Random Image

autumn in NH

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottoncandy

Don't know how to fix it. Not seeing any new post. Just 1 and 2. Darlene

Cottoncandy

When I post. Goes to day 1??????Darlene

Jaywalker

I already have that marked for viewing this evening..... I STILL miss Downton Abbey.
Jane, on Oregon's south coast
Click for Coos_Bay, Oregon Forecast

Marilyn

Church was great this morning Pastor discussed the church at Laodicia. We've been going through the churches in Revelation.
I just got back from a walk with freckles, it sure looks like it is going to start raining again pretty soon. Supposed to rain today anyway,

jane

Darlene...your posts are fine and right here on the page of new posts.

Use the "Show new replies to your posts ". At the top left to be taken to the first new post since you were here last.

Jane

Jaywalker

you can also change that in your profile, Darlene.... go to Modify Profile, then Look and Layout ... there is a place there to check your preferences.

I had a sweet surprise this afternoon.  I got a phone call from my granddaughter's number but when I answered it was my 4 year old great granddaughter wishing me a happy birthday.  When I said Thank you, Karmen, she responded with "You're so welcome"  good manners.

Molly

Hello Friends - I'm finally here and it sure is a pleasure to be able to join the group again.  Really missed not being able to access this site (and others I also enjoyed).

Mohamed called this afternoon to check in and let me know that he was in the process of preparing to move to his new apartment near his University in Egypt, replacing one of his tires on the older car he owns and enjoying his new Mitsubishi Lancer car.  Busy fellow as the semester soon ends and he'll be grading several hundred student papers.

My son ("Chaps") is preparing for his deployment to Korea next month for one year.  He'll be traveling alone as his wife just was granted a new job at the University where my Granddaughter is in her first year.  Lots of family prayers and a final decision for Chaps to complete this tour alone.  I'm sure the family will travel to visit with him there sometime later in the year.

I'm still dealing with intense head and eye pains first thing in the morning when I awake and later in the evening right before bed-time.  My Medical folks simply cannot determine what is causing those continued pains.  Sure restricts my activities and I especially miss attending Church.

Hope all have had a good weekend!

Molly

maryz

Molly, good to see you back.  I'm sure it'll be good for Mohamed to be closer to the University.  It'll be tough for all of his family to have Chaps gone for a year, but I know you'll deal with it.

Happy Birthday, JaneW!!!

Marilyn, it sounds like you're feeling better - always good news.

jane, and you, too.  Glad Ray didn't get "it".

Super quiet around here - just got my laundry done this morning.  And then a really good nap this afternoon.  Tough stuff.  Oh, well - Mondays are usually my busy day, so let's just say I'm resting up.  LOL

Hope your upcoming weeks are good ones, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

HI Buddies!  I'M BACK!  At last!  I finally got my password changed and was able to get in this evening.  The past several days have been busy with little things, but I'm hoping that is over.  I think I'll take a few days to find the other topics I visit.  I have to go to the dentist tomorrow afternoon (down in Union Springs) to have the broken tooth pulled.  I don't want him to fill it again as I don't think it will last.  He'd just filled it the last time I was down there.  It's the last molar on my left side and I don't think I'll miss it.  I'm just not up for another crown.  My kids should get my back teeth removed before they cremate me--I have a lot of fillings in molars with gold in them!

It sounds like everyone is doing well--and I'm glad to see so many of you here.  Tim and Kris are away somewhere for the weekend.  I've been visiting friends in the hospital.  Charlie's aunt Era Claire fell and broke an ankle and is in the rehab unit at the hospital.  My church/bridge friend Olyne, had knee surgery last Wednesday and was moved to the SNIF unit (which is primarily rehab on Saturday).  I'd visited her on Friday and she was hoping to move the next day.  Friend Terri is home after her stroke and 2 weeks in the SNIF unit.  I took her a couple of casseroles from the Village Cookery when she came home last week.  She called tonight to chat.  She won't be able to drive for a while, but will see Dr. Abrams, her primary care Physician early this next week.  Her daughter lives nearby and took her to Mass this weekend.

I had a bit of a problem getting back in here--just didn't have time to do it, but made time this evening.  I'm glad to see so many of you here.

I'll be busy in the morning and on the way to U.S. for the tooth removal and then back again sometime next week for my semi-annual cleaning. 

last night I attended the annual party of the Auburn Arts Association.  They had lots of yummy hors d'oevres (Sharon can correct my French) as well as tables for putting bids on items one might like to purchase.  I put bids on several items and actually got one of them--I left before they gave these out, but friends from church brought it to me this morning.  It is a canvas handbag, locally made, shoulder bag with a Dog applique, which I will give to Kris as it looks like something she might use.  If not Tim can probably sell it at one of his sales.

I spent most of yesterday giving my bedroom an intense cleaning.  It looks so neat and clean, I hardly recognize it.  My next project is cleaning the den where I spend most of my evenings to the same intense cleaning.  Hopefully I'll work up the energy to get it done probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm so glad to see many of you back. 
Sue

maryz

Hooray!  Sue's made it back. 
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Jaywalker

Thank you, MaryZ... I enjoyed my day quietly at home ... pizza and a bottle of wine and peace and quiet!

MaryPage

OH, HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, DEAR JANE!

When I went to bed Saturday night, my wifi was all working just fine.  When I got up Sunday morning, I could not get my email or go on line with either my PC or my iPad.  Suffered all day and into the night.  Chip, of course, was away for the weekend.  So he got home in the wee hours, and woke this morning to find he did not have wifi, either.  Guess what?  The modem died.  How it managed to do that in the middle of the night on a weekend with Chip not here, I have no idea.  Sometimes I really believe in Gremlins!

So Chip took the old modem to Comcast this morning and got a new one and all is fixed and here I am.  Fortunately, the local Comcast office is about 5 minutes from us.

Sue, I am sorry I was disabled and could not communicate with you to help you out with getting in here, but obviously you managed perfectly well without me.

The weather cannot quite make up its mind.  Nevertheless, coolish though it is at the moment, we have one of the most gorgeous and long lasting springs I have ever enjoyed going on outside.  We have a large cherry blossom tree (no cherries) just outside our front door, and it fills me with so much Joy.

Yes, I watched Call The Midwife last night.  Excellent, as always.  I loved Sister Monica Joan being one of the girls.  Judy Parfitt has always been such a great actress.

I also watched Grantchester on Masterpiece Mysteries.  That is a huge favorite of mine.  Not only is James Norton, who plays the Vicar of what is actually a real church in a real place, a hunk, but the stories are marvelous.  The author, James Runcie, is the son of a former Archbishop of Canterbury, so he knows the background well.  I have all of his Grantchester books, but of course they change the stories a lot for filming.

Love and hugs to all my dear Buddies from MaryPage

Jeanne Lee

I watched both Call the Midwife and Grantchester - and before them Home Fires.  I had an unusually extended TV night - and all on Public TV!

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Marilyn

good morning Buddies,  I still have the cold, blowing a lot of junk out of my n osxe and coughing up a storm. My right ear is now involved a lot of the time. Then it will p;op and I can hear again. 

I am doing some laundry this morning not much as I did a couple of loads during the week. I have to take a package  for Gilbert to the post office this morning and stop at the health food store for mustard seeds (I make my own  spicy mustard) and a few other things. I did go to Grocery Outlet yesterday to get organic veggies.  I had a great conversation with forest last night it was his 16th birthday, they sure grow up fast don't they. He is Gilbert's son.

Well I better get bisy the sheets are ready to go in the dryer and the dog blankets to come out of the dryer. Busy busy.

MaryPage

I contribute once a year to two of our three Public Television channels, and therefore get their free scheduling magazines monthly.  I sit down with these when they arrive, and mark up what I want to watch in the coming month.  Then I put them on both my WORD OFFICE calendar and on my day-by-day office type calendar. 

Tonight?  Tonight the only thing good is on only our WETA UK channel, IMHO.  That will be Midsomer Murders Series TEN at nine o'clock P.M.

But we have to take into account that every PBS channel is an entity separate from every other, excepting the offshoots these now have.  WETA UK is an offshoot of WETA.  WETA is our channel 26, while WETA UK is channel 265.  I tell you what, at my advanced age if I do not write it all down, I would miss most of the good stuff.

Our WMPT (Maryland Public Televison) also has some offshoots.  I watch a lot of MPT2, which runs a lot of the shows I have to miss for one reason or another.  It is channel number 268 here.

jane

Happy Belated Birthday, JaneW!

Welcome back, Molly and Sue!

I hope GinnyAnn and Diane can join us again soon.

Like Marilyn, I'm still battling this darn cold.

Ray is the TV watcher here, and he's a big PBS fan, and we, too, send $$ for Public Radio and Public TV. 

Taking life slow here, but need to tend to the laundry.

Jane

SharonE

I taped The Midwives and will watch it this evening. I watched a couple of Hallmark movies last night.  About the only thing on tonight is Antique Roadshow and some HGTV shows.

I finished my laundry yesterday. I've picked up doggy do in the yard this morning and also put on a pot of beans for a ham and bean soup for dinner.

I need to see if I can get Bunny brushed a bit without stressing her out.  I've called the groomer to see if she can trim her face and clip her toenails for me. Since she seems to be hanging in there and not getting any worse, I've decided she has to have a little maintenance even though she hates it.

No other plans today. I get my double whammy shot tomorrow.  Wish me luck.

Sue, glad to see you back in. Bummer on the tooth. I've never had any pulled except for wisdom teeth.  Not fun though.

Mary Page, isn't it Murphy's Law that if something goes on the fritz it is at the worst possible time!  Glad you're up and running again.

Jane & Marilyn, I hope you get over your colds soon. They sound miserable.

Hi to Jeanne, Joy, Darlene, Mary, Jane W, and whoever else I've missed.  Sharon

Jaywalker

Thank you for the birthday wishes, jane ...

MaryPage

About Murphy's law, Sharon, I have always thought it was that if anything can go wrong, it will!

And all of my life has been ruled by that very law!

Do you get a daily newspaper?  I ask because if you do, and if it carries a health advice column called ASK DOCTOR K and written by Anthony L. Komaroff, M.D., today's column is all about epidural injections for Sciatica.  Funny, they did not so much as once refer to them that way when I went three times to one of those in and out surgical centers to have them.  They always, without fail, called them surgical procedures.  My guess would be that surgical procedures trump injections in the money earning department!

Cynic?  Who, me?  I'm looking around to see if you could possibly be speaking of someone else.

Doctor K's column appears on the same page in our newspaper every day, along with Ask Abby and Your Horoscope and the comics.

JeanneP

All our Avitar seem to be coming in very Small.  wonder why.
JeanneP

Molly

JANE - Many thanks for your "Welcome Back."  When I talked with Mohamed today and explained that this site had undergone extensive renewal, he asked "do our Friends remember me?  Did they inquire about me?"  I really had to smile at those two questions.  My reply to him was "Thanks for asking about ME!  I'm fine."  He has been so enormously busy relocating from one long-time apartment to a brand new one that when he calls I know he has finished teaching University classes for the day and is taking a quick rest.

Thanks to all who contributed to setting up this site for all Friends to be able to use again.  I truly missed it and was delighted when it came back on the screen.  If the Ladies who re-set it for all of us were nearby, I'd be happy to share my Chocolate ice cream!

Molly

SCFSue

Hi Buddies,  my trip to the dentist was not as bad as I feared.  He decided I shouldn't have the tooth pulled and managed to fill it.  To I guess that's a good thing.  I made an appointment for a cleaning/check up next week, so I'll have all that over for another 6 months.

This morning I ran errands, went to the bank, and picked up my rugs for my bedroom and den.  I took them to the Washateria on Saturday as they have big washers and dryers.  I was happy to get it done.  When I wash the 2 smaller ones at home, I need to do one at a time in the washing machine with a towel and my dryer just takes too long to dry them.  When the contractor renovated Anna's house after she moved, he took down her circular clothes line which I used whenever I washed something that needed fresh air drying.

I'm glad to be back.  Tomorrow morning I have a circle meeting down in the country, so I need to get to bed now.  I'm meeting other friends at the church.  We'll divvy up the driving and I'll probably take 2 or 3 with me.

Sleep well, Buddies.
Sue

jane

Sue....glad you could skip having a tooth pulled.

I need to get going...stayed up to the end of the men's BB final last night.  Great game and I was glad to see Villanova win at the buzzer.  They hadn't won a title since 1985.  I like seeing other than the top 3 or 4 trade the title around and somebody else take it.

Jane

SharonE

My cleaning girl has been here this morningj. Almost done. I took Bunny to the groomer who will give her extra special attention, and I have my dr's appt at 2:00 for my shots.  Will pick Bunny up on the way home from that.

Mary Page, I don't have Dr K's column in the Charlotte Observer. I guess they didn't take his franchise.  I would have liked to read it though.  I did watch The Midwives last night. Realized later that the deformed baby must have been the result of Thalidimide. That was so very sad.

Sue, glad you didn't have to get an extraction.

Jane, John said the game last night was one of the best final NCAA games he had ever seen.  Lots of blue Tarheels around here though.

I have to go get some lunch.  Later.  Hi to all. Sharon

Marilyn

I have been to Coos bay Head start this morning with Freckles, This was the last school on our schedule.

I have a loaf of bread rising prior to baking, when I get it in the oven I will have 35 minutes to take Freckles for a walk.

The date is set for May 22, Gilbert and his family will be coming not sure about Keiths sons yet. One  responded and said he would try to take out that weekend so he and his family could be here. He is the one who is a Doctor.

Cottoncandy

Hooray..Jane did what Mike said...seems to have  fixed it.....thanks a lot..Darlene

SCFSue

Hi Buddies.  I worked at the office this morning as I couldn't get a sub.  Tuesday is staff meeting day for all the employees and someone must be there to take messages.  It's very difficult to find volunteers for Mon, Tues, and sometimes Wed as many of our senior citizen members are members of OLLI (Osher Life Long Learning--and I don't know what the I is for) and take classes on those mornings.  Seniors are almost all of our phone volunteers--some are wonderful.  I have 10 who come the same morning every month unless ill or out of town.  But that leaves at least 20+ who must be begged by phone!

It's much cooler here today but very sunny.  I didn't get a morning walk because of the office duty and some errands I had to finish.  I'm thinking of a little nap, so might not get one until after my supper about 5:00.  I like the time change as it stays light longer than it did.

I hope you're all having a really nice day.  Marilyn, HURRAY for setting the date.  I hope it's a wonderful weather day and that Keith's sons show up.  I know you are proud of Gilbert and his family for making plans to come.

Jane, I was happy that Villanova won, also.  It was a really good game and quite close with a fantastic finish!

Sharon, I hope the shots go well and that Bunny feels better when you pick her up.  Hurray for the Cleaning Lady!

I think Mary is about to complete her paper work.  I hope she'll be able to get here later.

Hi to MaryPage, and to all our Buddies who've not made it back here.  I hope they find us soon.

Darlene, you were posting while I was writing.  I'm glad you got your problem fixed and are here now!

Sue

MaryPage

Dum dum da dum
Dum dum da dum
Dum dum da dum dum dum
Dum dum da dum!

maryz

Marilyn, we're looking forward to being "there" for you, too.  And now we can "save the date".

I finally got back to Silver Sneakers this morning - I've missed about two weeks, with various appointments.  I've been contacted by the truck's insurance company, and will be taking my car in for an estimate on Thursday morning - glad to get that under way.  We're having another gorgeous day today.  It's supposed to be very cold over the weekend, with probable frosts Friday and Saturday nights.  Folks are getting really eager to get their vegetables planted, but they'd better wait.  This is a very quiet week, though - and I'm enjoying it.

Sharon, I hope the shots work and take effect quickly. 

jane

Long day at the Medical offices.  Ray's stress test, and echocardiogram and then the Nurse there didn't like the looks of his leg with the stitches, so she got him in to see his internal med doc and we go back Friday for him to take a look then. 

It's cold, wet, and windy here and just not a nice day to be out. So, since Ray's to keep the leg elevated several times a day, we're in for the day, will skip yoga today, and just lounge about.   :thumbup:

jane