Random Image

my knitting

Owner: so_P_bubble
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane and Every Buddy looking in.  Jane, thoughts and prayers for Ray and you.  This is a very difficult time for both of you--and it's scary, too.  I wish that we friends could help out, but know that we care for both of you and hate that you have been going through such a difficult time.  Love and hugs and wishes for good results of everything Ray is receiving from his doctors.

Sue

SharonE

Jane, I am so sorry to hear the news about Ray. I'm glad he is home though.  It must be so difficult for you both. Know that we all are sending hugs, prayers and good thoughts to you both. Post when you can, but we will understand if it's not often.

I just got back from the ST Jude tech who tweaked my back stimulator.  If this one isn't effective, she told me of another similar, but more invasive surgery that would be more likely to help. First I had heard of it.

I'm eating lunch and then we're off to the church for the directory portraits.

Hi to all.  Sharon

Marilyn

Jane I am so sorry to hear about Ray. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Update on Kim. She is not eligible for a transplant. She will stay on Dialysis for a while yet, then they will try to treat her with diet and exercise plus medication. She needs to do a complete life changing make over if she wants to get well. Ronnie, my son, is staying there with her until she can go home. Such a sad situation for her and for my son s well.

Cottoncandy

Jane so sorry of the bad news...love ..prayers and hugs your way...God is in control...may you feel his presence and peace

maryz

So sorry to hear sad news from jane and from Marilyn.  Our hearts are with you.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I am dressed, cleaned up the kitchen, and am ready for Tim to arrive to take me to the library, Kroger, and I think we'll also be meeting Kris for lunch.  Eddie is ill, don't know the cause, but this is why Tim is picking me up this morning.

Jane, thoughts and prayers continue for you and Ray.  This is a tough time for both of you.  Keep us posted and know that we are all praying for a good outcome.

Marilyn, I am sorry to hear the news about Kim.  I know you are sad about it and I'm glad her brother Ronnie is helping her as best he can.  Keep us posted.

Sharon, it sounds as if you may have an alternative after your check-up yesterday.  I hope that if you try it, you will feel much better. 

I'm going to read until Tim gets here.  It's been raining this morning and looks as if we'll have more rain all day.  I got my rain jacket out of the closet and will wear it when we go out.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy--and thoughts and prayers for Ray and Jane as well as for Marilyn's daughter.

Sue

SharonE

Thank you, Bubbles, for letting us know about Pat. We are losing many of the oldies it seems.  Pat will be missed by all.

Jane, once again, I'm sending prayers for you and Ray. May the new treatments work.

Marilyn, Prayers going out for Kim as well. I know you have worried about her for a long time.  Changing one's lifestyle completely is very difficult. I hope she is able to do so with her dad's support.

I am about ready to head off for the cardiologist's. I hope he can give me some definitive news.

After the portraits, etc, yesterday, I went to the grocery & library as well.  Tomorrow is my first free day this week.

My best to all.  Sharon

jane

Bubble...thank you for posting about Pat's passing.

The treatment went well....he's better this morning than he's been for quite a while, so we will enjoy that.

After a terribly hot and humid Thurs., it's refreshing cool here....I have all the windows open to dispel the heat from outside and these two concentrator. 

I'm about to take a nap since Patricia and Donal are here to keep an eye on Ray.

Jane

maryz

Bubble, thanks for letting us know about Pat. We've certainly appreciated all the work she's done. 

jane, glad Ray is feeling better and you're getting some help.

Sharon, hope this appointment goes well, too.

Sue and Randy should be here shortly, and we'll head for the wedding area.  It's about 90 minutes NW of here, so not too far.  Will check in when I can.

Happy weekend, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

My son texted me this morning, Kim will not eligible at all for a liver transplant.  Her kidneys are failing even though she has been on 24/7 dialysis for a week. They are going to try intermittent dialysis to see if it is possible for her to be transferred to Columbia SC where she lives and do outpatient dialysis and spend time with her 6 yr old daughter. Her life expectancy is short.

SharonE

Oh, Marilyn, I'm so sorry to hear that. I do hope she gets to spend some time with her daughter.  Will Ronnie take over care of her daughter when she passes? Or does the father enter the picture. Such a sad commentary for one so young. I know it must break your heart and also to be so far away from her with responsibilities there.  Prayers.

Jane, I'm glad Ray is better today and that you have some help and can rest a little.  Prayers.

Mary, I'm sure you will have a wonderful weekend at the wedding. Will look forward to hearing about it. Ours is next weekend.

The cardiologist said he couldn't see any change yesterday, but ordered an echogram for the 6th.

John has been working outside the past couple days and is also planning to repaint the shutters since they have faded so badly. I actually found the color in my papers and so picked up a quart yesterday.  The pressure washer is coming Tues, so we hope he will do the shutters and windows as well as the siding.  He is a young firefighter who does this on the side. We've had him a couple times already. My cleaning girl skipped a week on me and will be here Monday, which is good.

My knee seems better after the shot and the back tweaking. Cross your fingers that it stays better through the wedding.

Hi Darlene, Jeanne, Bubbles, Joy and whoever else I've missed. Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I'm moving slowly this morning.  I finally read the morning paper and have cleaned up the kitchen, but don't have much pep.  Tim came by to take me to lunch and the library yesterday as Eddie is sick.  Tim and Kris are flying to Alaska on Monday for a cruise up there, so unless Eddie gets better--I think it's flu--I may have to ask my neighbor to pick up a few things at Kroger when he goes shopping.  Not much else going on here this weekend.

Sharon, it sounds like you and John are busy doing "spring" cleaning. When will you leave for the wedding?  Or have you already gone and I missed it? 

Marilyn, I am so sorry about the situation with Kim.  I can only imagine such a terrible problem and know you must be heart broken.  Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Mary, have a safe trip.  I'm sure you'll enjoy your family and the wedding.  Let us know how it goes!

Jane, it's good that Ray is home and he is probably glad of that.  I am so sorry that he has been so very ill and know how hard it is on both of you.  Thoughts and prayers for you both.  I wish we could all help out, but do know that we are thinking of you and praying for you both.

I need to get outside for my morning walk before it gets any hotter.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.

Sue

SharonE

Sue, the wedding is next weekend. We fly to Evansville, IN on Friday AM and return Sunday evening. I'll be sure to tell you about it. The bride to be has been accepted into a Nurse Practitioner course starting this fall.  She will try to continue working as a labor and delivery nurse and completing as many classes as possible on computer. Of course she will have to do the clinicals in person.

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone...Texas is still having some bad weather in places...all we are getting is rain and oh yeah humidity...Sharon have fun on your wedding trip...u may already be back...Marlyin..thinking of you as well as Ray and Jane....praying for better days.  Sue I didn't get to walk this morning due to the rain...now the sun is out and to hot...I'm really really disgusted with my B/P...Dr wanted me to try the amdopline...again because it kept my BP waydown...better than the Losartan....BUT...I'm not going to be able to tolerate it....makes me light headed and shaky....will call Dr Monday...the Losartan didn't bother me...just didn't keep it below 140 as they want.....sorry I'm complaining about such a small health problem when so many are suffering with much bigger problems...have a great weekend....

jane

Marilyn...hope Kim can be near her daughter, if that's what's best for both. 

Sue...good to stay away from Eddie, if he's sick. 

Sharon...hope the pain continues to improve.

Mary.hope all the wedding activities are going well.

Jeanne....beautiful day now, after lots of rain this morning. More storms coming soon.  Patricia and I ran out to grocery and drug store and WalMart between storms.

Alpiner and Darlene..hope all is good with you both

Ray has had two wonderful days since this new chemo.  Doc said the results would come quickly if it worked.  He can breathe better, he feels better, and he can walk much better and farther without running out of breathe while on oxygen.  He couldn't before. I pray this continues.

Jane

jane

Darlene...if the amlodipine made me feel bad, I wouldn't continue to use it either.  My blood pressure is usually above 140.  That's just how my body is.  I think, like everything else, our bodies are all different, and "normal" for one person isn't normal for somebody else.

I hope you can talk to him frankly and honestly, AND he listens!

Jane

Marilyn

I don'y have any side effect from the 5mg Amlodipine I take with the Metaprlol.

Sherry Kim's daughter Kendra is with her father Kent and his family.

Cottoncandy

Jane are you still taking the Losartan?..Marlyin do you take the amdopline in morning or at night? I'm wondering if it would make a difference.....thanks for your input....

Cottoncandy

Jane actually I feel better when my BP is 140'instead of 120 ...it's the Drs that insist it be lower...I had no side effects with Losartan

SharonE

Marilyn, I'm glad Kendra is with her father. I wasn't sure of the situation.

Jane, I'm so very glad to hear of Ray's improvement. I hope it continues.

I heard today that the husband of one of my former golf partners in IN passed away.  So sad, but he was 86. It's just that I don't like losing friends regardless of age.

With all the BP products out there, I would think he could find one that would work, but 140 is just the top of normal. I wouldn't take anything for it.  Of course, mine is 120/60 so it's not an issue for me. However, I do take a beta blocker called Coreg for my heart which also lowers BP, so that accounts for some of it.

It's 2:14 AM!!! Still not asleep.  Hito all. Was 91 here today! Sharon

Marilyn

No one has posted since last night? My grand daughter is off the Dialysis machine temporarily to see if she can do this intermittently. So she can return to Columbia SC to see her daughter graduate from kindergarten.

SharonE

Marilyn, I do hope she gets to see her graduate from Kindergarten. It will be an important time for them both. She continues in my prayers.

My cleaning girl is here today, so the house will be clean when we leave on Friday.  The pressure washer is coming tomorrow and hopefully will do the outside of the windows at the same time. Wed, I'm playing bridge and then getting a mani/pedi afterwards. Thurs is packing day.

John started having a terrible toothache last night, but couldn't get in today. She'll see him tomorrow. I hope we can get that taken care of before we leave.

I hope Mary's family wedding went well and she's safely home.

Most of all, I hope Ray is continuing to do well.

Hi to everyone. Have a wonderful day!  It's sunny and supposed to be around 90 here today.  Looks like summer.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I'm moving like a slug this morning--just don't have a lot of pep.  It's pretty hot here already this morning and I haven't walked, but will put on a large brimmed hat before walking and hope for the best!

Jane, I'm hoping today is a good one for you and Ray.  It's great that the new chemo is making him feel better and also hopeful.  I'm praying also that this treatment works well and he will continue to improve.  Also am including you in my prayers.  I can remember depressing days when Bob was so ill.  I think nothing is worse than seeing one's husband feeling so poorly.  Thoughts and prayers for you both.  Keep us posted.

Darlene, I hope you and the doctor can work out something for you that is mutually agreeable and will help you feel better.  Let us know how it works out.

Sharon, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.  Does he still have family there?  Also sorry that you have had some problems sleeping.  When that happens, the next day is usually pretty dreary (at least for me).  I also hope John gets into the dentist before you have to leave for the wedding. 

Tim just left.  He came over to go through some paperwork with me and to update his plans for the trip to Alaska that he and Kris are taking next week.

It's very sunny and almost hot here today.  I need to put my shoes on and my brimmed hat and get around the block while I can still stand it!

Marilyn, thoughts and prayers for your daughter.  I do hope she is able to attend the kindergarten graduation.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

jane

Darlene, I, too, feel better in the 130-140 range.  The docs had Ray's BP so low, he was "loopy," and staggering around like he was drunk.  I think they sometimes get on these "kicks" and get carried away.  Perhaps you can speak firmly to the doc and tell him you simply do NOT FEEL GOOD when they're constantly at you to lower your BP. 

Sharon...hope John can get tooth relief.

Sue...be careful in the heat.

Marilyn...hoping Kim can see the little one finish up Kindergarten.

Mary...hope your wedding trip was a great one.

Jeanne...nice day here today...dry...and then back to rain starting tomorrow.

This round of company has finally departed.  WHY does company insist on staying and chatting on and on when visiting someone trying to get back on their feet? Nephew finally said he had to get on the road and niece and her daughter from Chicago got the message and decided they needed to head back to the city, too.  WHEW!

Peace and quiet here now.

jane

maryz

I'm home- got back yesterday afternoon, but am just now getting on the computer. The wedding was delightful.  The weather was predicted to be near 90, but I don't think it was nearly that hot, there was a slight breeze, and I got to sit in the shade.  Also about 10 minutes after the ceremony, there was a brief hard shower, which cooled things off more.  We managed to get under roof before getting too wet, and it turned off very pleasant (not as humid as might have been expected).  The ceremony went well, and the bride and groom were lovely, of course.  She did ride her horse (astride, in full wedding gown!) until she got to the beginning of the aisle, then dismounted and walked down the aisle with her father. 

I used a walker over the weekend and, with the "authoritative encouragement" of my girls, I'm going to use it full time now.  I do feel much more secure - I have to admit.  Randy and I were the "co-invalids" - he had a rotator cuff repair less than 2 weeks ago, so he had the use of only one arm and was in pain much of the time.  But, with help, we managed.  I'm pretty much still exhausted - slept all night, then another 2-hour nap this morning.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Jane, I'm glad Ray has gotten some ease from the new treatments, and hope that holds.  Lots of Tennessee hugs.

Marilyn, I hope your daughter gets to spend that time with her daughter.  My heart goes out to you and your loved ones.   

Sharon, I hope your wedding is as enjoyable as ours was.  Unfortunately, you never get to talk to old friends as much as you would like, though.  Hope the pain stays at manageable levels, too. 

Sue, please be careful out walking.  I worry about your possibly falling, and I know how bad the heat can be.

Darlene, my doc would like my BP to be below 130, but it rarely is, and usually runs in the 140s.

I don't know what happened to spring, but it seems to be gone here.  Temps in the 90s predicted for every day this week.

Stay cool, Buddies!

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I'm dressed and ready to go to Azalea Place for lunch and bridge afterwards.  Libba will pick me up.  My cleaning ladies just arrived and are already busy, so they'll be finished before Libba gets here.

This is going to be a busy week for me.  Alex is graduating from Birmingham Southern University on Friday.  Jon or Stacie will pick me up on Thursday to take me up to spend the night.  The graduation is early on Friday morning and I'm hoping Jon will bring me home that afternoon as I'm expecting Bill for the weekend, sometime on Saturday.  I need to call Eddie to see how he's feeling and also to tell him I won't need him this week.

Jane, I'm with you on not having visitors while Ray is feeling so badly.  It has to be stressful for both you and Ray.  I'm praying that you won't get anymore and will be able to enjoy your time together.  I know they mean well, but I can remember those days when Bob just didn't want to see anyone except me and the boys.  It's just tough.  Keep your chin up!

Mary, I do try to get my walking done well before 11:00 as it has been pretty hot here.  I'm glad you had a lovely time at the wedding.  It sounds like everything went well and the bride was lovely.  I can't imagine her riding her horse in her wedding gown, though!

Not much else to report today.  Hello to all Buddies looking in--and have a nice day Every Buddy.

Sue

Marilyn

Kim is my grand daughter.  Friday night  the nurse got the DNR mixed up and was going to take her off all meds. If my son hadn't been there she would have  faded off into the night as he put it. He will be going with her to Lexington and stay with her until. she goes home. He said that  if God wants her to stay she will start improving, if not the it  i her time to go. I feel so bad for my wson having to say goodbye to his youngest daughter.

SharonE

Jane, I know Ray is close to his family, but they should know better than to tire both of you out at such a time.

John is going to have a tooth pulled tomorrow! He chose that over a root canal.  I hope he won't be in too much pain over the weekend.

Mary, it sounds like it was an unusual, but beautiful wedding. Glad you all enjoyed it and glad you've decided to use the walker all the time.  Rest up now.l

Marilyn, that is awful that the nurse mixed up the DNR orders! As if you all don't have enough to worry about.

The guy just finished pressure washing our house, so the windows look clean too.

Sue, I hope you enjoy the graduation, although I must confess they aren't high on my entertainment list. I think a family party later makes more sense.  Enjoy your bridge. I play tomorrow.  It's really hot here too.  Sharon

maryz

Marilyn, this is such a hard time for you and all your family.  Lots of hugs!

Sharon, I hope John does okay with his extraction.  I opted to do that a number of years ago - it was a good decision for me.

jane, hope you're having some quiet time - at least for long enough to catch your breath.

It's up in the 90s this afternoon.  I got out this morning to get my haircut and make a quick trip to Aldi - blueberries and yogurt mostly, but they had some cherries - and they are good.

Happy Tuesday to all the Buddies!