Random Image

keani

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 HAPPY FLAG DAY TO ALL 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

ANOTHER great day in Arizona❣️ I am so pleased with how well my Daddy is doing❣️  I am believing he is just happy to have us here, and I know I am sure happy to be here with him.  I am so blessed to be with him on Fathers Day this year💞

MARILYNE, Megan and Mark picked out three homes for Mark to look at in SACTO, and the one he chose was their favorite one, so the decision was quite easy for him to choose.  With all the pic on the internet you can easily see details these days, so just not that big of a deal I guess🙀🙀😻

BEVERLY, I, am exactly the same these days, as I have to think and rethink many times over before I could ever decide🤣

HAPPY 🦋 HAPPY for you continuing to do so well, LARRY😻. I love reading your newsy posts.

PATRICIA, thank you for sharing the Key West link.  I really enjoyed it. 

Bob worked on the stocks nearly all day and it was a real crazy mess.  It appears every thing is lined up now BUT he could not get them to fax or email the documents, they had to be snail mailed and we will be back in Colorado when they finally arrive🙀

Pleasant dreams to ALL,

Jenn

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a most beautiful morning. I am almost afraid to start writing this morning as it is going to be hard to stop with the elation I am feeling. For the first night, in many nights, I probably slept around 8 hours. If I got up to sit on the side of the bed or use the facilities I don't recall it. The fluid retention is way down and I can now actually feel the bones in my legs and feet. There is still a ways to go but am now down to 173 pounds from the 215. I know that has to be much better on my heart. The nurse assured me yesterday that as long as my oxygen stays up in the high 90's, which it seems to do, I really don't need to use the oxygen but have it in case I start having pain or a lot of shortness of breath. This is a big relief and perhaps why I slept so good last night.

I attribute my good night to the new comforter that Pat bought for me at Walmart yesterday. It is a pretty dark blue on one side and a pretty wine color on the other, is very light weight but warm and doesn't hand down to the floor like the bedspread for the double sized bed I had tried to use. The amazing thing is that it cost less than $20 and getting it in the store let Pat see exactly what she was buying rather than trying to get it out of a catalog and waiting a couple of days and then perhaps needing to return it.

Yesterday was probably one of the worst days I have had for a long time as didn't feel at all well and spent almost all day in bed. I was concerned my health had taken a serious down turn but now know it was just a result of pushing a little too hard on my outing the other day. I will probably settle for the transport chair in the future and use the walker and walking for here in the house.

I finished up the paperwork on the return of one of the ramps this morning when the tracking info became available. Scott still has the other, bigger ramp, in his car and the local UPS contract station said the package was too big for them and he needed to take it to the actual UPS shipping facility, which is probably 25 minutes from here.

I am taking things so leisurely today that I spent about 2 hours getting up and dressed and then out to the kitchen for breakfast. While there I folded up a basket of kitchen linens for Pat. They are in a small clothes basket that sits on one of our dining room chairs and I can sit on the Rollator beside the table and fold at a leisurely pace. I am happy to be able to do something to help Pat and it lets me feel like I have accomplished something for the day.

I know I am late getting here this morning but starting the day around 6 am rather than 1 or 2 am sure makes a difference.

There is nothing on the schedule for today unless friends drop by for a visit. I think Pat and I are once again ready for a nice quiet weekend of relaxation and rest.

Mary Ann, I am a very happy person and have to hunt a lot to find even something small to complain about. God has blessed me with such a wonderful family, personal and cyber friends and a Church family that is close and cares for each other. I have nothing to be unhappy about and when this journey is over I believe I know where I am headed and that is a pretty exciting thing. I did have the thought yesterday that after all the effort in planning and then getting my "man cave" fixed as I wanted it I sure hope I get to stay around quite awhile to enjoy it.

Joy, with this house and not going outside, the temperature stays about the same regardless of how hot or cold it is outside. In fact my room is nice and warm, the way I like it, and it seems the rest of the house is cold, the way Pat likes it. I am going to have to dial back a bit on my plans to get out for awhile. However, I will be planning on some things, mainly only one thing per trip, in the future. Hard to believe that tomorrow is Father's Day. All I want from my son is that big old hug.

Marilyne, glad you are getting a few days of cooler weather as that was mighty hot all of a sudden out your way. I picked out our house over the Internet. Of course, Pat and I made a trip here to North Augusta to see it in person but I knew pretty well this would be the one. There wasn't much to choose from as not much being built and I knew I wanted a new home with a HOA to take care of things outside.

Beverly, I think I might just called Apple for assistance as they would probably be able to quickly give the help Chape needs. I am looking forward to talking with you on Facetime when you can hear me. Afterall, I might say something important you wouldn't want to miss because of the low volume. (Tongue in check of course).

Jenny, I know it is special for you to be able to be with your Dad on Father's Day and to see how well he is doing. Does he like the lift chair? I am glad Mark and Megan are savvy on the Internet. I found the pictures of the homes and rooms sometimes can distort the actual sizes and that is why it is good to have at least one of the couple visit and physically see the property.

Marilyne

Hi Larry - I'm happy to see that your health has improved so rapidly!  That Lasix, sounds like a miracle drug, when a person has heart problems, and is retaining way too much water!  Wonderful that it's worked well for you, and that you're feeling much better.  I meant to tell you that my "pillow problem" was solved, and I never had to do any shopping at all!  Costco to the rescue!!  AJ went to Costco on Thursday afternoon, and looked at the pillow package that was advertised in their monthly brochure.  It was for two BeautyRest pillows.  I must say, that I'm very pleased.  I've slept with one for the past couple of nights, and I like it a lot.  I'm very hard to please when it comes to pillows, and this is the best one I've had in a long time. 

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, our oldest daughter and granddaughter are arriving today, and will stay until Monday morning.  When they come, they always bring one of their two cats, so I'm also looking looking forward to having a friendly feline around the house for a few days. Mornings are always my best time of the day, but today is not so good for me?   I hope I snap out of it, and start getting back to the "new normal?, before they arrive.

Sandy

Good Afternoon Every One...
from the especially beautiful day here
on the rocky coast of Maine... 

And it just started outside my
Windows to the world....
Portland Maine biggest parade of the Year
celebrating Gay Pride... 

It is gigantic as it has become every
year here....

Great day for a celebration and parade.

Sandy
 :wave2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Patricia, I read a bit from each link and I was probably most interested in the permafrost article.  I did think permafrost was an "arctic" thing, but it seems to be universal and depends on how far down the ground is frozen permanently or semi-permanently. 

Today was shower and shampoo day and things went slow from there on.  Too much was going on on the computer - ships coming from both directions and ships in more than one port.  I had to dress, then eat breakfast and I choked on the grain in my cereal and that took a few minutes to control.  I'm fine now.  Men's golf is not on, at least I haven't found it.  The ladies are golfing at Blythfield CC which is a couple miles north of here.  And I don't watch them! 

Jenn, it is so good to hear about your dad and his being in a good mood now.  I am sure your presence has a lot to do with it.  At our age (95), we don't like to be too far from close family.  For me, Tom is here and Dot is a block away.  Tom's daughter is about five miles from here and his son is 40 miles away.  Others are too far away to help in an emergency.

Sandy, I am happy for you that the day is turning out to be a good one.  A cousin in Indy is gay and I'll bet he has taken part in any activities down there.

Marilyn, I hate to tell anyone that my pillows are several years old.  I know I bought them after I moved here, not recent, but not old, and I've always liked them.  They are foam pillows.  I can't say that pillows keep me from sleeping, but my brain working overtime does. 

I just asked Tom what plans he had for Father's Day and he said he had none.  I don't know what either of his kids are doing and I told him if nothing turned up, I'd take him out for a Father's Day meal.  Tom plans ahead but his kids do not.

Marilyn with her pillows and Larry with his comforter; good that the new purchases make both of you happy.  I have a sheet and blanket with another sheet on top of the blanket.  I'd have a quilt on top except for Kendrick.  I don't think he'd damage the quilt, but I don't want to take a chance because Jan made if for me for my birthday a few years ago.  The extra sheet is to protect the blanket and when he sleeps directly on the blanket, a lot of cat hair stays behind.  Tom said the last time he washed the blanket, he could not believe the cat hair in the filter of the dryer. 

Jenn, I want to get my stock/fund information together for Tom in the future.  He does know what I have and how to get the info but I want to put more info together so everything is in the same place.  'Taint easy!

Beverly, I think I'm done coughing from my cereal and probably by 3 pm I'll finish the sandwich from yesterday.  Sometime later I'll wonder what to have for supper.  The sandwich half will be filling so I won't have to have a big supper.

I'm sorry the link to Grand Haven down below is not more visible.  They are working on replacing the catwalk they took down a year or so ago.  I can tell some of the structure is up, but I know it is not complete for people to use.  If I am still around when it is complete, I will not use it because an old lady like me should not go up there.  But I did when I was a kid!!!

Mary Ann

Sandy

Mary Ann 
Here In Portland Maine,
Everyone is out enjoying the Pride Parade. 

Thousands of people come and watch it.
It is quite the phenominon... 

And as far as golf goes..
Today is the US Open from Pebble Beach
California.        It is a huge tournament. 

I love Pebble Beach, on the coast of
California,  South of San Francisco and North
of LA.    It is such a beautiful area... 
so I am enjoying the 3rd day of the
US OPEN...   

Good day all around. 

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

FlaJean

Mary Ann, the Pebble Beach Golf is on your local Fox channel whatever that happens to be.  We watched a little of it.

Today is a beautiful day but warm.  No one ever demonstrates in this little town so I was surprised to see a hundred or so people walking on the sidewalk of the main road this morning on my way to the library.  I realized it was Gay Pride Day when I saw several wrapped in the gay pride colors and someone carrying a Gay Pride flag.

Mary Ann

Jean, thank you for the information about golf being on the Fox channel.  I just saw your post and it is too late (or is it?  I'll look anyway).  I'll remember it Sunday afternoon but we will be at Annie's and her SO's so I know not what time we will be home. 

I suppose neither of Tom's kids think too much of doing things early and both are very busy during the week.  I could not understand why Tom had not heard from either of his kids regarding Father's Day and told him if he did not hear anything, I'd take him out to eat.  About 4 pm he left for Holland to see Mary and on the way there, he called to say we are going to Annie's tomorrow.  I'm surprised at both kids because they adore their father and would do most anything for him.  Anyway, my indignation has left!

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Patricia, I am a bit concerned about the Permafrost melting because of the Methane that may be released into the air when it melts.

"Live long and prosper", y'all.

What super viewing on the St. Clair River yesterday evening and this morning. Yesterday I watched John G. Munson make its regular stop at Marine City. There was a little extra added excitement as one of the small fishing boats lost its motor. The Munson stopped before it's slide into port, and the boatman was paddling furiously to keep from going into it. Soon enough, a boat came along to to the disabled boat away. The Munson waited until they were all cleared before proceeding to dock. This morning, I had the pleasure to see the Munson at Port Huron just before dawn. The city lights and the ship lights were still on. Then Munson headed out into Lake Huron as the pre-dawn orange rim on the horizon glowed. Spectacular!

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a beautiful Father's Day here in South Carolina. The birds are singing us a nice song. I have actually been checking in here everyday but for some reason couldn't find the sign in box. Obviously it was there as others were postings. Thanks Michael for finding me.

I have had probably the most unusual Father's Day morning, one I couldn't have scripted. I have been giving a lot of thought to some changes I want to make in some documentation as well as cleaning up my LastPass information and being sure what I have conforms with what Pat has. I think I have a handle on it. About three AM I was wide awake and decided to get up and work for awhile. When I picked up my phone I saw I had a message from Scott wanting to know if I was awake. I texted him back that I was and in a few minutes he came in the door to wish me Happy Father's Day and to sit and visit with me awhile. He has found the little device he thinks that will make my television blue tooth adaptable but his Mother has it and he didn't want to wake her. He told me I could go ahead and get it and he will install it Wednesday when he is out on his day off. When he gets home from work he always has to unwind a bit but by 4:30 when he left he was ready to get some sleep.

Yesterday he did get the final ramp to the UPS Depot and sent it back. It cost over $90 in shipping costs. I knew I had to pay the return shipping cost if I sent it back so am not complaining although I never thought it would be so costly. I got the UPS tracking number and emailed the necessary information to complete the matter. Sometime things just don't work out as we had hoped and the ramps were one of them. Now the Church group will build the ramp sometime in the middle of July and we can make due with care in getting into and out of the garage into the house.

I have dried a load of clothes that Pat had left in the washer, mainly my clothes, and hung them up. Also while fixing and eating my breakfast I washed up the dishes in the sink and emptied and put away the dishes Pat had washed last evening. She is going to do a special cleaning wash with something she has to clean a dishwasher. By the time I finished my breakfast my heart was signaling it was time to sit down and rest, which I pretty much expect to do for the rest of the day as I work on desk projects. My steps get smaller the more my heart wears down.

It looks like my last posting here in CP was around June 12 so quickly read over all the posting since then and see I don't need to add anything to today's posting. .

Marilyne

Wishing all fathers, husbands, sons, grandsons and nephews, a Happy Father's Day!  Larry, that includes you.  I think you're the only father who posts regularly in this folder? 

We're enjoying a nice visit with our older daughter and gr-daughter this weekend. Tonight we'll all be going out to dinner with our son and his family, and will be celebrating the two fathers - AJ and Brad.

Mary Ann - Hope you have a nice time at Annie's. I'm looking forward to hearing about what the rest of you will be doing today?   

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior where we are still in the same weather mode. Temperatures are in the mid to high seventies with thundershowers in the afternoon or late evening. Our new normal is not the best, but we persevere.

Speaking of that, MarsGal, your message left me feeling a bit as if something went over my head. "Patricia, I am a bit concerned about the Permafrost melting because of the Methane that may be released into the air when it melts.
"Live long and prosper," y'all."?

Larry, I'm so glad to see you're feeling better or if not, it isn't as bad with the help hospice offers.

I'm also wandering through my lists of cams each morning.

I hope every father or those taking a father's place have a wonderful father's day!

Mary Ann

Since we won't be eating until about 5 pm, Tom wondered if I wanted to go out to breakfast - I did!  We went to New Beginnings which is a very popular place but we usually are able to get a seat right away - and we did.  I have two eggs and rye toast with marmalade and decaf.  Tom had a Western omelet and whole wheat toast.  I usually give Tom money for any time we eat out because he doesn't have that much to spend and he has more places to spend it.  But I told him this was his Father's Day present.  If we had gone out to eat later, it would have been my treat but at a fancier place.

I found out James, Alicia and the girls will be with us.  I haven't seen the girls for several weeks.  Annie and her SO have a pitbull, Belvaderee, and the girls like her.  We always have an adult around, but if undisturbed, the dog is good.  They had another pitbull, Emma, who would run away so they had her put down.  The last time I saw her, she was in a cage because we had the door to the deck open.

Patricia, I wish we had your weather.  We are at 62 degrees now and the sky is overcast with a threat of light rain.  I wore a raincoat to church but I think I'll depend on my sweater this afternoon.  Sweater, top and slacks is my usual uniform. 

Marilyn, how nice that you can enjoy time with your daughter and granddaughter.  Have a good time with Brad later.  I told Tom I wished others of our family lived nearer and we could have a big family get-together.  With Geoff in California and Erin in Indps that isn't quite possible. 

Jan did get to CA a couple of weeks ago and showed me some pictures of that darling little Isaiah out there.  Geoff said they expect to be here in July so I'll see him then.  Isaiah's mother is Chinese and he looks very Chinese!

I think it is time for a nap!

Mary Ann

angelface555

MaryAnn, we are said to hit the eighties sometime next mid week, we'll see.

Mary Ann

Patricia, I think we'll be warmer later this week.  I thought the Weather Channel had said we'd be in the 70s all week, but it isn't starting out that way.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Patricia, the quote was from Mr. Spock on Star Trek. It was my comment on the Star Trek like formation on Mars. I am all for going to Mars, but it won't be in this lifetime.

Mary Ann

We just returned from Annie's where we had the family Father's Day celebration.  The girls were there and were so well behaved.  I do think the fact they have each other for company contributes to their good behavior.  James and Tom took care of the grill and Annie and Alicia fixed the vegetables to be put on the grill.  We had steak kabobs with various colored peppers and onions, diced potatoes, corn on the cob and ice cream.  I ate some of everything, especially the meat, corn and ice cream, but I did have some of the veggies and potatoes.  The temperature was 63 degrees and if the sun had shone, it would have been a perfect day, but the sun did not make an appearance, so it was a dreary day and we ate inside.

Mary Ann

Denver

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of the Dad's that are associated to our special group.  I hope everyone had a nice day.

It was a very special day here for my Dad and me.  I suppose we both felt like today might be the last Father's Day my Dad will have, but if not we will look forward to as many more that we might be given💗💗

I wish you all a good evening and a nice rest for all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

I am still here if I have been missed..No fathers day for me, I lost my father 31 years ago..Jenny you have been blessed...Only wish my father was still here, he would help me get back " home "  back home where I belong...That is where my family cemetery is, and Richards crematorium, next county..
" There is no present like the time "

Joy

Good morning.

I have missed a couple days.  I had a busy Saturday.  Spent the day with my son, grandson and 4 great-grand children.  We went to a nice produce place on a big farm. Lots of animals and  a nice playground for the children.  I got some good fresh produce.  Then, we went out for lunch and celebrated Addy's upcoming 7th birthday.  It is just so hard to believe that she will be 7 years old on Tuesday. She is a sweet little girl. All the children were so good and we really had a nice time.  I don't get to see them that often.

Jackie, it is always good to see your messages. It does sound like you are feeling a little better. I hope you will be able to get to the bereavement group and get to enjoy other's company.  I also hope that you will be able to make some decisions as to whether you will be able to get back to your home place.  It will just take some time.

Jenny, so happy that your dad is better. I am sure you enjoyed  being with him on Father's Day.

Mary Ann, sounds like you had a nice day with your family.  I know you enjoy being with the twins.  And, your dinner sounds delicious.  Sorry that the weather wasn't that great, but being all together made it worthwhile.

Just wanted to say good morning. Even if I didn't address everyone individually, you are all special and I hope you have a nice day.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi everyone on what looks like it will be a very nice day. It is suppose to get up to about 91 degrees this afternoon with only a small chance of showers.

I thought I was going to have a rough night last night but woke up this morning and realized I had gotten 4 or 5 hours of good sleep and since them had a another short nap at my desk. By 6 am I . dressed and had eaten my breakfast. I will be using my wheelchair to get around in the house today rather than trying to walk as the walking seems to bring on this chest pain. I also realize I am not really ready to leave the house unless necessary. 

I decided to do an interesting exercise this morning to see approximately what I had spent since going under Hospice to fix up my bedroom as I wanted it plus some other purchases like clothing. I found I have spent about $1,800 so far with probably another $1,000 spent by the time I get the ramp built in the garage. When I considered what I would have paid in co-pays for doctor visits and medicines, etc, I am still ahead of the game by a few hundred dollars. There are only three or four things left to be delivered and one of the big ones will be the carpet runner that is to be delivered today. This morning I ordered a keyed electronic deadbolt system for our front door that will allow 16 numbers to unlock the deadbolt and then at night there is a lock out feature where these numbers won't work. This way each of my family members can have there own code to get in as can some of the Hospice workers, if they want to bother. This along with my home security system should provide good protection as well as much less work going to the front door.

I am planning on having a FaceTime visit this afternoon with several men from my previous Church. They apparently know very little about computers or phones and think they are going to be very pleased to find out how easy making such calls can be and the hours of driving if they were to make the 5 hour round trip to visit me. 

Marilyne, I was able to enjoy my Father's Day time with my son early and then yesterday afternoon Elizabeth came over and picked up Scott's drill he has been leaving here. She stayed and visited with us for a nice long while. There aren't many of us men who post in the general discussions. In the Soda Shoppe we get Lloyd and Rollie and sometime mychiel and a couple of others. It is nice to enjoy special times out with family. It has been quite awhile since I have eaten out but realize I am still not up to it. I saw an ad for Olive Garden where the dish looked so good. We are going to have to check out the delivery services and see if they can deliver where we live. However, right now our refrigerator teems with many good things our friends have brought us to eat.

Patricia, having temps in the 70's does make for nice days even with some rain. I know I could feel so much worse as do not suffer other pains. However, I am having to recognize that I am not really as well as I would like to think and getting weaker. When people see me they almost always say you look so good and when I look in the mirror I understand but appearances can be very deceptive. What a blessing Hospice is being to me and my many friends.

Mary Ann, I hope you get the pleasure out of picking up the tab for your meals with Tom as I have over the years. It just seems like the thing to do and it gives me joy. We haven't been out as a family for several months and don't know whether that is going to be possible in the future. I forgot to mention above the Jennifer and Elizabeth plan on coming out to spend a couple of hours with us this afternoon. How special is that. I would be afraid to have a pit bull around little ones. That sounds like a nice meal and something special for a special day.

Jenny, I think we always wonder if we will see our parents or others who are well but have to remember we have no idea when this life may end. I notice my family seems to want to be with me more than times in the past. I appreciate it but as I just told Pat I do hope to be around for quite awhile. 

Jackie, of course you have been missed. Most of us who have lost our parents miss them. I remember driving away from the nursing home my folks were in Iowa to return to my home with tears in my eyes realizing I might never see them again alive. They managed to live to 80 and 81 as I recall.

Joy, that sounds like a very special day for your family.

Mary Ann

It's just past noon and I have had what I'll call my breakfast - a snack package of ham, cheese and almonds.  I didn't check the milk this morning to see how it smells but since it was a half gallon, I think it would be OK in the refrigerator.  I've had cereal for a few days and wanted a change.

When I started out my night and was wide awake, I thought it would be another of those nights when my brain was on overdrive, but looking back, I did wake up twice to go to the bathroom and went right back to sleep.  I remember Kendrick coming on my bed but I did not feel him leave, so I know I slept.  After I got up I was able to look at a couple of ships and I do not feel more tired than usual. 

I think your expenses in rearranging things for your convenience and comfort in your "man cave" are not too great, especially when you compare the amount with what you would have spent in doctors' fees, Larry.  I sometimes want to get a small washer/dryer combo for my bathroom but I know it would require remodeling the bath and an adjacent closet and would cost a lot.  Since I have a live-in "launderer" I'll leave things as they are, but it is sometimes two weeks between the time I put the laundry out and when I get it back.  Tom is a busy person and my laundry is not a priority!

I was so happy to see the twins yesterday.  They are not identical but they do look much alike.  Johanna has a sly smile and Eleanor has a broad grin.  But point a camera at them, and they both smile widely and say "cheese".  I should have the sound on when I take their pictures! 

I wish we had some of your warmth, Larry, because it is going to be in the 60s again today and it will be overcast with no sun.  I don't know if it will rain or not.

I missed all of the men's golf yesterday but I had more fun.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Shelley and Claire left about an hour ago, and it seems very quiet around here now.  Not that they're noisy, (Claire rarely says a word), but having two more people staying here for a couple of days, seems like a crowd.  Then Sandy came yesterday, in the afternoon, until it was time for us to meet Brad, Jackie and one of their two kids, at the restaurant for Father's Day dinner.

We went to a lovely/fancy place here in town, called, The Palms. The food is called Pacific Rim Cuisine, which translates to, lots of Asian influence in all the selections!  Shelley and I had stuffed salmon, and the others had a variety of other items.  Brad had the halibut, which I think I would order if we ever go back. Chances of going back are slim, as it was a very pricey menu! :o  Brad insisted on paying, which must have set him back a goodly amount, as there were eight of us altogether!  Granddaughter Jessica, and her bf, were not there, and I really missed seeing her.  They both live and work in San Francisco, and had to leave earlier to drive back up.

Anyway, it was a very nice weekend, and now I'm recuperating! I have to get ready for some friend of ours, who will be arriving tomorrow to have lunch with us.  They live about 75 miles from us, in a Valley town called Tracy, so it will be a long drive for them.  Looking forward to seeing them.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, long ago before Norm even met Dot, let alone married her, he and I used to go to a place called Stoney's which was a couple miles from here.  I would get the broiled halibut and I loved it.  I haven't seen it on any menu in ages.  Stoney's is now Bud & Stanley's, a sports bar named after the owner's dogs!  When I went with Jan last week, I had a Cod Basket which included five pieces of fish, coleslaw and fries.  I passed on the fries, but the fish were hot and I liked it very much.  If it doesn't cost too much, I'll order it when Tom and I go there.  I really can't tell one fish from another and I prefer my fish baked or broiled but the cod was deep fried and good.  I'm not too fond of salmon but I do eat it occasionally.  When I eat frozen fish I sometimes mix mayo and ketchup and put that on the fish.  The retiree women will meet Wednesday at Russ' and I'll have a hot fish sandwich.  This will be our first get together since last fall.  Only a couple of us stay in town over the winter so we don't plan to meet but now we'll meet until November.  There are four or five of us. 

I can't believe my thermometer says 69 degrees.  I may put on a sweater and go out on the deck with the cat and I may take a "cat nap".

It always seems "dead" when company leaves.  When the kids were small, Tom and Sue would come and stay with me and I knew it when they left!  So quiet! 

Mary Ann

Sandy

Good Afternoon Everyone,
from the sunny and warm rocky
coast of Maine... 

Jenny,  I am glad that you
are having a good visit with
your Dad and he is doing better..

Larry,  I see that you are
getting everything organized
according to the way that you
feel most comfortable living. 

And also can move around  your
living area using a wheel chair.. 

Making your space your own is so
important for your comfort and mental
well being. 

Have a good day,  Everyone!
Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Marilyne

Mary Ann - Halibut is always the most expensive fish on any menu, here in California.  In the markets, and even at the the fish market at the wharf in Santa Cruz, halibut costs around $29.00 per Lb.  That's way above my comfort zone, so I haven't bought it in many years. It's very good, but it's not worth paying a price like that.

I meant to comment on your family gathering at Annie's place.  Sounds like it was a huge success, and that you had a good time, with the twins, as well as everyone else.  You didn't mention the Pit Bull again, so I guess she was maybe in her crate, or a separate room?

Joy - Sounds like you had a nice time, visiting the farm with your son and grandson, and little Addie.  Is that name short for Adeline? It must have been fun, celebrating her birthday, as well as seeing the other great-grands. 

Larry - Looks like you had a nice quiet Father's Day, but did have a chance to see Scott and the two girls.  I'm shocked that it cost you so much to send the ramp back! :yikes:  That just doesn't sound right, but I know nothing about shipping large items like that?  I can't believe that the company paid that much to ship it to you?

Jenny - I'm so glad that everything worked out so well over the weekend, for you and for your dad.  It sounds like he is in a much better frame of mind, than he was before.  It's too bad he doesn't live closer,  but I understand what that is like.  My dad lived approximately 400 miles from us. He lived for 19 years, after my mother died, and of course toward the end, it was one crisis or surgery after another!  He did have his lady friend there to help him, which I was grateful for, but he always wanted me there when things went wrong. I logged a lot of milage on the cars during those years. 

Sandy - Good to see you checking in!  I keep meaning to ask you if you're doing any of your art work/painting?  I remember when you used to post photos of your work, and they were very attractive and distinctive looking.

Sandy

Marilyne
Thanks for asking about my art
work...   

Unfortunately my ability to continue
drawing etc ended when I had the strokes
that took a lot of my vision... 

It is hard on my eyesight to draw like
I use to.    I do miss it.  As it was a
very relaxing job that turned very
frustrating when I lost most  of my vision.

But I can still see to use the computer
and for that I am grateful. 

I wake up every morning thankful for
still being able to see enough to
get along on my own.  (for the most
part of course.. )

I depend on my  daughter to help
me weekly get out and do shopping
and errands.

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

Vanilla-Jackie

Patricia...
...thank you for he link...Isn't it a pleasure to see a group of singers neatly and smartly dressed, a rarity nowadays...A lovely song brilliantly sung...

Joy...
...I have been in a bad place these last few weeks...I am missing Richard so much, been so trapped where I live...hopeful now making some progress but hard planning my future without Richard by my side, knowing he is never coming back, gone forever, and I am left all by myself....I so hate my MS illness-disease, not only has it robbed me but it also robbed Richard of his life too...
" There is no present like the time "