Random Image

test1

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:49:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of June 12

Started by JoanFL, June 12, 2016, 04:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Good Sat. morning from Stanton Ca.  The So. section of Ca. is due for a taste of hot weather. Alas. High for my town will be 92. High for my former town of Hemet, will be 99 going up to 113 on Wed. with temps in the low 100's all week long. I do hope their A.C. is working fine. How would you like these temperatures……….Current Weather in Palm Springs
Clear
Current Temp: 94.8 F (34.9 C)
Today: 81° F / 107° F

Sunday
Partly Cloudy
86° F / 115° F

Monday
Clear
88° F / 120° F

Tuesday
Partly Cloudy
82° F / 113° F

Bis, I agree with the thought of the day. Life is just what we make it. We can choose to be good or bad, happy or sad, And we change that which we can, or accept what we cannot change, and try to make it better.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

Good morning, EVERYFRIEND!

ðŸ'žðŸ'ž How exciting to see the wonderful news, Bubble and Don.  I must say it has crossed my mind a few times that you two are very special to each other, and now it is official just HOW special your relationship is.  I could not be any happier for you both, and I wish you the best life together. ðŸ'žðŸ'ž CONGRATULATIONS and BIG HUGS
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JoanFL

Beverly--I'm glad your new a/c is humming and keeping you cool.  Glad you liked "Food for Thought" and the cat chuckle.

halkel--So you're going to take a nap.  Growing up we had a two story house and fans upstairs in the bedrooms.  We never did sleep outside.

Linedancer--I am saying extra prayers for Jesse.

June--Glad you liked "Thought of the Day".  It's about as warm there as it is here.

Hi Jenny.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Mary Ann

The reason my childhood house was so warm when I lived alone was it was closed up all day and there wasn't enough time - and coolness - at night to cool things down.  And when I had the cottage, the house was close up most of the weekend.  I did, and could, leave windows upstairs open, but not downstairs.  I think that is one reason I decided to sell the cottage - so I could have the house open occasionally.  My basement was cool but it wasn't finished and it was dark so I didn't use it.

It is warm today and the temp is around 90 degrees.  Our PBS station is having a fund raiser and the are featuring Big Band Music now - such good listening.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

Hal, like you, I was not surprised with Don's announcement. They are a great match, and I am happy for them. I'm glad you had an easy and quick fix on your A/C. Mine is pumping away at the present time, plus the ceiling fan is dispersing the cool air throughout.

Beverly, I'm glad you made it through your hot night, and I am not surprised you felt ill from that heat. Was it humid as well as hot ?

Amy, I hope those egg shells do not injure your tootsies. That is a new expression to me.

Gloria, somehow I do better ordering things on my own. Two way conversations interrupt my train of thought in my old age. I'm still waiting to hear a reply to my written message. I could order someplace else, but I know that when I order a Medium size, that is what Blair gives me and it is comfortable. I hate tight clothing.

Larry, you are correct in saying I should not feel guilty about a cleaning lady. After so many years of "doing" for myself it is hard to adjust. As you say..I am paying for it, and the girls need the work. My girl has been here for six years and is happy to have the job. She hums a tune as she works.

Mary Ann, in growing up I remember sleeping on the dining room floor…hard but cool linoleum. The upstairs bedrooms were horribly hot.

Jackie, that is such a tragic story on the lovely young woman, Jo Cox. I pray for her family….they will miss her so much.

phyllis

Growing up my mother would put a pallet on the living room floor and I would sleep there on very hot nights in Kansas.  When you are a little kid you can sleep anywhere.  As a teenager I slept on a glider on the front porch.  The porch was shielded from the walk and street by large shrubs and when I slept out there no one knew I was there.  After Tom and I were married and he was stationed in Biloxi, MS, we only had oscillating fans....no A/C of any kind.  I was pregnant and sick and never spent a more miserable time in my life.  I swore then that I would never live in the South again.  Look where I ended up!   :uglystupid2:  But, now I have central cooling and an air conditioned car and every mall and store and restaurant is air conditioned and  that makes all the difference.

Beautiful day here.  Low 80's, 17% humidity, a slight breeze and just perfect.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Vanilla-Jackie

Well I have to admit you wouldn't think anything serious was wrong with our Benji to look at....he plays and wags his tail....I am having a hard to time in convincing myself that its true.....but of course I am not ruling it out as my gut instinct tells me something has been wrong with his back end, maybe a little weakness from it.....just taking each day as it comes but looking for those tell tail signs that will come out the blue.....

I want to thank all who have given me personal stories of their past fur dogs....Amy and Sassy, Junedrabek and Petey, Phyllis and Charlie Brown, Lindancer and Tiney....I looked and found this piece that says it all about our fur pets past and present.....so special thoughts to all who have parted from this earth only to have found a better place with their new owner....

A Dog for Jesus

(Where dogs go when they die)

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog.
As loyal and loving as mine.
To sleep by His manger and gaze in His eyes
And adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood His faithful dog,
Would have followed Him all through the day.
While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well
And knelt in the garden to pray.
It is sad to remember that Christ went away.
To face death alone and apart.
With no tender dog following close behind,
To comfort its Master’s Heart.
And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn,
How happy He would have been,
As His dog kissed His hand and barked it’s delight,
For The One who died for all men.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine,
The old pal so dear to me.
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone,
Knowing they’re in eternity.
Day after day, the whole day through,
Wherever my road inclined,
Four feet said, “Wait, I’m coming with you!”
And trotted along behind.

~ Rudyard Kipling
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Mary Ann--I understand how closed up homes don't cool down.

June--I hired a new cleaning duo and they start on Monday.  I hope they are as good as the ones I had for almost 8 years.

Phyllis--I'd say your weather today is perfect.

Vanilla-Jackie--Wonderful poem by Rudyard Kipling.

June Drabek

Bis, your cleaning duo was exemplary in all the extras they did for you. I think it will be difficult to find another couple as great as they were, but I hope these will be a close copy.

JoanFL

Thanks, June.  I hope they will be, too.

JaneS

Well, I'm afoot and that doesn't look good for the cost of repairs to the car.  I'm also a bit irritated.  When I talked to the owner of the shop at noon, he indicated that he thought the car would be finished before he closed at 2.  I said I'd wait for his call.  I'm still waiting.  I'm frustrated when people don't follow through.  I worked a customer service line for an international furniture company for 6 years and if I told someone I'd call them back that day, I called...even if it was only to tell them that I had not been able to track down the source of the problem and I'd be working on it as soon as we opened in the morning.Oh well, we are not all the same!

I hope you all had a better day than I did.  And I hope tomorrow is a better day than this one.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

mycheal

Happy Fathers day to all Fathers be biological or  there for any children ~

Make the day special, your so deserving of it .

Mycheal

halkel

Janie, sorry you had such a rotten day.  I hope they find the problem Monday. early.

Nite all, God Bless and Sweetdreams.

June Drabek

Janie, I can feel your frustration and it has been placed upon you unnecessarily. There is no excuse for them not to call you back. Is it possible for you to change dealers once the work has been done ?

Mycheal, what a nice gesture on your part to the fathers here. I attend a writing class here, and we were asked to write a full page on a father. I chose a Priest that I felt deserved the honor of being written about..long deceased now, but a fine, fun, pious person.

Hal, after my Edward died I took the car to Sears' for work, and they were excellent. Did the work as I waited, and the price was reasonable. And Triple A was also a wise investment. They rescued me several times. Now I am glad I gave up driving.

After lunch today I decided to do a load of laundry. It wore me to a frazzle, and brought my plans for the evening to a quick close. I was so tired and so hot, even my hair was wet and anxious. So I took a nice cold shower, had a light supper, and will soon be headed for bed. I am truly feeling my age lately. Will have to quit fooling myself and live more quietly.

I will bid you all a very good night and a lovely Sunday. I wish you Peace, Prayers, and Hugs. June

JaneS

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

A new week for Soda Shoppe begins HERE.