Random Image

dad grad

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:12:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 17

Started by JoanFL, July 17, 2016, 05:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Gloria, Sunday is always a quiet day here. I have been catching up o emails, and checking out things I have saved on my external hard drive ad my folder of other pictures.....soooooo many of them, but it is not always pleasant to look back on life as it used to be. Some things make me smile,others make me sad. I should not save the sad, but they are still part of my life.

Time to think of having a light supper. I had such a huge lunch, I am not at all hungry, but we still have to feed the body to keep it operating, so I will retire to my kitchenette and see what I can come up with that will go down easily.

Patricia, I used to go to a little restaurant like that when we lived in Long Beach, Ca. Many, many years ago. It had three booths and a juke box on one side and a counter with maybe five or six stools and an open counter and door to the kitchen. Family run..a home away from home really. Thanks for the memories.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Sandy

Family out for the day:

Fe (Ophelia),  Mommy (Madison) and Daddy (Athan)

Click below:
    http://www.seniorsandfriends.org/gallery/89-170716212210.jpeg

Fe (Ophelia),  Mommy (Madison) and Daddy (Athan)
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

June Drabek
Thanks for your post very in lighting, I am doing a lot of snacking on some Georgia Peaches we bought,I think i will go have another one.Have a great rest of the evening.

Lloyd

JaneS

Sandy, beautiful family!  Thanks for sharing them.

I finished 3 and 15/16 of 8 curtain panels and my sewing machine died.  I don't know if it can be revived.  I don't think it's worth paying to have it repaired and I'm certainly not going to buy a new one at this stage.  I'm going to cut off and pin the rest of them tomorrow and then I'm going to call my cousin.  She works at WM too and once before, she stopped over and fiddled with my machine and got it working.  I'm going to ask her if she might be so inclined again.  If she can't, I'm going to ask her if she'd mind taking the curtains home and doing the sewing.  Or maybe i'll make a trip to my sister's next weekend and use her machine.  I have the one's for Cathy's bedroom done and they face the street so she's not in a hurry for the rest of them.

I think I'll be off to Dreamland early tonight since I've had a few late nights lately and no naps to compensate.  So I'll say...

Good Night Everyfriend...and may God bless us every one.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Daphne, A very lovely little family. Mom and Daddy look so very happy with their dear little daughter.

Lloyd, enjoy your fresh peaches ! They sound delicious.

I settled on a half a peanut butter sandwich, some juice, and half a slice of Cheese cake. I am stuffed. Should go out for a walk before bedtime, but I just don't feel like it, so will get ready for bed instead and read my book till sleep arrives.

Have a good night dear friends. Keep well, wake happy. With Love, Hugs and Prayers for all who need them. June

halkel

Well I did post early this morning before leaving for church, but guess someone posted at the same time and mine didn't take.

Anyhow, I am off to bed now.  Nite all, God Bless and Sweetdreams.

Shirley

Looks like I am always turning out the lights.... been a long day & am sore from coughing.  Thought I was under control so went to church & had to get up during the sermon & go out, had a coughing fit & couldn't stop.  I am sure I'm not contagious but had the feeling everyone probably thought I was.   :crazy2:

Sandy, beautiful family.... don't know why I thought your kids all had dark hair... not so, huh? 

Gloria, I talked to Doris tonight, she & a gr-daughter are planning a trip to visit her son that "lives out west".  She is really excited so I am very happy for her. 

Joan, my son sent me a photo of OUR little red head but I need to resize to post.  She started dance lessons, already taking gymnastics.... Will be 3 soon, a new brother due in November.  .... They keep them so busy they don't know what it is to just sit or lay in the grass & look at clouds. 

Good night, Every Friend.... God Bless and hope all have sweet dreams.  Shirley 

Joy

Shirley,  I can certainly sympathize with you about your coughing.  A couple months ago, I had a terrible cough and just coughed and coughed and coughed.  I was having trouble getting an appointment with the doctor because of her changing practices. Finally,  I did get to see her after a week of constant coughing.  I had a sinus infection.  I was just exhausted by that time.  I didn't feel like doing anything...........  and I mean anything.  It was all I could do just to go from the bed to the chair and just what I had to do.  After several days of antibiotics and cough medicine,  it began to get better.  The lady who lives in the apartment next to me, kept calling me to see if I needed anything.  She told me she had never heard anybody cough that much.  It took me several weeks to get my strength back.

So, please get yourself to the doctor and get some relief.  All that coughing just wears you out.

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny, enjoy your concert but.....I do hope Adele keeps it clean as her Glastonbury concert didnt go down too well especially that children were present, re, her fowl mouthed swearing.....

Quote from the Mirror...." Adele swore 33 times during 90 minute Glastonbury headline set after admitting BBC WARNED her about potty mouth....."

Wonder if she is getting too big for her boots....

Sandy, lovely happy and relaxed photo of your family members....

Talking of great grandchildren, I have a g-g-child, only I have no Idea as to its sex, nor name, the baby was supposedly born last year November,..... four months BEFORE we moved home this year March,.... so my daughter and grandson had every opportunity to have told me, if they wanted me to have known.......
If anybody is querying why I NEVER phoned them.....the last telephone recorded message I received from said daughter was calling me a selfish c***t for passing on my MS to her, my grandson and his then future newborn baby........so basically I have been ostracised ( if that is the correct term ) from the family, all because of my MS illness...

So I do really envy all who have good relationships with their children, grands and great grands..... Now if only I could sit down my grandson and tell him some home truths of when he was born, when he was young, but I doubt I ever would, wouldn't want to unsettle the apple cart..... I even doubt daughter has told grandson I was there at his birth...where the nurses gave him to me to hold after his birth rather than to his mother, who done nothing the midwife was telling her....plus the first thing daughter said of her baby was, hasn't he got an ugly, or was it large nose, not sure which now, seems so long ago....then daughter couldn't wait to get out of bed to go have a cigarette.....And yes she even abandoned him, left him in the hospital, she came home and left him for a few days before we got her to go back....again, I bet he never knew that..... No wonder he was raised up with " Foster Parents..."
" There is no present like the time "

Lloyd Hammond

Well I am having another restless night , cant decide whether try the couch or get fully dresses d and go to shop while it is cooler.

Lloyd

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.  There's assorted mini muffins to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Technology
While trying to explain to our six-year-old daughter how much technology had changed, my husband pointed to our brand-new personal computer and told her that when he was in college, a computer with the same amount of power would have been the size of a house.

Wide-eyed, our daughter asked, "How big was the mouse?"

Food For Thought

The Real Issue
(By Kevin Williams)

The reason that some civil servants perform street executions on citizens is the same reason that a disgruntled man with a rifle will shoot & kill law enforcement. This same reason is why a man would drive a van full of explosives to wipe out half of Oklahoma City Building in 1995, and why ISIS cuts off heads, and why an American shoe company exploits workers in Southeast Asia. This is the same reason why 3,288 babies are aborted daily in the U.S. and the same reason why our culture fights for the right to terminate our unborn.

This same reason is why people in Taiwan burn fake money to ancestors, and why a father abandons his child. This is why a husband would raise his hand against his wife, and why some people in Cape Town are addicted to "tick".

The root cause of evil is not mysterious. It's not "ThisColorLifeMatters" or "Guns Are Bad" or a lack of Education Reform.

The reason is a Gospel problem. The reason is #Jesus'LifeDoesn'tMatter.

People have rejected the relationship with the one true God, rejected the only true path which leads to Him, Jesus. It's no wonder why our world is in shambles. Broken people break things.

If you have a bush growing poison berries, the solution isn't to trim its edges. You must uproot the bush and destroy it, and plant an apple tree, which bares healthy fruit.

Jesus' Life Matters, and in fact, He is the only solution to solve the reason why our society swims in disarray.

Our old selves must die, and we must be born again, as new creations in Him, that our new hearts may continue to grow into His likeness, in restored relationship with our loving Father.

Anything short of this is just man made solutions which are doomed to failure. 4,000+ years of human history prove that our wisdom doesn't hold the answer.

Life and purpose do not revolve around us. It's all about Him.

The sooner we figure that out, the better off we are, for this present age and the life thereafter.

Thought of the Day

“He (the devil) always sends errors into the world in pairs-pairs of opposites...He relies on your extra dislike of one to draw you gradually into the opposite one. But do not let us be fooled. We have to keep our eyes on the goal and go straight through between both errors. We have no other concern than that with either of them."

--C.S. Lewis

:smitten:

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  And a special Good Morning to you Joanie and thank you for all the effort you put into the goodies for us every morning.  It has to take a lot of time to do this.  I know I don't say "thank you" often enough but I hope you know that I'm always grateful.

This morning, I'm going to be cutting and pinning curtains and I'm also going to fiddle with the sewing machine and beg it to work.  I really want to do this little job for Cathy's new home.  And I'd like her to have the "finished" look in her bedrooms.

I'm off to feed the doggies.  They've been very patient but it's time.  Have a lovely day Everyfriend.

Amy

Good morning everyone.
They say we are to have a t storm this morning and rain. I don't mind the rain but not happy with the storm part.

Jane, have you re-threaded your machine, including taking the bobbin out and start all over again?Sometimes this works. Have you cleaned your machine? Get all the dust bunnies out of the bobbin area?

Dil will be going home today ,maybe after supper so we will have a day of sewing first :) I am also going to clean her sewing machine for her.

Sandy, great photo!!

Lloyd, have nights when sleep won't come.

Joan,thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  Yes, I know you are grateful.  I hope you manage to get your sewing machine working again.

Amy--Good morning.  I wish you could send some rain our way.  You still have this day with your DIL.  Enjoy your time together.

My housekeepers come this morning, so I have a little picking up to do.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, another HHH day in the forecast with chance of thunderstorms.

PATRICIA  not many small family places left around here.

JUNE  this place was more active when I moved here 2 years ago.

JANE of all times for you machine to quit on you.

SHIRLEY  I emailed Doris last night.  I thought she had already gone to Utah to visit her son. Call you doctor and find out about that cough. Does not sound good.

JOAN  a mini muffin or 2 will be good this morning. Lone the daughter's question in chuckles. The Real Issue is too true. A friend and I were talking about the same thing yesterday. Thank you for all today's goodies.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, Gloria.  It's also H & H here, but no sign of rain.  Have all the mini muffins you want.:)  Thanks for your appreciation.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Shirley I hope this finds you feeling better.  Get yourself to the doctor, my wife had  a similar problem and ended up in the hospital.  I know your tummy is sore as can be.

Janie, I hope you found your problem on the sewing machine.  If it is completely dead check your power cord and see if it has any breaks in it and check your wall plug.  Also unplug your machine from the power and check your foot switch to see that everything is connected. It is so frustrating to have something just quit and sit there.

Gloria, this old world is just upside down and sadly so many people just couldn't care less, just coast along and accept things as they are.

Not much on tap here today, I may try getting an appointment with my primary care doctor.  My old back has got a hitch in it.  As the say a hitch in my git along.

Weather is teasing us, rain all around us and here we sit.....

halkel

Okay, it's time for all of us to take a little R&R so I have arranged to have this for us to take on a little cruse.  Everyone ready?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3694216/Hareide-Design-superyacht-floating-palace.html

angelface555

Hal, you've heard the expression, "If you build it they will come?"

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,
from the warm and a bit humid,  rocky
coast of Maine.   So far I have my windows
open and will enjoy that until it gets
uncomfortable,  when I will turn on my AC.

All my Grand kids, have beautiful dark hair....
After the baby was born,  Maddie decided that
she wanted to be a blond...  So she became one.

Personally,  I loved her dark hair.  As a
"stay at home Mom" now, 
I think that she just needed a change.   
She may or may not keep it blond..  That is
up to her.     I know that I also went very
blond for many years,  but I didn't have
the beautiful hair that my Grand Kids have. 

Quote from: halkel on July 18, 2016, 09:09:09 AM
Okay, it's time for all of us to take a little R&R so I have arranged to have this for us to take on a little cruse.  Everyone ready?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3694216/Hareide-Design-superyacht-floating-palace.html
Wow what fabulous The six-level yacht,
Hal....     Thanks for the invite.   Be sure to let us
know so we can go on your maiden voyage.     It is
so nice of you to share!!!

Have a good day,  everyone!
Sandy
:coolsmiley:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Vanilla-Jackie

Halkel, you dont mention the price you paid for it,....and more importantly, will we all fit on board? :dancingdog:
Went out in this hot sunshine for a couple of hours, didn't need to go far, just a five or ten minute drive out of our private parkhome road, turn right, uphill towards the clifftop, half way, then turn right again, after a longish and bumpy sandy road, the other side of our hills, we reach a private piece of beach, with walks, and an on site cafe for food, even have outside loos.....Of course my MS is playing havoc, the slope is far too deep for me even to consider going down to the beach, but I still managed to do a fare bit of walking....although I really struggled with balance, felt I was going to topple over when stopping to take photos, no seating nowhere, not until you get to the food kiosk and snorkel, beach sandal selling hut.....where we sat down for a coffee and tuna salad sandwich, R had bacon....It was good to get out for a couple of hours, I make conversation with people easy, so got talking to one man with his dog companion, that was quite funny watching his wire haired dog antics....The good thing about this place is, it welcomes dogs all year round, even allows dogs to be off lead........Link to photopeach clip.........

http://photopeach.com/album/nvpsxv

" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good morning, halkel.  We're in the same situation as you are.  Rain all around us but nary a drop here.  I'm ready to hop on that boat for some R & R.

Good morning, angelface.  How true.!!

Sandy--Good morning.  I guess in the grand scheme of things, if Madison wanted to try being a blonde that's nothing so big.

Vanilla-Jackie--Glad you got out for a walk and some lunch.  It looks to be very popular with all the vehicles there.

phyllis

Terrible storm here Saturday evening.  We had over 5 inches of rain in our gauge and more than that fell elsewhere in the area.  Lightening so close and thunder so loud and it just went on and on for a long time.  Flooding everywhere but not around our house so I'm grateful.  A medium size limb came down and hit the deck with a very loud noise....I jumped a foot.  A small leak in the basement but everywhere else has none that we could find.  We were luckier than some.  Several people had to be rescued, cars were covered, lightening set a couple of houses on fire not far from me.  This has not been a very good summer.  Hot, humid and these severe storms have been popping up nearly every day.  Sunny now but more thunderstorms expected later today.  Wish I could share with those who need it.

I broke a tooth so it is off to the dentist tomorrow.  I'm expecting that he will want to put a crown on, if there is enough tooth left for him to do that.  Too much excitement lately.....I'm ready for a little "dull" in my life.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JoanFL

Phyllis--Glad you had no major damage from those storms.  Sorry about your tooth.  Seems it's always something.

Mary Ann

Hal, that is quite a yacht and would furnish quite a ride.

Jackie, your beach area looks so inviting.  I agree it must be popular because of the number of vehicles.  You're looking good, sitting there at the table.

Phyllis, I knew there were storms in your area, but not to the extent you mentioned.

I think I am improving every day.

Mary Ann

JaneS

We just had a cloudburst!  Now it's just raining and boy is it welcome!  It's been dry as a bone around here.  Haven't had to cut the grass for 3 weeks.

Hal, where's the dock?  I'm in!

halkel

Quote from: JaneS on July 18, 2016, 12:29:48 PM
We just had a cloudburst!  Now it's just raining and boy is it welcome!  It's been dry as a bone around here.  Haven't had to cut the grass for 3 weeks.

Hal, where's the dock?  I'm in!

A limo will pick you up.  Limo service for all.

June Drabek

Good Morning all, I just finished a bowl of rice krispies with sliced banana and I am stuffed. No room for the second cup of coffee.

Tisie, that cough is NOT going to heal itself, so get yourself off to the doctor and get some help, you are not doing your body any favors by just coughing all the time.

Lloyd, I'm sorry you are having a bad night. We really need our nights sleep so we can do what we have to do the following day. I hope you finally got some good rest.

Hal, my bags are packed, I'm ready to board that luxury ship. It's a good life, for sure. Hope The doctor can relieve that hitch in your git-along. (haven't heard that expression since I was kid.

Jackie, thanks for the photos, I really enjoyed the trip.

Phyllis, I'm glad you are safe and sound. That storm sounds really vicious. Hope the falling branch didn't damage you deck.

Hal and Janie..I am SO jealous that you have all that rain and we have nothing but sunshine. Boo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoanFL

Mary Ann--Glad to hear you are improving each day.

Janie--Some of that rain would be welcome here.

halkel--Do you have a time schedule for the limo?

June--I am jealous of the folks that are getting rain, too.

halkel

Quote from: JoanFL on July 18, 2016, 01:57:02 PM
Mary Ann--Glad to hear you are improving each day.

halkel--Do you have a time schedule for the limo?

At your convince.  Don't you just love cyber living.  Multiple sailings at everyone's convince and all food service, drink service will be at your direction and desire.  A truly luxury trip.  Even Don and Bubble can do their thing.  No one will see, total privacy if desired.  Skinny dipping allowed. Stay as long as you like and leave when you like.  For those in the Eastern U.S. Great Lake ports are allowed.