Random Image

Brynn-Shea

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe, October 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, October 14, 2018, 11:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phyllis

Just to mark my place.  I'll get back.......eventually.   :D
phyllis
Cary,NC

Denver

Good morning.  Sun is out and it is beginning to warm up some.  Bob has been out blowing the leaves off of our patio....I think they were 4inches deep.  Our yard service comes to pick them up....hopefully tomorrow.  Our tree out front still has most of it’s leaves left to fall but most others are now pretty much done.  Bob will have to get up and clean out the gutters but I asked him to wait a couple of days more to let the rest of them fall. 

JANE, good for you getting the carpet cleaning done today.  I hope your insulation guys heals quickly so he can finish that task for you. 

Dr. Dave and Family arrived home safely last night.  Their flight was nearly 3 hours delayed, so the lost some precious time that sure would have been nice to have at home last evening to help them get ready for everyone to start their da6 today.  They have to all be very tired as they seemed to never stop while they were in London to even take a breath!  They sure did have a lovely vacation there. 

I had some sad news from my neighbor, Pam. A few weeks ago she had to have more surgery on her stump of one of her legs.  Sadly, it is not healing well at all and she has been going every week day to the hospital to spend a few hours in the  hyperbaric chamber.  It is not healing well at all and she has been told that even AFTER it heals she will have to have another surgery on it meaning she has months ahead of her being in her wheel chair to look forward to.  Bless her heart, she has tried to be so positive and do what she needs to and it just seems that it is never going to end and let her have a break.  I am just heart sick for her.  Continued thoughts and prayers for her is appreciated. 

LARRY, I am so sorry to read that Pat Halback is st8ll having more problems with her new hip.  She is another one tha5 just ca; not catch a break. 

Now new inf from family in Florida.  We have read that they have restored power and water to the beach west of Panama City, but not in town yet.  Bless those poor people as they are far from seeing any normalcy to their lives for a good long while. 

Hey, PHYLLIS...nice to see you mark your spot.  Hugs and well wishes to you today.

Enjoy the rest of your day, EVERYFRIEND.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

Jenny, I am praying that God is enfolding Pam in His loving.healing arms.It must be very discouraging for her to have to face more and more treatments.

We Red Hatters did our sing over at the Elwood building and it is a pleasure to bring some joy into their midst. Some of them sang along with us, and that makes us joyful too. I am tired though and will spend a quiet evening at home. We will do one more performance on Friday morning, and that will be it. Tomorrow morning is Bible study with our Pastor. It is my Gary's turn, but he and Dori are out of town for two days. then Gary will do two weeks in a row to make up for his absence.

I hope you are all well, and have a peaceful night. Prayers, hugs, and love...always and ever, June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

The living room is all put back together with everything washed and/or dusted before it was allowed back in.  I talked to the Dynamo tonight and she'll be here while I'm at work.  I told her she doesn't have to do anything in the living room so she said, "OK, I give special attention to the rest of the house."  And she will!  I think it's a problem to her that she doesn't really have enough time to do what she sees as needing done.  She keeps running overtime and I try to add a little to the next pay to take care of that.

Also, my good neighbors across the street trimmed my 5 overgrown Rose of Sharon bushes today.  I have two big bags of cuttings to get rid of and tomorrow, the part of the landfill that lets you dump that kind of stuff is open tomorrow so my son will dispose of them for me. 

I'm just getting all spiffed up...tired too.  So I'm off to bed.  Sleep well my friends and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well today has been a good day and tomorrow is supposed to be even better.
It is time I bid you all sweet dreams and good night.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning my friends!  Last night I did what my grandmother used to describe as "slept the sleep of the blessed".  I feel rested and ready to challange the day.  Thank you God!

I got up to a temp of 36º!  That's not so far above freezing!  I'm ready for a nice frost and then Indian Summer! 

This will be short because I have to make dog food before the boinger goes and then get dressed and finish putting a few things away before I go to work because I'm probably going to pass my Dynamo in the driveway.  She said she'd probably be here around 10 or so and I have to be to work at 10:30.  The nice part of that is that she can give the doggies their snack at lunch time and I can take a sandwich to work.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm extra tired because I wait to have lunch when I get home on these late days.

Wish me smiles and short lines!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.  It's yours!  Make it special in your own way! 

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was a  fantastic day! Hubby got good news from the Dr..she is not changing a thing as the meds are doing their job now. Lunch was nothing but fun and laughter, even some of the other patrons joined in the fun.
Today is to take the script to the pharmacy for hubby to get the shingles vaccine and then I need to do somethin g with the pastry that is already made up in the fridge....apple pies for the freezer I think.

Jenny prayers for your friend let's hope things turn around for the better for her.

Larry, I hope Pat H is also on the med. I didn't have any luck at the one quilt shop I go to so it may mean a trip to the one further away, with the choco factory in the town. You know, the one town that leaves my wallet empty lol.

Jane,sounds like everything is coming together as you wanted....one more sleep and you will be hugging that little bundle of joy!!!

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well Peter and I had a good chat a few min ago  on Skype Nancy and Gene his wife were both in good moods with smiling faces.
so we had a good chat all four of us in a four way talk , Janes wish you a short lines and smiling faces. Shirley sent me a great email yesterday. I am going to try  to get here on the phone today and visit a while if she is not too busy. we are not get to going as soon as we planed, Bob hasent got things in line to where he can take care of things here where we planed while we are gone. so some time next weak will be the jump off time. will be OK with me Nancy Is getting even more excited than I am tho. Hope you all have a great day just as you like.

Lloyd

Joy

Just wishing you all a quick Good Morning.

Amy, great news from your husband's doctor.  That kind of news is always welcomed.

LLoyd,  just take your time getting everything ready,  You want to have everything in order before you leave on your travels and then all you will have to worry about is to have a "Terrific Trip"

Jane, Hope all will go well for you today and everything will be ready for your family's visit.  I am sure everyone is getting really excited.

Jenny, I, too,  feel so sorry for your friend/neighbor.  That must be such a difficult ordeal for her.  I hope it all will have a good outcome.

I have some paperwork that I want to get in order and finish up some chores,.  My doctor's appointment isn't until 3, so I will not have to rush getting ready.

Have a great Wednesday.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. My morning is starting out at 67 degrees and is to get into the low to mid 80's this afternoon.  Pat did not go and help with the Bazaar setup preparation as it required a lot of carrying of items from one building to another and that is something she can no longer do.  However, she does want to go down and take the Bazaar is this morning so I will be taking her later this morning.  This evening we plan on going back to the Church for our Wednesday Night dinner and then enjoying a time of visiting with Scott. I know of nothing else on the schedule for today. 

Yesterday we did go to Pizza Hut for our main meal of the day.  They have a noon buffet 5 days a week.  We stopped at the Pharmacy where we got the Rollator to see about an attachment so the cane could be affixed to the Rollator and they didn't have one in stock that would work with the model of Rollator that Pat has.  I did not hear back yesterday from the man I contacted to pressure wash the house and hope to hear from him today.

Gloria, nice to see you finally had some sunshine yesterday and had the help you needed getting your winter clothes out.  My summer and winter clothes all fit on my one rack in our big closet. 

Jane, glad the carpet cleaners finally came. It sounds like your house is going to be very spiffy for your company and for you in the year ahead.  Having visitors does seem to spur us on to get things done that might have been put off.  I don't think more than two or three dishes have been removed and used from our china cabinet and the rest just sit there and look nice.  I doubt we ever use our China and crystal again.  No wonder you had a good nights sleep last night as you did a lot of work yesterday.  I do wish you smiles and short lines today.   

June, we got our absentee ballots a few days ago and I have mine ready to mail.  We had to have our signatures witnesses and Pat should get hers done Friday and will ask the housekeeper to witness her signature. 

Jenny, is it wise for Bob to try to clean the gutters as that will require ladder work won't it.  I don't have that problem here as these houses have no gutters.  I know you were glad to have Dr. Dave and family safely back home from their vacation.  So sorry your neighbor is having such a time healing.  Is she a diabetic?  I remember Stacey always had a tough time healing and although she was fitted with an artificial leg she never was able to actually use it for walking very much.  Unfortunately the poor people so impacted from the Hurricane will have a long time before any semblance of normalcy will return to their lives.  I saw some pictures from Southern Georgia showing row after row of downed pecan trees and they said about 70% of the trees had been lost.  It will take up to 10 years for replanted trees to be productive again.  That is the source of a lot of the pecans so know the prices for them will certainly be up in the years ahead.

Amy, here we do not need a special script to get the flu, pneumonia or shingles shots.  It is nice to read your husband had such a good visit with the cardiologist and that you had a fantastic day.  Laughter is the best medicine.  I know you must be heart broken to have to go to the other quilt store and where the chocolate factory is located.  It is tough work but someone has to do it.  :)

Lloyd, sorry to read that you have had to change your plans for starting your motor home phase of life.  The days go by so quickly though that next week will be here before you know it. 

Joy, I hope your doctor's appointment goes well today. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, the sun is shining and the sky is blue, 42° and the weather person says into the 60s today. Spring on the way back? Nope, tomorrow we will be lucky to get into the low 40's.

JUNE  have to admire your "get up and go". You do much more than I am able to.

JANE  your home is all Spick"n Span" waiting for your family to arrive. Bet you are just aching to hold Emma in your arms and cuddle her.

AMY  wonderful news from your hubby's doctor yesterday.

LARRY  the one closet here is also used for storing things so not enough room for all clothes. Winter ones are more bulky than summer ones and not it is crowed in that closet.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

The weather was so drizzly and messy when I came out of the grocery store yesterday that I skipped doing other errands and came home.
Was very glad I did because Miss Ellen called just after I walked in the door and we had a wonderful 30+ minute visit - until she had to leave to go to work.
The first weekend of "Cabaret" performances went well and the house was "sold out".  Hope both continue for the remaining two weekends.  Her parents will be there this weekend and her aunt/uncle the next one.  An Oklahoma Fan Club!!!
She has found another interesting way to make some money.  She has registered with an Events Staffing Company.  She tells them the days she'll be available (I didn't ask within what time frame) and, if they are staffing an event that day, they contact her - she works it - and gets paid.   :thumbup:  That's how she ended up working a location for a Fish Count on the rivers around NYC and some kind of Festival in the big park in Brooklyn.
She can work this around her job as a restaurant hostess, auditions and (hopefully) performances and, of course, every little $ in her pocket is A Good Thing.

Today's weather is very nice (so far - rain supposed to move in tonight/tomorrow  :( ) and I've spent the morning going "all around the town".  Took a big bag of no-longer-needed clothes to our local charity,  went to my church's Pumpkin Patch and got a pumpkin and some gourds to "arrange" around the tree in my front yard, and did the usual Braum's/Walgreens stops.   

I've become somewhat addicted to Progresso brand Tomato Bisque soup - and, although the mega-grocery carries Progresso soups, it does not have the tomato bisque.  Only place I've found it is - of all places - Walgreens!  I got several cans this morning.

Now it's lunch time.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

:hugs:

Mary Ann

Callie, we've been getting Progresso Chicken Noodle soup which has much more chicken and noodles in it.  I love Tomato Bisque soup and have been making my own from Campbell's Tomato soup.  I'll have to see if my store has the Progresso brand.  We order online and I just added some foods and I'll go back!

We have a sunny but cool day today - it's in the high 40s; the thermometer wavers between 49 and 50 but I think the sun is hitting it.

Mary Ann

PS Callie - I looked at our store site and there are four Progresso Tomato soups, two with basil, none called Bisque, however, one is a creamy soup and I think milk is one ingredient for bisque soup.  I also chop up an onion slice fine and add paprika, salt and pepper.  It suits my taste, anyway.

CallieOK

Mary Ann,  Crest had several other kinds of Progresso "flavored" tomato soup - but not the bisque.  Isn't the first thing they haven't had that other stores do - but I didn't expect to find it in the small grocery section of Walgreen's!

Lloyd Hammond

Good evening everyone. very nice day here I even got some work done in the shop on the cattle panels for the carol i am building to work with the Half round
pin to the squeeze shoot. if I were not so old I would go back to English class
and try to learn how to spell. this spell checker drives crazy. I butcher's some words so bad it wont even try to fix them.

Mary Ann

Lloyd, don't worry about your spelling because most of the time we can figure out what you are saying.

Mary Ann

JaneS

I didn't have short lines today but I managed to make even the grumpy ones smile.  All the major cleaning is done.  I have to change the bed and wash the bedding tomorrow but that's not too big a job.

Gonna make this short because I'm so tired all I want to do is lie down.  Most of what needs doing before guests is done.  About all I have to do now is the the stuff I suddenly remember that I hadn't even thought about before.  There's always something.  I wonder what it will be tomorrow

Shirley

Jane, most of all get some rest so you can make that baby smile!  Enjoy!

Callie, that grand of yours is a delight to read about.... what an upbeat person she is & so full of spunk. 

My daughter just got in town & brought me over 2 stacks of DVDs (must be at least 50) to watch in the RV (could not get good reception on the antenna last time I was at the lake in MO... the bedroom TV has a built in DVD player.  The big TV over the "cab" has a separate DVD player but it is harder for this short person to reach into the cabinet next to the TV to put them in or take out. Besides, the cats want to be where I am so the king size bed is best place for us.  Probably the last trip until spring, got to get it winterized & then take care of the pool & everything else, but given half a chance we might get away again.

Good night, sweet dreams and God Bless Us All...

roley

A little late for me unfortunately but what a dream !.    Cheers  Roley.  :thumbup:
Click Here...….
https://youtu.be/CDsNZJTWw0w

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. thanks Peter for this link 

( https://youtu.be/CDsNZJTWw0w ) click and watch and enjoy everyone.
If this dose not work maybe Peter can and will post it he is smarter than I.
top of the day to you all.

Lloyd

Amy

Good  morning...

Slept in again and off and running this morning. Need to wash my dirty vehicle and put away a few things from outside, most has been done but there are some urns that need to be put away.

-8° C this morning, they got snow to the south of us but we didn't get any!!

Jane I would imagine the excitement is similar to Christmas day in your home right now.....waiting on your family to arrive. ENJOY!!!

Will be back later.
Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Amy on the c scale we here in central MO. are at 4º F scale are @ 40º and clear.
stay warped warm when you go out. have a great day,

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I couldn't finish my post last night because the keyboard locked.  But it seems to be working fine this morning.

AMY, the excitement I'm feeling today is far greater that anticipation of Christmas gifts.  Christmas has it's own special anticipation with the happenings long ago but today is going to be and I'm so excited I'm going to burst!  I finish a chore and I think of it.  I have lunch and I think of it.  I wake up and I think of it.  SHE'S COMING!  TONIGHT!

I'll try to check in from time to time and maybe Cindy can teach me to post while Emma sleeps.  I won't be on the computer while she's awake.

Have a great day Everyfriend.  In my mind no ones day can compare with mine but you do your own thing and make it special to you!

Sandy

Quote from: roley on October 18, 2018, 03:48:18 AM
A little late for me unfortunately but what a dream !.    Cheers  Roley.  :thumbup:
Click Here...….
https://youtu.be/CDsNZJTWw0w

Thank you Roley,  That was awesome.
Sandy  :)
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Finally we are to have a cooler day only getting up to in the low 70's this afternoon.  This morning it is a pleasant 64 degrees outside.  This is a good morning for a sweater or a light jacket when going out.  I will be picking up my friend and we will go downtown to coffee this morning and after I return him home I will stop at the pickup point and get the grocery order at Walmart that Pat placed a couple of days ago. That is my schedule for today.  Yesterday we did have a pretty busy morning as went down to the Church Bazaar for an hour or so and left a few dollars in the cash box.  We then went to the barber shop where we each got a needed haircut and finally to Walmart Pharmacy where Pat got a flu shot and a Shingles Shot.  I checked my records and found I did have the pneumonia shot a couple of years ago and had forgotten and that I was in error thinking I had to have a second flu shot.  So am down to only needing one more shingles shot and I will be all caught up on shots. I went to the Wednesday night dinner at the Church and Scott joined me and then came out to the house.  I bought a take out meal to bring home to Pat as she was too tired to go back downtown.     

Gloria, it is time for some fall type weather.  I hope you felt up to getting some of the sun and nice temperature yesterday. I understand your closet situation as we have lived in houses before with very small closets.  Fortunately this house and the two before had very nice sized closets.  The apartment house where Stacey lived for 6 years had no closets but just a short clothes rack and shelf on one wall. 

Callie, how great that Miss Ellen's parents will be able to see her performance is Cabaret as well as her aunt and uncle.  Glad she has found a supplemental job that works around her other commitments. If we buy canned soups to eat as soup I prefer the Progresso.  Pat does use other brands in cooking.  I am not a big fan of tomato soup but do like the tomato bisque soup that we get from Costco. 

Lloyd, I have always been able to read and understand your postings and I think you do very well.

Jane, it sounds like the weight of getting ready for your weekend family visitors has lifted since you are basically ready.  Glad you could make the grumpy customers smile.  Do you use a wireless keyboard and if so your batteries may be getting pretty weak.  Glad you were able to get back on this morning. 

Shirley, it sounds like with all those DVD's to watch you will need to get another trip in before you winterize your motor home.   

Roley, I will check out the link you posted a little later today.  You sure did post late or early depending on one's view. 

Amy, I just had my iPhone Siri convert your temperature this morning and it is equilivent to 17 degrees here.  That is cold and it is not likely we will see it get that cold here all winter. 

CallieOK

Good Morning, Everyfriend,

JaneS,   I'll bet you're  "Livin' On Tulsa Time" today.....and, of course, at least a little bit on Texas Time.

Mary Ann,  the can of Progresso Tomato Bisque lists ingredients (other than additives I don't recognize) as:  tomato puree (tomato paste/water), water, corn starch, sugar, soybean oil, salt, garlic powder, dried parsley, and "spice".   

Temperature continues to be "moderate" but clouds are moving in again.  <sigh>
No specific Projects du Jour but I'm sure I'll find something that needs to be done.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Mary Ann

Callie, thanks for the Tomato Bisque ingredients.  I picture Bisque as being slightly lighter color than regular Tomato Soup and that is why I think milk is involved.  Regardless, I like the soup and I'm sure I use milk instead of water for the liquid.  It's nice to know I can use tomato puree if I want. 

We're enjoying a sunny day, however, my thermometer that has the censor in the sun reads 45 degrees.  It was 31 degrees when I rolled out of bed at 6:45 am.  That is Brrr weather.

Mary Ann

JaneS

CALLIE, the Tulsans went to Texas yesterday.  They are flying out of Dallas today and unless I figured wrong they are probably almost to the airport right now.  So I guess I'm on Dallas time.

Larry, my keyboard is not cordless.  And I checked the plugs and everything seems fine but it's very old and some of the keys need to be hit twice sometimes.  I think I might put a new keyboard on my Christmas list. 

The last of the bedding is in the washer and when that's finished and the bed is made, I'll be READY!

Roley, I, too enjoyed your video.  I would wish it for you if it were a possibility.  Great things are happening all the time!

The washer is finished and as soon as the dry quits, I'll put the stuff in there and have some lunch.  Enjoy the rest of your day...whether it's half over or just beginning or somewhere else entirely. 

CallieOK

Mary Ann,  you don't add any liquid to the Progresso Tomato Bisque.  It's a larger can and the label says 1/2 a can is a serving and equal to one serving of vegetables.  It does have a sweet taste so you might want to "spike it up" a bit.

Jane,  can you track the flight on the airline's web site?   I do that when Ellen is flying back and forth or son/dil are on a scuba-diving trip.

JaneS

I didn't think to ask the flight number or even the airline.  My other granddaughter (Emma's auntie) lives and works in Baltimore and she's meeting them and then driving them here.  I just have their ETA HERE.  They promised to text me when they go through the last town before ours.