Random Image

Larry

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:51:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 17

Started by JoanFL, April 17, 2016, 04:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

I'm hoooo..ome!  I did stop at WM for some batteries, light bulbs and a plug in light to be installed under the cupboard above the washer.  I'm tired of not being able to see in there and of leaving items in the washer.  You'd think I'd have figured this out long ago.  I've lived in this house 19 years now and the washer has always been in the same spot.  You don't think I'm a bit slow, do you?

Larry, my "chair in the tree" is a contraption that hangs on a chain that has a very large very strong spring on the end of it.  When it's there, it sways gently in the wind or when I touch my toe to the ground.  It's very soothing, very comfortable and very sleep-inducing.  It has a little pocket for my phone or a drink and an attached foot rest so I can stretch out.  I absolutely LOVE it.  Right not, it gets lots of sun to keep me warm and cosy.  When the trees have all their leaves, it's in the shade.

As soon as I see my neighbor outside, I'm going to invite him to grab his drill and come over to drill a couple of holes for me so I can hang my light to the bottom of the cupboard in the laundry room.  If I know my neighbor, he'll not only drill the holes, he'll hang the light.  He's such a good guy!

Gloria, what's "sinful" about icecream for breakfast?  If I could lay my hands on that gorgeous sundae, I have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a midnight snack!  Go for it!

Loved all the goodies, Joanie!  You're so good to us!  Have a great day Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Bis, what a big job they have ahead of them. Seven thousand feet is a lot of cupboards, closets, storage. I'm glad they are young enough to do this. Just going from  one bedroom to a studio knocked me back for months. They have been such good parents in the past by supporting the children in all the skating, and costumes and traveling they did. Do either of them still skate ?

Oops, time to get down for Church.....byeeeeeeee
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Good morning, again and other beautifl Spring day, and no wind.

Sun, I hope your surgery goes well. Praying for you/

Joan, thanks for good reading.

Phyllis, that sunday looks good enough to eat. Thanks

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Denver

A good Sunday morning HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.

The snow continues to fall....it appears we have nearly 18". It is such a wet snow.....sadly many tree limbs have broken due to the weight. Bob has gone out several times to knock off the very heavy laiden ones in hope of saving them.   

Thank you, JOAN, for our nice fresh SS that we can all enjoy this week.  I do not envy Linda and Ed as they make their move to the new location.  I am happy to hear they plan to stay in the area.

SUN, I am glad to read that you are not in pain with your hand, but rather just the problem of what you can not do with it. 

CAROL, I must have missed your post about your return drive back to Colorado....so not sure when you plan to do it?  Just hope it is not today as you do not want to get in this mess here. 

We do not have any plans for the day.....we probably could not get out if we wanted to as the snow shovelers have done very little clearing out of the snow....

Enjoy a wonderful day. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Kelly

Hi Denver
Good to see you posting

Kelly

Radioman34

Hello all. Checking in from the studio on this beautiful summer day.

Vanilla-Jackie

Today is the first day I am feeling better in myself, I only know that because I am for once feeling happy, even smiling, my body feels comfortable......went out for an uphill walk today, yes I am not fully trusting my top of right leg, inside groin area ( spasm-ing, ) but thank heavens all my aches, pains and stiffness from my waist, hips, centre of my backside, lower back is feeling comfortable, never realised how miserable these last few days have made me......

Jenny, snow, is that normal for where you live? we are having a dry part sunny day but there are big dark clouds up above....

Don, I bet its a relief for you now you are fit enough to get back to your studio, I should imagine so many of your regular radio listeners from around the world had truly been missing you.... I shall make a bee-line over there.....
" There is no present like the time "

phyllis

phyllis
Cary,NC

Radioman34

Thank you Jackie; I shall extend a personal greeting when this piece ends.  :)

Vanilla-Jackie

Thank you Don, I shall make sure I do not miss it...

JoanFL

Janie--You are NOT slow.  You've just been too busy to get a light and have it installed.

June--No.  Neither Grant nor Audrey skate anymore.  Audrey is very busy working as a pharmacist at Pfizer in NYC and Grant is a busy attorney at a large law firm in Atlanta. 

Linedancer--It's sunny here, but terribly windy.

Jenny--I've been seeing on the news the deplorable weather you're having.  Is it normal to get snow this late in April out there?

Hi Radioman.  It's good to see you are back at work checking in from the station.

Vanilla-Jackie--It's terrific that you are feeling so much better and were able to go out for a walk.

Hi Phyllis.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan thank you, still got some heaviness around my stomach and waist, but not so bad as it has been....

JoanFL

Vanilla-Jackie--I know you are thankful for some improvement, at least.

Kelly

Hi Everyone
Out today with family, home in an hour or two.

Great with smartphones to keep in touch with S&F

Kelly

JaneS

I decided to go in and check my closet to make sure there were work clothes ready to wear.  When I opened the closet, I decided it was time to take the really WINTER clothes out of the closet and put them in reserve in the other room.  When I took the first 5 or 6 hangers over, I changed direction because there wasn't much room there. 

To make a long story short, I ended up spending 2 hours reorganizing that closet and I now how 2 bags (one large, one small) for Good Will! I also have a medium size bag of trash.   But I have closet space.  I did finish taking the winter clothes out and now I'm ready to "set a spell and rest my weary bones"!

I hope the rest of you were not racking up demerits at the rate I did.  I hope you are all enjoying your day and relaxing.

Jackie glad you're feeling better!
Jenny, I looked at the pics of your snow...please keep it there!
Don, so happy to see you happy to be back.

I think I just might snooze a bit before the doggies decide they're hungry.  I keep trying to tell them I'm the boss but the know better!

JoanFL

Kelly--Enjoy your time with family.

Janie--You sure have been busy today.  I think you earned a nice long nap.

JeanneP

Jane S.

I did the same thing last night. Need to clear space in closets. Both full.  Will be just putting in Bags and out to the Goodwill in the next few days.

If anyone else is Watching the Washington Camera on the Eagles.

The mother Eagle is still gone from the Nest leaving the 2 babies.  Been gone all day. Scary as last year I was watching one nest and another Eagle came and killed the young while the parents were gone.  They left it on for awhile showing it happening.  I suppose the babies are screeching right now. It looks like it. or the could be wanting to be fed.

Beautiful day here again. Had warm and sunshine for last 4 days. Hope it keeps it up.
Saw and heard that out North West they are having some really heavy snow storms.
Skiing should be still in full force . Made a lot of money this year.
JeanneP

June Drabek

Bis, I think it is great that both Audrey and Grant have such good and responsible positions. I still like to think that they occasionally would go out just for the joy and relaxation of what they had done in the past. But each of us has to do what we can, when we can.

Janie, I'm sure you got a lot of satisfaction in accomplishing your closet chores. I have done nothing except go to Church, have a huge lunch with nice friends and back home to the computer. A nap will be next on the agenda. That has become almost a daily necessity.

Sun

I have trouble getting around here lately….not all of it related to the messed up hand .  Am I the only one?

Joan â€" My kids gave me a printer from the SIL’s closed office when he retired. Not fond of it, but cheaper than buying another….ink is a real scam, price wise. And this one has a jillion settings on it.  Takes forever to get used to.

So much for my mid day short visit.   See you later.

Sun

Kelly

Hi Joan
Not long home and having a nice cup of tea.

Kelly

JoanFL

Sun--What kind of trouble are you having getting around?  If you'd be more specific, perhaps one of us could help.

Kelly--Enjoy your tea.  You asked me how long it took to put together each days stuff.  The time varies, depending on how much searching I must do.  Then when I have the items. I must format it all--and  that's what you see each day.  It takes between 1 and 1 1/2 hours each day.

Kelly

Hi Joan
Thanks for explaining how long it takes to put together your early day text for us.

Thank you so much.

kelly

June Drabek

Sun, I am having no problem with Srs. and Friends. I do find my computer is slower in operations though. But it has given me nine years of service, so I will keep it as long as it lives. I don't like changes. When do you have the surgery done on your hand ? As Gloria said, she has had hand surgery too and managed to keep up with us with her left hand while the right had healed. I think we are so addicted to our friendships that we would type with our toes if necessary.

Kelly

Hi Jackie
Remember the 'Blue badge' is not for the car you would drive, but any car you are in.  So with 'R' driving and you as passenger you use it in his car, the same as if you were driving your own car or his.

kelly

Gloria

CALLIE  I did just about nothing all day today. Laid on the couch this afternoon listening to Don's program and no I did not fall asleep.

JOAN  I did not go out at all today. Just plain worn out. I am lucky I had the energy to get dressed. Glad Linda & Ed sold their house. Hope they have a new place to move to in your area.

JANE  one time years ago after church on a Sunday morning we stopped on the way home and had banana splits.  That was out brunch, did not feel sinful at all.

GLORIA de  I had my windows open all day and the air felt great coming in.

JENNY  hope by now the snow has stopped. I sure would not want to try going anywhere with that much of it. I remember a snow storm in May that did a lot of damage to trees. The leaves were all open on trees and the flowering bushes really suffered from it.

JACKIE  glad you felt good today. Did you use your walker? You should when you go for a walk.

PHYLLIS  hello.

KELLY  always great to be with family.

SUN  nice seeing you post in the afternoon. My printer is easy to use but I don't use it as much as I used to so ink in lasting a lot longer for me.

JOAN  you forgot to mention the time it takes you to look for your morning posts.  I know that can take hours of your time.

KELLY  I have a handicap tag that I take with me when someone takes me to a store  and they can put it on the rear view mirror.

Quiet in here today. Everyone out enjoying a beautiful day. Will not be long till I shut down for the night and head to dreamland.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

June Drabek

Gloria, sounds like my day was similar to yours. After Church and lunch I came home, put on comfortable clothes, read and napped, then read and napped some more. I just took a walk around the garden and it wore me out. This aging thing seems to be coming in faster and faster.

Kelly

Hi Gloria
Thanks for the information on the disability tag.

Always good to see family.

kelly

JaneS

Good Night Everyfriend!  I'm off to Dreamland a bit early tonight.  Don't know how tomorrow will go with working 4 hours right up to 3 p.m. and then picking TLH up from school at 3:45.  Going to be a pinch!

I wish you all a night of peaceful sleep and a day of happiness tomorrow. 

June Drabek

Janie girl, I pray that God will make your day of work and the timing thereof come out just perfectly. May He give you the strength and patience and freedom of pain and worry. Sleep well and wake refreshed. Hugs !!

Lloyd Hammond

Sun do not know about you but,for me it is the miles and hard Knocks , that slows me down.
+ i may be getting tired and a bit lazy. Have a good rest of the evening.

Good night everyone and sweet dreams.

Lloyd