Random Image

futon bed

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe 5-21-17

Started by Jeanne Lee, May 21, 2017, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Good Morning Dear Hearts,

Another full nights sleep, have been up for three hours and my mind and eyes want to go back to sleep again. Oh well…..we do the best we can.

Lloyd, for a man with a constant headache you are sure doing a lot of hard work with that tractor. When are you going to start taking care of yourself ??

Janie, I pray you have a very happy day at W.M. with lots of thankful smiles from those that come to your checkout lane. How long does Annie have to be on the pill ?

Amy, I will have to look up on my computer and find out what a picct line is. Sounds like something that is semi permanent that another needle or instrument hooks in to. But this old lady is always curious about what those letters mean.

Gloria, when I ended up have a queen bed all to myself, I slept all over that bed. and loved it, so that made my adjustment a lot more difficult. I'm doing pretty good now. I am not really conscious of where I'm placed when I go to sleep or when I wake up…my mind just sort of dies during the night…deep sleep for sure.

Bis, I guess the cleaning of the feeding tube is like washing our dirty dishes..it has to be kept nice and clean or it would would clog up. The miracles of modern medicine…wouldn't our Grandparents be amazed. For that matter,I am amazed too.

Larry, thank you for your kind remarks. I am going to make more effort in getting "out" again, or as much as the body allows. I won't be attending many of the things we are offered, but mostly I want to keep up with the walking.

Callie, I am surely enjoying my normal showers again. Those "sponge" baths get one clean, but worn out too. Sometimes we have no choice though so we make do. I have been free of bandages for some time now, but I miss the association with the nurses downstairs that took care of me daily.

Hal, did you get a good report from your doctor yesterday. I hope so. I am really chuckling over Roomba hiding under a table. Guess it got tired of cleaning up after you humans. Does it turn itself off when it hides or does it wear down the batteries? I think you should give it a name of it's own.

I am going to get out of my chair and go take a walk and get the dust blown out of my brain.

HI Sandy, We are have a high of 79 today. I am not looking forward to summer, being on the top floor, it gets extra uncomfortable, and I hate the sound of the A.C.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Sandy

I don't particularly like the sound of the AC, either... But I can't survive the heat and humidity with out it...      So I cheer the day that they put it into my window.      Shouldn't really need it much util the very end of  June.

:grouphug:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

Sandy I have some food for thought for you. Get some honey from a bee keeper in your area and use plenty of it. that will help your allergy's.

June  I appreciate you as a friend and the advice you give. but in this case is not a tractor it is a Bulldozer I am working on . I most likely not quit until god takes me home . I am not ready to quit I enjoy (Love you) most of you people most of the time. the sun has finely shown its face here. I don't have to worry about a job what i cant think of on my Owen Nancy thinks for me. she bought one of those new junk washing machines  stops up off of the lint and have to high a high priced repair men to fix it for lot of $$$$$.  i refused to pay him so she had me get one of the old seed queen washers left from when I owned the Laundromat, up here and now i have to install it down in the old laundry room to wash my old work clothes and her rugs in.  at least i have several parts and know how to figure it out and fix it. Have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm home!  Too tired to talk.  Gonna see if there are any zzzs left around her of that cleaning lady got rid of them, too.

JUNE, Annie has 2 more pills to take.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Sandy, I my house and in the care facility where I lived in Hemet we had Built in
a/c units that were very quiet. Here they are window units that give both cold and heat. I still don't understand the settings, and they don't give us paperwork so we can learn. If I have a question, I have to call downstairs and they send up a repair man…for everything. Even my computers, as I get my computer connections and t.v. through Rowntree Gardens. I pay separately…not included in my rent…but it is handy, for sure.

Lloyd, I am a bossy old busy-body. I think I want to "mother" everyone. A bulldozer is even more huge and complicated than a tractor, so I worry even more about you.

Janie, two more pills…..I guess you "girls" can tolerate that, but won't it be a treat to have breakfast without delay again ? I just hope the pills are doing the healing we want to have happen.

Nearly time to go down for lunch, so I will be quiet and when I come home it will be nap time. I never have to search for my ZZZZZZZ's. They are always waiting for me in the recliner. I love you all.  :smitten:

Amy

I am home too and I had thought of working outside but tomorrow is another day...

Mary Ann, I am glad this font is better for you to see...and me too!!!

Lloyd, I keep meaning to ask you, do you have to put ear tags in your cows ears?  I used to do that but it was just for my information.

Sandy, how do you like your tv now that you have cut the cord with the dish/cable? I am thinking on doing the same but not sure if all the programs we watch will be on the "box"

Gloria, there are times my legs feel like jello so I am sure there is a wee bit of wobble there..lol

June, here is some information for you. It just makes it so much easier on the patient and the nurses when they have to give you a needle or in hubby's case chemo.

http://www.chop.edu/treatments/peripherally-inserted-central-catheter-picc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripherally_inserted_central_catheter

We ate a new place to us called Cora's..food was so good.....bit pricey but a bit of a celebration today daughter in love joined us .

Better go tidy the kitchen..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

halkel

June, just that I need to try to get into a exercise program, low impact.  So I am joining a senior center program just up the road from me.  Run by the city, free.  I filled out all the paperwork this morning and it takes 24 hours to process.  But the young lady told me to call early (7:30) in the morning to see if their was room for me.  She said they sometimes fill up. 

Larry, I just thought about something, you ask if my GDaughter had basement, no.  They will have to tear out some sheetrock, I think.  But GDaughter said they didn't have to move, not sure how that is going to work out. 

Sandy

Cutting the cord is a very personalizes decision.   

I got a lot om my decisions from a website called "grounded reason"
https://www.groundedreason.com/cable-tv-alternatives/

I have chosen to take the minimum service from Sectrum and included is their internet service  ....

I can only get my internet service through them as I live in the city in a building that has 7 floors and 155 apartments  and only one internet provider.

I also stream programs from Roku and through them get
Netflix, Amazon, Showtime, Hulu and cbs all access (plus others)..

I cut my cable cost from over $210 / month down to $62
per month.     I can still pick up the big movie stations like showtime, cinemax, etc etc by paying for them separately.

I tried it and have not regretted letting go.   If and when I do, I can easily upgrade my Spectrum to include all the goodies that I don't have now and never used.

subscribe t the "Grounded Reason" news letter.

You can up grade (or drop)
your services monthly so you control what you are seeing and paying for.

There is a learning curve here.
How I would recommend starting is to
1.  make sure that you have an excellent service provider.

2.subscribe to the cheapest cable for local stations.
(they will try to talk you into getting more than you need
so be strong.     They will take you back in a
minute if you want.

Be brave and research different options.   But start small and add on as needed.

I get my msnbc and cnn though international free website 
http://www.livenewschat.eu/politics/

It is awesome and free!

Enough for now
Sandy

― Carl Sagan

JoanFL

Sandy--The move is getting closer.  After I get the tube is out tomorrow, I will have a bit more freedom.  I think cable service is included in my rent.

June--I barely hear my a/c.  Maybe my hearing isn't so good.

Amy--I had a PICC line the first month I was in the hospital.

halkel--Good for you joining an exercise program.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Radioman34

In the  city of Netanya where Bubble lives a  knife wielding assassin with murder on his mind attempted an attack on one of its  citizens. A policeman thwarted the attack, but was injured in the process. He managed to shoot the attacker and capture him. This happened in a busy part of town where I walked quite frequently. What's  going on in this world?

JoanFL

Amy

Sandy, thank you so much for all the information, that is quit a savings on your part. 

Joan, I bet you will be so happy to have your feeding tube gone!!! One has to be so thankful that the PICC lines saves a lot of pokes with a needle. I watched one lady, that was just about in tears when the nurses tried to find a vein. She ended up getting a PICC line and was all smiles the next time I saw her.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

June I read more than I post on usually do not worry. you loved and welcom.
thanks Lloyd

Amy yes I do . i use number and green in color with bold black  numbers .and farley large ones easy to see. you may know but not experience blind in one eye and cant see out of the other as I am. I mowed the yard at the house and part of the shop the side can see from the road so the neighbors cant talk about me too bad. if i thought it would do any good I would go knock a knot on the weather  GUESSER'S head
he is calling for severe thunder storms. he just let the sun shine for a short while today. it has rained day or knight for several days. have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

Sandy

Lloyd,
Thank you for reminding me about using
local honey as a way to combat allergies.   

I will have to find me some and stock up..
by next year  it should help.

― Carl Sagan

June Drabek

Amy, thank you for the info on the picct. It is well written and clear for the average person to understand. I found it interesting that it can be inserted from a week till 12 months.

Hal, I am happy to know that your doctor is recommending an exercise program. I am finding that it is really vital for us to do a regime of exercise.  Once you have learned what the Sr. Center can offer you and you will remember it all, you will be able to it daily at home if needed. Because of my poor blood flow to the legs I spend every morning before I get out of bed massaging my legs and feet. It is easy to do lying on my back and raising the legs rather that bending over to massage. I have resumed the Balance and Mobility classes offered downstairs twice a week, or daily if I added other classes, but I think what I am doing is enough for my age. We really don't need all the accouterments one could buy, just using the body we have been given is sufficient. Good luck Hal, and my kudos to your Dr.

Bis I could barely hear my unit that I had before…it is the one that is in the window that is louder, but I will adapt. Better a little noise than melting in the heat of summer, right ? I know my hearing has diminished with age, but I am going to do without aids as long as possible. So many here have them, and find they are very costly, and give them nothing but dissatisfaction.

Radioman, I'm sorry to hear that happening in Bubbles area. We have a great deal of that cruelty in our big cities. She has such a beautiful area from the pictures you have posted.

Lloyd, thank you, and do be careful. We need you in our group here

Denver

Very sad to read the news you have shared with us, DON.  How frightening.  I, too, wonder what is happening in this world?  So many unexplainable things going on. 

Today we had doctor appointment.  Bob had his yearly physical, and all is well with him.  I went to the endocrinologist.  My numbers are all fantastic from my blood work, so the doctor was very pleased, HOWEVER she still wants to add different Meds.  Reason is to do with weight gain from insulin.  I am feeling very defeated.  She always wants to add NEW Meds that are extremely expensive and most are not covered by my insurance.  Tomorrow we will find out what the deal is with the new Meds.  Doctor told me she was going to give me a sheet of instructions so I would know what she wants me to do.  Doc heads off to next patient....front desk can not find and list to give me....I left feeling so overwhelmed.  Sometimes I swear I am just not able to deal with things these days!

AMY, I am so happy that your hubby is done with his chemo and was able to get the picc line out.  Bless you both. 

JOAN, also good to read that you will be getting the feeding tube removed.  I know you must be very stressed with all the home care and workers getting repairs done AND getting things lined up for your move to Fairhope.  Just take care of yourself.  Hugs.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.  It is the last day of school here and our Oldest grandson will be having a program to honor the continuance from elementary to middle school.  Granddaughter has a program just after that then other grandson has his field day.  Tomorrow night we will join them for dinner at their club to honor the little graduation.  Thursday morning they all leave for Disneyland, and we will be keeping their doggie, Lola.  It will be the first time our Smokey and Lola will be together.  We sure hope it goes well.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JoanFL

Good morning, Everyfriend.  Today is the day I get the tube removed--hurrah.  I hope you all have a great day.

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I didn't get in here after work except to say how tired I was.  It was sort of a lost day!  I didn't realize just HOW tired I was.  I didn't do anything for the rest of the day except watch a movie and fall asleep.  I do feel better today.

I'm off to the service place to get my car A/C fixed today.  Depending on how long they think it will take, I'll probably just wait for it there.  There's a nice place to eat right beside the shop so maybe I'll treat myself to breakfast.  Might even bring a great big sticky bun home with me for later.

HURRAH FOR NO MORE TUBE!!!!

We're waiting for Annie's "pill time" and then the doggies can have breakfast.  I think I'll go get dressed for the shop while I wait.  Have a lovely day, Everyfriend.  Make it exactly what you want it to be. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...

A few chores need to be done today, yard cleaning then grass cutting and then I shall see if the garden till wants to start after sitting all winter.

Yesterday went well but I was so happy to get home.

Joan, doing to happy dance for you..so nice to have that tube gone, one less worry for you!!!

Jane, hope the AC doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Better get a move on here!!

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Lots of rain here and some flooding all around.  My house is ok, thank goodness.

I'm scheduled for a root canal tomorrow.  I am so not ready for it but I have a wide spread infection so it must be done.  I really like the endodontist that will be doing it.  Hopefully this will be the only one I have to have done but he has warned me that it will be possible that I will need more.  What will be, will be.
phyllis
Cary,NC

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Rain missed us again yesterday late evening. The folks South of us got most of it, some places up to 9 inches.  All we got was darkness, high winds.  This morning sun is out and nice and cool.

Joanie happy the tube is going.  :thumbup:

Amy hope your tiller starts.  I hope you Canadian gas is better than ours.  If you tried using our gas that had wintered over, forget it, you can hard;u strike a match and get it to burn. 

Coffee is ready.  Anyone want to join me?

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is another overcast morning with rain expected sometime in the afternoon.  Yesterday we had quite a bit of rain and my gauge has close to 1 1/2 inches showing.  I can see the yard was most appreciative as has really greened up.  I did take Pat to get her x-ray yesterday and fortunately, due to the rain, the Interstate wasn't backed up so it was an easy trip. 

Today is the day that both Pat and I have appointments with our Cardiologist.  Unfortunately they could not be scheduled back to back so will take Pat for her appointment and then bring her home and then a little later go back for my appointment.  Fortunately, it is only about a 15 minute drive to the doctor's office.  Tonight is our next to last Wednesday night dinner at the Church and tonight is Italian night, which is always good.  Scott is working this evening so will not be able to attend nor come out to visit but hopefully Jennifer will come and have dinner with me and then come out to the house for a little while.  That will be it for today.

Callie, it sounds like that water heater could have caused a fire if it had not failed. 

Hal, I hope you gave Roomba long enough to rest up since she was hiding from you.  Glad to see you are going to get involved with an exercise program and sure hope it is very beneficial for you.  I guess the pipes in your granddaughters home are in the walls.  Hopefully it won't be too much of a mess.  Glad she won't have to move

Sandy, we have been having allergen warning for weeks now but notice the warning as less this morning probably due to the rain.  Glad to see you are happy with your cable service.  I have never heard of "Grounded Reason". 

June, glad you are still enjoying your walks.  It sounds like you have lovely grounds and gardens in which to walk. 

Lloyd, you remind me so much of my dad who could fix about anything.  Unfortunately it didn't rub off on me. 

JaneS, sounds like you will soon have a full-time job just giving the pills to Annie. Did the vet give you encouraging news about Annie?

Amy, when I grew up on the dairy farm we could have only 20 cows as that was the limit of the milking stalls.  Each cow had a name so we didn't need to tag them.  I was always thankful for milking machines but it still was a lot of work and the milk had to be carried up a little incline to the water cooler where it was stored.  My folks sold whole milk for the fat content.  the picc line also avoids a lot of sticks for the patient.

Don, that was a frightening event with the knife wielding assassin.  It seems that no place is free of terror anymore but we can't live our lives in a constant state of fear as that is what our enemies want us to do. 

Jenny, sorry you had a stressing doctor's appointment.
It sounds like you are doing well overall.  I sure hope your insurance will cover the cost of your new meds. It sounds like you have a very busy day ahead today but enjoyable as it involves your grandchildren.

Joan, happy that the feeding tube will be gone by the end of the day.  It sounds like a lot of progress on many fronts as you prepare to move. 

Phyllis, perhaps the root canal will go very smoothly and you will get that infection healed.  At least what you have can be treated.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, This is the latest I have slept in a few weeks. At least I do feel more rested this morning. looks like it is misting outside.

JOAN didn't you have to buy a hospital bed? Will that go with you? Glad that feeding tube will be removed. The tech got a lot of ice out of the fridge yesterday. He took the back off the fridge after pulling it from the wall. He cleaned out the drain from the freezer as much as he could and said if it freezes like that again it will have to be replaced. I noticed that part of the fridge where the cabinets cover the sides looked like it never was washed. I got the cleaner and paper towels to clean it and our maintenance man took them from me and washed it. He was here with the tech and he did not have to do that for me. Too bad he isn't the manager here. He is helpful and does things for tenants that he does not have to. The manager would like to fire him and get her brother in for that job. I think the tenants would all fight her on that. I know I will not have a CNA as good as the one that will be leaving Friday. The one I have on Tuesday is OK but a motor mouth.

LARRY  I would rather take a longer route to avoid traffic jams. My daughter and SIL are learning more of their way around where they are in Arizona now. Their neighbors are telling them some of the roads to avoid traffic. Like you I find Forensic files interesting. The fridge sounds quitter when running now. Last night no more ice. On Monday the maintenance got a sink full of ice from it and yesterday the tech got almost as much out of it.

CALLIE  glad you have hot water again.  I remember when I finally lived someplace where I had hot water and no more heating up water for every thing.

HAL  I have Open Office installed  and that is what I use to type in, automatically corrects spelling but at times that messes up too.

JUNE  all I know is that my bedding is hardly disturbed during the night. Like you I dislike the sound of the AC and then having to turn the TV sound up so I can hear it.

AMY  at least you can still walk and stand on your legs without needing something to hold onto.

DON  no matter where one lives or goes to these days is safe anymore. Places we used to walk all the time I would be afraid to drive through these days.

LLOYD  think many of us would like to “knock a knot on the weather GUESSER'S head”

JENNY  at times I would like to take all my meds and throw them away. At least so far my insurance covers all of them.

PHYLLIS  glad you are dry. One thing I do not have to worry about is this building and where my 3 live all are high so safe. I have never had a root canal but heard they are not fun. Hope this will be the only one you need.

HAL 9 inches is way too much rain at one time.

LARRY enjoy the Italian dinner tonight.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Denver

Good Wednesday Morning to EVERYFRIEND! 

JOAN, good luck getting that tube out! 

LARRY, good luck to you and Pat at the cardio doc appointments!  Enjoy that Ltalian dinner!  Sorry Scott can not join in, but hope Jennifer can. 

GLORIA....agree, so much....stop all meds...eat well and enjoy!  I had one auntie  that had mini strokes all the time due to high blood pressure....after a period of time, she refused to take the blood pressure pill and she never had high blood pressure again nor any mor TIA's!  Lived on for many more years! 

PHYLLIS, I am sorry you have to have the root canal.  I hope it goes well for you. 

A exciting day awaits, so I had best get myself ready.

Enjoy the day....EVERYFRIEND!

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

Jenny, sounds to me like maybe you should be looking for another doctor. I see mine today. She has planned to bring her "tools" and give me a pedicure. Because of my p.a.d. she does not want me to go elsewhere for that work. I glad you hubby got such a good report.

Bis, I am SO happy for you. One more step for continued healing. YAY !

Janie, thank you. It will be a happy day for me. My son Gary will be leading us in Bible Study today. I love that "kid".

Phyllis, I have had about five root canals. Last one was the hardest…I got worn out just with the sitting.

Thanks Hal, but I was awake at five a.m. so have had two cups already, so I had better pass on your offer.

Larry, this will give you a quick peek at our place, or more looking around if you are so inclined.   https://rowntreegardens.org/

Gloria, I took note of how I was laying when I woke up this morning and I was on my back. I think that is how I went to sleep, so perhaps I am sleeping quietly now. I hope.

Time to scoot downstairs for Bible Study.

Amy

I beat the rain :clap:

I mowed the grass front and back then hubby took me out for lunch .When I came home there was a lot of sweet talking done to the tiller Hal and by the hokey teddy bear it started on about the fourth pull!!The garden is now all tilled and I just love the look of the black velvety soil!

Larry, I too named my animals I hand milked a Jersey by the nail of Pansy...who gave birth to Buttercup.  Now the farmers have to tag all their animals, tags with the UPC codes on them Gov't is slowly squeezing out the small farmer . I miss my home grown chickens ,beef and lamb..

Jenny have a camera ready to take photos of Smokey and Lola. Bet you will get some good ones.

Gloria, that maintenance man sounds like a keeper.glad you have your fridge fixed,hope it stays that way..
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Carol and  Larry's Pat if your short on patterns here are a few :)

https://www.andoverfabrics.com/FreeQuiltPatterns.php

https://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/inspiration/free-downloads.html

And looking in recipes brings up a delightful list of patterns.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/

Enjoy
Jimmy Dean

Carol

Our wonderful (not) internet service was down for a few hours so we left the house and went for coffee in another area just to figure out the future appointments.  My calendar is on this laptop - I need to go back to a plain paper calendar hanging on the fridge!  The doc office forgot (again) to send in a script - so that will take an extra day or more to clear up their confusion.

However, it is fun to be watching the birds gathering twigs for their nests.  We have one huge evergreen in front that hosts a few nests.  The birds all seem to get along like good neighbors.

Don played cribbage here with 3 friends last night and one stayed on after I returned from a quilting group just to chat.  We have such a friendly neighborhood - so fortunate. 

Joan:  I must have missed it - when do you move?  Be sure and have the children wrap you carefully - perhaps, in bubble wrap?   8) 

Amy:  What was that I heard coming all the way from Canada?  You would have loved the quilting group last night.  My turn in two weeks - we have great treats and lots of fun. 

Oh, thank you - I'll take a look at the patterns right now.   

Shirley

I'm too tired to talk or type so will be back tonight to 'splain things.  Nothing serious, just more problems with the sprinkler system & "HOUSE" stuff.  I've chalked up 17 stairs & got cheated with that number, know it was more. :o   Those flights of steps are steep and long so am dragging.  FitBit tells me I have walked about 6,000 steps & 2 & 3/4 miles along with the stairs.   :dogrunning:   :happydance:

JoanFL

Gloria--Yes, I had to buy a hospital bed.  I won't take it--too expensive to ship.  I;ll get another in Alabama.

Removing the feeding tube was a bit more work than I thought it would be.  I went this morning and didn't get home until this afternoon.  I was  really tired, so took a nap.  The dressing has to be changed once or twice a day depending on ho much it weeps.  It's pretty sore, but should heal fast.  I leave for Alabama next Wednesday.