Random Image

carshowtruck.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Windows-10

Started by RAMMEL, March 29, 2016, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackwv

shirleyn and Sandy pleased it worked.   I did not like putting in the password, and am the only one handling my machine.   I am careful with what I leave on it, and not concerned that someone looks in.

shirleyn

JeanneP

Jack. Are you putt all these tip and sights that you find into the "How To's" that way when the rest of us get to using the w10 we will not have to keep asking again.

I alway enjoyed having that forum. Learned a lot from it.
JeanneP

jackwv

JeanneP  so much depends on the operating system.   I will sometimes look up a question and pose it in YouTube, they often have several tutorials on a given subject.    I had discussed JeanneLees fine how to's that are now lost.  Know she is having health issues, but she said one day she may get back with Pat on several.   

Once I get a problem solved I delete the links.   On occasion I keep a link in favorites, but none at present.

JeanneP

Jack. Yet that is good that you will post a link. Along with the others . But I remember we use to have about 4 people who were really good on computers. Dave being one of them. Usually then they were put into  TIPs. All together so we and beginners could just learn from it. Sort of like having a Manual. We use to do that in the Cooking one. Sort of had a Recipe book after a while.  Think we still have that someplace. I am sure that Jeanne and Pat do not have the help we had back then.  I try to remember to print out any I think I will need.. Got a old pad here going back to W95. I then bought the Books for Dummies for 98Se and Wxp  Need to clear out all these books on those and all the works , Idiot and Word Wish I had used them more over the years and learned more.  Now I learn one thing and forget another. Don't retain like I use to.
JeanneP

angelface555

donklan

Anyone else notice how slow the recommended Windows 10 Photos App loads?
Any suggestions or solutions?

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

jackwv

Don mine has no delay.   Suggest going to the microsoft store type in Microsoft Photos.   When the app comes up click the Get the app button.  It may update or should take you to your photos.   I use it almost daily and like the editing features.

donklan

Clicked on app installed by WIN 10, took 57 seconds to bring up first photo.

App store says 'already installed', so not sure if I can delete it and reinstall. Will investigate.

donklan

Thanks for the link, Jack.  Apparently there are a lot of avenues to pursue.
I'll check some of them out.

wjoan

My new computer just got set up todaY.  iT HAS wIN 10 SO i MAY RETURn , just to let you know.  Sorry about the caps.

June Drabek

Why can I read and post in all these other forums and am not allowed to use The Soda Shoppe any longer. I am locked out completely. I have been with you all since about 1997, and this just started after our beloved Bubble took over the Soda Shoppe. I just cannot understand what is going on. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Jeanne Lee

June, are you sure you're trying to enter the Soda Shoppe through the title for  October 15, which is open and current,  and not Septeber 24 which is locked? 

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

June Drabek

Jeanne, I may at one time come in on the wrong date, but this all started when our Bubble took over for you. And I don't know why it was just the Soda Shoppe. However, yesterday and today seem to be allowing me to post easily. Dan did some changes by phone, and he and his wife Nancy will be visiting the first part of Nov. so he can do "hands on" things then.Today has been real treat..two posts on Soda Shoppe posted right away.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

angelface555

Windows Update Leaves Customers with Blue Screen of Death (BSoD)
Microsoft released a Windows update on October 10, 2017 for their Windows 10 operating system (OS).  Updates are conducted with the purpose of enhancing the OS.  These changes may be for security purposes and/or performance.  However, this update created more issues for users than enhancements.  The update for Windows 10 version 1703 (KB4041676) and version 1607 (KB4041691), and Windows Server 2016 (KB4041691) for WSUS/SCCM managed devices left users with a BSoD after rebooting their computers, leaving pending reboot issues. 

For those who have experienced issues, PC Matic encourages users to do the following:

Uninstall SuperShield
Access the Windows Trouble Shooter tool
Update the operating system
Restart the device
Reinstall SuperShield
If issues persist, or if users need assistance with the uninstallation and reinstallation of SuperShield, they may reach our support team at www.pcmatic.com/help.

If you’re not a PC Matic subscriber, follow these steps to fix the BSoD issues triggered by the Windows 10 update:

Access the Windows Trouble Shooter tool
Update the operating system
Restart the device

Jeanne Lee

If someone has suffered the BSOD how can they access the article to read about the solution, and how can they perform the actions suggested for correction?  It has always been my understanding that the BSOD prevents any access to or use of the computer.

jackwv

Jeanne Lee, I continue to get regular updates and have not had the problem.  My first reaction would be to reboot.  As for your question, you might go to, say safari, on your phone or pad and get other recommended steps.  Unable to remember steps I have done that at times with the iPad at my side.

Jeanne Lee

No smart phone (voice only), no ipad, no other device...  Then what?  Strictly rhetorical question, since I don't have Windows  10.   :D  It just seemed strange that to get instructions for reviving a dead appliance you  would need to use that dead appliance.    :idiot2: 

Don't mind me.  I just like to shake things up sometimes. 

wjoan

Hey Jeanne, anyone ever tell you that you were a little devil?   ::)

Jeanne Lee

wjoan

angelface555

I think they are either first rebooting on their own. I would probably have turned off the computer, unplugged it and waited for ten seconds and then replugged and tried again. Then I would have used my other computer or my Kindle.

These instructions are geared in my opinion more to those who have yet to get one or more of these updates. So they are prepared if it happens to them.

RAMMEL

W-10 seems to have more problems with updates than past versions.  Is this the future?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

angelface555

I think it is more our perceeptions in that we are geared to expecting various new browsers appearing after a certain period of time. They have said W10 will be it with only updates, no new browsers.

jane

I'm new to Win 10 on a new Lenovo laptop, but no problems with BSOD. 

I, too, am not clear how I'd get to anything on the laptop if it was showing the BSOD.

I guess I'd pack it up and take it back to Best Buy Geek guys since it's still under warranty.

Jane

RAMMEL

I intend to update a win-xp computer to Win-10.  Hopefully it will update OK.
Assuming it does, is there any advice from you current users?  Things to avoid, things to use, things to do -.
What browser is best (in your opinion).

Feel free to email me if that's better  (that is good for me)
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jackwv

Rick no suggestions from me.  I was fortunate to have the upgrade from 7 and had no problems.  They appear to push Edge, but I stick with Windows Explorer 11.    Would suggest you save all your files to external drive prior to the update.

so_P_bubble

I use Firefox or Chrome, depending on where I go.  Some places (for PaintShop) don't respond so well with Firefox.

jane

I bought a new laptop with Win10 and didn’t see much difference from Win 8 with classic startup.  I’ve gotten used to the tiles. 

I use Edge, Chrome and Firefox ...depending mostly on my mood.  Win10 pushes Edge and it’s ok. 

Finding where things were saved was my biggest problem at first.  I’ve used the search window a lot.

Jane