Random Image

BossCallie and PitBull

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for October 1, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, October 01, 2018, 12:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Nice morning although a tad chill at the moment...26° but clear sky. We are off to the city for another appointment. This one is not until 2 so we don't have to leave early, maybe around 12 we will head out.

Lloyd, that is a nice motor home!! A home away from home you have, you and Nancy will enjoy touring with it.

Joy, we were campers as kids then hubby and I camped but now our camping days are over. Your right you do meet a lot of nice people  and see a lot of beautiful sights!

Jane, I did laundry yesterday as well, we are off to a fall fair tomorrow and then heading to the Park on Sunday if weather permits.

June, you couldn't have said it any better with God's sense of humor plus his eye for colour and the beauty he surrounds us with.

Gloria, I hope your back feels better today. Yesterday I emptied the hot tub and cleaned it with hopes of using it last night but I didn't get it done in time. Water temp was only 78°  when I checked and that is too chilly for me.

Phyliss, I hope everything runs smoothly for you in the repairs and quick also.

Larry, I hope you managed to get more sleep last night. Makes it difficult to get through the day on little sleep.

Better move it...

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're waiting for the pill boinger.  I wonder if the doggies actually know there was no pill in their little snackie this morning.  We used the last of them yesterday and the new supply is due to arrive today.  I don't think it will hurt them to miss one day. 

I'll be off to Wally World to greet my public this morning.  Wish me short lines.  AMY, I wish you safe travels.  WOW!  If that was fahrenheit degrees you reported, you were below freezing!  I'm not ready for that.  I could take about 6 months of the 50s and 60s with snow for Christmas and then a warm up to 70s to low 80s next summer.  I don't ask for much, do I!

LLOYD, I tried to check out your purchase but I must not have clicked the right buttons.  Maybe I'll try again later today.

I wish you all a good day.  Make it your own in every way.  God gave it to us to use as we wish.  I'm thinking about mine!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Jane, I finally got in. Had trouble earlier..yes that is Fahrenheit …..frost on the grass which is good for the neighbours dog . He is allergic to something in the grass??

Lloyd, I hope you don't mind but here is your motorhome for all to see.

https://www.purplewave.com/auction/180926/item/DF4318
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, woke to sunshine this morning, beautiful and 55°. Local forecast said it will get into the upper 40s tonight, good for sleeping with the BR window open a little.

JANE  I am getting ready to get rid of this computer and call it quits. Then I think I would miss my cyber family  too much to get rid of it. This building is wired for Cox and we cannot get any other carrier. At least one day a week Cox will be out for an hour or more. Seems like when I am watching something I am enjoying. There are 4 computers downstairs in the library and only one is working and that is only to play games on. They were all working when I moved here, the witch will not "waste" the money to have them worked on. Quite a few used to use them before.

LLOYD  WOW  that is huge. Good thing you have experience driving big rigs. Looks great and lot of room inside. I wish you many happy hours traveling with it.

AMY just heard in the places away from where they get the official temperatures it might get down to upper 30's tonight and some place in Canada might get snow. Now that is too early for snow. How hot would the water in the hot tub be for you to enjoy? Humidity is down so back feels better than yesterday. Been doing too much this week and that is a no no for me now.

JANE  how about short lines, few purchases and all smiling faces?

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Amy No problem I need all the help I can get and do like to share. never know when we may show up on your door step and or any other S & F's  and take you or them to dinner. it is 58º and cloudy calling for 84º and thunder storms today.
Sunday is first chance that we can all get together and go get it we are chomping at the bit to get it and start traveling. we plan on getting it Sunday
bring it home and get it loaded with food utensils dishes and clothes fill the water tanks and fuel tanks. head for page Arizonian first see brother and son and there family's. then on to Boise Idaho. you will have to give us directions form there to you if we can get to you from there, if you would want to see us. hsve a great rest of the day.

Lloyd
i

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is another clear day that is going to be hot by the afternoon.  When I went into my office this morning and looked out the window I saw workmen digging big deep holes between the curb and the sidewalk in all of the yards and starting to bury the fiber optic cable that AT&T is installing to provide cable service to our area.  I knew this was going to happen but it was still a bit of a shock. 

The housekeeper will be here shortly and that is all that is on the schedule for today.  Yesterday was a very busy day as while I was at coffee a friend called saying they were in the area and wondered if we would be able to meet them for a late lunch.  We were delighted to do so and we visited for about 2 1/2 hours as the restaurant wasn't busy.  I had gone to coffee and then made the hour drive to the Walmart and back for the groceries before we went to met them.  By the time we got home I was extremely tired and sure feel the results of the day today, even though I had a very good nights sleep.

Jane, I hadn't thought about replacing the circuit boards in the TV but know my son has had that done. Do you do a crossword puzzle each day?  My grandmother loved crossword puzzles and kept a puzzle book in the purse so that if she was waiting in the car she was never bored.  I do a couple of crossword puzzles each afternoon that are online and turn the letters red if they are wrong. 

Phyllis, it sounds like you are doing all you can do with the insurance company and the roofer.  Glad to see you back posting. 

Lloyd, I hope you got the motor home and are pleased with your purchase.  A bill of sale marked paid is always a good thing.  I am like Jane I really wouldn't want to be rich as it would probably have wrecked my life.  God has provided all that we need and some extra.  I just checked out that site and what a nice looking motor home.  It looks like you will have comfortable living out on the road.  Come and visit us and we will be most happy to take you and Nancy out for a good meal. 

Gloria, we sat in the booth at the restaurant so long yesterday that Pat could hardly get up and I think she pulled something and is paying for it today.  You might want to consider getting a Chromebook.  It is limited but there is no maintenace required nor any danger of picking up a virus.  You can use the internet but it does have some limitations.  They are inexpensive and I really enjoyed mine until I got my foot caught in the power cord and pulled off my table by my easy chair.  That was not good for it.   They are very lightweight.  Just a thought. 

June, we can really see some interesting cloud formations.  The entrance to our house is on a bluff and we have a great view of the clouds anytime we leave or return from our neighborhood.  I hope today will be a good day for you. 

Amy, it sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. I did have about 10 1/2 hour using the oxygen and sleeping most of that time but am still really weary today.  I am looking forward to finishing lunch in a little bit so I can lay down and rest this afternoon.  Our housekeeper always does the master bedroom and bathroom first so I can have it after lunch.     

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Have been to the bank and the pharmacy  (one mile there - one mile back  :thumbup: )

Since there's nowhere else I have to be and no one coming here  :thumbup:   :thumbup:, I guess I'll have to tend to Domestic Duties and wait for The Rains To Come.   
All the forecasts sound as if we should be loading the Ark!  We shall see. 

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

JaneS

I'm home from work, had my lunch, gave the doggies a snack and read everything posted.  I'm more tired than I thought so I'm going to sluff off this afternoon.  That means I'm going to be a sluggard.  And that means a "do-nothing".  I'm really hoping that Cathy doesn't call to see if I want to go to the Amish Store.  I'd be hardpresses to say NO but I know I should.  I just really hate to give up a couple hours with my daughter.

Lloyd, that's some motor home!  I don't think you'll be doing much "camping" in it.  It's much to elegant to be called a "camper".  I wish you happy days, good visits and safe travels.

Maybe I'll go see if there are any zzzzs  on the sofa before she calls.

Yes, Larry, I do a crossword puzzle every morning.  But mine doesn't tell me if the letters are wrong.  The whole word turns yellow if it right.  And you can select easy, medium or hard.  I always do the hard one.  I got my love for puzzles from my grandmother, too.  She did the one in the paper every day until she discovered that I liked doing them too.  Then she would hand them over to me and say, "You do as much as you can, and I'll finish it.  I was about 12.  Shortly after my 15th birthday, I handed one over to her and she looked it over and said, "You finished it!"  She couldn't stop telling our family and friends and anyone who would listen how smart I was!

I hope you all are having a special day!  Remember, it's yours!

Mary Ann

Jane, my dad and I both liked to do crossword puzzles and I'd buy the Dell books at the grocery store - two of them, one for each of us.  I used to do a puzzle each night when I went to bed until my eyesight wouldn't let me do them anymore without glasses.  Oh, i always started at the back of the book on the Challenger, then the Expert, then Hard and I maybe did some of the Medium if I didn't have a new book already.  They were fun.

The computer has overtaken many of the things I used to do.

Mary Ann

Denver

I just had to come in and wish you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING, AMY. 

Thank you for sharing the pictures of LLOYDS new motor home, AMY.  MY OH MY, that is quite the RIG you have.  So happy for you and Nancy....I wish you many many fun filled miles of happiness in it! 

I wish you all a good rest of your evening.....we will be celebrating early birthdays for our two grandsons birthdays tonight.  There days are the 13th and 20th, but we will be back home then. 

One more day here tomorrow then we will be winging our way home very early Sunday Morning.  I am ready to get home and relax from our wonderful time here with our boys. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Jenny thank you and Happy Columbus day to you and all the others here..

Glad to get back home , out of the traffic and into a warm home...

Putting my feet up and doing nuthin :)
Jimmy Dean

Joy

Good Evening.

I had a busy day and just getting around in time to just say Hello !

This day just flew by.  I slept in a little bit,... then had a lengthy phone call with the daughter of a long-time friend of over 50 years.  My friend is not doing well and is being a very stubborn patient in a rehab place.  She is not able to go back home and blames her daughter for everything.  They are trying to get her into a long-term place and she is just refusing anything that is suggested to her.   Won't take her medicine and ready to sue all the nurses and doctors.  I just feel so bad for her daughter, as she has no other family willing to help out even a little bit. Her father is in the beginning stages of dementia and not any help, either. Such a sad situation.  I would love to be able to go talk to her and try to get some things across to her, but I can't jeopardize my health,  as I don't want to go into a place where there are a lot of sick people. 

Then the nurse was an hour late coming,,, which made lunch late...had exercises to do and then my son and DIL came and brought dinner.  He took my dining room table apart and was going to take it to the Mission place that takes furniture.  I don't use the table much anymore and it does give me a little more room to move around.  I plan to get a little drop-leaf table.  Just a little bare looking now.

I hope that everyone will have a good rest of the evening.

Will try to get here a little earlier tomorrow.

Joy
BIG BOX

June Drabek

This has been a good day, lovely weather. My housekeeper did "deep" cleaning this week, so I spent time in our third floor lobby reading. I was slow today, but ended up doing more than I thought I could. Have had two full weeks of not feeling good, but I think I may be on the mend. I pray so, I don't want to decline.

Late yesterday, the vampire arrived and left me short two vials of blood, and another person collected urine, so hopefully they will find what has made me feel so out of it. after a long nap, and made myself go out for a walk, pruned my fingernails, picked up some bananas , cereal, pastry in the dining room, another book from the library, and now here.

Just had a call from the nurse down stairs, Dr. wants me to have a Gator Ade once a day...sodium is  still too low, even tho I take two salt tablets a day.  O.K.  whatever will be will be.Time to have some supper, then a shower then into bed and book.

Keep well dear hearts, God grant you a peaceful night. Hugs, Love, and Prayers. June

As long as we are here, let's dance.

so_P_bubble

Mary Anne, for years I had a subscription to Dell Puzzles. I started that when I was pregnant and had to stay in bed for two/three months. Then I became addicted.
Now Dell is defunct apparently. The PennyDell publications are not the same.

What about sharing the on-line Xwords sites. Mary Anne, Larry? I'd like to try those.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Couldn't stay in bed, sleep just wasn't there so we (the dogs) and I got up. Fire is crackling away and my tea is made. :thumbup:

Taking hubby to a fall fair today for his birthday..I think son and daughter in love will be meeting us there. I didn't think he would be home from Utah till later today but he phoned last night to say he was 1 1/2 hours away from home.

Joy, that is so sad about your friend, is there any way they could include Dad in the move with their Mom? Maybe that is why she is dragging her feet, doesn't want to leave her hubby.

June , sounds like you had a very productive day......good for you!!

Gloria, when I looked at the temp in the hot tub it had rose to 78......I like it at 98 much nicer and no goosey bumps :)

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. it is @ 4:30 AM currently 73º  clear and calling for thunder storms through out the day. now isant that confusing. Have a good day
everyone. thanks for the comment's on our newly purchase of the new to us Motor home.we go to pick it up tomorrow. we went yesterday and bought Nancy
a new cell phone it sure is deferant she can talk to it and it recognizes her voice and answer's her question like directions to Page Arizona and draws a rout to there from where she is to it. dose a good job of it also. we have traveled to there many times as that is where my brother and our sun lives. well son lives on the Navajo reservation just out of Page.close enough for government work.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Due to a stint of watching TV through my eyelids last night, we went to bed kind of late so slept in this morning.  We're waiting for the boing now so the doggies can have their breakfast. 

It looks like it's going to be a nice day today.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do but I have a list for WM that has to be done before the TX/OK ladies arrive.  I just might do that today. 

And I might bake some cookies.  I have a new recipe I've been wanting to try.  We shall see!  Enjoy your day! It's yours so grab it an do whatevery pleases you!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 47° and almost 9 am. Wonder how low it got. Had a sleepless night, fell asleep about 4 this morning, hate nights like that.

LARRY  I wonder how I would like a tablet  of any kind. I like the big monitor I have for the PC.

AMY  I know nothing about hot tubs, no one in the family has one. Must be nice to sit in that warm water and relax.

Not up to "talking" today, think I will go lay on the couch and watch TV and hopefully fall asleep.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are expecting a mostly sunny day with a high once again in the lower 90's.  I am hoping to have a somewhat busy day, at least more productive than yesterday.  I want to attend my weekly meeting this morning and then make a quick stop at Aldi's for just a few items.  I also need to stop at the service counter at Walmart and return a substitute that was put in the online grocery order that isn't what Pat wanted.  I may pick up a quick sandwich before I come home so I can rest when I get back.  There are a number of good football games on starting at noon so will watch some of them later this afternoon.

Callie, hope you didn't get enough rain to need the Ark.  It is always pleasant to get the day's chores done and have the rest of the day free. 

Jane, from your posting this morning it appears that your daughter didn't call about going to the Amish Market yesterday.  Glad you would take yesterday afternoon and evening to relax and watch TV through your eyelids.  I have bought a few crossword puzzle books in the past but probably no more since I can work them on the computer. I don't think I ever got too many of the hard ones done.  Both Pat and I like the find a word books and buy quite a few of these at the dollar store. 

Mary Ann, I think working the crossword puzzles helps keep our minds active.  I often find I don't know the word when I first consider the clue but can come back to it a little later and it comes to me.  This tells me my mind is searching my memory data bank for info stored there. 

Jenny, I bet the boys were happy with the birthday celebration and nice you all could celebrate with them before you left.  Hope you trip back home today will be nice and smooth. 

Amy, Happy Thanksgiving to you all.  I think Columbus Day is basically another day for the stores and usually only the Government workers get the day off as one of their paid holidays.  It sounds like it will be nice and fall feeling at the fair today.  I hope you husband stands up to it well.  It sounds like fun time with your son and his wife.

Joy, so sad when older parents become cantankerous. I feel for that lady's daughter.  I think a lot of older people have unpleasant memories of nursing homes of old but there are many fine places anymore.

June, glad they are doing some tests and that low sodium is probably why you have felt so bad the last couple of weeks.  I hope the Gator Aid is helpful and sure won't hurt you. 

Bubble, here are the crossword puzzles site I work each afternoon on the computer:  https://puzzles.usatoday.com/crossword/  and
https://www.seattletimes.com/games-universal/?amu=/iwin-crossword  Be sure to toggle the Seattle Times puzzle  as that lets you see the clues.  Also the other takes a few second to load onto the screen. 

Lloyd, that sounds like a very nice cellphone you Nancy got yesterday.  I hope she likes it.  Has she had a smart phone before?

The men putting in the fiber optic cable worked until dark last night and it is buried and today they seem to be just putting things back as they were.  They put the dirt on a big tarp after cutting out the sod that is then place back over the hole once it is filled it.  For some reason the one in front of my house and one across the street still have a big piles of dirt so they still have to be finished up. 

Gloria, that is pretty chilly up your way.  I also hate your sleepless night as I suppose we all do.  Hope you can get more rest today. 

so_P_bubble

Amy Thanks for the link. I complete the first one easily and am happy to see I have not 'lost the touch'  :}

Thanks Larry, I saved the links and will try later.  I need to use my thinking brain more, and less use it for worrying!

Joy

I am a little earlier today, getting in here.

Have been a kind of lazy today.  Didn't have a lot to do and taking advantage of that.  However, I find that if I have things that have to be done,  I feel so much better.  I was getting used to getting up real early in the rehab center and  did keep that up when I got home.   I have gotten a little lax on that now.  But, sometimes that nice warm bed seems to be calling me to just stay put. 

I still like to use the paper-back crossword puzzle books.  I have done the on-line ones, but it seems like you have to keep going back and forth looking up the clues.  I have already printed out some of them to do in writing.  I haven't had any of the books for a while now.  Once in a while there is one in our laundry room, and I will do some of them while waiting for my laundry to get done.

I think it is so important to keep your mind active,  and the crossword puzzles are great for that.  Makes you think harder.

June, hope the tests you will have will give you some idea about why you have not been feeling so "chipper".

Gloria, sorry you are not up to doing a lot of talking today.  I know how you feel when you don't sleep so well.  Thankfully, I have been sleeping so much better since I was sick.  Don't know the reason for that, tho.  Sure do feel better, tho.

Gloria,  you might like a tablet .   I really like my Kindle.  I can do a lot with it. I like to play a couple card games on it,  and I can get into Facebook on it, and I can get onto the internet on it, also. I don't usually get on the Internet , except maybe to just look things up.  I don't do any shopping on it.  I also have a lot of books that I can read on it. Sometimes I have a hard time holding onto an actual book and the Kindle works better.  I have so many books that I will never live long enough to read them all.

Jenny, I hope you have a safe trip back home.   I can understand how hard it is watching the little ones as you get older.  But, I also, know it is hard to "Just say No".  I love seeing my little ones, but they do tend to wear you down.   I have never had to watch them, and I know I would not be up to it now.  Even tho, I love being with them. 

Jane, I know you are looking forward to having your family visit and especially, to see that sweet little Emma. 

I hope everyone will have a nice rest of the afternoon.

Joy

BIG BOX

Denver

S P E C I A L 
                  🎂 H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y 🎂
                                W I S H E S

🎈🎈 P H I L L I S  🎈🎈

I hope you have been able to relax and enjoy YOUR day❣️
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Amy

There was rain all around but not where we were! The fair was fun ,we met up with son and daughter in love and had a great time.

:hb3: Phyliss, may you be blessed with many more.. :hb3:

All that walking tuckered me out!
Jimmy Dean

CallieOK

:hb3: Phyllis

Even thought I would have lost the bet,  I miss having Hal from Texas to "spar" with re: the OU/Texas football game - a/k/a  "The Red River Shootout".

Hoping Everyfriend Everywhere has had an Enjoyable Day.

Lloyd Hammond

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHYLLIS. it is raining here now. cant decide if it wants to rain very light or turn the clouds over and dump them. light again now but thundering hard in the distance. so before i forget i am bidding you all sweet dreams and good Night.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Callie, I sure miss our Hal too. I always enjoyed your "bets" and joshing. He was a very special person. And how I miss our Joan, Bis. But aren't we fortunate to have known them. ?!

I went down for a good lunch today, and am trying to decide if I should venture down to hear George Rossi play the songs we love. I usually end up dancing to some of them, and I don't want to be foolish and push too hard. Two weeks of weakness has not been fun. We'll see.........

As long as we are here, let's dance.

Shirley

:hb3: :hb2: :hb3:Happy Birthday, Phyllis! Thought of you today as I stopped in Ottawa for gas & food to go.  I started the morning being hot & putting on the coolest clothes I had in the RV.... but by the time I got to Ottawa wind directions switched & I was wishing for a sweatshirt.  For as long as I can remember that one exit at Ottawa has had a McDonald's across from a gas station & a big parking lot behind the McDonald's where I can park the elephant & get out without any trouble.

I agree, miss Hal & his "pup" and teasing.  Miss a lot of friends we've lost along the way.  My 65th high school class reunion /luncheon was almost sad this week, so many with serious health issues.  One nice surprise was the "kid" that we had the party -wake for a couple years ago because he was given 6 months to live, came to the reunion in a wheel chair but happy to make the trip (about 85 miles one way), thanks to a good friend driving him. He is not at all bitter about the mis-diagnosis, but the fact his muscles were not given physical therapy is the reason for the wheel chair. By the time doctors realized he didn't have what they thought, the muscles were too far gone to recover. He is just happy to be alive. 

I've been awake since about 3:30 am and need to get to bed. Glad to see everyone checking in & okay.

Oh, I checked out your new motorhome, Lloyd, looks like a great buy.  Not sure how the mileage is with that one compared with my gas guzzler, but I was moaning every time I had to put in more than most trips because of wind. Did okay on the trip TO Missouri but used way more than normal on the trip home, besides prices went up-up lately. Mine holds 55 gallons so a groan with every fill.  Happy trails to you...........

JaneS

Busy day today and I'm really ready to hit the hay!  I accomplished everything I set out to do and I'm tired!  Sooooooo, Good Night Everyfriend!  Sleep well and wake happy!  May God bless us, every one!