Random Image

switzerland

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:53:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjoan

FlaJean, our Winters can be VERY cold too.  We get down to 0 degrees and sometimes below.

Sandy

Food talk ... makes me hungry,  now I
have to go eat!!! 

Have a good day,  everyone!! 

Sandy

P.S.   When my children were small,  2 tweens and 2 per-schoolers,   we lived on a farm and they had cows and we drank the milk from those cows.    It was pasteurized but not homogenized...   we called it raw milk and it had heavy creme on top ....   yummy!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

I was able to follow the Paul......ship (the huge one) from the time it entered the Duluth harbor from the side passage on the right of the Harbor Cam picture until it had left the canal.
Two big ships in two different harbors in just a few days.  What fun!

It's been pouring down rain in NY harbor and Times Square.  Can only see the tops of umbrellas in TS.
I asked my granddaughter, who works a few blocks from TS, if I would ever see her there.  She didn't reply.  ;)  However, I doubt it - because I know she avoids that area unless absolutely necessary. 

I have to take two meds an hour before eating or 2 hours after, so I take them first thing in the morning and then read the paper and check e-mail until I can eat.
Diabetic dietician said I needed protein for breakfast to keep from getting a Low before lunch.  A friend told me about eating fruit-flavored yogurt on dry cereal.
So my breakfast is always 1/2 a cup of Cheerios with a small carton of yogurt with fruit and one piece of cinnamon bread toast spread with peanut butter - along with a mug of Earl Grey tea.

Noon weather lady reported the Mold count is up and might be causing sinus problems.  I could have told her that the minute I went out to get the paper!!!!! 

Mary Ann and Larry,  I share your senses of humor and got a giggle from the in/out comment.  Same situation in the gated community where I live.

Larry,  childhood home was only 2 miles from town.  My Dad was an attorney but liked living "in the country".  I played in the barn and roamed all over the pasture as a child - including the three ponds.  Don't remember ever seeing a snake or any other "critter".

Sandy,  I grew up with the same kind of milk and cream.  We also had a chicken house so had fresh eggs.

angelface555

Good morning from another warm blue sky Interior day!

Larry, no one had trucks, but there were seven of us in a jeep and an SUV, so we managed everything, and while everyone else has homes, my building has a supply of metal carts with two or three shelves in the entry that are very nice for groceries and other items, and two elevators in the main entrance. It's also nice to have security offices right there as if needed, you can take some up and leave parts in a safe area for the following trip.

I'm not used to being with a large group, but some are very social. Everyone wanted to know about computers as they don't use them. I heard, "but don't you want a real conversation?" I tried to explain about this and other sites, but I believe there were too many preconceptions as, at the last, a woman said I needed to get out more.

Since I usually only eat a large meal in the midafternoon with a sometimes light late evening snack, I prefer salads in the summer and soups and stews in colder weather. Often the salads have meat, eggs, and cheese whereas the soups and stews are quite hardy. Any bread I buy is whole grain, and while many will have so-called stamps of approval of some type, I never purchase without the USDA Organic or wholegrain seal. There are "seals" made to look like the USDA stamp, but I prefer an actual bread made with whole grains and seeds. I often eat the slice with no butter, jelly or other filler as the taste of the food itself is quite good. I have a friend who dumps almost an entire salt shaker on her meals without first tasting or uses at least a cup or more of mayo on her sandwiches. I've learned to just not comment on her meals.

I'll be 67 on the thirty-first and my last doctor's visit; I was told I'm medically twenty years younger even without my weakness and tendency to fall. I believe my allergies to chemicals in fast food, convenience, and microwavable foods has been good for me, forcing me to eat as we did in the past.

Sandy

When I was growing up,  we had chickens until my Mother called the chicken man to come and haul the
chickens away.... 

She hated chickens...  The way that they would peck at each other and make each other bleed...   
So my dad was not a chicken farmer for very long..
lolol

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

When I was in the hospital 100 years ago, my main meal was at noon and I liked that arrangement.  I kept that up for a while but then went astray.  Whenever and whatever I eat, I do try to have it be something good for me.  We do have cookies but seldom have a cake.  I did order a frozen cake some time ago and took a slice off, then put it back in the freezer.  When i wanted another slice, I took the cake out and discovered a big piece had been cut off so I know it will be a long time before I order another cake (I was not the one who cut off the big piece!). 

I just watched a ship go through the Soo and noticed the Eugene Gott is about to go through the locks.  It is about 4 PM.  I also noticed that ship is to arrive in Two Harbors MN tomorrow at 4:30 PM so if it doesn't have to wait anywhere, it takes about 24 hours to get from the Soo to the Duluth area. 

I was interested in the eating habits of everyone.  Mine would be more consistent if Tom were here for every meal.  But he is not.  I try to order a slice of ham or cubed steak, something that is small enough for one person.  Tom does not like casseroles, or at least to cook them, so we eat a lot of chicken, sometimes a roast.  He will buy a roast chicken from the deli and we'll eat that a day or two and I'll make myself a chicken sandwich.  I like sandwiches and I find I want to eat something that I can chew on.  Sandwiches and salads fill that niche.  My mother was from Wisconsin (Dairy state) and liked to cream vegetables - all vegetables.  I still do not like corn for that reason.  Now, I do like corn on the cob, but not off the cob.  I found I was allergic to corn many years ago but I ignore the allergy for sweet corn and pop corn.  I also am allergic to melons and oddly enough, I have never cared for melons although I do eat watermelon, but not others. 

I'd like to have cereal and milk, but Tom won't drink skim milk and that's what I drink.  The last I had I ordered the milk for Tom to pick up (usual order) and the person gave us milk that expired the next day.  I cannot get rid of milk that soon so we haven't had it since. 

I see a book happening, so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Mary Ann

wjoan

Mary Ann, that is one busy little shipyard.  Ships waiting to get in, etc.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is overcast this morning but today is suppose to not get aboave 86 degrees with a good possibility of more rain this afternoon.  As I expected yesterday was a very quiet day and today may be the same except a friend will be here at 10 am to work with me on something for an hour.  I sort of expect tonight will be a TV dinner night.

Mary Ann, my dental hygienist will be in a brand new office with all the most up-to-date equipment the next time I see her.  She has worked in the old office for over 30 years so that will be quite a change for her. The office she is giving up is the only one with a window, which looked out over the street.  She won't have that in the new office.  I keep my eye shut pretty much when I am in the dental chair.  There is only one way out of our subdivision as well so guess we have the same situation as you but didn't really consider that yesterday.  Scott will not be eating with us every week in the future as we had to tell him and the girls that we just weren't up to fixing the meals anymore.  He will just come out to spend the evening with us and we will occasionally go out to eat until our Wednesday night dinners at Church resume in September. 

Joan, you are not getting much relief from the heat.  When I work in the kitchen I sort of clean up as I go along and once I have fixed whatever the kitchen will not be in a mess.  Unfortunately Pat doesn't follow this practice so it is a bigger job all at once when she has been cooking as she did last evening. 

Marilyne, glad your second cousins was able to get in touch with you.  Does she live anywhere close to you that you might someday meet?  AJ is fortunate to have energy as that is something I no longer have.  Just doing a few chores leaves me very tired and needing to sit down for a few minutes. 

Jean, do you like the English muffins with raisins?  I think it is hard to beat the Thomas brand English muffin.  I wish we normally had our big meal of the day at noon but Pat's eating schedule doesn't agree with mine so unless we go out to eat right after the noon hour it is in the evening that we have our big meal.  I am a pretty disciplined person and my accounting background also contributes a bit to my schedule making.  I don't schedule much to do anymore but sometimes that is a bit too much.  I am about to the point of realizing I shouldn't try to do more than one thing when I go out although I want to do two or three things when I leave the house.  Your husband sounds like me in being ready to get with it when I get up.  Pat is also a slow starter. 

Sandy, the milk I had to drink growing up was straight from the cows or from the stored milk in the water cooler we had for the large 5 gallon cans.  I still shudder when I think of the times there was cream on top of my glass of milk. Apparently our minister and his wife raise chickens for fresh eggs and they don't live on a farm just a regular house in a neighborhood.  I am glad my neighbors don't raise chickens although I understand it is becoming quite common in cities. 

Callie, I wouldn't like to have to take medicine a hour before I ate although have one evening pill I am not suppose to take until 30 minutes after eating.  I set it on my end table so I won't forget it each evening.  I hadn't thought about cinnamon bread until you mentioned it and I really like that as well.  The only snakes I remember from the farm were garter snakes and they were harmless although I know that cottonmouth snakes and water moccasins also were in the NW part of Missouri.  It is great when kids have a lot of room to run and play as on a farm.  We also raised chickens and had fresh eggs.  Did you have to go and gather the eggs?  I didn't really like doing that.

Patricia, it sounds like you have a good arrangement at your front entrance to help with getting things up to apartments.  In the first apartment building Stacey lived they had a number of regular shopping carts that could be used if they could be found.  You had to take the elevator to the basement and then go outside to where they were suppose to be stored.  Unfortunately often there were none available as people would use them and then leave them out in the hallways.  The last apartment where she lived they had no such help for the residents.  I bought a little fold up cart that I could put the groceries or other things on and pull it up to her apartment on the third floor.  In this day and age being able to use the computer is becoming almost a necessity.  I can't even imagine life without them.  Maybe your friend should skip the sandwich and just eat the cup of mayo.  :)  I very seldom ever pick up the salt shaker and never have except for sweet corn.  It sounds like the care you have had to take with your food has done you well in terms of aging.     

Mary Ann

It's kind of a dreary day so far but no rain - yet.  I'm not sure our forecast has rain or not.  Tom and I decided we'd go out for lunch and I picked the Cannonsburg deli which is about 10 miles from here, near Townsend Park, a favorite place of my childhood. 

I had something strange happen with my ship viewing.  Last week when I clicked on the Duluth Harbor Lookout, I got a grey screen for the map that told me to go to JavaScript for information.  I got Tom into the act and he discovered that Firefox was no longer going to be able to show the map.  I still could go to the cam shots, just not the map.  Tom got the Soo map over to Duluth and it worked OK, but was not as good as the original map.  The next day I wondered if Windows 10 Edge would work.  I copied the link to Edge - and there was the map.  Accidentally, I clicked on the original Harbor Lookout link and now the map comes up.  Whether my putting it on Edge allowed it to go to Firefox or just what happened, I don't know but I'm not going to monkey with it - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

I finally filled in my absentee ballot and it will go to the mailbox today.  This is for our Primary on August 7. 

If it is dreary here, it is foggy in Grand Haven.  I can make out the pier and that is all.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

https://www.saultstemarie.com/attractions/soo-locks/

I wanted to see if I could get any of the Soo Locks cam sites on Edge and I cannot.  I did copy the link to an article about the locks and there is an overhead picture of the locks and channels that might give you some perspective.  The US is on the left side of the picture and I think everything shown is US, but there is a lock in Canada too.  Both countries (and others) use the US locks. 

Tom and I went to the Cannonsburg Deli for lunch where he had a ham sandwich and I had roast turkey.  You have your choice of bread, cheese, meat and lettuce, tomato, pickle, mayo and mustard (plain or spicy and I chose plain).  They are very generous with the meat and I have a hard to getting my mouth around the sandwich (I'm not Martha Raye or Joe E Brown!).  We each had a drink and they also give chips - three choices.  The drink is not free.  Both of us brought half of the sandwich home.  Cost for everything is $7.95 (not the drink). 

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Mary Ann,  a Thousand Thanks for the link to a picture of the Soo Locks.  I could not figure out where the barriers were from the web cam at the Café and couldn't figure out how I would know when there was a ship actually coming through.

Yesterday, I watched a tanker come into Duluth Harbor and followed it all the way across the harbor.  When it disappeared into the channel on the right hand side,  I switched to the Two Harbor launch site to watch people bringing in small boats.
Much to my surprise, the tanker came "strolling" into that channel, carefully turned around and headed out into the harbor around a point.  Couldn't tell where it went from there.

You have surely provided me with some good entertainment for these hot days when it's best to stay indoors.

Your lunch sounds delicious.  My mother would have called what you had an "Open Face Sandwich".....you have to "open your face' to eat it.  ;)

Mary Ann

Callie, you are right about having to "open face" to eat this sandwich.  I mentioned to Tom that I am not like Martha Raye or Joe E Brown.  Actually, I do not have a big mouth (in size, that is) and I don't have a broad smile.

I just had a strange call from Dot's phone number.  Her calls come through as "unavailable", then the phone number.  I picked up my phone, answered it, and a voice started out that it was the last chance I had to lower my credit card rate.  At no time was a credit card name mentioned and at the last the voice said if I wanted to lower my rate, I should touch "1".  Of course, I hung up.  I get plenty of "robo" calls but this is the first I've had that showed a number I knew.  I have had similar e-mails with the names of relatives but I realized the relative did not use his/her name in the e-mail.  Scammers go to all extremes to trick us, don't they?

I called Dot to let her know about the call, but I think there's nothing she can do about it.

Callie, that Two Harbor Boat Dock fascinates me and I can watch it a long time.  You were lucky to have a freighter show up too.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Mary Ann, I like the Soo Locks website also . . . especially the way it explains exactly how the locks work.  I'm going to have to pay more attention to the Two Harbors Boat Dock.  I've looked at it occasionally, but have never seen any boats or activity there at all!  I finally gave up and quit checking on it, but will start in again.

I can't handle a sandwich of any size anymore, and I have a BIG mouth! (in more ways than one). ha ha. Although I have all my teeth except for one bottom molar, they have become crooked, and have shifted, as Ive grown older. Also my jaw won't open wide anymore. Dentist says it's because of arthritis, and having braces on my teeth when I was a child.  They didn't remove teeth back then.  Consequently I have a hard time chewing just about anything.  I still order sandwiches or hamburgers, or make them here, but I have to cut them with a knife and eat them with a fork.  So I guess my sandwiches are all "open face".

angelface555

The Two Harbors boat dock is just above the Two Harbors Depot so the tanker you saw Callie, was on its way from the canal and bridge to the depot. When you are at the boat launch, you can partially see the upper section of the depot.

CallieOK

Patricia, I had followed the tanker from the time it approached and entered the Canal coming under the bridge into the harbor.  Once in a while I have thought there might be a ship moored opposite the boat dock but had never seen one of the large ones actually in the channel (or whatever it's called).  It was a real surprise to see it begin to appear on the left side of the screen and realize it was the one I'd been following!  It sailed back out into the harbor to the right (not on into the channel) but I couldn't find a cam to follow it there.  Maybe I just didn't wait long enough.

Marilyne,  around mid-day and between 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. (CDT) are good times to check the boat dock.  Boaters seem to be coming in around then.   
Several boats came in while the tanker was turning - including two men in a canoe.  That must be a VERY wide channel!

There's a tanker showing on the Two Harbors Depot cam right now (5:25 CDT) that's moving.  One is supposed to depart (go under the bridge) at 5:45 and the schedule indicates it's "on the way".  I think I'm going to try and follow it and see if it goes under the bridge.
(Obviously,  I have nothing pressing to do   :2funny: )

Sasha

Patricia, would you give a message to your friend who thinks you should get out more? Tell her to go read Susan Cain’s first book, Quiet. As a sensitive, I can’t stomach the mantra, “For better health, make new friends.” The extroverts are determined to belittle the introverts, to the point of calling them abnormal. Whereas I look at the extroverts and ... smh. Thanks for listening.

We’re working on a way to get a horse-size capsule into a cat-size cat. Force-feeding it didn’t work; it just made Cree angry enough to race out into the monsoon. 
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

Mary Ann

Callie, I must be missing something because I don't know anything about a bridge in Two Harbors.  The bridge is in Duluth.  If you want to follow a ship that has come in to Duluth, follow the list on the right of the small screen - Bridge, Bayfront, Hillside and Harbor.  After a ship turns the corner in Harbor you have to follow it on the map - if you want to.  At night the GLA site is pretty because the bridge is lit up and is beautiful.

Marilyn, fishermen come to the Two Harbors Boat Launch nearly all day, but I think many come in the morning, then others in the evening.  It is interesting to watch them back the trailers with or without boats into the water and detach or attach them to the trailers.  Hardly ever do the drivers have to come out of the water to start over again. 

I went out on the deck to sit for a while.  We have had rain, but not today and I had the back cushions over the seat cushions.  Everything looked dry so I sat down for a while.  When I got up, I realized I was damp in the rear.  I looked and some of the rain had gotten between the cushions.  Next time I'll look before I sit down.

Sasha, I'm kind of an introvert myself, but it depends on how many people are there and how well I know them.  With a lot of people, I can sit off by myself, watching everyone because I am a people watcher.  However, with one or two people, I have been known to monopolize a conversation.  I do not feel a need to get out and socialize.  Eat out by myself?  No!  I prefer someone else so there is some conversation.  I did walk by myself when I walked but I had a Walkman on so had music to walk by.  I like company, but I am content to be alone, too.

Now I'll get the cat inside, then go to the Soo and Duluth to see what I can see.

Mary Ann

MaryTX

Mary Ann, regarding your call from Dot's number, telemarketers can buy an entire block of area codes and phone prefixes  (example area code 817-232 from phone companies for $1.00!!  Then they start robo calling from "0001 thru 9999" over and over again, probably until they get some sucker who will fall for their spiel".

I started getting a rash of calls from my prefix.  If I don't recognize a number, I don't answer.  I did call back one number and the person who answered hadn't called me and had been getting calls from our prefix also.  I have even called myself a couple of times and my daughter who has a different prefix has called herself too!

We have ATT cell phones and they have an app that automatically blocks spam, suspected spam, telemarketers etc which does eliminates a lot of those calls.

Mary

/size]

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

Mary Ann

MaryTX, I recognized the call as a "robo" call as soon as I realized it wasn't Dot.  I get a lot of calls from my area code and my prefix, but this is the first time I've had a call from a number I recognized.  I wondered afterward how many calls I've sent out.  Fortunately, no one has called me back for any reason.  I've always suspected how the calls work - dial several number and the first one to answer "wins".  I do not answer numbers I don't know, but I know Dot's number, so answered.  Our parents didn't raise any dumb children, did they???

Mary Ann

angelface555

Sasha, I know exactly what you mean! Most of my friends are married, have more money and love to shop...I know...how did I get so lucky?  ::)

I am an introvert, decluttered big time two years ago, eat consciously not convenience, am on a pension and take classes, not credit cards. Yet we somehow click. I believe its because we go back over twenty or more years and we're all animal crazy. Only one other has a computer, and I don't know what she uses it for. Another has a laptop that isn't hooked up to the internet, and she uses it like she would a typewriter. I just ordered the book you mentioned on Amazon.

If I need to pill Farrah, I grease it with butter, wrap her in a towel, quickly before she suspects, in a tiny closed bathroom and put it in the rear of her mouth, hold said mouth closed, rubbing her throat gently until I've seen her swallow. Before I release her, I check her mouth. You probably are familiar with all of that. If Cree is outside only, I can just wish you luck.

Farrah is already upset with me and her diet. No treats, only IAMS dry diet cat food in a cup per day. When she used to eat two cups per day of the old food along with a large number of treats, now it takes her two days to eat one cup. I just refill when it gets to little remains and ignore her "suffering."

Callie, this is the page for the links I use. The ship schedule is at the top center and I set up all the links so I can follow the ships arriving and departing. The only issue is I am three hours behind the stated hours in the cans and don't always match the times to my times.

https://lsmma.com/live-cam.php

MaryAnn, I used to get emails all the time from my computer friends that were "robo emails?" Norm was a frequent one and when I would tell him someone was using his addy, he would always blame it on a granddaughter.

Larry, the mayo eating woman, already has heard it all including, "would you like bread with that mayo?" She won't change at this late date. On the plus side, she is kind, generous and has a large yardful of gorgeous wildflowers that she tends.

The Montessori building below me has also sold. I don't know to who or what, but today they removed everything in the playground and put in some builtin off the ground plant holders with lots of vegetables in the yard. I'm going to miss the cries of the children at recess.

Mary Ann

A ship is coming into Duluth right now.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Quote from: Mary Ann on July 24, 2018, 08:57:06 PM
Callie, I must be missing something because I don't know anything about a bridge in Two Harbors.  The bridge is in Duluth.  If you want to follow a ship that has come in to Duluth, follow the list on the right of the small screen - Bridge, Bayfront, Hillside and Harbor.  After a ship turns the corner in Harbor you have to follow it on the map - if you want to.  At night the GLA site is pretty because the bridge is lit up and is beautiful.
Mary Ann

I had not learned the difference between Duluth and Two Harbors.  Now I know because I did some research -during which I found this:

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/water_access/harbors/two_harbors.html

Now I know what the area around the boat launch looks like.

BTW,  the tanker I was following moored across from the boat launches.  Looks like the same one I mentioned earlier.  It came from the same direction that one went.

angelface555

Across from the boat launch is the upper portion of the Two Harbors Depot. It may have been awaiting a berth.

Mary Ann

https://harborlookout.com/ships#0

http://www.duluthharborcam.com/p/canal-park-cams.html

Patricia, these links are how I get to the Duluth sites.  The first one gives the names of the ships, departure or arrival and the second one is for the Duluth Canal and from there you can go to all of the other cams.

The docks at Two Harbors are visible in both sites - Boat Launch and Docks but you see more from the Launch site. 

I am sure Norm's granddaughter was not the one using his name on e-mails; she would not have known his password if he used it.  On the other hand, he might have been kidding.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Mary Ann,   hate to keep bringing up the ships in Duluth/Two Harbors but I have one more question:

Google maps shows 28 miles between Duluth Harbor basin and Two Harbors.  Are the ships we see on the Harbor Cams not the same ones I've seen on the Two Harbor Boat launch cam?   I'm confused!!!!!!

angelface555

MaryAnn, I have no idea if Norm was kidding or not. When I informed him that I was getting several spam emails from him, (and Pat Scott); he told me his granddaughter had been over and played games and downloaded stuff on his computer. He may not have been aware he had spam.

After the second time, I just deleted it. This was back when we were still in SeniorNet. If spammers get hold of your email addy, they will send spam in your name through use of your address box. I brought it up because of your mention of robocalls using your and Dot's number.

As to the Great Lakes Cams, I've used these sites every since I first learned about Duluth. I'll have to check out your cams. Edit: It is too dark to see the cams as I am three hours behind so I'll check tomorrow.

Your canal cam is smaller than the Lake Superior Marine Museum Association cam site of the same canal. However, your ship schedule is the same, just placed in a different area of your cam page instead of at the top center. The information I gave Callie was for my site. I'm not familiar with the one you use so I'll check it out.   Perhaps Superior just uses larger cams. 

Mary Ann

Callie, the Harbor cam and the Two Harbors cams are not the same.  You can follow a ship from entry in Duluth, past the bridge, into Bayfront, past Hillside (although that cam is not what it should be now) into the Harbor where you can watch the ship until it turns from the harbor.  At the right of the cam shot is a list of the cams.

Two Harbors is a city north of Duluth on the shore of Lake Superior.  That is where the Beach Launch is.

Patricia, are you aware of the arrows at the lower right corner of the cams that allows you to have a full-screen picture?  Clicking on the full screen in that location will make the picture small again.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. There are storms predicted for our area today but they may miss us as they did yesterday.  It is to be another day in the 80's.  The only thing on the schedule for today is we plan on going out for our main meal around lunch time and then Scott plans on coming over this evening for a couple of hours.  I just finished fixing Pat's breakfast and had already emptied the dish washer.  I also folded up some kitchen towels and other related type items.  Other than fill my pill boxes for 2 weeks and take out the trash a little later I don't really have much else I expect to do today. Yesterday was just a nice quiet day of rest. 

Mary Ann, it sounds like you got your money's worth with that large sandwich especially since it made two meals for you both.  Thanks for mentioning the absentee ballots as I need to submit requests for ours now that the primaries are over.  I haven't thought of Martha Raye or Joe E. Brown in a long time. 

Callie, we get some of those "open face sandwiches" on occasion and I often use a fork to eat a sandwich if it won't stay on the bread or is too messy to pick up and eat. 

Marilyne, my dad had braces when he was a child and they basically ruined his teeth.  He was totally against my sister and I ever getting braces and we didn't. 

Sasha, we each need to live our lives as we choose and there is nothing wrong, as you well know, in preferring ones own company.  I think I am sort of in the middle in that I enjoy being with people but don't need them around me all the time and do enjoy my quiet time.  You have to wonder why they would make such big capsules for a cat or dog.

Mary, caller ID is good but guess it fails in the case that Mary Ann referred to.  I will answer if the name comes up as it means it is in my contact list but know that doesn't always mean anything.  I have the telephone number I had when we lived in Georgia so get a lot of robocalls with that area code even though I now live in another State. 

Patricia, I remember when you did the recluttering at your apartment.  Are you starting to fill the spaces back up.  I get the same thing as the mayo lady as I like a lot of ketchup, especially on potatoes, eggs and meat.  It is my food, I am paying for it and will eat it as I want to.  It is a joy to hear and see small children.   That is something I so enjoy at our Church and our Wednesday night dinners.   

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble