Random Image

beverly

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:02:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, August 31, 2019, 11:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks dark out but it is daylight. sky is all gray clouds and 54°. By the end of the week we are supposed to have "summer like temperatures" so say the guessers.

PHYLLIS  sorry you had sore legs when the PT left. I was just watching the Patriots doing exercises walking across the field. The way they move their legs at times I wonder how they do not dislocate a hip. Guess that is what keeps them limber in that too rough game. We did not even get any rain for Dorian here. It  did damage in Nova Scotia as a tropical storm, sure traveled far north still powerful.

LLOYD  glad you are now home safe and sound. It is always good to get home and relax.

JOY  I do not do much cleaning either. I do make my bed and a few dishes but that is about it. I am glad I have a good CNA. She keeps telling me to go sit down and I tell her I have to do something besides sit all the time. I have to do what I can.

JENNY  love the new avatar you have. Jonah is so cute with a beautiful smile. Along with many others I wish they could find something that helps arthritis. It has been around for so many years one would think all those scientists would ave found something by now.

SHIRLEY  the last few nights have been great sleeping weather, not even a fan on. I have been sleeping better because of it, too.

LLOYD and AMY you both sneaked in when I wasn't looking

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and attem and trying to catch up with the "stuff" I put off yesterday for my visit to my sister's.

Right now, I have the rest of the spaghetti sauce cooking with sausages in it.  After they're canned, I'll be able to decide if I just want to eat them with the spaghetti or have them in a roll for a lunch sandwich.  I've never done them this way before but I'm thinking they'll last a while and I won't have to be shopping all the time.  I think I might be getting ready to retire in January or February.  February is the end of our fiscal year and there's usually some kind of bonus based on the number of hours you've worked in the preceding year.  I think I might try to hang around for that. 

I picked 5 more tomatoes off my single vine this morning.  That makes a total of 12 so far.  If we don't get an early frost there are many more green ones coming on.  I have a container of them already cut up and in the fridge for my lunch today.  And I had some for supper last night.  I wonder what it is that makes the ones we grow ourselves taste so much better that those we buy...even if we buy them at the farmers market?

I guess I better get back to work or I'll never get done.  I also feel a nap in my day somewhere. 

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

Jane, for your sake, I hope you do retire whenever you can or want.  You will find you are so busy in retirement that you wonder how you ever had time to work!  I've been retired 33 years now.  Much of my time is spent on the computer, but I always have something going.  I have never regretted retiring for a moment. 

I pulled a Jane and Amy last night - I cooked something.  Nothing as elaborate as you two would, but with Tom here, I do not cook any more.  I found an aged cube steak in the freezer yesterday and Tom was gone, so I defrosted the steaks (there were three) and put them in a pan with an onion and tomato soup and cooked it on the stove for an hour.  If there is some stew meat in the freezer, that will be my next project. 

We have an overcast day so far, going from 54 to 60 degrees since 7:30 this morning.

Dot and I did our usual and went to Mr Burger (aka the Cholesterol pit - a term Norm gave them) and had a Tuna Melt and a cream pit.  We split both items.  Mr Burger is a hamburg place, but Sunday mornings, it is packed with people and families.

I loved traveling in the mountains and would love to see some again.  We have what is called Porcupine Mountain in the UP of Michigan but our highest elevation for the state is 1400+ feet so you can see someone stretched things a bit.  And that 1400 feet is in the lower peninsula near Cadillac.  However, it is a pretty area and the Lake of the Clouds is up there too.  The UP is very scenic even if our mountain is a hill.

Mary Ann

Amy

Love a doing nothing but putz day. :) I did start to cut out another quilt and it will take a while just to cut out all the pieces.
Turned out to be a lovely cool day here, while out in the back yard two loons flew over,..soon they too will will flying south. :( Played ball and frisbee till the dogs tuckered me out......seems to be the norm now they have a lot of energy!

Jane, bet your home smells so good will all the cooking you are doing. That will sure taste good come winter.

MaryAnn, that sounds good, bet it was nice and tender too! I always get a chuckle when you call the restaurant the Cholesterol Pit. We have a few of those also but at times one does give in and enjoy a meal there.

Going to see if I can cut anymore pieces..the more I get done the quicker I can start the quilt.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Amy, as I said, Norm coined the phrase "Cholesterol Pit" and with a hamburger joint, everything, or almost everything, is fried.  The food is good.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Haha, Mary Ann, I grew up with the "Ozark Mountains" and they looked like rocky hills to me, interesting rocks but not the mountains I had pictured in my mind!  I still look down all the time, sure there is a special rock waiting to be found. Your meal sounds like something I used to fix & forgot all about. I'd take round steak & brown in pieces & then cover with slices onions & pour V8 over & simmer or bake for an hour or two, usually in the oven. Kids liked it because it would be so tender. The day has been cloudy since thunder woke me up before 5:00 am.... not a drop of rain but right now this computer says it is 85° but the thermometer outside says over 90° in the shade. Sure is humid.

Gloria, just so you know, you'd be griping about this weather today as well.  :P  >:(  I am SO ready for fall or winter.

Cats got fed early because I came home from church & breakfast with all the kids & went to sleep on the end of the bed in the extra bedroom. I have a sheet over the top because the cats sometimes go in there to nap & I can lay crossways & watch TV. My daytime nap space. It was 2:30 when I woke up so will have to see what Fitbit gives me for the day & night. The nap brought my sleep up to over 7 hours, near record for me!  :nanadance:

And now I need to get busy. Not sure what this week will bring. Roofer was going to order the shingles again, they used the ones he got before on another place while MY "advisor" debated the type & cost. The hail was June 18 & since I didn't realize it did so much damage, didn't report until a week later when we got back from CO. Still been a long time getting the details taken care of when all the facts were presented in that first message. I am a little "testy" about this.

Hey, Amy, I am watching the signs of fall/winter & while it sure is feeling like summer, I realize the Monarch butterflies went through a long time ago, no robins for weeks & trees are dropping leaves. Have a feeling it is because the leaves are so thick the roots can't provide enough food & water to sustain them all, not the season. :knuppel2:

JaneS

Nine pint and a half size jars of sausages and spaghetti sauce sitting on the dining room table cooling and waiting to be labeled.  The last one was just sauce to use up the jar and fill the canner.  I put a checkmark on it with magic marker so Id know which one it was an said a little prayer that it didn't wash off.  It didn't!  Two of them have the last of the meatballs in them and they have blue lids.  I do NOT trust my memory!

I still have about 6 pints of sauce left and I'm trying to decide whether to just can it or add something to it and make more.  I have meatballs left over in the freezer and  some peppers too.  But I think I'll play Scarlett O'Hara and "think about that tomorrow". 

SHIRLEY, I think you have a right to be "testy" about how long it's taking to get your roof repaired.  That lady should look for another job where she doesn't have to deal with people.....maybe she shouldn't try dealing with animals either!

I, for one, am NOT ready for winter.  I get a lot more done about here when I can wear shorts or jeans and a tee shirt than I do when I have to be all bundled up.  And I hate hearing the furnace run because it sounds just like the rustle of $20. bills when it runs.  And they are not stopped by a closed door or window.  They just go right through!  And I end up waving goodbye!

Not having grown up with A/C I can do without that for longer than I can do without heat!

Doggies are getting hungry!  So am I!  I think I'll find something good to eat.  Anyone want to join me?

Amy

Shirley, we have lots of Monarchs here ,more than what we have had in other years??? We still have robins here...

Need to go out and cover up the garden as they are calling for frost tonight..
Forgot to add..Jane I will be right there with apple crisp....finally found something to use that apple pie filling in.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Supper!  Tomatoes right out of the garden, meat loaf right out of the freezer and Apple Crisp right out of Amy's hand!  Um-um-good!

Now I'm wish you all Nighty-night!  I'm going to watch one episode of Home Improvement, take the doggies out one last time an hit the hay!

I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Well it is time to wish you all good Night and sweet dreams. Hope to see you all with smiles tomorrow.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.is 5:34 Am. 70 dirges and mostly clear here. am going to VA after while and hope to catch up with my other hearing aide so maybe I can get back in tune with hearing.rested good but dreamed some crazy dreams. Hope you all had a good night. see you all later.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a chilly morning but supposed to turn into a nice day later.  It should be in the mid 70s by mid day.  I'll take that!  For those of you who are wishing for winter, I think this is my favorite season.  The temps are moderate, there is still fresh garden produce and the driving conditions are good.  I don't need a coat or boots and there are not enough leaves on the ground yet to need raking.  Yep!  I'll take early Fall over almost anything.  I also like late Spring even if it rains a bit!

I'll be off to Wally World in a little while.  Wish me lots of smiles today.  They make the time go faster.

I'm going to pick up the meat for veggie soup on my way home today and maybe I'll have it cook overnight in the crock pot.  I have to make a lot because Frankie wants some when she moves into her apartment, Bethany wants some at college and I have 5 quarts promised to the church for the soup sale.  If I want any for myself, I'll have to make a lot!  I'm going to swing by Davy's for tomatoes either after work today or tomorrow morning.  Then the fun begins.

I really NEED a new keyboard!  I'm having to back up and retype all the time. I've been looking but I can't decide. 

It's almost time for the boinger and breakfast and then I have to "put an egg in my boot and beat it" or I'll be late for work.

I wish you all a lovely day!
Make it your own in every way!

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Tad cooler here temp is 31° F glad I covered up the garden last night.

Just marking my spot and will be back.

Enjoy your day everyone
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Looking at the cooler temps. that you are reporting from "up North" and feeling envious.  We are to have temps. in near or low 90's all this coming week.  Early Fall is my favorite, too, and am waiting....waiting...waiting.  Will it ever get here?  :-\

Not a good day yesterday.  The vertigo came back for awhile and I spent most of the day in the recliner.  Also, the med. that I take to help with the dizziness makes me really sleepy so chased the zzzzz's most of the day.  I feel much better today and I am hoping it stays that way.

Laundry day today.  I must get started.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, slept really late this morning but then it took a long time before I finally got to sleep.  This will have to be short. Sill have to have breakfast and get washed and dressed before CNA gets her and that will take me a couple of hours. I really move slow these days.

JANE  get that bonus before you give that note of quitting the job.

PHYLLIS  the weather guessers are saying we will have summer temperatures by the end of the week. I am glad I didn't get the AC put away yet.

Have a good day.

Carol

Reading all of the notes, I am so far behind in checking in on you. 

Tomorrow is another full day at the Veteran's hospital and I will be driving Don.  We are desperately hoping for pain relief - spinal stenosis.  Friday, I get my final bandage off my neck (that was the now gone cancer scare).  I think we need a vacation..

Jenny:  You two have gone through so much - I hope you have good test results for everyone. 

I hope Carolyn drops in to check out this friendly group. 

Jane:  Wishing you the best for your future retirement!

Amy

Doesn't take long for a day to disappear!!  Just worked around home today.Made a cherry pie and shells for two more pies. Leftover pastry was rolled out, buttered with brown sugar and cinnamon then rolled up and baked.
I have already tucked the garden in,put the cover back over it . I did see where frost did get some of the garden though.

Phyliss, my friend told me what to do for my vertigo...she said pull your head to the left hold for 4 seconds....then to the right.....hold again.......then down  and back for the same amount of time.  I keep forgetting to do those exercise but really should.

Gloria, I don't mind one bit sleeping in, nice for a change :)

Carol, happy to read all is well now with your neck.. :thumbup:

Going to go ........I dunno.....want to cut more fabric but too tired to make sure I do it right..

Go watch tv......I can do that :)
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I'm going to go take the doggies out one last time and then hit the hay!  You know, that used to be true when I all the years that I went to Girl Scout camp.  One of the first things we had to do was take our mattress tick down to the old barn and fill it with hay and then drag it back to our unit and that was our bed for the week.  Every so often, we would give it a couple shakes but it always got the shape of our bodies before too long.  We used to envy the counselors because THEY HAD REAL MATTRESSES!  I kind of liked the smell of the hay!  And we really did "hit the hay" at night!  Good memories!

Now I'm going to get on with it.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one

Denver

Just going to say GOODNIGHT.

It has been a really long day and I am headed off to bed.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning everyone.

I slept in again!! Need to take Kyle for blood work and pick up scripts from the drug store..

Will be back later.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. yesterday was a Laze easy day, Just relaxing. may try the same today. we are Planning on in a few days loading the R V up again and heading west through part of Kansas and turn south through Texas and go to Las curs N M. where we lived when I was in the army, and go to church at the little church where we did then. and see if some of the native's that were young then are still there now but old like we are now. Hope you all have a great day and a better day tomorrow.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 56°. good weather for sleeping and that  must be why I had trouble sleeping a few weeks. Even with the AC and fans it was not  cool enough for me. After a few days of the high in the 70's the guessers say we are in for a touch of summer. Well if isn't autumn yet. I have noticed the swamp maples in the back of the parking lot getting a tinge of color at the tops. They get a deep red color when fully in their beautiful autumn glory. I look at them every morning when I pull the shades up and can see the color gradually go from the top to the bottom.

CAROL  the first back orthopedic doctor I saw asked me how long I had spinal stenosis, didn't even know what  that was. After that arthritis set in, I can sympathize with Don. Always trying to find something to ease the pain.

AMY  I always loved it when my Mom had left over piecrust and rolled it with sugar and cinnamon, that was a treat. I did that, too young, they asked me once to add chopped nuts . so did that all the time after that.

JANE  never "hit the hay" but hit the feathers. My mom had a feather mattress and getting into bed you just sank into it, so soft and comfy.

AMY  to me sleeping late is sleeping till 9:am.

JENNY  hope you had a restful sleep.

LLOYD great that you are planning another trip. Now you have the RV might as well use it.

Have a good day.

phyllis

I'm up but won't be atem for awhile yet.

Cloudy morning and warm and muggy.  I must go to the grocery store today.  Pantry is looking empty.

Amy, that head exercise sounds like one that my ENT doctor told me to do.  I was good about doing them for awhile but got lazy.  They didn't always help but sometimes they did.  Thanks for reminding me about them.  I'm sorry you have to fight this miserable vertigo, too. I had a full day yesterday with no dizziness so I'm feeling a little encouraged.  (fingers crossed)

Made some more hard boiled eggs in the IP yesterday so we can have Egg Salad Sandwiches for lunch today.

Gloria, 56 deg. sounds wonderful to me.  No wonder you slept good.

Take care, All.

phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.  I am just marking my place for now.

Too early for anything to have happened yet.  I have had my breakfast and taken most of my meds,  I try to space them out over the day,  Hate having to take so many pills now. 

I will get back later  Have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  This will be short because the doggies are asking for their "after breakfast walk" and I told them "just a minute".  That means that whenever I change position it will be time for their walk.

GLORIA, we need a spell of warm weather, then a frost and then Indian Summer, my favorite season!  But you cannot have Indian Summer before you have a good frost. 

AMY, what kind of dogs do you have that let you sleep in.  I told someone recently that I don't need an alarm clock because the dogs are set for "EARLY". 

Now ANNIE is saying that she really has to go so I better go.  Have a great day Everyfriend.

JaneS

I want to thank all of you for my week's entertainment.  Now would you please put something in my head that will knock out "Little Sir Echo"?

And where's Roley?

Marilyne

JaneS - Here's one from the same era, that will keep you singing for another week!  I love these oldies!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffk_uEwSng

Mary Ann

Amy, that's a good one to sing.  Kay Kyser was one of my favorites with Ginny Simms and Harry Babbitt.  And Ish Kabible with the Three Little Fishes!

Nostalgia strikes again.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Amy

Jimmy Dean