Random Image

Mama Callie

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:49:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 31

Started by JoanFL, July 31, 2016, 04:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Jenny--Sorry you had such a rough flight.  I know you are glad to be there with your Dad.  Too bad he isn't feeling well.  Enjoy every minute of your time with him.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

June Drabek

Goodnight all, and God Bless....I am falling asleep in my chair. Love , hugs and Prayers. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny, good morning, I know how precious to you this meet up with your father means.......and I guess a surprise visit for him, which came out the blue......You know in your heart that this visit could be your last, let us pray that it isn't but......you are there with him now, that is what makes all the difference....

Later today I have my Gynaecologist appointment, judging by my letter this isn't going to be for the CT scan, I can only assume a separate follow up appointment will be made for that......no wonder our NHS is in such a financial crisis... ::)
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good Friday morning, Everyfriend.   There's breakfast crepes to accompany your coffee or tea. Make it a good day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Words Not Yet In The Dictionary (2 of 2)

ELBONICS (el bon' iks) n. The actions of two people maneuvering for one armrest in a movie theater.

ELECELLERATION (el a cel er ay' shun) n. The mistaken notion that the more you press an elevator button the faster it will arrive.

FRUST (frust) n. The small line of debris that refuses to be swept onto the dust pan and keeps backing a person across the room until he finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug.

LACTOMANGULATION (lak' to man gyu lay' shun) n. Manhandling the "open here"
spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort to the 'illegal'
side.

NEONPHANCY (ne on' fan see) n. A fluorescent light bulb struggling to come to life.

PEPPIER (pehp ee ay') n. The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose sole purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want ground pepper.

PETONIC (peh ton' ik) adj. One who is embarrassed to undress in front of a household pet.

PHONESIA (fo nee' zhuh) n. The affliction of dialing a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer.

PUPKUS (pup' kus) n. The moist residue left on a window after a dog presses its nose to it.

TELECRASTINATION (tel e kras tin ay' shun) n. The act of always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you're only six inches away.

Food For Thought

We Love Because He First Loved Us
(By Francis Frangipane)

Do you love Jesus Christ? Is there a part of your heart that not only intellectually accepts Christ's death for you, but actually loves Him for the price He paid?

Do you love His word and appreciate the many times He's rescued you from difficulties and battles, many caused by your own sin or foolishness? Do you love how He accepts you unconditionally when you turn to Him? He has forgiven every sin you have ever committed. How can you not love Him?

For too many people, knowing Jesus goes no deeper than agreeing to the historical fact of His existence. However, loving Him is a distant, almost unnatural reality for them. They take His name in vain or anger and, incredibly, use it as a curse. However, when you say the name of Jesus, its very sound calms the troubling in your heart. They mock His righteousness and delight in lawlessness. Yet, you love righteousness, even if you fall short of your own spiritual aspirations.

The fact that you possess love for Christ, even if your love is imperfect, proves something vital about you. The very existence of your love has been cultivated and awakened by God's love for you. The living Christ has actually approached you and revealed Himself to you. As it is written, "We love, because He first loved us" (I John 4:19).

Today, Christians argue about doctrines and divide over eschatologies. Yet, let us look at the deeper issue: do we each love Jesus Christ? If so, our love for Him is the result of His love for us. You see, the proof that we truly know Jesus Christ is not measured by the degrees we post on a wall, but the degree of love for Him that burns in our hearts.

Do you love Him? If so, it is because your love is a response to the relentless warmth of God's love for you. His love has proven itself irresistible. He says, "You did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Again, He says that "No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him" (John 6:44). Even our coming to Him is a product of His love for us.

When I say, "I love You Jesus," it is because at some point, long before I knew Him, before I could discern His voice or recognize His influence in my life, His love was drawing me to His heart. Yes, I know I am not worthy, but still Christ loved me.

Never wonder if God loves you. Rather, look at your heart. Do you love Him? If so, your love for Him is proof of His love for you. We love, because He first loved us.

Prayer: "Heavenly Father, help us to pause, to absorb into our consciousness the impact of Your purposed love for us. Let this wondrous love influence everything we think and all that we do and become: I am my Beloved's and He is mine. You banner over me is love. Let my life be flavored by Your unfailing mercy until, with all my heart, I love You, even as You have loved me."

Thought of the Day

You are loved.

--Author Unknown

:smitten:

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and about and I need to get in and out of the shower pretty soon because I need to get Beverly up and started so she's ready when her sister comes to pick her up.  She's going to be dropped at her sister's hair dresser and then her sister will pick her up and spend some time with her at her house.  So I have a day off.  She'll be back this evening. 

We decided not to go to the concert last night because there was no one else to go with us.  And I wasn't up to being responsible for Beverly's well being.  So we had a leisurely dinner and then went out for ice cream. 

Thanks to everyone for the kind words but I'm not doing anything special here.  I'm just doing what needs to be done so I can enjoy a visit with a friend.  I think her sister feels bad for not being able to have her at her home so she comes by to try to help her with whatever she needs.  She works as a caregiver so she knows what to do and she appreciates what I do.  That makes it nice.

I have to get my shower and ge out of the way so she can be ready when Kay comes.  And then I'll be off to WM to greet my public.  I hope you all have a lovely day.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday turned out different,we went gallivanting to find paint for dh vehicle. Our store here was out of it and we ended up on a road trip to another town. Along the way I found the quilting store that had move from this area. On came the brakes and I turned around and had a short visit with the lady.. :thumbup: Nice to see her again.

Today we have friends coming and he is going to spot paint a few bubbles on dh vehicle. He does excellent work and when he is done you won't find the spots! Easier to keep the vehicle in good shape ,than to let these  marks grow! His wife and I will enjoy a visit.

Still praying for rain here, fields are burnt up and I hope we get rain before winter sets in or a lot of folks will be without water.

Jane, have a great day at work.

Jackie, good morning .

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  Nice you have a day off while Beverly spends the day with her sister.  Good you could help with Beverly's needs so you and she could have a visit.  Too bad you had to miss the concert last night, but at least you went out for ice cream.  I hope everyone in your line at WM today is wearing a smile.

Amy--Good morning.  You are good at "sniffing out" quilting stores. :)  Glad you found the paint for your husband's vehicle and have a friend to do the spot painting.  We had rain for about 20 min. yesterday--no measurable amount according to the local weatherman.

I have to go see my cardiologist later this morning.  Sure hope he's not running late.

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan, Amy, Jane S, good morning, or guess i should now say, good afternoon....

Joan, good luck seeing your cardiologist, I soon will be leaving to go see my Gynaecologist, lets just hope my appointment name is in their book.....

JoanFL

Good morning/Good afternoon Vanilla-Jackie.  Thanks.  I sure hope your name is on the Gyn's book.  Good luck.

larryhanna

Hi everyone on what is expected to be a cloudy day with the temperature staying in the high 80's. 

I have an appointment with my cardiologist at 10 am to learn the results of the recent tests I had done.  Then will rush home as get Pat to take her back to the chiropractor for her first real treatment.  Yesterday was the initial visit and he didn't want to begin treating her until there were x-rays available.  So he sent us to an Urgent Care facility where she had the x-rays done.  I have taken care of the outside watering and fixed our breakfasts.  I did get the washing caught up yesterday and managed to get us an easy supper.  Today we will pick up a big lunch while we are out and then will just have a light dinner tonight so no more cooking.

June, sometimes we just have to do what we have to do.  I plan on a less stressful day today than the last two or three have been.  Pat can tend to her personal needs and we are doing OK so don't really need the extra help.  With the housekeeper and the yardmen all of the really hard work is being done by others.  I am just not used to cooking and doing the laundry.  Pat is also following a special diet and there are many foods she is staying away from which makes planning the meals a bit difficult.  However, thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate them. 

Patricia, thanks for your kind comment about wisdom, strength and acuity.  I don't think I deserve such accolades but gratefully accept them. 

Joan, nice to see your got some rain yesterday.  This must be the day for seeing cardiologists.

Jackie, I didn't feel up to going to the concert last night as well as not wanting to go off and leave Pat here for a couple of hours.  Thanks for the length and I can tell I missed a great concert.  They had played at our church several years ago and folks were commenting about how enjoyable they were.  Thanks for the link as I enjoyed listening to it.  I like an occasional Christmas song all year long.

Jenny, glad you had a safe, if bumpy, trip to see your Dad.  Maybe your visit will be a boost to his spirits if he is not feeling well. 

JoanFL

Good morning, Larry.  My appointment with my cardiologist is just to check my a-fib.  I hope you get a good report from yours.  Also hope the chiropractor can alleviate Pat's intense pain.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like this will be the end of our dry days around here. Humidity coming back overnight. On the news they finally recognized that this part of the state is in a drought and said folks should stop watering lawns. This town is pretty lucky because we have artesian wells for our water. Still no excuse to waste it.

CALLIE  like you I like fresh air coming in to make my home air out. If I have the AC going all the time, in the morning I shut it off and open windows if only for half an hour. Like to do that in the winter, too, for a short time in the mornings.

JOAN  Guess I am spoiled living in the area I do. Lot of farms, small compared to other parts of the country, but many of them sell their crops to the locals. The growing season is short here so they do have to sell all they can before it rots on them. One reason why many orchards make apple cider at the end of the season.

JACKIE  hope today turns out better than yesterday.

JOAN  breakfast will be different this morning. Love the rest of those new words. Good Food for Thought. Thank you for today's goodies.

JANE  not everyone one would do for a friend like you are with Beverly.

JOAN  only good news from your cardiologist.

JACKIE  hope your Gyn takes time to listen to you.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone.

I was up and out fairly early, to Wal Mart to get a haircut.  The babershiop didn't open until 11.  I couldn't believe it.  Guess they remain open late.

JeanneP

Hal.  Did you know the the Hairdressers in Walmart's is owned by "BoRics" They are all over. My town has 4. Thing is Walmarts charge $2 more. The new hairdressers seem to switch around to Walmart but the good more experience ones work in the Borics shops. I use a young man in mine. Been there years and really good. BoRics also give $3 discounts to seniors. Don't know if at Walmarts they do. I have to cut mine every 3 weeks
JeanneP

Radioman34

Bubble is now settled in after a long sleep. Her children have gone off to see the CN Tower and other points of interest in Toronto while Bubble chose to stay back and relax. We chatted on Skype for a little over 3 hours, so we are all caught up for now but will chat again later. And tomorrow she'll be in London!

JoanFL

I was gone much longer than expected to my cardiologist's appointment.  The same game of "hurry up and wait'.

Gloria--Our HOA has turned  the sprinkler system off because the reclaimed water used for same is precariously low.  Cardiologist said to be vigilant, but right now I can stay on the same med.

halkel--Most salons here open at 9 a.m.

JeanneP--I didn't know that.

Radioman--I am sure you and Bubble are anxious for tomorrow when you will be together.  I didn't realize her children came with her.

Vanilla-Jackie

Don, that is a long journey for her, no wonder she needs time to rest and relax.....but the journey will be well worth it when she reaches her destination, you.....

Back from my hospital trip.....Good news, no need for another transvaginal ultrasound scan, nor no need for a CT scan, or another hysteroscopy....no biopsy taken...no cancer found.....The other news although not bad, was....after doing a thorough pelvis examination, he did find what maybe causing my bleed, although he didn't find any bleed today was, something called..." urethral mucosal prolapse ( caruncle )....that needs monitoring by my local GP, and if she thinks she then needs to refer me to the urology dept, which then they may delve further, or do a cystoscopy....Gyno could not tell me anything more other than this is not done through him, he was not qualified in this dept, but he did show me the computer diagram of my problem......Told, I can book GP app, in my own time......but otherwise all looks to be healthy inside as far as he is concerned........

JaneS

JeanneP...there are no Boricks around here.  And all the Wal-Marts I've ever worked in or shopped in had Smart Style Salons in them.  They are connected some way to WM because they give WalMart Associates a discount on services and products in their shops.  I've seen Smart Style in Maryland, PA (at least 12 stores), Texas, Ohio, Missouri, and several other states.  Maybe Boricks is just in your area?

I'm home alone.  Beverly is still with her sister who had today off work.  They were going to visit some old friends.  I think she plans to be back for supper and we are going to order pizza.

I think I'll go see if some of my lost zzzzs are hanging around on the couch waiting for me.  Have a nice afternoon...or whatever it is where you are.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Bis, I can certainly associate with the word, Lactomangulation, have been there and done that, actually took a knife to that sucker. I'd love to meet the person that put these words together, what a great sense of humor he/she has. The food for thought. It never ceases to make me ask, "are we so wicked, that it took the death of Jesus to turn us around ?" What a sad state this is for mankind. And even with the death of this perfect man, we are still so wicked as a mass of humanity, that young men are still sent off to die for us.

Janie, may God Bless you greatly for being the caring person you are. Going off to work will be a good change of pace for you. Keep well and strong dear

Larry, you are a hero in my book, but please remember what I was told. "What if you should get sick ?" To me it would be well if you could find reliable help to come in once a week just to do the laundry for you. Just so you would be familiar with the hiring of a care giver. Have you ever looked into a firm called "Home Instead" ?They do all sorts of care giving, and it would be a start.  From some place that has an operating business in care giving. Is your housekeeper young enough and strong enough to take on extra duties ? You really should have someone that has their own transportation. Now I will let you be, it just concerns me that you are not taking good enough care of yourself.

Gloria, we had artesian wells in my area of Mn. too, and that water was so pure and tasty.

Hal, your barber shop may remain open later for the working crowd. Good thing you have a Walmart, but I guess most cities do now.

Don, thanks for the update on our Bubble. She is going to be tired from all that traveling, but I hope she finds her trip all and more than she expected. Has she been in the U.S. or Canada before ?

I am taking the day off. Just don't feel up to par, so I will stay home for the day, and enjoy the leisure.

Jackie, At least you have some answers now, and though it may not be really Good News, at least you are aware of why, and what to do for the present problem.

JoanFL

Vanilla-Jackie.  I'd say you got all good news at your appointment today.

Janie--Ordering a pizza will be an easy supper.  I found my zzz's earlier and slept for about 1/2  an hour.

June--Glad you liked those words. :)  My friend across the street using Home Instead, and is satisfied with their services.  Sorry you're not feeling up to par today.

Vanilla-Jackie

Yes I am pleased with the today's news...I might well just...." let sleeping dogs lie..."... In other words, leave well alone,.... leave things as it is....

Joan, well at least my appointment went ahead...

JoanFL

Vanilla-Jackie--And "that's a good thing".

Mary Ann

Don, I'm glad Bubble made the trip OK and I'm happy her family came with her.  It will be a happy reunion for all of you.

Jackie, good new for you.  Now you can relax a bit.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

As long as that word " cancer " is ruled out.....it brings a sigh of relief....

angelface555

I know Bubble was in San Franciso for a time, so now she will be able to know a small taste of the east coast.

Jackie, it is always better to know than to wonder.

June Drabek

Bis, I'm glad I just staying home today. It is so easy to get involved in the many programs they have and that I enjoy, but there comes a time when the body says, "I am tired.Give me a break". So I am doing just that. I have plenty of food on hand, so there is no need to leave the apartment. My house keeper has been here twice. Early to give me clean linens on bed and bath, and just a bit ago she was here to give the bathroom the weekly cleaning. and a hug, so unless I decide to sneak down to the mail room on the first floor later this evening, I am "at home".

I really love my place here. I am surrounded by lovely pictures of my family, and their beautiful art work. It is quiet and peaceful, but a turn of the head and I can view so much of the downstairs gardens, people strolling around for the air and sunshine, sitting on the many benches or gliders, the patio dining room is just a glance away, and the care givers are in and out with the carts of the diners, so one never feels alone. I cannot ask for more. And then the friendship of all of you on my computer....what a blessing you are. And for relaxation I have my current books from our extensive library off the club house area, and I usually check out three at a time, as I am an avid reader. And then there are all the games on the computer. My favorite is Freecell, but I have a variety bookmarked. Plus the emails from friends and relatives. Life is Good.

Radioman34

June I think Bubble has been to the U.S.A. twice, both times for surgery to alleviate the paralysis caused by polio. She has never been to Canada, although her daughter has. As a matter of fact her daughter stayed with our departed friend Eloise

Vanilla-Jackie

Junedrabek, you are wise..... I am a firm believer in " listening to our own body..." because no one else can....

June Drabek

Don, thank you for the info on Bubbles' visits to this area of the world. She is a wonderful woman and does not let her disabilities keep her from stepping out and "doing". Too many of us, including myself, are not nearly as brave and willing to reach out as our Bubble is. Some of us just sit back and live vicariously though the lives of others. I admire her so very, very much.

Jackie, you said it all. No one else, with all the tests and miracle machines we have now, only we, with God, know what our greatest needs are. Thanks be to God for sharing it all with us.

Shirley

Don, I'm glad to hear you mention Eloise...... we e-mailed back & forth quite a bit.  At one time I sent her copies of some letters in "old French" that she translated for me.... exact same translation my brother had from a friend about the same time. I copied photos of the bash held by her (at least think she was the leader), & put them on a disc & mailed her, along with a couple gifts for translating for me.  Her daughter looks so much like my niece I would not have been able to tell their photos apart.  Seemed like Eloise went down hill very fast.  A hug to Bubble for me (okay, one excuse as good as another to hug her, huh?)   ;)

Another hot & humid day, #1 son was here to start the Allis Chalmer riding mower my husband wanted him to have.  I bought a new battery for it that he put in today, buying the 2 new rear tires for it... more expensive than some car tires I've bought over the years!  He will love it when he gets it to his house.  It it so much better than the John Deere, has the grass/leaf catcher & tiller that goes with it.  My husband wanted one that mulched so first bought a Sears one that the neighbor thought he might have used a month (gr-daughter using it this summer)..... and bought the John Deere & was happy with it, but claimed it didn't cut the grass as neat as the Allis.  At first son didn't want the Allis so I told him "we could clean up to sell & divide the money between the 3 kids".... I saw one at an estate sale for $5,000 & it didn't have all the extra equipment this one does.  He started singing another tune fast.... :winkie:

Well, wishing everyone a nice week end, can you believe tomorrow is Sat. AGAIN???