I took that picture probably 65 or so years ago. It just happened that one cow was behind the other.  I never thought of is as you all did (two bodied).  That area has now been converted to a school, with the barns converted to school rooms --- long story.

I posted the pic just to check the new software posting features. This just happened to be a pic I came across.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Got to admit, Rick, that picture was one you couldn't get again very easily, those necks were in perfect position. The background barn is quite a structure, used to fascinate me driving around & looking at barns. Kansas has/had so many different styles because of the different cultures that settled here... When I used to "do" art shows a couple times a year I generally tried to have painting of barns & windmills along with other floral or landscapes & animals. Those barns & windmills were sure sellers!

JeanneP

Well I wrote a long one. Even in colour. Its vanished so will just end with a little poem . Wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR/

Just in case the lines are busy
Just in case I'm drunk and dizzy
Just in case you presume I've forgot
I ensure you dears I really have not
I send you all my love and cheer
and all the best for the coming year!🤩
JeanneP

SCFSue

Happy New Year, everybody!  I had a quiet New Years Eve, but enjoyed old movies and I skipped the mob in NYC on TV.  I can't imagine standing outside with thousands of people just waiting for a ball to drop!

I hope 2019 is a good one for EVERYONE!
Sue

FlaJean

Christmas cactus has been sitting on the front porch all year.  A lot of blooms but the stems? don't look green enough.  I think it needs a little something.

Mary Ann

Jean, your cactus is beautiful.  I neglect my plants to the point they're barely alive.  I guess I wouldn't worry about the leaves because you're doing something right.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Beautiful cactus, Jean..... and can hear my mother saying, "maybe it needs a little iron", her solution to people or flowers! I don't know if that's true or not, but I do tend to give my plants some kind of iron any time they look puny. My plants inside all look like they are starved, and they are, because of dark tinted storm windows that deny them sun.

I'm still trying to get over the holiday... "what day is this?" Have CDs to roll over and still other to-dos that can't be put off. Need to clean out the frig, think some stuff needs to go down to the river for critters to enjoy. Too dark out already. I have gotten a little paranoid about going out after dark in case I'd slip & fall, nobody would know if I didn't get back into the house.

Have not seen the eagle or osprey back on that nest, one of the neighbors had the thought that it could have visited it to "have supper with the squirrel tha built it". It doesn't have the larger twigs woven into the nest like the eagles normally build. Supposed to have a little nicer weather for a few days so will have a look.

FlaJean

After it finishes its blooming I'll feed it a little fertilizer and see if that will help with the stems.

JeanneP

This doesn't copy well but I like the sentiment of it.

As I step into
Another year
I think of those
No longer here
I'll miss their smiles
I'll miss those laughs
The fun we had
In years gone past
But I reserve
Within my heart
A place for them
While we're apart
My love for them
Will always thrive
My memories
Keep them alive
So as I take
Another step
I'll dry the tears
That I have wept
Embrace the year
Endure its tests
And live the life
That I've been blessed
JeanneP

jackwv

JeanneP that was a lovely writing.   Now here is one of my blessings. Mimi had her 10th birthday on Jan 2nd and the breeder sent me the photo of her as a 2 month old. I am also posting a photo of her yesterday, no smile, was waiting for the rain to stop for a walk.

Mary Ann

Jack, what a cutie Mimi was at 2 months.  She still is a cutie at 10 years.  I don't blame her for not smiling if it was raining and she wanted to go out.  Happy Birthday a day late, Mimi.  May you have many more.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Jack, as MaryAnn has posted; she was a cutie then and is still now!

JeanneP

She was such a cute puppy. Now a beautful dog.  Some animal are just like us humans. How we change as we age.
I am going to see if Bubble will post a photo of my Connecticut grands that were just taken. I don't see them often and can't believe how they have changed Now age ll and will be 8 next week. Not been seen on here since about 2 years old.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Bubble. I thought I had your EM address but can't find it. It use to be under your name but I see its no longer there. Lots seem to have taken them off. Can you send it to me. gmjeannep2@gmail.com
JeanneP

Shirley

Jack, the photos melted my heart............what a darling puppy and she really does have that same look yesterday. She is as different from your other "girls" as any humans are to each other. How lucky you two are to have each other. I do envy you & thank you for sharing "the moment". Happy Birthday to Mimi.   :hb2:  :happybday:

Vanilla-Jackie

Oh, Belated 10th Birthday Mimi...I hope your master gave you a special treat....
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

Quote from: JeanneP on January 03, 2019, 02:45:00 PMBubble. I thought I had your EM address but can't find it. It use to be under your name but I see its no longer there. Lots seem to have taken them off. Can you send it to me. gmjeannep2@gmail.com

my email is still in my profile.
eeetsel@gmail.com

JeanneP

Bubble. I have brought up all three places .profile. Member list. It does not show up on my desktop. iPad.
JeanneP