Random Image

Ford

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 24

Started by JoanFL, July 24, 2016, 04:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny, your mention of Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy Chambers....is something my old MS Therapy Centre had and was used by many with MS.....as too, other MS Therapy Centres have one or two.....I never got to use it as you had to attend for, cant remember if one hour or two on a daily basis for either two or three consecutive weeks to get you started.....there is no evidence that they do work for MS sufferers but many said they feel the benefit after their session and keep going back for more, so there must be something positive in using them.....Jenny I am sure Dr' Dave would verify in that.....Now If only I could find a near Therapy Centre to me now, I would sure give it a try.....but I have to admit I would more likely panic being locked inside one of these chambers, although they say it is like being in an aeroplane........Link to MS Centre Hyperbaric machines.....Link....

Jenny, as always, Patti, will be in my thoughts and prayers as she deals with another medical issue - procedure....

http://www.merciamstherapy.org.uk/therapies/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy/

http://www.hertsmstherapy.org.uk/oxygen-therapy/
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.  There's apple fritters to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Dear John,

I have been unable to sleep since I broke off our engagement.
Won't you forgive and forget? Your absence is breaking my heart.
I was a fool, nobody can take your place. I love you.

All my love,

Belinda. Xxxxoooxxxx

P.S. Congratulations on winning last week's Powerball lottery.

"Ultimate Reasons You Might Be in the Wrong Church"
(Original version by Keith Todd)

You Might Be In The Wrong Church If............

- You have to pass through a metal detector to get inside.

- The scripture lesson is on "Jonah the Shepherd Boy and His Ark of Many Colors."

- The choir performs "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" - as a polka!

- It's over 100 degrees outside, and the trustees haven't approved turning on the air conditioning yet.

- Everyone drives a nicer car than the pastor.

- They believe that an elected official attending religious services is a violation of the separation of Church and state.

- The preacher is wearing a "David Koresh Rules!" t-shirt

- The sign out front says "First Church of the Gooey Death and Discount House of Worship." (In Del Rio, Texas?)

- .A week before Christmas the pastor announces the church will be "closed for the holidays."

..- Everyone agrees the temperature in the Sanctuary is absolutely perfect!

- You're on your way to a wedding and walk in on a funeral (or vice versa).

- The music director has you sing "Amazing Grace" in the round (a la "row row row your boat").

- Three words: Pastor Larry King.

- The pastor is out of town, but he leaves a video taped message to be shown during the worship service.

- The church picnic will be held at KFC this year.

- You are a member of AARP but they ask you to attend "Children's Church."

- There's no "Reserved For Minister" parking place, only a sign saying 'Visiting preachers can shelter their horses in the stable stall marked 'preacher'.

- The sign out front says "Church-Lite: Home of the original ten minute Sermonette, and the 7.5 Percent Tithe."

- Every illustration the preacher uses somehow refers to "those hilarious Budweiser frogs".

- The missions budget just got cut in half, but the church treasurer just bought a "kickin'" new Harley.

- Elders Council "prayer meetings" usually break up in a fight for the remote control.

- New "Purpose-Driven" mission statement includes vague reference to jello-wrestling.

- Most frequent complaint to worship committee: "Too much Charo, not enough Elvis."

- New head greeters: Mike Tyson and WWF President Vince McMahon.

- On your second Sunday as a visitor they ask you to be their pastor.

- The acolytes are roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over the altar candles.

- You are told your offering is nice but the ushers want your wallet, watch, and wedding rings too.

- The usher that meets you at the door says "Hurry on in, the show is about ready to start."

- The announcements last 2 minutes and include the starting time of the afternoon's NASCAR Race, the sermon lasts 6 minutes, and the benediction is "Christians, start your engines ."

- The pastor wears his golf togs in the pulpit.

- The regular pastoral retreats almost always seem to be in either Las Vegas or Atlantic City.

- The organist is Boris Karloff or appears to be his stunt double.

- On the offering envelopes is printed "Please make checks payable directly to the pastor."

- A Hazmat team just sealed the doors and placed quarantine signs up.

- People in the last 10 pews are yelling for more pepperoni pizza with anchovies.

- Everyone is handcuffed together at the ankles before preaching starts.

- You are asked to fasten your seatbelt before the service begins moving.

- You are the only person in the sanctuary and it's 15 minutes after church is scheduled to start.

- The confessional has a coin slot and a hand lever.

- The pastor search committee never disbands.

- Bill Clinton is the speaker of the day and his topic is "Morality In America - How To Be A Shining Example."

- The pastor is introduced with a Johnny Carson style "Heeeeere's Sparky."

- The media refers to the church facilities as a "compound".

- Just before the sermon, cups of strong black coffee are distributed along the pews.

- The ushers passing around the offering basket are wearing ski masks.

- The band for the services has a tip jar on the loudspeaker and all the songs are about money.

- They have a volunteer blood drive in the morning service - that is to be used for some vague purpose in the evening service.

- The Bible they use is the Dr. Seuss version.

- The Choir wears black leather robes.

- The sanctuary has only entrances, no "exits"!

- The ushers look mysteriously like "Men in Black"! (Yes, with sunglasses)

- The offering plate has been passed three times and the sermon hasn't even begun yet.

- The people in the pew next to you brought a sack lunch.

- The acolyte is the youngest member of the congregation, and she is 76.

- The pastor's sermon begins: "Let me tell you about my book..."

- The music minister announces that the liturgy will be sung to the tune of "Wagner's Etude in F sharp minor" and raises his baton.

- When the choir sings, the dogs outside begin to howl, and are closer to being in tune.

- New member candidates are required to submit W-2's for the last 5 years.

- You discover the church refers to the 10 commandments as the 10 suggestions or offers to let you "pick any six."

- The Pastor preaches an eloquent sermon on ancient heresies and the elders want to make them part of the doctrinal statement.

- The New Member's kit includes a certificate of membership, a Bible, church-by-laws, and an assault rifle.

- You're the only person in the congregation who is carrying a Bible, including the preacher.

- The Ushers ask "Smoking or non-smoking?"

- The Church bus has a gun rack.

- There's an ATM machine in the vestibule.

- Members of the Women's quartet are all married to the pastor.

...and the number one sign you're in the wrong church...

- They have open Communion ...but there is a two-drink minimum.

Thought of the Day

"Let us rely on Him. Let us think and live on our knees;
Let us stop believing that we are wisdom, humility, light;
Let us not take one step without prayer,
Because our perfections will shine very little
After our death, before the star and the blue sky.
Only God can save us."

- Victor Hugo

:smitten:

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

junee

JOANFL

HI JOAN. Sorry to hear news tonight of more attacks in Fort Myers Fl.
There does not seem to be any end to this sort of killing.
Security is being stepped up here from this mornings news but hope it never happens.

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Woke to thunder,lightning,rain and two dogs on my bed. Didn't rain for long but some is better than none. Off to the city today for dh eye exam,sure hope the day stays cool..I know wishful thinking.

Jenny , prayers for Pattie that all goes well in her surgery.

Gloria, I swear the look in Babes eyes when she was covered in dirt said ha ha ha I feel better now!

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

I had better get a move on it.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up but not "attem" yet.  I've had my coffee and the doggies have been out.  Today is the day I'm going to the Senior Fair and I might make a stop enroute at the discount grocery to pick up some snacks for when my friend arrives on Saturday.  We'll see!

Prayers for all in need of them and special ones for Patti. 

We had enough rain overnight to leave the ground a bit wet but not soggy.  Could use a bit more but, like Amy, we'll take what comes and be grateful.

Have a good day Everyfriend.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning Junee.  Yes--more shootings in Ft. Myers.  These are happening way to often.

Amy--Good morning.  I sure wish we'd get some of that rain.  Safe travel to and from your husband's eye doctor appointment.

Good morning, Janie.  If you learn some information we should know at the Senior Fair, please tell us about it.  I am sure you're looking forward to your friend's visit.

Jenny--I want you to know I am praying for your friend Patti.

Lloyd Hammond

You girls are up earlier again.
junee yes it is sad and seams to bee the world over .there is at least one killing in Kansas cit MO or KS every night some not talked about the News Media. we had a good get to gather yesterday. plenty of the good tasting fattening things.
Hope you all have a great day. we had thunder storms most all night I havent went out to ck how much we got in the gauge, see you all later.

Lloyd

JoanFL

Good morning, Lloyd.  Glad you had a nice time yesterday.

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Monday lunchtime......

We had an early morning Benji vet appointment, his monthly monitoring session.....Benji at present looks and is behaving as normal, eats all his food, still wants to play, still looks to go out on his walks.....Vet done a check-over, lump has grown, vet can now see lump, but its possible lump could be growing up rather than wide, re, to block his toilet, so that was a first sign to look for as and when but may rule that out.......as for the kidneys, vet taken another blood sample, will phone through this afternoon with the numbers result...Vet has explained that if the numbers are higher, and his kidneys fail, ( we were both shocked to hear Benji is only now functioning on 25% of his kidneys ) that if the numbers are higher, it might be that his kidneys could end Benjis life before the cancer does.........On the positive side, we can now take Benji off his daily meds, as he didn't have a stroke and has as good as recovered from the Vestibular Syndrome ( stroke mimic ) but if after a week of being off we notice Benji becoming disorientated we will put him back on them...vet also told us-me, to try upping his half and half normal tinned food and his Hills prescription renal diet tinned food to more prescription diet as his kidneys need to get rid of built up wastage, also told to cut down on his treats as its extra that cant be gotten rid of.....Oh and another piece of positive news, Benjis weight has gone up quite a bit....Our today vet has told us not to put a number on his time....

As a Benji treat and a treat for myself, there is a lovely grassed piece of land at the back of the vets...the scenery is to die for, we are up high overlooking several fields, in the distance there is a lavender field, benches to sit and rest on, just so peaceful, relaxing and quiet, just other dog walkers in the distance, or the odd ones who pass to go through the style gate........

Gloria

Good morning everyone, will get back to 90s again today, second heat wave on the way. Glad I had a chance to get out yesterday.

SHIRLEY  yes snow time of year is our time. Like you I could complain about summer heat every year but it will not make it go away. Gee if we had the $$$ we could head to Australia for their winters.

JOAN  apple fritters will be great this morning. Most anything with apples is good. Got some good chuckles with the Wrong Church. Good quote. Thank you for today's goodies.

AMY  I can well believe  Babe was thinking that. Telling you she will “clean up” in her own way. Safe travel.

JANE  we are about the only town here that did not get any rain from all the storms the past week.

LLOYD  no rain here.

JACKIE  looks like you will just have to keep an eye on how Benji acts.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Looks most have checked in already, it is 7:30 here and weather guy had some good news, possibility 30 percent of rain for the next couple of days.  Finally the old Summer high is moving West and letting some of the lows come on in.  a good rain would be sooooooooo nice.

Shirley, since both my grandparents had farms we always had plenty of "good" stuff.  One had a peach orchard and grape arbor and grew melons, summer time was always a treat.  Think they would believe what a little old watermelon cost now days.  :o

Shirley I hope you find someone to help with the vehicle.  Also, circuit breakers as the age sometimes get weak or you can get a power surge and it will pop one of them, doing what they are suppose to do.  Or a good lightening strike in the area will pop on.  No biggie unless it happens again and again.  Believe it or not a light fixture in my master bedroom a few months ago developed a short and like to never have found it.  Luckily my SIL and Grandson in law and their friend figured it out and we replaced it and solved the problem.  Just another low cost fixture from our friends in far a way lands. Cheaply built.

Janie, hope you enjoy your seniors fair.

Joanie, you got lots planned today.  Nothing here, but have some (two) doctors appointments later this week and suppose to go down and look at a new car for my wife.  We are thinking about leasing, just makes sense since we are both in our 80's and by the time the lease runs out we more than likely want be driving or dead.

Jackie, good news about your pup.  My dog yesterday and this morning has been in such a loving mood.  She is starting to show her age, muzzle is getting white as snow and slow in getting up and down.  She is such a loving, gentle soul.  I swear she thinks all my kids are her puppies the way she gets all excited when they pull in the drive way and come to the door.  She wags her rear end and sometimes I think it is going to fall off.

Everyone have a great day.

Lloyd Hammond

Nancy checked the rain gauge we 2 1/2" of rain an d calling for more still cloudy here. have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

Good morning.  It seems it will be another day of isolation.  It is supposed to go to upper 90s with "real feel" of 105-107 so I have all the blinds closed and do not plan to go out at all.  Closing the blinds helps to keep the house cool and the A/C running less but it does start to feel like I have been put in solitary confinement.  That's OK as long as the air conditioner and the ceiling fans are working.  If they stop we'll retire to the basement where it stays relatively cool all the time.

Shirley, when it is so hot sometimes there will be a dip in the power system and that will trip some breakers.  No fault of you or your house, and no one living in your basement.  Just this dratted heat and a power company system that is struggling to keep up with the demand.

I'm thinking that perhaps it would be better to do the laundry tonight when the power usage will be down a little.  Haven't made up my mind yet and we haven't had any brownouts but I know this area is using a lot of the available power.  We have a large nuclear power plant just about 15 miles from us so we usually don't have a problem with the supply.

I love sour cherries but they are hard to find.  My mother canned jar after jar of sour cherries from "Dad Martin's" Cherry orchard just a few miles outside of my home town.  We loved her sour cherry pies and she made really good ones.  I have always tried to make as good a pie as she did and never could get the hang of it.

Breakfast is calling and I am away to have a bowl of homemade granola.  I can't eat first thing when I get up but am ready for it after a couple of hours.

phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It was already 87 degrees at 8 am this morning when I went out to water my plants. Our high is predicted at 95 but do expect it to get hotter this afternoon as yesterday we were at 100 degrees. 

I am having a big breakfast today with two delicious South Carolina peaches, a banana, a little glass of cranberry juice, my nutrition drink and the nutrition bar.  I shouldn't need much for lunch.  I did pick four ripe tomatoes but think that is about the end of the crop.  The yellow peppers (only three on the plant) are ready to pick but will leave that up to Pat to say when they are ready.  The only thing on my schedule for today is to attend my Monday noon meeting.

Yesterday after church we did go to Ruby Tuesdays and each had one of their delicious hamburgers with one side using the 2 for 1 coupon. 

Gloria, I can't imagine living in one area for 66 years.  Pat and I have been nomads in comparison.  Many peaceful towns have changed drastically over the years.  I was happy to read your son was able to get you out for a little while yesterday and you got to see that great grandchild.

Joy, do people visiting your building have to stop at the front desk and get a badge to wear while in the building that has their picture on it?  This is what was required in the last building Stacey lived in.  We got to know the front desk folks very well.  I know what you mean about being exhausted when you do much walking in a store like Walmart.  I try to avoid them but do shop at Walmart fairly often and it seems I have to go from one side of the store to the other.  In the past I have used the electric carts, which helped a lot, but now trying to just walk slowly, stop often, and get some steps in for the day. One reason we really like Aldi's is it is small with relatively short aisles and one doesn't feel so exhausted when the shopping is done.

deAngel, I wish South Carolina had the DNR cards for the wallet.  I need to put on file at the University Hospital my final health care instructions. All of the doctor's I see are a part of the University medical system and would then have access to them. 

Shirley, glad that a couple of your electrical problems were so simply solved.  Hope you can get more rest this week. 

Jenny, you and Bob are so fortunate to have so many opportunities to spend such quality time with your children and grandchildren.  It is obvious from your writing how much you enjoy life.  I bet that scooter came in very handy at the zoo yesterday.

Joan, I read the story about the Fort Myers shooting, which was terrible.  I couldn't help question why a 12 year old would be allowed to go to such a party and be out so late. 

Lloyd, I think most big cities are having homicides almost daily.  Glad you got some rain although 2 1/2 inches might be a bit much at one time.

Jackie, sounds like a good vet visit for Benji. 

Hal, did they ever raise Black Diamond watermelons down your way?  I remember how delicious they were as they were a dark red and so juicy.  I have never seen them in the stores here in the South.     

JoanFL

Good morning/lunchtime Vanilla-Jackie.  You are doing everything the Vet told you to do for Benji and that appears to be comforting to him.  The grassed land where you went after the vet sounds so very relaxing.

Gloria--Nice that you got out yesterday since the weather has turned very warm again.  I need to get some apple fritters at the store--haven't had any for ages.

halkel--Good morning.  Weather report here didn't include any possibility of rain. :(  Your dog sure does sound loving.   Sure wish I could have a dog.  What kind of car are you going to get your wife?

Lloyd--We haven't had 2 1/2" of rain total in a couple months.

Phyllis--Good morning.  I can empathize with you about the isolation.  Nobody here has cellars so if the a/c quit, I'd have to go to a hotel/motel.  Like you, I don't care to eat until I've been up a couple hours.

Good morning, Larry.  This intense heat is beginning to get me.  Your breakfast sure was nutritious.  IMO 12 y/o is way too young to be going to those clubs.

halkel

Larry, cant really give you an honest answer.  Seems like they used to grown them, Weatherford, Texas about 17 miles East of my hometown of Mineral Wells used to claim the watermelon capital of the world, but looking at the following link seems things have changed in my lifetime.  They and my area used to grown tons of Alberta peaches, big and juicy.

https://roadtrippers.com/stories/the-watermelon-capital-of-the-world?lat=40.80972&lng=-96.67528&z=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0nVfI1NLyU

Joanie, we are thinking along the lines of a Ford Edge SUV.

JaneS

Larry, I've lived in Lewisburg 71 years this past March.  I was not quite 11 when we moved here.  But I've lived 4 different places in town.  Used to be we knew everyone in town and then even after the town qrew, we knew a lot people because of being in business here.  Now, I can walk down the main street and I don't even recognize most of the stores.

I went to the Senior Fair and it was a waste of time.  If you were interested in collecting business cards and pens for all the nursing homes and services in the valley, it would have been worthwhile.  There was no one there to talk about Medicare and Social Security and that's what I wanted.  They said the representative "would be in later" and I could talk directly to him if wanted to wait.  I didn't. 

Now for some lunch and then the brandied cherries. 

I forgot who it was that mentioned the sour cherries.  I have 11 pints of them in the cupboard.  They do make good pies but I like to just eat them right out of the jars.  They are good for a lot of things, including eyesight.

Vanilla-Jackie

Our vet just phoned, R took the call, I listened.....Benjis numbers have gone up three digits from 11 to 14....Vet said if it had gone up to 20 he would now be very concerned....and more so if it goes up to 30 or 40, Benji's life would be over....Vet told us to give more ratio of Hills Prescription Diet Renal foods, and cut out the treats.....When asked if both kidneys are affected he couldn't give the answer without doing a biopsy, only that his kidneys are working on 25% only....so no telling whether one kidney is good and the other almost packing up.....Benji is fine as I type, best not to know how long we have with him, be it his kidney function or cancer....We have made our next follow up appointment for 30th next month....
Vet also couldn't answer as to whether the cancer is affecting his kidneys...he said there is that possibility...but at present it is not being treated as such...

As long as Benji is eating, still has an interest in playing with his soft toys, wagging his tail, enjoying his walks, looking pleased to see us, giving the odd kiss,...he wont be leaving us yet....

JoanFL

halkel--That's a nice looking vehicle.

Janie--Too bad you wasted your time going to the Fair.  I didn't know that cherries were good for eyesight.  I'll have to tell that to my sister.

Vanilla-Jackie--Best to enjoy Benji while you have him, follow the vet's directives and make good memories with him.

Molly

HAL and Larry - I just read your recent comments RE the delicious Water melons you enjoyed.  That brand is NOT available in our area of NC, but I recall cousins on my maternal side of the family sitting in their Texas farm fields when they took a break from working the huge fields to enjoy those melons.  Their Mom used to put the melons in a small Creek near their back field to keep them cool!

I watched my neighbor mow his lawn a while ago and every time I see him working so hard, I become even more grateful for the local fellows who tend to our yard.  Although I used to do it myself years ago, I sure couldn't do it anymore!

Hope all Friends had an enjoyable weekend and have plans for an interesting week ahead.

halkel

You know Molly, when I was physically able to care for my outside it was one of the most enjoyable jobs going, for me.  I worked in a confined area with no access to windows so you could not even look out.  So, being outside in fresh air and sunshine was great.  Especially after getting everything cut, trimmed and turning the sprinkler on and, then, getting myself an adult beverage just sitting on the patio in a nice easy chair and watching the grass being water......ahhhh, the life of a king.

About 15 years ago my oldest daughter got married in my backyard and we had the reception there.  It was absolutely gorgeous out there.  I then had three large trees, and numerous hanging baskets in full bloom or the foliage was healthy and green.  I guess I could say back in my glory days..... ;D  It still looks decent but the trees are all gone and mos of the hanging plants and now that the wife cant get up and down the flower beds around BBQ and bird bath remain full of weeds and grass and no flowers.  But we still have quite a few plants in containers.

JaneS

I'm finished with the brandied cherries.  There are 13 half pint jars with green lids waiting to be distributed for Christmas.  There is also one very small jar holding 4 leftovers that didn't fit the jars sitting in the fridge for later.  I also had to regretfully dump one broken jar full in the garbage.  I considered picking out the cherries but decided that I didn't want to risk a tiny piece of glass going into my body. 

Also managed to squeeze in a nap while they cooled and now we are having a lovely rain storm.  You can almost hear the ground slurping it up.  All in all, it's been a pretty good day.

Shirley

Larry, I completely forgot about those Black Diamond water melons!  What memories.... at Grandma's house the men would cut the watermelons apart on a wooden bench under a big tree in the back yard.  Only a few cousins on that side but we sure enjoyed the juice dripping down out elbows  & seeing who could spit the seeds the farthest.  By the time I came along we were allowed to eat any of the grapes we wanted, would squeeze those big black one in our mouth (minus the skin) but the green & red ones we ate the skin.  They originally made wine & vinegar with the grapes. 

Jenny, so sorry about your friend, so much sadness, but at least more hope that years ago, right?  Prayers & strong thoughts heading her way.

Jackie, I am amazed at the good care you give your pups..... know how much you & R love them but not many can afford those vet bills.  My sincere compliments for being such good care givers. 

Hal, my husband felt like you.... the yard was his "therapy", being in an office or traveling all the time.  Much as I love the woods & mountains, I don't like the sun and lack of trees.  My river bed/bank is totally shaded, trees bumper to bumper along my side of the bank.  It is much cooler down there than at the house.  He wasn't much good about flowers.... used to grin & apologize for backing up over flowers that he missed on the first run.  I learned to put bricks or something metal around any bushes or plants!  We had neighbors at one time that came from Weatherford, TX.

Not sure if I got in here to say that "I took the bull by the horns" this morning, made the official complaint to the vehicle safety hotline, called all involved (including the dealer I bought from).  Not sure who I talked to, didn't recognize the voice, but I explained I had made the complaint and had called the local TV "on your side" so they might be contacted.  The smart mouth said, "and this affects me how?"  I just said, "you might want to check your inventory to see if you have other units that the tires have rubber valve stems, they are a hazard!" and I just hung up.  I do feel better just taking charge, Ford dealer will order the metal valve stems & they will mount them (at roughly $50-$60 per tire)... only 3 involved but may have that other tire damaged & that would be an additional $200+. The lemon is paid for & warranty gone except for Ford chassis. Not sure how long I will keep it but making plans for fall....   

I agree with all of you that mentioned the power surges..... it happens & can trip a breaker... but in all the times I've dealt with that, it meant having to reset clocks, etc.  Just a fluke & probably never happen again, but something else unexpected will, for sure!   :crazy2:

Think I will treat myself to TX Roadhouse tonight....will get carry out, maybe a nap first. FitBit tells me I did some serious steps & 2+ miles and 7 floors so far today.  I yam weary.

Oh, Jane, sorry about the broken jar... I agree not worth the risk of a speck of glass.   :tissue:

halkel

Shirley,
The beef tips over a bed of rice is good.  And so is their Chicken Fried Steak, except it is B I G.....

Amy

Hal, I have to ask, what is chicken fried steak please?? This is the first I have heard of that.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Molly--I, too, am grateful for the lawn crews we have here.   Of course, we pay plenty for them, but I sure couldn't do it myself.

halkel--Working in the yard and with the flowers and vegetable garden was like therapy for my husband.

Janie--Glad you had a good day.

Shirley--Sure hope in some way you get everything fixed on that lemon RV.  It sure has been nothing but trouble.

Amy--Bet if you "google" you'll get several hits for chicken fried steak.  It's popular in the south.

No June today.  I sure hope she's OK.

angelface555

Amy

Joan, oh my gosh does that look good!!! Enough there for two or three meals!! Thank you I did google :)
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I'm off to Dreamland!  Good Night Everyfriend. 

I too, miss June and I hope she's OK. 

Denver

Good Monday afternoon to EVERYFRIEND! 

It is another scorcher today.....a bit of a cloud cover just came over, so just maybe it will help to cool down a little bit.

Found out today that my 50th class reunion over Labor Day may be cancelled due to lack of interest.  I have had anxiety about going...not really sure why, so it would make me feel better if they do cancel it rather than me have to renig on going! 

SHIRLEY, I will be thinking about you and hoping you get a response to your calls today.  I sure did not like the response from your dealership.  Just thinking about chicken fried steak makes me so hungry. Hope you enjoy your dinner.

JACKIE, good to read some positive comments about Benji rather than everything being bad. I know you are thankful for every minute you have left with him. 

Thank you for the comments and prayers for my dear friend Patti.  I know she is going to do well, but it sure makes me feel better knowing she has your thoughts and prayers.

Oh my, just found my post sitting here waiting to be posted.

Good night and pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"