Random Image

Brynn's wedding

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe April 2, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 02, 2017, 10:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Another new day, starting out cloudy, but I'm sure the sun will break through soon. We are still in the mid 70's, and dry.

Jenny, Sorry you lost your post, that can be so frustrating. It is usually my own carelessness when it happens to me. Is Carol a close neighbor ? Maybe she is eager to get home so she will get less visitors. Seems she is always busy with entertaining.

Lloyd, sorry you woke up with a headache, that is not a pleasant way to start your day. keep well, and don't work so hard. Take time to smell the roses.

Janie, I wish you a good and happy day at work. What do you put in your recipe for dog food ?

Amy, I hope you get your wishes about having a peaceful day doing what you want. You work so hard all the time.

Gloria, I was so curious about the sunshining I looked it up. It is really two separate words. Sunshine is a noun, Sun Shining is a verb, two separate words.  We would say, "the sun is shining." Correct me if I am mistaken.

Larry, I'm sorry you are losing you good neighbor and the impressive Bentleys. I had cataracts removed from both eyes some years back and it was like a miracle to have the good sight again. Now it seems to be failing again, but it must be natural aging for me this time. And I do a great deal of reading throughout the day. Larry, to relieve your concern about you wife if you should die first, why don't you look into the options available in your area or nearby. Not to make a move, but to be able to give her an idea of what she could do money-wise, and comfortably. It would give you peace of mind just knowing that you have left her with options of care.

Hal, I too am wondering about the honey on the dogs ear. And how would she get her tongue to her ear anyway…a long tongue, or a long ear ?????? Gives me something to ponder when my brain needs pondering.

I have a meeting at ten, so I had better get dressed and prepared.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Good afternoon and the sun is not shinning.  Pouring rain, beautiful day to morrow, and then thursday more rain.  Of course that is the day of our RH luncheon.

Jane, you and your family must be so proud of Natalie. She and her husband would make any family happy and proud.

Jeanne Lee, I take my hearing aid out when I shower, I do not want to take any chances.

Jenny, I hope you made the trip.  Now that I can not go anymore, I miss the trips to Foxwood or Mohegan Sun in Conn. The senior center had a bus trip every month,  We had to take the ferry from Orient Pt. to New London, and hour and a half ride each way.  Made for a big day out.

safe travel Carol.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  When I got home from work, I came by and read and wrote a post and xd it out.  I was too tired to try to retrieve it and I had a headache that was leaking out my eyes and ears, creeping around to the back of my head and sneaking right down my spine all the way to my feet.  Now that's a headache!  I took a couple ibuprophen, wrapped myself in a blanket and spent the afternoon on the couch.  I'm happy to say the headache is gone...all of it!

JUNE, the dog food I make is started with a premix that I buy that has about 7 different grains and about 7 vegetables.  You reconstitute it with boiling water and when it's ready you add oil for their coats and protein (ground turkey, chicken, lamb, venison, bison, tuna or whatever.  I also put in a powder for fighting fleas and ticks.  The love it and they know the sound of the bowl and spoon and are right behind me the whole time.

Thanks to those of you who continue to congratulate Natalie.  I've made a composite of all your congratulatory notes and I'm going to send it to her.  I included your names and which state you live in.  I'm sure she has no idea where all the extra prayers in her behalf came from.  My prediction....she'll cry!  In our family we all "Cry for HAPPY!"

Now the puppies are making their presence known and are also conveying the fact that they need dinner so I better go feed them.  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

janie, I'm praying your headache is all gone. the dog food recipe sounds good enough to eat. You are so good to those four-legged "kids". I cry with happiness too Jane. Thank you for passing on our messages.

Mary Ann

I may have mentioned that I sent the messages about the babies' pictures to James and Alicia and I got this message from James today:

Loved reading the comments. Thank you AMA. It was so nice to have you and Dad over for dinner last week.

If  you look right now (8:15 pm) Grand Haven is so pretty with a pinkish sky that will not last long.

Jane, that was a king sized headache and I hope you really are over it.

Mary Ann

JaneS

JUNE, headache is all gone.

MARY ANN, you did mention that you sent messages to your kids about the twins.  So nice to share their answer.  I couldn't help noticing that they call you AMA.  I'm guessing that stands for Aunt Mary Ann.  I'm AJ to my niece, nephew=in-law, nephes and grandnieces and grandnephew.  I love it!

I'm going to get off the computer now and rest my eyes.  Enjoy what's left of your evening.

Mary Ann

Jane, yes, AMA stands for Aunt Mary Ann.  They don't call me that; it's just in writing.

Terry's wife's mother used to be called Ama but when we started using AMA, she changed hers to Oma.  Hers is pronounced Ahma where if mine were voiced, it would be A M A, all three letters.  Only they all call me Aunt Mary Ann.

Mary Ann

mycheal

April 04, 2017

Jeanne, Even with the water resistance capabilities of modern hearing aids, most recommend you remove your hearing aids prior to any aquatic activity.

Sorry all I can come up with including taking a quickie :O)

Mycheal

Lloyd Hammond

Jeanne Lee I am another unfortunate with hearing aids. even the moisture of presentation is harmful to our aids, I have a dryer that i put my aids in with some kind of block to draw the moisture out of them and into it also has heat.
My aids are state of the art furnished through V A by you tax payers ( thanks).
I tell people they are little bit beter than nothing at all. I can hardly here most
people over the phone. But now I have a device I ware on a cord around my neck that when you call me on my cell phone it after answer and close the phone back up and put in my pocket or click answer on the device , it put's both
receive and transmit to and from my aids (hands free same as a blue tooth)
I have a lot of fun doing a phone conversation with my phone closed and in my pocket. people sure give you some funny looks. one time I was in a insurance agents office he was in the back room getting something, i took a call. he came back in and gave ma a long look, and asked my wife is he crazy or what sounds like what he is saying may be 1/2 of a phone conversation . she said no and it is and explained to him,well it is time to wish you all a good night and sweet dreams.hope to see you all tomorrow.

Llloy

June Drabek

Had my last walk of the day, medicine girl just arrived, took my b.p...it was good, now I am off to brush me teeth wash my face and in to bed. God Bless my dears. Hugs, Love and Prayers. June

Denver

Running late tonight, so I must make this quick.

I did not take the bus to the mountain this morning.  I got up and it was snowing like crazy.  I got on line and found that the roads were in bad condition, so knew it was best for me to just go back to bed.  It cleared up this afternoon, and the sun was even shinning when the bus returned.  It was short lived and the snow started again and it is still coming down with vengeance. The weather guessers say we will get up to blue skies, but I am sure wondering right now.

Yes, JUNE.  Carol lives in a community probably less than a half mile from me.  Sadly, we do not see each other that much, but we always enjoy getting together when we can.  I hope they will have a easy drive in tomorrow and the weather will not be a issue for them.

GLORIA de, I was disappointed to not be able to go today.....but as it turned out I was not feeling all that well, so things have a way of working out for the best.  This evening I had a call telling me about the death of a dear friend from high school days, son that passed away suddenly.  It was a accident, a fall, and the parents are in shock and heart broken. 

JANIE, sorry to read about your headache, but sure are glad you were able to rest and get rid of it completely!  We are criers too, so I sure understand how your Natalie will feel when she reads about your caring friends.

LARRY, it is sad to have good neighbors move on.  I do hope the new owners will be nice folks also.  Thank you for the suggestion of hitting the back key...I will try that the next time... I got happy fingers and hit refresh as it said there were new posts....not a smart move. 

HAL, clogged kitchen sink is not a good way to start the day...sure glad your neighbor was able to help you out. 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Denver It is 4:12 am here and easy rain and has been doing it all night I guese
it was last evening about the time we went to bed, started before dark.
when it first started had lot of thunder and lightning roiled the patois hard.
I would Have the rain rather than your snow but would be ok for it to stop for a while, is getting to be deep mud here. but at the grass is growing for the cattle.
Have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We are off to see son and daughter in love in a bit. We won't stay long as he has a lot of work to do on his truck .

Lloyd, good morning..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

4:40 here now and I just clicked on the up to the minute weather, it said 49º
and rain. had nothing i did not already know. Have a great day, I am gong to go take my morning med's and go back to bed for sum more ZZZZZ. have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Amy back to you. I like the way you describe daughter in law. (in love) pray they always stay in love . we are in the process of selling our farm to grand daughter and her husband, and fixing up the school part of the shop and moving in to it.will be much less space to keep clean , eraser on Nancy and
I can just go down into the shop aerie and do my wood work or welding witch ever i want to do. Have a great time with them and drive safely.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  Mickie got us up this morning.  She needed to go out so that began our morning.

Amy, I keep forgetting to ask you if you are near Paris, ONT and if you've ever been to a Fair that is held there.  I was reading a Reader's Digest article on food at fairs and they talked about something that is sold at the fair in Paris, Ontario.

I haven't decided what I'm going to be up to today.  I do have to go to the bank and I think I'll stop and pick up some snacks for the doggies.  They're almost out and that will never do!  And I have to stop at the eye dr. and beg more drops.  After that, whatever I do will be at home.  There's plenty to do here but I'm not sure I want to do it. 

I'll be off to Wally World at 3 for my evening shift. 

Coffee's ready!  Anyone want to join me?

phyllis

Jeanne Lee, I'm slow to answer your question about showering and hearing aids.  I only wear one aid because my right ear has 0% hearing so an aid wouldn't help.  I always take the aid out when I shower and put it in the drying box.  I generally try to take a pretty quick shower so don't think I miss much of what needs to be heard.  I can't think of any protection that would keep an aid a 100% dry while in the shower so to avoid the high cost of buying a new one I just play it safe.

Sunny and warm here this morning but storms predicted for tonight.  It is, after all, Spring.

Jane, I'm so pleased and impressed that your granddaughter was given the Fellowship at the Menninger Clinic.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Thank you Phyll, I'll add that to the list that I'm sending to Natalie and my daughter, her mother.

Lloyd Hammond

Jeanne Lee I am a slow thinker now days but now and then I hit a good note.
I have forgot to remove my hearing aids and got in the shower with them in. when i realized they were still in, i steeped out and removed them laid them
on the counter and finished my shower. after showering I went and got a air assail (dust buster) spray can and blew the water out of them and blew them dry never hurt them at all, I then put them in a dryer i have for them. are supposed to dry them ever night. Va gave me my dryer so do not know the cost of them. it is corrosion that dose the damage not moister as long is it is not left in them. just open up the battery so cant short out.hope this helps.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, a very wet day yesterday, a gray one today and another rainy day tomorrow. I rescheduled my appointment for tomorrow.

LARRY  we had over 2 inches of rain yesterday but not windy. A few rivers reached flood stage. Tomorrow they are worried about more rain and the rivers flooding. Heard on Thursday it will be more windy.

JEANNE LEE  I don't have hearing aids but I cannot hear anything but the water when I am in the shower.

HAL  I was only teasing you about that like you did me about a year or more ago. I am not smart but I do remember pretty good. Then none of us are perfect. I know I have trouble hitting the right keys and have to read over what I type before posting.

AMY  I have read several times about honey being used for healing.

JUNE  I am not an English teacher it was the way SUN was misspelled I was teasing about.

GLORIA  DE  not raining today but cloudy still no sun shine. Not a nice day to go outside for fresh air and just might bundle up this afternoon for some. I dislike it when I cannot get out for at least a short walk and some fresh air.

JANE  hope today is a better one for you without another miserable headache.

JENNY  glad the 2 inches of rain here yesterday was not snow, could have been 2 feet of it.

AMY  enjoy visit with son and DIL.

LLOYD  wow so you are selling your farm at last but it will still be in the family, Will be good for you and Nancy not to have to worry about it.

PHYLLIS  April showers? Fine without thunder storms.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

I read yesterday that Tesla is now worth more than GM, which is hard to believe.  I have never owned a Beetle but still see the newer ones on the road.

June, that is a good suggestion to begin to gather some information on some assisted living places around here.  I will have to look into that. 

Lloyd, my former boss and good friend has had hearing problems for many years.  The last time I visited him he showed me a device similar to what you describe to help him hear on his phone and also on his TV.  Modern technology is really something along with improvements in hearing aids.  Glad to see you have decided to sell your farm to your grand daughter and her husband.  It sounds like you will be able to still be on the farm with a much smaller living area but still have your shop. 

June Drabek

Larry, I think it is always a good plan to look into things while we are capable of making decisions. It prepares us ahead of time for what we may not be able to understand later.

Gloria, I was concentrating on the two N's  Hal put in shining and skipped the sIn area completely till I re-read the message.

Lloyd, I think you and Nancy are very wise to sell the farm to your Grand children. It will still be there for you to live, but the responsibility will be on your Grandsons youthful shoulders. God Bless you both.

Jenny girl, you are wise to stay at home when you are not real feeling A-1, and the weather made a good decision for you.

Janie, enjoy your free day and your evening work at W.M. I recall you saying you like those hours. By all means, you must have snack/treats for those two wonderful pups.

Only one thing on my "to do" list today….our Bible study at 10 a.m. And since it is now 9 a.m. I had better get myself dressed for the trip downstairs.

Shirley

I'm in reading posts off & on all day but get side tracked & don't post myself.... bottle it all up & then it comes out a book.  Sprinkler guys came with their detector & found the problem right away, could have saved money if they'd brought it the first time, but it's done & hopefully won't need another fix for a long time.  The molding for the RV should be delivered today, will decide when I get up to see what the top looks like if I want to tackle both sides front to back or if I can just do both sides front only.  Not a big job, only need a tad of a certain kind of glue at each end to seal.  We had rain all night again, river is up over my path for the 2nd time this week, but it needed a good cleaning out.  I finally realized my NEW rain gauge leaks, when it was raining hard the other day it showed about 2" & later was not that full.  Before the day was over, it was all the way down.  I had it inside all winter so am disgusted with it, they aren't cheap, only got it last summer.   >:(

Larry, sorry you are losing your interesting neighbors.  One thing about those Bentleys, when we lived in England it was as special to own one 20 years old as a new one.  With the way Kansas taxes cars, it would pay to have one very old and never own a new car.

Amy, I never heard about honey for healing, when our dog had places to worry about I put castor oil on... did it for the kids, as well.  It heals & nobody wanted to lick it off!  Castor oil healed better than the cortisone cream the doctor prescribed for my son's legs when they broke out (allergy).  When we lived in England I was told to use the zink & castor oil sold by Boots (the chemist).  It healed everything!  I brought some back with me & when my daughter was there, had her bring some back.  She was surprised when she went to the Boots shop & they knew exactly what she wanted.  I didn't put the mixture on the dog, didn't know if zink was okay in case she licked.... knew the castor oil would do her any harm.   ;)

Lloyd, sounds like you are making a wise choice, you can be there to give advice to help them start out.  Knowing you, you will be lending a hand when they need it, too. 

Gloria, the sun is shining this morning but still cool enough to feel good.  I may still get away for a drive to Missouri to see the wild dogwood blooming.  Can't remember when I got to see it last, but will call Doris today to see how it is doing down her way. 

Jenny, one of the sprinkler guys is a Colorado camper, too.... he said they like Taylor Park best.  That was the first place we camped but too high for me.  Monarch Pass still has a lot of snow, looks like the highway is clear this morning, though.  That road grader must run around the clock on that pass!  I am SO ready to go out.  If you & Bob get a chance to come visit, we will have the 2 sites where the road makes the first curve to go around the loop, on the creek side.... but will talk to you before then. 

Lunch time, I was up at 5:00 am to feed cats & be ready for the sprinkler guys by 8:00... they didn't come till 9:00-ish... but that was okay, job done (I hope). 

Lloyd Hammond

Nancy fixed a great dinner. she made brownies from scratch no Mix.
she pus a cream cheese layer in the middle of it( Delicious ). she said  it was a pain, I told her i was worth all the trouble. not sure she agreed with that.
It is still raining very easy and has most of yesterday and all night and still at it. mud is getting deep around here. wend is out of the north and 43º . bad day
even too cold to go to the shop,and Nancy took the mouse and playing a card game on big TV i cant even watch a Western movie. I may as well go take a nap
and let the brownies turn to more fat. Have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Just got back from the major part of my running around and I bought a bit more than I planned.  It's all put away now and the doggies had a snack and are dozing outside my office door.  I'm trying to hold them off for their noon snack until later because they won't have supper until I get home after 7. 

I sent Natalie an email with all your comments about her Menninger Fellowship.  I'm going to post her answer below...

'Oh My Gosh!! So, so nice of everyone!!! Please tell them all thanks for their prayers.  It means so much to me!"

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Shirley, you got the storms we were supposed to have.  There was snow covering the ground in Boise City Oklahoma (far northwestern corner) - and tornado warnings in Idabel (southeastern corner - 476 miles away from Boise City)  We had clouds and sprinkles here in the middle.

JaneS,  thought of you this morning as I was wandering around Wal-Mart.  I did have a list but kept thinking of other things I could look for.   ;)  Lots of smiling help finding where things were.

Yesterday,  #2 dil (she's 46) had a hip replacement.  She has had several surgeries for spine degeneration  and one hip began to trouble her a couple of years ago.  Back doctor and hip doctor consulted and strongly recommended the hip replacement.
Surgery went well and she had gone for a walk when I checked with her via text a few minutes ago.  She did say she was taking as much pain medicine as often as they would give it to her.
She is to go home on Friday.   
Son told me it would be more helpful for me to bring food after that than to sit at the hospital.  Works for me!!!!!!   :thumbup:

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Amy

Back from our visit had a great time ,we also did a bit  of shopping or rather I did :)

Shirley, I will pick some castor oil up to have on hand, thank you for suggesting it. Years ago one of ours dogs had a skin irritation and nothing seemed to work on him ,neighbour told me to tell my parents to get sulfur and mix it with lard and spread on the dog....it worked!!!

Callie, she is so young to have a hip replacement, wishing her a speedy recovery.

Lloyd, good choice, now is the time for you and Nancy to relax some but you still can work in your shop. The young ones will have you close by if needed.

Jane,I just did yard detail and the rhubarb is really poking its nose up. No, not near Paris Ont Jane but wouldn't mind visiting the Mary Maxim store  there. :)

June, enjoy Bible study.

Larry,I for on, think your amazing for all that you do for Pat.

Gloria, tis a nice sunny day here.....maybe tomorrow I can raked up all the pine cones off the front yard.

Where is Hall?

Wish we would get another update on Joan..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

halkel

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Amy, I 'finally' got myself in gear and got that haircut I intended to get last week.  I also filled up my car, it's monthly fill-up.

I also got my new printer delivered while I was out and opened it up and read 'over' some of the instructions and I swear either I am getting plumb stupid or the tech writers they employ now days just don't know how to write.  Of course they are drawing and writing for about four languages. 

Lloyd, I know selling your place must have been a hard decision.  But it is going to stay in the family and you will be on the place until it is your turn to meet the Lord.  And if you go first Nancy will have someone to look after her.  I was wondering, are you going to keep your cattle and continue to run them on the place?

Our weather here is just windy and cool.  Lots of sunshine and not too cool.  Yesterday was getting up into summertime temps.

Well I am going to get a cup of coffee and look at the instructions one more time.

halkel

Got my sIL to come over and do most of the heavy lifting.  Some of the installation is done from printer and some from computer.  Tested it from computer and my IPad, works like a charm.

JaneS

I'm home from work, had a bite to eat, fed the doggies and they are out chasing our resident squirrel right now.  Well, they're barking at the squirrel.  I told them their efforts are useless until they learn to either climb trees or fly.  Doesn't seem to bother them.  They still try.

I ordered a pair of computer glasses and I'm trying them out right now.  They seem to be doing the trick.  We shall see! 

I think I'll go and watch a little TV through my eyelids.  I'm really tired tonight but I met some really nice people!  Enjoy your evening!