Random Image

papa john

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, November 15, 2018, 02:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Shirley, such a great picture, as I said elsewhere.  I could pick out the greats, but did not even try to match up families or generations.  For me to have that much family, I'd have to go back several generations, further back to ancestors I never knew! 

You and JaneS have more energy now than I ever had in my prime.  I can get on the floor OK, but don't expect me to get up OK!

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have a beautiful sunny and 60 degree day ahead of us.  I expect this one to be a very enjoyable, sort of laid back day.  Mid-afternoon Pat, Scott and I will go to Cracker Barrel for what will be our Thanksgiving Dinner together.  We won't get to spend very long with him after the dinner as he has to work tonight.  I hope he will come out again tomorrow and spend some time with us on Thanksgiving.  The kitchen chores are done for this morning except to fix Pat's breakfast when she gets up.  Yesterday we completed the laundry so that won't have to be done today.

Jane, it sounds like you had a very successful day yesterday and everything is on schedule for your Christmas preparations.  It has been a long time since Pat has made pie crusts from scratch and we have some store purchased ones in the refrigerator and a graham cracker crust in the panty.  Chili is something that seems to get better the second day as I guess the flavors have more time to mix.  I have had the greeter offer to get a cart from the other end of the store but yesterday I was feeling good and knew that walk would be good for me so didn't mind.  However, I would have had to limit my shopping yesterday had I not found a working cart. do many of your cashiers work full days?  Sure glad you don't try to do that.   

Amy, always pleasant to get into appointments before appointed times or even just on time.  This is something that seldom happens to me around here.  That is a good excuse to cut into the cake--now really!! ;D ;D It looks like you and Jane attended the same lesson on excuses. 

Linedancer, go to your profile and layout link and put a check mark in the WYSIWYG item and and save and then when you type it will be basically what you see in the Preview screen.  I hadn't used this setting before a couple of days ago and really like it as it makes seeing what I am typing very easy.  Your posting looks good.  However, the brackets [] just go around the formatting command and usually such as [ b] but don't put in the space before the b. 

Shirley, I hope you found your purse.  My wife doesn't like changing purses either but she usually only keeps a couple available for different seasons.  Your posting looks just right and is very readable. For a number of years we have used a tiny little Christmas tree and the one we have now already has the lights built in.  It works very well.  Each year Pat has done less and less decorating and the housekeeper has helped her get the things from the attic and get them placed.  I will look for your photo as would like to see you and your family.  I hope Andy will soon be able to pick up his grands. 

Lloyd, I hope you also have a great day.  Will you and Nancy be having Thanksgiving with your family?   

Shirley

Busy day for all cooks... but our is over & I'm goofing off! Pulled a couple of pot roasts out of the oven, had potatoes & onions in one...had planned to have carrots in it but didn't find the baby carrots I thought I bought. :crazy2: Have company due any time, Andy & his wife after a visit with his Cardiologist, so anxious what was said. Explained "there is food if you want to eat"...my mother used to call hers a "Help Yourself House"... so that's what this has become. Food stays on the stove to keep warm & a long table to sit at to visit while people eat. Have a loaf of French bread to slice & butter so think it's time to do that & put some slices in the warm oven. Y'all come!

Mary Ann

Shirley, sounds good, but Tom went to a potluck last night and brought home a lot of food, some of which I had at 10 pm!  I never eat at 10 pm, but it was delicious.  I had more for lunch and if Tom doesn't come home by suppertime, I'll have more!

I looked out my kitchen window earlier today and our flag is at half staff.  I checked with the Assn Treasurer, who knows everything going on, and she didn't know why it is down.  I could not see the Library flag (across the road) at all so have nothing to compare with.  And computer news has no info.  Is a puzzlement!

Mary Ann

JaneS

When I came home today, I was really beat!  It was cart to cart customers all day.  I didn't know there were that many people living in this area!  I don't think tomorrow will be that bad.  They'll be finished with buying food for the big day and waiting for the Black Friday sales to come shopping.  I'll be well out of it by that time.  And since the BF sales start on Thursday evening, Friday morning shouldn't be so bad either.  Then I have the weekend off.  WHEW!

LARRY, most of the people who are considered "full time" at WM work a 7 or 8 hour day.  I did for a lot of years but not now and not ever again.  Of course, those who work full time are considerably younger than I am.

I see your on to AMY and me and food testing!  You have to try it before you foist it on someone else.  Don't you think?

My grandson in Canada has been saying that he thinks the Customs inspectors are getting into his candy and maybe it would be a good idea not to send it to him.  So last year I didn't and he ragged me about that.  So this year, I got his "goody bag" ready and my son who is going to MD to have TGiving with my daughter and her family (including the Canadian grandson) is taking it to him tomorrow.  One way or another, he's getting it this year. 

I think there's still enough chili for my supper tonight and that should be the end of it.  Of course, if there isn't enough, I could just stop by SHIRLEY'S and "help myself".  I hope everyone's day is going well. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Jane, glad your home and out of the rush! My day was mixed, I did dance with Mr SB and got that job done. The wind would blow the snow right back at you!! We had to go into town to pick out a new door knob as the one on the back door quit working. ..hubby exchange them while I snow blowed and got another load of wood for the house. he filled up the wood box with the load already here.  A friend came in after work and picked up her butter...and we had a nice visit. This was done after I had had a TWO hour nap!Thought I would bake tonight but the energy just isn't there....maybe tomorrow.......sure hope I don't run out of tomorrows!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CallieOK

Good Afternoon.  Sunny and warm in central Oklahoma today.

Yesterday,  I had the oven on for quite a while:  first to bake a graham cracker crust for the chocolate dessert - then upped the temperature for the cornbread and again for biscuit dough (I don't make individual biscuits because they'd just get torn into small pieces) for the dressing.

Today,  I gave the food processor a work-out by finishing the cream cheese/powdered sugar/Cool Whip and chocolate pudding toppings for the dessert and chopping celery and onions for the dressing.
Didn't want to smell up the fridge with the chopped onions so put them out to smell up the garage.  I plan to air that out when I go out to get the paper in the morning.

I had noticed my "cruising distance" was less than 100 miles so decided about 2:45 to go up to the corner and fill the gas tank.  Apparently, everybody else decided to go somewhere at the same time.  Had to "get creative" to do right turns to come home or I would have been sitting there until after dark!
Was worth it, though, because regular gas was just $1.97 a gallon!

Hope Everyfriend Everywhere is having an Enjoyable Day and will have a

:pumpkinpie:
and a Great Day tomorrow

Shirley

We will eventually get used to the NEW US, good job, Michael.. a drumstick for you!

Lloyd Hammond

good Night and sweet dreams everyone.I am going to shut down early tonight.

JaneS

Two pumpkin pies in the oven.  Now if the oven behaves, I'll be ready for tomorrow.  I have to listen for the timer, though.  I don't want to burn them.  That would be ultimate!

After they're done and cooling, I think I'll act like I'm watching TV but I'll do it through my eyelids until I can put them in the fridge and go to bed.  Tomorrow will be a long day.  Four hours at Wally World and then a brief interlude and a family gathering.  Boy! is my screen ever dirty.  I think I'll clean it before I snooze. I've been wondering what that new sign over some of the letters is and turns out it's dirt!  I wonder when I cleaned it last?  I'm off!

Mary Ann

Jane, when you mention watching TV through your eyelids - sometimes I'll sit on my couch and close my eyes but not sleep.  Suddenly I can see the cat walking in front of me and I'll open my eyes and there he is.  I think of your expression then.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

Another day has disappeared, and I am finally getting in to bid you all a very good night. I ordered a bunch of groceries on line,  so my small pantry is filled to overflowing. Gary does the actual ordering, I just send him a list and he does all the rest. He is such a Blessing to me.

Today I went down for Bible study, and visiting with good friends. I love living here.Weather is cooler now, so sweaters are prominent dress code. I still leave a window open all night though, unless it is real windy. I like to outside air coming in.

I pray you all have a very happy Thanksgiving day with family or friends. I was invited to join the rest of the family for dinner, but I declined. I tire too quickly, and I have plenty of friends right here at home. We take good care of one another.

I send you much love, be joyful, and we will all be giving special thanks tomorrow. Hugs, Love and God's best Blessings. June/color]
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Amy

Happy Thanksgiving to you :smitten: Wishing you all a fantastic day with family friends or however you to chose to celebrate the day. Safe travelling for those on the roads.

-5 °
f here this morning..sky is clear other than the twinkling stars.Good day to bake and I seem to have more pep to do it...just hope it stays with me :)

June...like you I leave the window open just a bit and have nice clean cold air coming in.

Gloria, where are you? Hope you are not having trouble with you or your computer!

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Oh dear..another post you will have no trouble reading.  :2funny:
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

AMY it is ok easy to read. but this is the fourth time I have made a post and it wen't south to never never Land. we wish you all a gerat day just the way you like it.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  And a HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR AMERICAN POSTERS. 

AMY, Don and any other Canadians, you can do whatever you please with this day because you already celebrated your Thanksgiving.

My Canadian Grandson is celebrating his second Thanksgiving this week by visiting his mother in Maryland.  He used to say when he was much younger that was the good part of living in Canada.  He got two Thanksgivings.

The pies are looking good.  I sure hope they taste as good as they look.  I have a feeling that today will be kind of slow at WM and that makes the time pass slowly.  Maybe just enough people will have forgotten something important that we'll keep moving. 

I hope you all have a great day and don't eat too much...just enough! 

AMY, the temp is in the mid teens here today.  It's hard to believe that the prediction for towmorrow is n the 40s.  And rainon Saturday.  Have a good one! 

Joy

Good morning and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the Senior Net Friends.  It is a very cold morning here and supposed to get colder.   

It sounds like everybody's kitchen is smelling delicious.  Everything sounds so good.  I only had to bake 2 pies and I have to put together a sweet potato casserole and I will be done with my part of the dinner.  I am going to my grandson's and they are not going to eat until around 4. So, I have a lot of time.

I need to get some breakfast right now and then get things straightened up and fix the sweet potatoes.

I will try to get back a little later.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Soda Shoppers.  My kitchen isn't smelling today because we will cook our portion on Saturday.

My thermometer says 21 degrees F.  It's too late to go back to bed, but it's tempting.

Amy, I loved your post; I could read it without my glasses.  Was that size 7?

Mary Ann

Shirley

HappyThanksgivingEveryFriendThanking God For Your Friendship

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. This Thanksgiving morning is starting out clear and sunny and cool.  However by afternoon we will be seeing some partly cloudy skies but still getting up to around 60 degrees.  We have a very quiet day planned.  Scott will be here part of the day.  Yesterday we did go to Cracker Barrel for our official Thanksgiving meal and we all enjoyed what we ordered.  Pat and Scott even ordered some blackberry cobbler to bring home to enjoy today.  I passed as while I like the taste of blackberries I do not like the seeds.  Around 5 pm last evening a friend from our Sunday School class called to see if we were home and then he brought us a delicious smelling homemade just out of the oven pumpkin pie.  So we will also have that for a special Thanksgiving treat today.  I plan on watching some of the pro football games and perhaps some of the college basketball preseason tournaments that have their finals today.

Shirley, I looked at your family picture and now see why you have to cook in such large quantities as that is a lot of people to feed.  A very nice looking family. We also have a "Help Yourself House" when our son is here. 

Mary Ann, it sounds like you have gotten maximum mileage from the potluck leftovers Tom brought home to you.  I haven't heard anything about why flags would be at half mast. 

JaneS, I vowed to stay away form Walmart at least until Monday as don't want to stand very long in line.  I will go to the grocery store in the morning to get us some luncheon meat as I forgot that when I went to Walmart the other morning.  Glad to see you have the weekend off as I expect your store will be very busy throughout the rest of the week and also on Sunday. I don't disagree with you about needing to taste your food.  :thumbup:  I notice that Pat is watching a lot of TV or listening to her audio book through closed eyelids.  I bet your pumpkin pies turned out well as you are such a good cook.

Callie, do you put the biscuits into the dressing along with the corn bread?  It sounds like your food processor saved you a lot of work although you obviously did a lot in your kitchen.  We often get green onions that we cut into small pieces for Pat's eggs in the morning and store them in a tightly lidded glass jar.  They do not seem to smell up the refrigerator.  I did see one station yesterday that had gas for under $2 and the one up the street from us had it at $2.15/gallon. 

June, your posting yesterday was great.  All you needed was the [ before size and none of your coding would have shown in your finished message.  However, who cares as it is what you way that is important.  I am sure your family understands why you had to decline their offer to join them today. 

Amy, with that morning temperature I am sure your wood stove will feel very good as you bake today.  I hope you don't have to deal with shoveling or blowing snow today so you can stay in and stay warm. 

Lloyd, sorry that another posting got away from you but it sometimes happens to all of us.  When that happens to me it sort of takes the air right out of my sails. 
[/size]

Oldiesmann

Quote from: JaneS on November 19, 2018, 09:36:22 PMWell, I can't figure out how to change the time so I'm giving up and putting stuff away, letting the dogs out and going to bed early.  Tomorrow is another day...a busy one!

Good night my friend!

I've fixed it for you :)

If anyone else is having trouble, let me know and I'll set it for you.

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Mary Ann, yes that was a 7 and I meant to switch back to 4 and didn't...
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Tom and I had breakfast out this morning at the IHop.

Larry, a word to the wise about the flag - I called the Assn treasurer who knows what is going on better than anyone.  She had no idea why the flag was at half staff.  Later I looked out the kitchen window and the flag was at the top.  I don't think the flag slipped down; I do think it was put down on purpose accidentally!  All is back to normal now.

Mary Ann

Amy

Mary Ann, thought you would enjoy this one.....hope it comes through.[attach name=!cid_d2981f4c-bb40-4334-9ac2-b1cf3096393f.jpg+Dog+Ate+The+House!.jpg type=image/jpeg]8080[/attach]

The note says.
I ate the Gingerbread House and my Mom called Santa!!
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Amy, I loved the picture; such a woeful expression.  Is that your dog?

Mary Ann

Amy

Mary Ann, when I first saw it ,I thought it was one of my son's Great Danes but it isn't .. poor baby got caught with candy on his nose!!
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Amy, I copied that & sent to my 2 sons... so cute!  Still snowing up your way?  The wind is blowing leaves from one end of the street to the other, I'm done for this week!  Only one other neighbor on the whole street has picked up leaves besides me so far. I almost need a pitch fork to get out the front door.

When we lived in western Kansas we actually did keep a pitch fork at the front door, tumbleweeds would pile up to the roof top on the porch & would stick between the houses (they were fairly close together). At the time we were the last street on the north west end of town so those tumbleweeds would roll in out of the north & stay there. As soon as we'd get a wind from the south everyone would push the tumbleweeds to the street &  some of the men would use "company cars", side by side, & push them to the end of the street so the wind could blow them across the empty field where they came from. They were so big a lot of people decorated them for Christmas trees.

I used to start decorating after cleaning up the Thanksgiving dishes... but not in the mood today, just not in the mood....

Michael, if you have nothing better to do, I think my time is also messed up. I gave up on the weather thingy. Nice to see you hanging out with us.... "young blood".  Thanks...

June Drabek

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving Day. We do have so much to be thankful for. My day was very quiet, and the food was very, very tasty. Small attendance in the dining room, so I assume many were out with their families. I enjoyed my peaceful day right here.Tomorrow I hope to catch up on answering some snail mail.

I hope you have all happily digested your turkey, and I look forward to "seeing" us all together tomorrow. I love you, and God is watching over us all. Thanks be to God. June
[/b
As long as we are here, let's dance.