Random Image

January Graphic for Home Page

Owner: larryhanna
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:44:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

MaryAnn...
...Yes I too have the photo, Jenny ( Denver ) sent me it...Larry, it is a lovely and happy smiling photo of the pair of you...

Jenny...I love your little " hero member " holding tight his teddy bare.."
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

I wish someone would post the photo here in S&F.

Mary Ann

Patricia, I wish someone would post the picture here, too. 

Larry, I am sorry you are not feeling well, I hope the muddled feeling leaves you soon. 

My Internet has been off for a while and I'm very unhappy about it.  Tom was able to switch to WiFi and here I am.  I thought at first, with so many outages, that I must be doing something wrong.  I can't reach the modem to see what I'm doing and there is another piece beside it that I know nothing about, so I know enough to leave that alone.  Tom could not get things to work, either. 

Yesterday, I wanted to wear my blue cardigan but it was not to be found.  I took another cardigan but it was warm enough a sweater was not needed.  But I still could not find the blue sweater.  Tom just came in and said he found it - in the recycle box and it had fallen off the rail.  I don't know what the "rail" is and I guess Tom will have to draw me a picture.  Getting old is not always good!  At least the lost is found.  I have three sweaters alike, different colors. 

My thermometer here reads 78 degrees which isn't too bad.  We've had both doors open and it's very comfortable in here.

Poor Kendrick, I put him out on the deck, then forgot about him.  He gets along OK out there, but I don't like to leave him too long.  Only once do I know of that he jumped down to go to Tom's window and that might have been with the old deck that might have had wider spaces between the uprights.  He was out overnight on that deck.  Usually, I am out there with him and he eats his grass and naps under the loveseat. 

At 2:20, I think I'll see what I can find to eat.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

I have a photo of Larry and Pat Hanna sent by attachment...I will see if I can find a way to save it in immageshack, then post it on here....
...no, not having any luck...

Mary Ann

Thanks, Jackie, I am sure someone will find a way to post the picture.  Much as I'd like to see the picture, I am not going to join Facebook for a picture.  Tom send me a couple videos of the twins this morning, but they came from Facebook and I could see the still part of the videos, but not the videos themselves. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

I pulled the pictures of Larry and Pat off of facebook, and they are now on my desktop.  However, when I tried to post them here on S&F, a notice came up they were not allowed to be posted here.

Mary Ann and Patricia - I'll try sending them in an email to each of you. it might work?

Mary Ann

Marilyn, as long as the picture is not a video, it might work.  Tom sent me a couple of shots of the twins that Alicia had sent him from Facebook.  I got them, but there is no action, which didn't bother me, but I am sure they were videos to begin with.

Thanks for trying!

Mary Ann

angelface555

Marilyne, the photo extension is wrong. Click the photo twice until it comes up. Then rightclick with your mouse and use save all. The extension needs to be a ping, jpeg or pspimage and not .weblock
Do you mean PING, or PNG?

Vanilla-Jackie

Hope you all get to see it as it is a lovely photo of the pair of them, both smiling of course...Larry Hanna is sitting in the front whilst Pat is standing behind just being handed a vase of red flowers, think roses...

Mary Ann

Marilyn, Tom could not bring up the picture as sent.  He said if he could have your Facebook name, he probably could bring up the picture (send info by e-mail).  If Patricia's method works, that will be OK and if it doesn't I'll let Tom try on your Facebook page.  He is on Facebook, incidentally, to keep up with his kids and friends.

Mary Ann

angelface555

If Jackie or Marilyne could send the photos to me, the extension .weblock is not a proper photo extension.

RAMMEL

Quote from: angelface555 on July 08, 2019, 05:53:11 PMMarilyne, the photo extension is wrong. Click the photo twice until it comes up. Then rightclick with your mouse and use save all. The extension needs to be a ping, jpeg or pspimage and not .weblock
Do you mean PING, or PNG?

Should PING be PNG?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Patricia, I have sent you my photo of Larry and Pat Hanna, hope you have more luck with it than I was having, I would love to see the photo posted in here...Jenny ( Denver ) is the one who sent the photo to me, she is the one to thank if we have success....

angelface555

Bubble has posted Larry's photo in photos.   

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=11.msg158070#msg158070

I'm sorry if I seem abrupt. The smoke from the fires is everywhere even inside homes. You smell it, see it taste it and breathe it in, you can not escape it. And next week will continue in the nineties with that high-pressure ridge. The 18 fires are now 22.

NOAA-NWS-ALERTS-AK125D03FDD320.DenseSmokeAdvisory.125D041937A0AK.AFGNPWAFG.f8393ebf2f6a78f8e26ac1dfd9445185 from w-nws.webmaster@noaa.gov
Sent:   14:48 AKDT on 07-08-2019
Effective:   14:48 AKDT on 07-08-2019
Expires:   18:00 AKDT on 07-09-2019
Event:   Dense Smoke Advisory
Alert:   

...DENSE SMOKE ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM AKDT
TUESDAY...

* VISIBILITY...1 mile or less at times due to smoke.

* TIMING...The worst conditions are expected from midnight
tonight through Tuesday afternoon.

Instructions:   A Dense Smoke Advisory means visibilities are limited to one mile or less in wildfire smoke. If outdoors, prolonged physical exertion should be reduced or stopped. For additional information about air quality please access the AK Department of Environmental Conservation web site at http://dec.alaska.gov For additional information about air quality please access the AK Department of Environmental Conservation web site at http://dec.alaska.gov
Target Area:   
Middle Tanana Valley

Vanilla-Jackie

Patricia and Bubble thats the one, thank you...

MarsGal

What a wonderful photo of Pat and Larry. It even has the roses Elizabeth brought. Thank you so much for sharing. Happy belated Anniversary Pat and Larry.

larryhanna

Hi everyone. It appears we will be staying in the high 80's today with a high chance for Thunderstorms later this afternoon.

A word of explanation on my strange posting yesterday. I think I have mentioned having had a few days disappear from my memory but only affecting certain events or dates. I have now had an occasional day where I simply couldn't make my mind accomplish anything. It is a very frightening experience and one of concern. I did awaken today feeling like my mental capacity has returned. Yesterday I  I was able to make a to make two calls. One was to my dentists office to cancel the afternoon appointment as the sensitivity had cleared up in my tooth and also was able to call and reschedule another appointment with my foot doctor.

The man from Lowe's was here an hour late for his scheduled appointment but fortunately I had already made my decision before yesterday.  The good news was that the furnishings from this room, including my hospital bed and desk won't have to be moved. A PDF document is generated from his visit and the order desk at Lowe's and they will contact us in a few days to a final cost figure for a fully installed job. 

Today is Pat's 78th Birthday and she has finally caught up with me in speaking age. I am sure we will see Scott and the girls later today. Pat is still trying to get over all the medicine and is feeling better each day.

The aid called an hour early and when she got here she told me that 9 am will likely be my time in the future rather than 10 am.  I am very short of breath again today and took morphine early and will again at lunch.  This means that I will likely spend most of the day laying here on my bed.

Marilyne, the World Cup Women's group certainly have a strong case for pay parity and are to be congratulated for winning the World Title again.  Pat and I certainly agree with your comments about doing things such as cooking. Pat can't stand a dirty kitchen or bathroom.  I don't even like a messy kitchen and when I am mentally functioning I enjoy washing up a few dishes or emptying the dishwasher or dryer and then Pat gets frustrated with me for doing those things.
Rebot, I am not surprised that I posted in the wrong place yesterday.  Doing that posting took wasn't easy and was mentally disturbing.
Judy, at least you found it is your equipment and not something you have done at your house or your Internet receptions.  Pat has had ringing in her ears for years and needs some noise to counter it.  I was going to suggest  do a little research on Tinnitus and see you already mentioned.  It sounds like you may have a problem doctor who knows everything. Fortunately there are many good doctors as well.
Marilyn, I am happy to read that you are not struggling trying to keep up your house as well as Keith and the pets. I find I do pretty well in the morning but by afternoon am ready to just lay on the bed and listen to music or a funny rerun. Keith is probably doing all he can do.  I missed the Sunday services but have recorded them so not to late to listen.

Carol, I am having a problem of getting my bookmark set so that I don't have to relog in here daily.  At least I know what to look for.  I sure didn't want to post that message yesterday as I don't think it forebodes anything good but it is what it is and fortunately isn't an everyday happening to me.

Janet, thanks for the update on your visit to see your eldest sister. So sad that apparently your sister's husband is so negative to Hospice.  I was not aware of a five year limit but by the time we get to the Hospice stage I will take 5 more years anytime.  Thanks for giving me your BIL name and if you will email me his telephone number I will be able to know who is calling and won't consider it a robocall.  Even in my muddled state yesterday I asked the Lowe's man if he knew little about Hospice as he has ill parents. It takes a little bit of effort to gather free information that could change your world. That has certainly been my experience.

Marilyne, apparently the key is to get into my timeline on Facebook.  I want to do some work with Irfanview plus some other programs now available but these things take time. 

Jackie, thanks for that graphic and I can relate to Pat and I walking off into the next phase of our lives with me relying on her and her supporting me, something she has always done. The roses didn't come out in the picture as I would have liked but when one has to depend on others that was fine.  I too a picture yesterday morning of the two vases of roses on our dining room table and they will eventually appear.

Folks, I am sorry there seems to be so much confusion about the photos.  I will learn more about using Facebook as time goes on. 

Bubble, thanks for the link to the picture.  Once again you have saved the day.

Patricia, your situation with it being so hot up your way and the smoke sound terrible.

Patricia, I will be posting several pictures, including my "man cave" as soon as I can get to them.  When one falls to sleep all the time it is hard to get much done in a day.  Try going to Facebook and searching for my TimeLine.  I think you might get to see them that way. 

Mary Ann, often the Internet problems have nothing to do with our equipment but we are led to believe that to be the case. It actually wasn't a video but one of the special effects that gives the photo the appearance of moving.

Marilyne

Isn't that a great picture of Larry and Pat?  Larry looks so young and healthy!  I'm glad that Bubble posted it this morning in the Photos folder, as we were struggling with how to do it, here in B&T.

Larry - I just saw your message - so good to see you feeling better this morning!  Looks like you have a lot of milestone events happening this week.   We are all enjoying the lovely Anniversary photo of you and Pat, and now wishing her a Happy Birthday as well! 

Patricia - I can relate to the misery of the smokey air. The last major wildfire we had here, was last October.  Most schools were closed, and outdoor exercise and team practices were stopped for the duration.  Everyone was advised to wear a mask, when outside. it seemed to last for so long, and was so sad and depressing to watch the news every day and see the devastation of the cities North of us.  I hope that you soon will get relief, and that there will be no casualties.

angelface555

I'm so glad Bubble was able to post the photo. Yesterday was another bad day in that a package I had ordered was not delivered yesterday because the driver said he was unable to deliver?!? Then the automatic customer service was unable to understand my voice! I will have to wait to call the local office this morning. I cannot leave as I have a package due today as well as another tomorrow, so along with the smoke, it hasn't been a good time.

Marilyne, it's the same here along with various areas around town for people needing a break from the smoke. Most evacuees are brought here, and our northwest local evacuee orders are on standby. We don't have the population you have. What we have is a forest that covers most of the interior, thousands of hills and valleys filled with trees interspersed with towns, villages, and habitations. I'm posting a current wildfire map. Fairbanks is just left of center by the Canadian line.

http://smoke.alaska.edu/current_fires.html

Joy

I am just stopping by to make an appearance.  I am running very slow today.  Did not sleep well and I am just exhausted.  I need to get some lunch and then try to get a nap in.  I would like to be able to play cards tonight. So, depends on how I feel.

Wonderful picture of Larry and Pat.  Congratulations on 57 years of being together.  That is a big milestone.

Hope everyone will have a nice afternoon. 

Joy
BIG BOX

FlaJean

It was a really nice photo of Larry and Pat.  The years go by so quickly.  I don't know where the time has gone the last couple of days.  We don't have a Staples in our area so we took a ride up to Crestview to get a few items that Walmart doesn't carry.  While we were there we had lunch at Cracker Barrel.

About 7 pm last night we went to the store for some eggs and milk and it felt so good outside—a very pleasant summer evening.  But yesterday was a scorcher.

Thanks Bubble for posting Larry's anniversary photo.  It was so nice to to see them and put faces to the many messages we read.  Jenny, I'm glad Michele was able to enjoy the vacation and sure do hope she gets some good news soon about her health.

Time for me to go check the dryer before the clothes get wrinkled.  Then a few more chores to do.  Have a good day, everyone.

Mary Ann

I was here earlier, commented on the picture of Larry and Pat, made some other comments, had nothing to offer of my own, went to sign off and a couple of boxes appeared.  I got rid of one but slammed the mouse on the mouse pad to get rid of the other and lost the whole thing.  So I went on to other things, including sitting on the deck in beautiful weather. 

Larry, the picture of you and Pat is great and you'd never know you are ill.  I maybe should not say this, but you resemble Jimmy Carter.  Happy Birthday to Pat, may she have many more.

Patricia, I hope the fires calm down so you can go outside and breathe.

Jean, it is nice to be able to be outside in nice temperatures and I know you enjoy being able to get out to do whatever you want. 

There were a lot of ships going by this morning and Paul was one of them. 

I won't slam the mouse on the mouse pad in hopes this will not disappear.

My watch is not telling the correct time, so it is time to get a new battery.  I'll have to wait until my driver has time.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Just a quick "HELLO" to Joy, Jean, Mary Ann and Patricia.  I'm waiting for Sandy, to arrive, and then we plan to go somewhere for lunch.  I'll return later. 
Patricia - I liked the map, that shows the fires, and other things.  I wish we had something like that, to get a good perspective on where all the fires are, in relation to towns and small communities. It looks like one o the fires is very near to Fairbanks?

Sandy

Great picture of Pat and Larry !!!

Looking forward to see your new "Man Cave"
Larry !   

We are having beautiful weather here.. Warm and low humidity... I havn't had to use the
AC at night...I love days that are not humid.

Have a good Week Everyone.
Sandy
 :wave2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

Good afternoon all. I did get the missing order from yesterday. The delivery guy was new and evidently couldn't be bothered to buzz security for the package. Now I just have the final two due tomorrow,

Alan, Dora, and Kitties are presently here in town instead of waiting on their standby evacuation orders. They're staying with friends who have a large yard,

Marilyne there are seven fires surrounding the town seven to twenty-five miles out and several a little further out. Remember the ridge photos I posted? Now you can't see the ridge but also not the trees. Only the houses in the forefront are visible but still hazy. This coming Saturday through Tuesday is forecast to be steady showers and highs in the low to medium sixties. Let's hope so.

larryhanna

Hi everyone on am overcast morning.  It looks like our high temperature today is going to be around 90 with a good chance of more rain this afternoon.  This posting may take me all morning as am dealing with shortness of breath and going to sleep.  I didn't take a sleeping pill last night but wonder if the two pills got mixed up.  I was able to get oxygen over to my big computer and will use it while sitting here.  It was easy involving just pulling some hose from the oxygen concentrator over to the canula at my desk.  I just have to disconnect one hose that goes to my bed and plug the one in over to this desk.  I have a similar situation for my easy chair in the family room.  So far today my mind seems to be clear and I hope it lasts all day.  Needless to say I am very concerned as am beginning to see that I may be following my mother and not my father in regard to dementia. 

Today and tomorrow are Scott's and Elizabeth's Days off from work.  He went to work yesterday afternoon only to discover that the A/C was out and the dining room was too hot.  He told his boss he couldn't work under those conditions although he did go in later to help with the closing. While he was here last evening he did get several other little projects done such as getting one controller for the TV rather than having to use 3.  He also fixed it so it automatically goes into Blue Tooth mode.  I have decided to go ahead and start using my wireless keyboard and mouse since this equipment doesn't have to be removed from this room.  There is nothing else on the schedule for today other than rest.  It is really a struggle this morning to stay awake.  

I have always looked like i was very healthy and see that myself when i look in the mirror.  if only that were the case but often we can't judge by the outer appearance. i am going to try to find motor club This morning and cancel my ring account.  the motor club can't seem to find my account nor are they interested in doing so.  the ring contract isn't needed because the simplisafe duplicates that function and scott will be wiring in the outside caMera today so we don't have to deal with changing batteries.  no sense continuing to incur these monthly costs when they duplicate other services.  i did accidentally set off my panic button AGAIN THIS MORNING (FOR THE THIRD TIME).  AT LEAST I KNOW IT REALLY WORKS. 

pat said that scott had noted that publix or kroger had eggs for 25 cents.  too good to pass up and pat just freezes them raw and they cook as if they are fresh. 

Joy, do hope you were able to play cards last night as that often gets our mind off of other concerns.

Jean, we often went to Cracker Barrel and now I can't even remember when was the last time, certainly not in the last 6 or 7 months.  

Mary Ann, I apparently to do have some doubles and have been compared to other more famous people.

Sandy, if I can stay awake I plan on experimenting with more pictures but hard to do anything if you are not awake. 

I think I have made it through a posting.

Mary Ann

Larry, I hope you are able to stay awake if you want to and I'm glad you were awake enough to post.  I was up earlier and no one had posted here, so you are the first one this morning.  We also are to get to 90 degrees today and I know i will be inside.  Last evening, I sat on the deck for almost an hour and the temp was 85 degrees with a nice breeze blowing from east to west or vice versa.  I was very comfortable.

As he rushed out of the house yesterday, Tom told me James would be by the Grand River for something and Alicia would come here with the twins.  I haven't seen them for a while.  I don't know what day that will be.  James has a birthday tomorrow and Tom has one next Tuesday and we would be getting together to celebrate both birthdays.  I'll have to find out the days for each.  I do not have any appointments to cause a conflict.

Not that I want some now, but when I was in the kitchen this morning, I noticed the peanut butter was missing.  It could be Tom finished it, but it is more likely that Robin put it somewhere.  I used to live on PB sandwiches and I still like one once in a while.  I've asked Robin to show me what she wants to pitch, but she asks Tom instead and it often is something I use. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

This is very important to me and I hope it will make sense to each of you now and into the future.  In no way am I posting anything here seeking any sympathy or trying to get attention.  Rather in revealing what is going on in my mind on a given day I  hope to help educate about the sheer terror that folks going into dementia (I think of my mother as she faced this alone for a long time) must endure if in fact that is what is happening to my brain.  I have always hoped that I would remain like my Father with his mind sharp.  When I lay here and have no idea of how to even click on a switch I can see but don't know what to do with it I want to panic but can't.  To the extent I am able I will continue to try to be a good ambassador for Hospice but have to face the fact that I may not be able to do this in the future because I know enough about the way dementia may occur in quick steps.  Please bear with me during this journey (and today's posting may be a good example of the struggle I may face on a given day).  I hope this makes sense and you understand I am not asking for anything other than recognizing that on some days I may make no sense at all.

Marilyne

LARRY - Yes, your message was very clear, and made perfect sense.  You're aware of sudden changes in your memory,  and it has become difficult for you remember how to do simple everyday tasks that you've been doing for your entire life. . . like turning the light switch off or on. Of course it scares you, as it would scare any of us, to suddenly find ourselves in that situation.  When the hospice people come, they will help you to understand what is happening and why.   Please continue to post messages here as best you can. We want to hear from you every day if possible.

angelface555

Larry, both my mother and two grandmothers went through that struggle and I'm just glad to see you post when you do. we are all friends here and support each other.