Random Image

James

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Both dogs look to be in great shape.... and I can't tell which is Babe! You sure keep a clean house, not a single dust bunny in sight & the feet of that stove glisten!  I need to have your ambition rub off on me.  :-[  I really want a dog....... :'(     Mary Ann, you snuck in, since Tom & Tiger are brother & sister & do not even slightly resemble each other, my thoughts about Babe & Jesse looking alike are same as yours.

Thanks to all for the comments about the flood of 2019, guess it was over in the Soda Shoppe that Callie asked if that was the "R-Kansas" River.... sure is!  Not much of a river during normal times (back in MO we would call it a creek). I cross the river 5 times going to Colorado and my son's favorite campground has a sign saying "This is the start of the Arkansas River"..... Right along the Continental Divide.

Shirley

Am I just whistling in the wind or anyone out there?  I sent an e-mail to Jack but didn't get a reply. Has anyone heard from him at all in the last week or so?  We've exchanged messages for years so I worry about him & Mimi.  I think it would break his heart to lose Mimi, but chances are he just isn't getting on the computer because he isn't taking photos to share.

It is another cloudy & rainy/stormy day in Kansas and predictions for the same for days to come. This is not weather we are used to in Kansas. Will check in after my brain wakes up, I only had 3+ hours sleep when I first got up so went back to bed & got 3 more. Need to move around while it isn't pouring rain. Stay safe, everyone!

Amy

Shirley, I got an email from Jack yesterday. Maybe he is away from his computer at the moment.Babe is the one closest to the stove , she is going on 8 yrs. Oh there are dust bunnies galore now that both dogs are shedding..dear me a constant battle to herd them up!!

Mary-Ann, thank you.They both get along great now. Just wish he wouldn't insist on digging to China!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Beverly

Ray Franz, long-time member of SeniorNet and Seniors and Friends, passed away at the age of 98.

Beverly

I also learned that Ray Franz' son, Lynn, passed away in July 2018. Some of you may have known this already. I took these photos when I met Ray and Lynn at one of the SeniorNet Bashes.

Shirley

I am so sorry to hear that both of them are gone, Beverly, but thanks for letting us know. I had such a good time visiting with both of them.... Lynn because we were both railroad fans and Ray just because... always had something to talk about. Both of them such loving people with their families, I feel bad we didn't know at the time. When Cas died it meant so much to know how many friends in here sent sympathy & prayers. I thought of them often and wondered how they were. Lynn was such a wonderful photographer. Thanks for posting the photos.

Joy

Shirley, I keep in touch with Jack.  I had written him a message last week to let him know that Pat Scott had passed away,  I don't remember if he had already heard it or not, but he did say that he used to be in touch with her husband, Paul, and that he had spent a couple nights with him, when he was in Virginia one time. So, I think he is doing well. He just is not interested in coming back to the group.  When I get in touch with him again, I will tell him that you tried and didn't get any answer. He is usually pretty prompt getting back to me.  Maybe you had the wrong e-mail address ??????

Joy
BIG BOX

Beverly

Shirley - I should have mentioned that Ray passed away this morning (May 25). His grandson posted a short tribute on Facebook. Lynn posted some great photos around Lynchburg.

I also miss Jack's postings and pictures of Mimi. I wonder if he's able to get to Oglesby. Their Spring flowers should be blooming now.

Shirley

Joy, I had a call from my brother one time, he complained that he hadn't had e-mail from me for quite a while & was worried. Since I'd been sending to him regularly, I suggested he check his SPAM folder & sure enough... he'd put me in spam & didn't realize it~! My fav grocery store is in spam, it's in the Cox mailbox, and I can't figure how to get it out. I know how to do it with Yahoo but not Cox!  So I have to check spam every day. He always answered promptly so I really was concerned that either he or Mimi might have health issues he didn't want to talk about. I do miss seeing his photos, especially the walks with the flowers & of course, everyone's favorite, Mimi. I did send him another message after reading your post last night (or was that the wee hours this morning?)... but no answer again. We e-mailed quite a bit about our cameras & of course, the photos, unless he changed his e-mail address recently, I have the one he always used.

Beverly, I don't do Facebook because I have too many grands using it & don't want to know everything they are doing.  ::)  I think about it & decided it isn't worth the stress to see the photos they post. My daughter & son with the great grands will "snag" photos of the kids to send me & that's good enough for me. I'm assuming that Ray's widow is still alive? Also Lynn's widow.... do you leave messages on their Facebook?  If so, please tell them that Kansas mourns for them. They seemed like such a caring family.

We just had a "severe T-Storm" go through Wichita again. People that lived in Kansas all their lives say this is the longest stretch of rain they have ever seen.... I've lived in KS since 1960 & never saw anything like it & no end in sight.  The cats are so bored being inside all the time that Callie quit laying in her bed by the sliding door & for 2 days been laying in their toy box, on top of the lumpy toys! Poor Tommy is terrified of storms & follows me around to lay at my feet. Tiger rebels & will sit out under a round table in the pool area & watch it rain. 

so_P_bubble

Shirley

Thank you, Bubble (and Beverly).... I have missed both Lynn & Ray and wondered how they were doing. I think of Lynn with his love of trains & the old buildings with signs painted on them, as well as their Christmas decorations and so many birthday cakes for Ray! Sad to know they are gone but great memories of both.

Rain during the night and more on the way. I almost feel guilty doing a load of laundry, I can hear my drains yelling "no more room to pump the water out!!!" This is crazy weather for Kansas, would even appreciate a dust storm about now!

Tiger showed up at my door but Tom & Callie are still in their hidey hole, where ever that is. They come home dry and hungry and glad to fall asleep in their favorite spots for the day. I need to get moving, a bite to eat for me & take my aspirin before going to church. When I open the door to whistle for them the cardinal that has it's nest in the tree near by is singing it's heart out. Still dark but they are ready for the day. Tiger already ate her breakfast & tuna & salmon still waiting for Tom & Callie (on the cabinet), their favorite meal is salmon but I'm trying to get them switched to tuna. If they don't finish off the tuna Tiger will clean it up after they walk away. None of them go hungry!  ::)

Amy

Shirley, I received an email from Jack on May 23...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

SCFSue

I've had an e-mail from Jack, too.  He is still taking Mimi to the park, but not much else.  We've been friends for many years--as we are both West Virginia natives.  I tried to get to WVa to visit my sister who still lived there (they moved to Florida about 10 years ago) and Jack would bring his dog and I always had mine in my car out to the freeway where we could picnic and chat for a while until I needed to get on the road to my sister's home.  He seems to be doing well physically, so I think he'd love to hear from any of you who know him.

Sue

Sandy

Good Morning from the
rocky coast of Maine.   

I have been missing Jacks posts now
for a long while and have been
wondering what happened to make him
leave... 

I so enjoyed seeing him and his
dogs for many years...   

I wish that he would come back. 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

I sent Jack a note after he left S&F but never heard from him.  I am also a WVa native, however, we left there when I was 1 1/2 years old, so I really am a Michigander. 

I always enjoyed his pictures and miss the pictures of Oglebay. 

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
...now what can I say, these two photos just brim with LOVE.. :smitten:
" There is no present like the time "

Shirley

What joyful photos, Bubble! How could anyone not be grinning from ear to ear seeing them?! What color are Illy's eyes? They look lighter than Aviv's. My youngest son has hazel eyes (older 2 have black with only a hint of brown in theirs). Like the sepia best, I think... My professional photographer brother enjoyed working with black & white for detail, before digital cameras, but the sepia makes them look "antique".  Aviv looks more like you than Illy, is that true in "real" life?  She is a very pretty girl, much younger than my kids. Mine were born in 1956, '60 & '63 (easier than counting the years!) Thanks for posting.

so_P_bubble

You are very observant Shirley.  You are right, Illy's eyes are hazel with a hint of green.  I  think Aviv is nothing like me, maybe as stubborn  lol!
But he is outgoing like his mother and not shy at accosting strangers and start talking to them.

RAMMEL

Shirley - is this better?  In Sepia.gif
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

RAMMEL

Bubble, hope it was OK to do that  :-\
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Looks good to me, Rick!  Somehow sepia is warmer (of course it is)...  their skin glows. Such a happy picture, makes you want to hug them, doesn't it?  How have you been lately, Rick? Don't see much of you where I hang out (Photos & Soda Shoppe).

Beverly, the photos of Ray & Lynn are so good, thanks again for posting them. Funny how one thought leads to another and our mind pulls in a memory we haven't thought about for a long time. Special things we knew about people that have been gone for quite a while, what characters they were or how much we learned from them. Maybe next year we should work on having a memorial page with photos of Friends that are gone, post photos we've saved. You think?  I'm not sure what I have saved since my old computers are long gone. I used to put photos on CDs but quit, now the laptops are coming out with out CD drives.

so_P_bubble

Start looking for old photos, Shirley, it is a great idea!

angelface555

Bubble such wonderful photos that show the
fun and love between mother and son! Thank you for posting these!

donklan

Photo-Bomber at DULUTH tonight

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

Joy

Sandy, I do keep in touch with Jack, from W.Va.  I don't think anything happened.. He just felt  the photo board wasn't that active anymore and seemed to him, not that many people participated anymore.  He  seems to be well and doing ok.  But, he said he won't be coming back.  And, yes, he still takes his frequent daily trips to Oglevay with his Mimi.

I have mentioned it to him,  that so many really miss him and his wonderful pictures. 

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

:( He is too stubborn!   :'(   I too miss the photos.
Maybe I should follow his example and stop posting in PaintShop as so few drop  there or post? Mmmm... I am considering.

MarsGal

Lovely, happy photos, Bubble.

SeniorLearn is having a similar problem with lack of participation. We seem to be down to so very few that everyone mostly posts in the main Library discussion, only occasionally in another (the exception, of course, is the Latin language program). One of our members is having eye problems exacerbated by allergies, PatH is not posting as often probably because she recovering from her knee surgery and is in Portland, OR at the moment where she has family and where she is closer to her sister JoanK in CA. I miss both of them.

Vanilla-Jackie

Joy...
...yours was a similar message I received from Jack wv... " Jackie I still look in on occasion but do not post and do not intend to enter again to do so."

and..." My  walks are shorter and few photos, but fortunate to get out every day weather permitting."

I wish he would rethink and do a u-turn, change his mind...
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

I too miss JoanK and PatH. They  used to be active in the Classical Corner (which is moribond too  :'(   ).
I suppose many deal with health problems.