Random Image

Fe with butterfly

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of June 12

Started by JoanFL, June 12, 2016, 04:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend.  There's a crockpot breakfast to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely “Still Life With Tea” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

The Old Couple at McDonald's

The little old couple walked slowly into McDonald's that cold winter evening. They looked out of place amid the young families and young couples eating there that night. Some of the customers looked admiringly at them.

You could tell what the admirers were thinking: "Look, there is a couple who has been through a lot together, probably for 60 years or more!"

The little old man walked right up to the cash register, placed his order with no hesitation and then paid for their meal. The couple took a table near the back wall and started taking food off of the tray. There was one hamburger, one order of french fries and one drink.

The little old man unwrapped the plain hamburger and carefully cut it in half. He placed one half in front of his wife. Then he carefully counted out the french fries, divided them in two piles and neatly placed one pile in front of his wife. He took a sip of the drink, his wife took a sip and then set the cup down between them.

As the man began to eat his few bites of hamburger, the crowd began to get restless. Again you could tell what they were thinking: "That poor old couple. All they can afford is one meal for the two of them." As the man began to eat his french fries one young man stood and came over to the old couple's table. He politely offered to buy another meal for the old couple to eat. The old man replied that they were just fine. They were used to sharing everything.

Then the crowd noticed that the little old lady hadn't eaten a bite. She just sat there watching her husband eat and occasionally taking turns sipping the drink. Again the young man came over and begged them to let him buy them something to eat. The man again explained that no, they were used to sharing everything together.

As the little old man finished eating and was wiping his face neatly with a napkin, the young man could stand it no longer. Again he came over to their table and offered to buy some food. After being politely refused again, he finally asked a question of the little old lady: "Ma'am, why aren't you eating? You said that you share everything. What is it that you are waiting for?"

She answered, "The teeth."

Food For Thought

We Don't Cry Alone
(By Steven Curtis Chapman)

This past Saturday, May 21st we gathered as family and friends at the place where we laid the "shell" of our little girl Maria 8 years ago. Every year we gather there to remember...we remember the little girl who's eyes disappeared when she smiled and who has changed our lives forever, we remember the pain and sadness of losing her (not that we ever forget), and most importantly we remember the Hope that we have in the promises of God that the story isn't over yet...the Hope that has kept us breathing and moving forward these past 8 years.

This year we read together the story of Lazarus in John 11. As we read there was a phrase that I hadn't really noticed before. When Jesus saw Lazarus sister Mary weeping, John says he was deeply moved in his spirit and "greatly troubled". Then it goes on to paint a picture of Jesus that has been a great comfort and encouragement to me these last several years...the picture of Jesus standing with a grieving family at the grave of a friend with tears running down his cheeks...Jesus is weeping. I know there are plenty of "theological discussions" about what was behind those tears in Jesus eyes, but what struck me most this time were the two words "greatly troubled". The thought that Jesus was and is deeply moved and greatly troubled at our sorrow and sadness, even when he knows, in this case, that he is getting ready to raise Lazarus from the dead and turn this funeral into a wild celebration, is something incredibly comforting to me. He didn't scold Mary for her sadness or preach a sermon to her...his heart broke and he wept with her...just like he does with us. He doesn't leave us alone in our grief and our sadness...he weeps with those who weep. My family and I needed to be reminded of that that this past Saturday...maybe you need to be reminded too.

And then I needed to remember the next part of the story...again.

He walked to the grave where Lazarus was buried and proceeded to show that he has the last word over death! He proved what he said was true: "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die."

He raised Lazarus from the dead...and turned their mourning into dancing!

So the Chapmans begin our 9th year of moving forward to that great day when Jesus will wipe every tear from our eyes...and I'll get to dance again with my Cinderella. In the meantime, I'm thankful to remember and hope you'll be encouraged to remember, when the tears do come, we don't cry alone...Jesus weeps with us.

Thought of the Day

“Our circumstances are not an accurate reflection of God's goodness. Whether life is good or bad, God's goodness, rooted in His character, is the same."

- Helen Grace Lescheid

:smitten:

junee

Good Morning JOAN

Just heard dreadful news about Orlando FL. Hoping you were not out night clubbing.  All news seems to be knives and guns.

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Sunday morning, Joan and Junee, now just waiting on the others J's.....
Had rain throught the night or early morning, or at least the sound of drip drip woke me 4.am'ish this morning, then I checked outside the kitchen back door to realise outside decorators had left one guttering pipe completely unattached...so rainwater was pouring from the roof straight onto the ground...quite heavy rain which seems to have stopped now....Oh and the other drain pipes they had temporally connected for drainage, just left part of pipe end on the ground....
Midday today we are expecting Insurance job carpet man to appear with his carpet sample book - books.....I am assuming not all samples will be in stock....and assuming amongst them will be the one I - we choose.....
Phyllis, you know I love your today's teapot set graphic...... :thumbup: think its time to start bringing my lot out as my avatars, or I might need to start looking for a new collection.... ;)
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good morning, Junee.  That incident where the young singer performing who was shot and killed while still on stage?  That happened Friday night.  Tragic!!

Vanilla-Jackie--Good morning.  That's annoying to hear dripping.  It should be enjoyable to choose your new carpeting.

junee

JOAN

There has been another shooting, people injured.  News still coming through. I saw on map not far from Melbourne.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'll just mark my place for the week since I'm still not ready to leave for my sister's and I have to get moving.  It's supposed to be in the 70s all day today.  Nice weather for an outside party.  My niece has a beautiful, large deck and a lovely yard.  It's going to be a nice day.

I hope you all have a lovely day also!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Looking to be  beautiful day here although the robin is singing her head of for rain..

Need to get my pot luck dish ready today to have tomorrow..
Honey Garlic Meatballs and let them simmer away in the crock pot.

Phylis love the graphic!

Good morning Jackie,Jane ,junee and others that follow.

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Do we see a pattern forming...Jane, Junee, Joan, Jackie....:yes:

JaneS

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Junee--I went right to the TV and have been watching this second night if horror.  Orlando is about an hour's drive from Melbourne.

Good morning, Janie.  Safe travels and enjoy your time with family.

Amy--Good morning.  Honey garlic meat balls sound so yummy.

Jackie--Yes, I see the pattern.:)

Vanilla-Jackie

Would you believe, it now looks like Insurance carpet sample man is also letting us down.....He was the one who came up with the day and the time of between 12 noon and 1 pm...time now is 1.15 pm...we are giving him the benefit of the doubt and waiting on a phonecall telling us he got held up with the previous client, but once again, can no one can keep to their word?....just as well we don't make plans to go have our Sunday lunch meal with our families, not that we have any to go to....

Edited...R phoned the shop a minute ago, spoke to someone, not him, he said he had popped into the shop 1pm after visiting another client, now left and on his way to us, the shop is in Weymouth, less than 25 drive minutes away....so should still be here by now... I am wondering if anybody would have phoned us, if R hadn't of phoned them first....

phyllis

phyllis
Cary,NC

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone..
I am off to see my family today,
over at Kelly's ..   Their first time
to see the Great Grand Baby Ophelia.   
A baby sure changes everything!

Another Terrorist tragedy in Florida.
(Either domestic or international) .. 
Very sad,  indeed. 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Off to Tulsa with the family to see Miss Ellen dancing and singing as a skeleton,  a tap-dancing rat, a puppet, and one of The Three Blind Mice in a production of "Shrek, The Musical".   (If she wasn't in it, I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested!!!!!)

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a lovely day.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is going to be a very hot day getting up to 99 degrees or more this afternoon.  I don't look forward to coming out of church and getting into that hot car but guess we won't melt.  Nothing unusual on tap for today.  I have completed my outside and inside chores for today while it is still reasonably comfortable. We will go to Sunday School and Church and then get something to eat.  We had a nice quiet and restful day yesterday.

Gloria, glad your update went so well.  I find I can usually get answers to my questions on Windows 10 by using the Search box that is on the task bar.  Just type in Change display colors and it should give you the link you need to find the information.  If you are happy with Chrome I would suggest you not fool with Edge.

Sandy, I agree with you on upbringing.  It is unfortunate that there are a lot of children brought into very dysfunctional homes and what they have to grow up with. It makes me feel so blessed to have been raised by two very loving and caring parents.  Of course they were not perfect but no parent is.  Disagreements and augments will also happen but we learn to get over these and move on.  Glad you have a nice safe place to live but that you keep your door locked.  We are also very cautious about keeping out doors locked. 

Joan, I am glad we are all different as that is what makes life interesting. 

I have run out of time for further comments this morning so will go ahead and post and come back later to finish reading.

halkel

angelface555

:sleep:

Good morning from an another damp and drizzling day in the Interior!

Hot coffee and hot soup day for sure! Birch trees are swaying, rain is falling and the mists are drifting over the foothills. I'm sure all the local flood controls are directing waters as most of the rivers are still low in town. And we have five new fires in the southeast and one, over a thousand acres since Thursday in the northwest. Another wet day in our new normal.

Farrah is very active these days, becoming her own cat and discovering everything.

MarsGal

Kelly is still among the missing. I am hoping it is an equipment problem only. It has been almost a month since the last post.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, wow when I started up I had all kind of new things that wanted to be downloaded. Beginning to dislike 10 already.

PHYLLIS  another wonderful graphic, love the colors.

JOAN  love the chuckle, sharing is great but teeth too? Too much. Oh wow. Food for thought sure brought tears to me reading it. I have copied it. Thank you for today's goodies.

JUNEE  I just heard on TV about the shooting in Orlando. Terrible, seems like even one day goes by that we do not hear of a killing. Bad enough that young singer was shot on stage a few days ago.

JANE  enjoy the company and the weather.

JACKIE  we keep our appointments on time so we expect others to. Wonder why they do not have the good manners to call and let you know if the will be late or not showing up.

CALLIE  enjoy seeing Emily in the play today.

LARRY  I finally got IE to show up yesterday but today I cannot find it. I am using Chrome again this morning and I really do not like Google. More updates this morning. Seems like that should have been done when it installed. I want to get in touch with my grandson and see if he can partition the hard drive and install my copy of 7 home. I have not even clicked on Edge. I also keep my door locked. A few here never lock theirs but I sure do.

HAL  hugs  for you, too.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Carpet sample man did turn up 40 minutes late, although his excuse did come across as plausible,...Well he now knows the colour match of our carpet, has taken a sample square of water damage carpet with him, ( colour still matches) for matching up... as the large pieces of plain carpets he brought with him were darker...more pinky beige than sand beige...He told us the size of carpet to expect, it will not only fill the bathroom and go under and inside the bath panel but he said there will be more than enough left over, when I jokingly said to him " their might be enough left over to carpet our office..." he looked then said plenty....so will be killing two birds with one stone....We should be getting another visit from this smart suited older salesman in three days....

Amy

Larry, thank you!!! I didn't know how to change the colour of my tool bar but thanks to following your instructions I now have a blue tool bar not a black one that I found hard to see..

Hal, hugs back.Hugs. one size fits all :smitten:

Took my laundry off the line before it made its way to Joanie.my goodness was the wind strong!!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Oh Halkel, apologies, I skipped right past your hug...how could I have missed that...Sending  :grouphug:

Radioman34

Greetings from London Ontario. Getting ready for my broadcast, show #1510

angelface555

Gloria, I tried W7Home when I got this new computer but soon switched to W10 again, it is actually better in my belief but it is hard at first if you were not past W7. Give it a chance and you will like it. Try Firefox if you don't care for Google. I have both Firefox and Chrome for different things.

Hal,   :beer: thanks for the hug!

Still raining here.....

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan, Junee, oh boy, its breaking news just come on our tv, 53 injured, 50 dead in nightclub in Florida....

JoanFL

Sorry I've been missing all morning.  The internet was down in all of Central Florida--just came back up.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, on this very warm day, I have been enjoying the last few days, could set on my sun porch in confort.  very windy, with gust of 35.   i have a head ach, I think from watching the awful news again from Fla. I am waiting for the present to speak, again one more time, what can he say.

Phyllis thank you again for the beautiful soft graphic

Joan, breakfast sounds ao good, thanks, but I had eaten earlier, before the news.  I had bisquit and gravey, also a very sweet melon. of course my coffee and OJ.  I plan to hae a tuna fish sandwich for lunch.

Jackie, glad, the man came finally about the rug.  I am still waiting for months for the plumber to come back with the part he went to get!!?  I finally had the neighbor handy man fix it. He got a part from and old toilet and would not charge me.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Lindancer, I do wonder at times how these companies run, and more so, how they continue to survive, with all their customer complaints....but I follow one of my late fathers expressions....." they have you by the short and curlies....." in other words, they have the upper hand.....they have the power over you, not the other way around....

What a lucky find in your good Samaritan neighbour.......people like him are worth a thousand of the company that is letting you down....

June Drabek

Thank you Phyllis for the very inviting graphic. I will have a cup of tea with a squeeze of lemon, thank you.

Just got back from Church at our Chapel downstairs. A good service. We had a Lutheran Minister speak to us today.

I am going to scoot back downstairs and have my main meal of the day. Then home to relax. No programs here on Sunday.

Hal..hugs back attcha.Did you get to Church this morning ?
As long as we are here, let's dance.