Random Image

Flag Ceremony

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 15, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, February 15, 2021, 12:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Night and sweet dreams everyone. I hope to get a good night's sleep and see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Denver

Good evening.  Just a quick hello as I check in on you all.

Bob and I received our second vaccine today and so far all is well.  Hope it stays that way!  We had a doozy of a snow storm last night receiving 14.5" according to the local news.  This amount certainly did help our moisture deficit.  The roads were not bad at all just a lot of splash back so kept having to spray the windows. 

Happy to read you will be getting your cataract surgery soon, SHIRLEY. 

Hoping you are just feeling like a cold coming on, SANDY, and not a real cold.  Feel better

APPRECIATE as always the nice supportive words and continued prayers for Michele, Amy, Shirley, Jane and Callie.  Trying to just pray for a successful treatment for her tomorrow. 

I did not sleep well last night, so I am headed off to get a better rest tonight.  Take care and be well.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning

No dancing this morning  :thumbup:

Will be off in a bit to get the day rolling..

Would like some chicken noodle soup so will fix that and put it on the back of the woodstove to cook.

Jenny, that is enough snow to play with!! Hope it was easy to remove. Good thoughts for Michele that all goes well
today.

Better get my duds on.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're up and attem around here.  Mickie decided that 6;15 was a good time to get up today and since she thought it might be a good idea to jump down off the side of the bed, I decided that it was a good time to get up, too, and give her a lift.  My bed is kind of high and the floor is a bit slippery.  I don't want any broken legs. 

We've tended to all the "necessaries" this morning and now we're waiting to Cooper to arrive around 9:30. 

I'm not sure what's on the agenda for today.  It's one of those days that I allow "things" to demand attention.  I have a book started to take up the slack and something to cook if I feel like it. 

The chili was very good for supper last night and Frankie took a meal home with her.  If I get a good report from her, she'll get another meal's worth today.  And since you all turned down the pumpkin pie, I finished it for my dessert last night. 

JENNY, my prayers are with Michele today and I also want to thank you for keeping the snow in the mountains with you and not sending any more of it East.

I'm getting the stuff tomorrow for the bean soup and that's on next week's agenda. 

I think I might collect the throw rugs and wash them today.  And that means it would be a good time to swiffer the floors. 

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

We've lost our sun again.  Back to a cloudy, dreary morning with rain coming in this afternoon.  Supposed to be that way all weekend and into next week.  :(  I have my second shot on Monday and had hoped for good weather for that long drive through Raleigh.  I'm hearing stories that the second shot has a little more of an effect.  I hope that it isn't too much.

Your chili sounds so good, Jane, and I have some ground beef in the freezer so I think I'll get it out and make a start on a pot of chili....with beans.  That's the way we like it....and lots of chili powder.  Everyone in our house has always liked beans of all kinds.  I got a pkg. of red lentils in my grocery order yesterday and was thinking lentil soup but chili sounds better.

I'm wondering if Gloria is home from the rehab. center.  Hope she is doing well and that we will hear from her soon.  Also, keeping Michelle in my thoughts and prayers.

As soon as your cataract surgery is over, Shirley, you will wonder why you didn't have it done sooner.  It makes a huge difference and I know it will go well for you.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. sun is shining very bright here in Mo. this morning. Is 48º
phyllis where do you live, in town or country, and state ? we live rural route Holden Mo. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Denver

Good evening....

My arm is a bit sore from my Covid Vaccine yesterday.  I have a raised red bump that is very itchy, other than that we are both fine and thankful to have this behind us. 

I wish you all a good night.  Did you notice we have nearly another full moon tonight?  Seems we just had one😘

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Not much action in here yesterday!  Everyone must be very busy.  I'm off to tend to chores that are hollering for attention.  I'll try to get back later.

JENNY, I'm glad to hear that Michele's last treatment was successful and that they have chosen to attack the cells again in the same way.  I'm sorry that she has to suffer all the pain and discomfort and I pray that this new treatment will be successful and that the next treatment on her back will be successful.

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Amy

Good morning..

Went to bed with a lovely full moon in the sky and woke to snow falling. Weather folks said either snow or rain today and I for one am thankful it is snow!

Laundry and baking are on the agenda and washing floors! Thought I would get the floor washing done yesterday but
ran out of steam.

Jenny, that sounds like hope if they do the gamma knife again.

Jane , we like our chili with beans also.

Phyllis, I have passed your bean soup recipe on to a lot of folks.

Better get ready to meet the day..

Enjoy your day and stay safe
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

I live in Cary, North Carolina, Lloyd.  Cary has a population of about 160,000-180,000 and we are just next door west of Raleigh, which is North Carolina's state capital.  This is a big, busy area of North Carolina that is growing all the time.  The 5 county area around Raleigh has a population of approximately  2,726,000 or more.  Probably closer to 3 million now.

Cloudy today but not raining.  And warmer.  I won't complain.

We had the chili last night and it was very good.  Thanks for the idea, Jane.

I wish Michelle and Dave could have some good news for a change.  Still keeping them and you and Bob in my prayers, Jenny.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Tomereader1

Thank you, Amy, for posting the Nana song.  I love her!  I had two of her CD's, and haven't been able to find either one of them.  A mystery, indeed?

Lloyd Hammond

Good Mid day everyone. well I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, but when I did I had a good sleep.7.5 hours according the tattle tail. the weather guesser Is all wet it says 44º and cloudy. But it is bright sun and not a cloud in sight. I feel pretty good. see you all Later.

Lloyd

Denver

AMY, I neglected to comment on how easy it is for us to deal with these big snow storms...we just watch the snow removal team take care of it...it is a part of our monthly HOA fees!  They do not always do the best job, but I try to close my eyes and just remember what a good job I used to do when I did have to do it! Hahaha. When we got ready to go to our Covid Vaccine appointment the drive was cleared but a huge stack of snow was at the end, so Bob had to go knock it down so we could safely get out!  They eventually came back and plowed it more. 
🦋 Jenny

Shirley

Quick note from Regina, I was worried since Gloria was supposed to go home the end of this week. Here's what happened... "Sadly mom has not been able to go home. The c-Papp has come back. But they caught it really quick this time and hopefully it will only be a short time longer and she'll be able to go home. Tho she's kind of worried of staying alone for the first week or so. Not sure how it will all work out."   Hopefully this will work out so she can manage like Lloyd does.

I'm working on getting my BP down so the Dr will do the cataract surgery. Naturally being a week end no way to catch up with the doctors. Willing to try another med & need to get started fast. It isn't going to go down without pills this time, so going to yell "UNCLE".  I can get it down with Bayer 325 aspirin but can't take them with eye surgery. Without aspirin it's over 200 over 80s but can knock it down within an hour with aspirin. Side effects awful with BP med.

Hugs & prayers for all in need. Sweet dreams.... Love ya, Shirley

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  Got a lot done...after my neighbor came over and jumped my motor on the car.  I can't believe it wouldn't start.  I couldn't get to the recycling so when Cathy brought my stuff from WM she took the recycling.  I was just going to wait until the next time but she insisted.

The toilet has been a bit sluggish lately so I did a natural unclogging and it worked.  I'm going to do it once a week as the guy on line suggested. 

Now I'm ready for the haystack.  We had a bit of snow this morning then it turned to rain and then stopped.  We're supposed to get rain most of the day tomorrow.  That will remove a lot more of the snow accumulation.  Maybe Spring is out there somewhere!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free, snow-free, sunshiny tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one.

Sandy

Shirley ..

Regarding your BP...  Are  you careful
about the amount of sodium that you eat?   

I only asked because I recently we on a real
low sodium diet and my BP has dropped
significantly ... 

Of couse that meant that I had to give up
everything that I was eating,  and eat only
fresh fruit and vegetables,  chicken and fish. 

Hold the condoments  and salt. 
(unless they are sodium free) .. 

Which can be found.  I gave a whole
pantry full of cans of food that
had a lot of sodium in it.   

I am so weak that I had to clean out
my apartment for everything that contained
too much sodium.      Live and learn!

My weight dropped about 6 pounds and my bp
went way down...  and I feel better and
can breath better... 

My heart really likes it eating a heart healthy
diet...  But sadly I had to say good bye
to the foods that I chose to eat before
restricting soduium in  my diet.   

Good luck with you cataract surgery...
I had my one good eye done and it is remarkable
how much better I can see.  I only need a
little help now with reading and computer
work..  Distance,  I can see fine.   

Good luck,  Sandy 
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

I know, Sandy, having just sympathized with you about giving up sodium .... I really could give up chocolate much easier.  For sure I need to not just cut back, my salt shaker gets refilled constantly and I always have bags of chips of all kind to munch. I just figured as much as I craved it I must NEED it. Wrong!!  You are much stronger than I am.... but I did quit smoking back in the day, with no slip backs. This is crunch time if I want that eye surgery so will do whatever it takes. I really did forget about the salt & was only thinking pills & some kind of "cocktail" (vinegar, beet juice, etc) that my son-in-law drinks when his goes up & he also doesn't want to depend on pills if he can manage "naturally". Thanks for the reminder, I did forget & that is a big/major problem for me!

Amy

Good morning.

No new snow today but the snow from yesterday is still in the driveway. I did get some removed but then it was just too heavy(wet) to move. I hope it is drier this morning and I can clean up the snow.

Shirley, thank you for the news on Gloria. I hope she gets to come home soon. We have PSW's  (personal support workers) here and they will come into the home  to help,hope she has something like that to help. I know Yvette has been a God send for her too.

Tome, I also have her cds and enjoy them. Glad you liked the music and hope you find her cds'

Jenny, would like your workers to help here! I must deal with this snow today and I do hope it is easier to move today as my muscles are telling me  they are here.

Sandy, salt is the culprit for sure but so tasty on items! Growing up we didn't have a lot of store bought snacks and now that we can afford them our body is saying no no no. :tickedoff:

Lloyd, hope you had another good nights rest..

Better get ready for the dance.

Enjoy your day and stay safe..
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Well, Sandy, after a night-mare of thinking about the loss of salt, I decided "just a tad" on a hard boiled egg wouldn't matter. I eat something so my aspirin doesn't cause an uproar on an empty stomach, before going to church & then on to breakfast with how ever many family members show up. Today, (to go because of COVID) I settled for an apple fritter 'cause I don't put SALT on them!  Okay, I will give up, but taking some mental adjusting, for sure. You did get my attention, and thank you (I think). My brain is running amuck, soon as I put that BP cuff on I can feel it raising in my ears. Staying over 200 without an aspirin so scares me to think this could cause me to NOT get the cataract surgery over with, I hate things dragging out.

Sorry, folks, I am being a basket case about this... NOT afraid of pain or even the surgery, but what the medications they inject will do. Should any medication go wrong they don't have the option to give me something to counter the effect because I've proven to be allergic to the 2 meds used for that. Scary for me & also the doctors & anesthesiologist, kind of ties their hands. I am rambling... yes, I am.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's been a busy morning so far and after lunch Cathy is coming over to go over some insurance papers with me.  I told her I think insurance was invented to confuse the elderly!  He answer? "It confuses me too. but I have Lyn to help me out!"  Cathy works in the local Agency on Aging office and Lyn is the gal in there who attempts to help old people understand insurance.  Thank God for Lyn!

SHIRLEY, I sent you an email.  Did you get it or is it floating around out there in space?

I better go get my lunch eaten before Cathy shows up.  I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

JaneS

P.S. It's raining here!  No snow!  Is that a sign of Spring?

patricia19

Shirley, I'm allergic to certain foods, and last December had to go through the same type of cleanout Sandy's done. Yes, it's hard at first, but the benefits are amazing! Not only that but once your salt addiction is lessened, food tastes wonderful!  I also have adverse reactions to meds, such as I will wake up under anesthesia. Aspirin makes my heart race, so I use Tylendal if needed. There is a name for this, paradoxical effect and it's actually widespread. It sounds as if you have a version too.

Tomereader1

Shirley, I don't think I've ever heard of taking an aspirin for your blood pressure?
To keep your blood flowing well thru your arteries, yes.  I discovered something at the drugstore:  BPH - Blood Pressure Health, which is a drug free Blood Pressure Support.  It is a beet formula, much like what your son-in-law uses.  You take 2 caplets with water, twice a day.  That might help you.  I started using a low-salt regimen, back when my hubby had his initial heart attack.  Never added salt to anything I cooked, and gently salted at the table.  Got to where I never really needed to add it. 

I have a dear friend & neighbor whose BP runs sky-high.  They've put her on BP meds, but they don't seem to work for her.  Now, as far as diet, she is allergic to practically everything and especially processed foods, but doesn't add salt, or use it on the foods she can eat. 

I am sorry you have such a multitude of problems and are worried about the upcoming eye surgery.  I think your having consumed such a great deal of salt earlier on (McDonald's biscuit/sausage w/gravy, et. LOL) makes everything seem tasteless to you now.  But, you have to do, what you have to do!

Good luck with it all, and I will remember you especially in my prayers.

Joanne

Amy

The snow has been cleaned up and not without a fight! :knuppel2:  Gosh the wet snow in certain places made sure one earned their keep!! Now the snow has stopped and rain has taken ver.....not much  just a light drizzle.

Jane, twice now I have heard the crows calling here today...they were gone all winter other than a fly by but nothing from the ones I fed last winter. When we were at the dump on Fri, I notice crows...um..chasing each other :-[ not something that was noticed all winter....I think Spring is on its way!!

We both are tuckered  this evening and I am certain bed time will be early. Kyle made "tops" for the trugs and today we put the long top on the trug.

Ok, where is Lloyd???
Jimmy Dean

Cottoncandy

Shirley I sent you a message on your email...CC

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  As Cathy and I went over all the insurance plans that Lyn had printed out for us, my mind got "blurrier" and "blurrier".  And when we were close to a decision, I was making mental notes of all the phone calls I'd have to make, opening one more plan and cancelling 3 and not looking forward to it.  Than Cathy started gathering up the papers and she said, "Lyn said this will take until April 1 and then it will be active.  She's going to start calling all these people this week".  I perked up!  I didn't have to make the calls!  Lyn would do it!  I think I'll adopt her!

The rest of the day I just did stuff around here that jumped out in my way....a load of laundry, some swiffering, put the dishes away from the dishwasher, made dog food, odds and ends.  Now I'm heading for the haystack.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free, snow-free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Denver

GOOD NIGHT EVERYFRIEND......sleep well. 
🦋 Jenny

so_P_bubble