Random Image

Beauty Reflected

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, November 15, 2018, 02:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
🦃 EVERYFRIEND 🦃

We enjoyed a wonderful day with our family here in Vail.  So much laughing, talking, eating....just so blessed.

We will be leaving pretty early in the morning as a BIG snow is forecasted for this area later in the day.  Even Dave and family will leave tomorrow to not have to face this storm.  They say the skiing is the best it has been in many years here this time of the year.

I wish all of my dear friends sweet dreams.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

so_P_bubble

Was this your celebration?

[attach name=turkey.gif type=image/gif]8094[/attach]

[attach name=ice+cream.gif type=image/gif]8095[/attach]

[attach name=coffee+drink.gif type=image/gif]8096[/attach]

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning I scanned through all of the yesterday's post's. I hope i did not miss any good post's. to answer we had a great thanksgiving meal with bob and family, and later some of our family dropped by for a good visit.
what could be better than that? our hot water heater sprang a leak and soaked up the insulation and shorted out the lower heating element. so still have hot water but wet flour in the furnace room. it is concrete flour so no problem. we are going to go get a new one today. it has a lifetime warranty. but i called at Loews where we bought it and they said the would do it this time but that is last time. we have rural water and it has a lot of lime in it corrodes it up bad. oh well looks like we will have to buy the next one out of pocket next time. I told them I thought that life time meant my life. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Peter I tried to post to you on Skype but it said my connection is too week so try later. Have a great day. I did however see your post telling me to try later. hope this dose the trick for you. see you later.

Lloyd

JaneS

Well, I did a dummy and lost my post so here goes...all over again.  I hope I remember.

I started out with....

Good Morning Everyfriend!  And a big thank you to you, Oldiesmann for fixing my time.  It was a bit frustrating to come in and have it say, posted by JaneS at 1:36 .m. when I knew I was asleep at that time.

As I predicted, WalMart was dead in the morning yesterday.  Everyone was either home cooking or waiting for 6 p.m. when the Black Friday Sales would start.  I'm really glad I wasn't there last night!

The gathering and dinner at my daughter's was nice.  My SILOVE is a twin and his twin sister and her husband were there.  She raises, shows and sells Llamas and it's very interesting.  She has invited me to visit and mingle with the animals.  She says they are very docile.  And I might be able to make that work because Cathy is talking about going there to spend some time with her favorite SILOVE come Spring.  Maybe she'll let me tag along one time.

We had a lot of good food, good conversation, reminiscing and remembering and just plain enjoying!

I don't think WM will be too busy this morning.  Everyone who is interested will have come last night and today they'll be at KMart, or the Mall or anywhere else!

I wish you all a great day.  Make it special....by special for YOU!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

Well, my little time clock says 12:56 and my computer tells me it's 7:22 a.m.  Why is that!

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Sky is a beautiful pink this morning. We have to go into town to pick up hubby's blister packs and I would like to pick up butter if there is any left. When it is on sale it sure sells out fast!

Cleaning in on the agenda and hope to sew.

Shirley, looks like snow for tomorrow mixed with rain.. I had better get a bucket of sand or we could be spinning around like a button on an outhouse door!!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Enjoy your day.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Good freezing cold morning here from the
rocky coast of Maine.   

Inside I woke up to a temp of 52 deg/f. 

So I have put on layer of clothes.   (Some wool)..
I have my electric kitchen stove turned on to 450
degrees,  and my little heater right here next to
me ,   and slowly my living space is warming
up. 

Tomorrow the temps are suppose to get more
back to normal with out the wind chill factor...

daily record low and coldest Thanksgiving temperature records were set at Portland and Augusta. ... November 22, 2018.

Yikes...   Soon to be better I hope.   
I am SAFE....

Sandy !
:thumbup:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I am still here and have a doozy of a cold. Wednesday evening I called my grandson and  told him I would not be  there for Thanksgiving. I sure did no t want to spread this around and called my son to  tell him not to come for me. Still in the deep freeze here, no going out and trying to keep warm in here. Sun is shining bright and beautiful but so deceiving.
Several high schools cancelled their Football games for yesterday but some played. The school here played but many people lent the team heaters and generators for the kids to get warm, they even warmed up the football at times, the cheerleaders were all bundled up to their eyes.

JOY  sorry you could hardly read my last post. I am feeling stupid not getting this new SS.

SHIRLEY  wish I could get my grandson here to teach me how t his posting is working now. I think I need it explained step by step. Never had a problem getting to learn something new before.

MARY ANN  I did pick 4 for size but guess I did not do that right either.

OLDIESMAN  like Michael better, my oldest son's name and he is older than you. Now there was a complaint my last post was too small and yours of the 19th was the same size.  Guess I should go back to the beginning to read and copy all your instructions.

LLOYD  like you I am having a time getting used to this new format .

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are expecting a cloudy day today with the high in the low 50's.  Nothing particular on the schedule for today.  I do need to get some air put in one of my tires that seems to have a very slow leak and Pat said she wanted to go to the grocery store with me when I go to get some lunch meat.  Yesterday was very quiet.  Scott finally got out here around 7 pm and had dinner with us and spent a couple of hours.  He really looked rested as had spent the entire day, or most of it, sleeping.  I do hope to finish reading a paperback book I have been reading this week so I can return it to a friend who loaned it to me Monday.

I need to do my errands so will come back for comments later today.

Mary Ann

Good morning the day after Thanksgiving Day!  To commemorate the day, I had a frozen turkey dinner but it was nothing to write home about.  Tomorrow I'll have the real thing.  What I had was pieces of turkey, some dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy.  I've had better.

Gloria and Lloyd, when you are finished writing, please highlight your entire post and click on the icon of an A with a red line beside it.  That will bring up the various sizes and you can click on 4.  I'm not going to get into other features because everyone has their own way of getting results.  But clicking on 4, then Post, will let us see your posts better.  My eyes are not so good any more and I like to read all posts.

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

well I believe if it is not broke do not fix it. but I knew a man that if it ran good he would take apart to see why. that Is what someone done with S & F

Lloyd

Amy

Lloyd, I take my cursor, the little hand,go across the top first...where it says font size....I click on that, then click on 4 and this is the size you get.
I do understand why they have made changes and it is for our own safety/protection..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

I'm back from shopping and getting air put in my tires.  I actually needed air in all four of the tires although they had been checked a couple of weeks ago.  I think the cooler weather is the cause. 

Mary Ann, glad the flag situation was cleared up. 

Amy, what a cute picture.  I expect quite a few people here never experienced the button on the outhouse door spinning around.  I know what you are talking about as we had such an arrangement until I was 16 years old. 

Shirley, I never heard of decorating tumble weeds as Christmas trees.  I have never lived where we had to deal with tumble weeds. 

June, you are so right that we all have a lot to be thankful for and yet we still find reasons to complain.  I guess that is just human nature.  Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving meal. 

Jenny, nice to see you all made it to Vail to have your Thanksgiving.  Do Dr. Dave and his family ski when they are at Vail?  Hope you got home before the snow. 

Bubble, I did have a little scoop of ice cream on my pumpkin pie that I ate last evening.  Scott and Pat had their blackberry cobbler that we had gotten at Cracker Barrel on Wednesday and they also had some ice cream on it.  We sent a couple of big slices of the pumpkin pie home with Scott as that is about his favorite pie.  Pat and I will have more of it today. 

Lloyd, obviously life time for the hot water heater means whatever Lowe's wants it to mean.  I guess that is in the same category as 75,000 miles and then they tell us we are lucky to get 50,000 miles out of them.  A little false advertising.  Glad you had a great time with your family. 

Jane, glad you weren't slammed at Walmart yesterday.  The grocery store I went to this morning had only a few customers and no waiting.  They said they had been open until 4 pm yesterday as well.  The Llamas sound interesting and I hope you get to visit them in the Spring.  I don't think we have any KMart's left down this way. 

Gloria, so sorry that you are now experiencing a bad cold and had to miss the Thanksgiving time with your family.

Shirley

Amy, I was sure I commented on your bringing sand in for the slick spots... guess I just "thunk it". I have lots of gopher (or whatever critter) digging volcanoes in my back yard so don't even have to go down to the river for my sand! Poor TomCat, sits out there by the hour watching to catch one as it sticks it's nose up for air... LaurenKat used to catch them all the time. They sure stack up a nice pile for me to scoop off into a bucket!

Sandy, that is super cold inside your apartment!  Hope you have thawed out by now. I've had it that cold in the RV but doesn't take long to warm it up once I get out of bed, especially if I don't have the slide out. I look like a mummy when I crawl out of bed, sleep in those furry lined mens hoodies & heavy sweats. The mens hoodies are longer than womens so cover the rear & in the morning I grab a coat to go over as well as fur lined boots until it warms up. I like cold but one time had a lot of ice on the inside of the windows & that wasn't good... kept busy drying it off as it melted.

Mary Ann, I had my Thanksgiving on Sat so yesterday was left over roast, potatoes, corn & applesauce. No shortage of sweets. Today I need to go to the store so will get "carry out" but not sure what. With all the activity this summer/fall, I appreciate some alone time. I have mounds of laundry to do & serious sorting & disposing of clothes I'll never wear again. I find I am less tolerant of clothes that aren't comfortable, will put on & take right back off. Time to donate.

Gloria, I broke down yesterday & ordered PSP for Windows 10... I'll be yelling for help trying to set it up. Tried making birthday cards for the group this week & so difficult on that old computer. Got them finished & then "it" wouldn't let them attach to send e-mail. I couldn't find a SD card or thumb drive "small" enough that the old computer would recognize.... spent a couple days grunching back & forth from downstairs to up & then searching again. (Still have not found that purse, Larry)... Got them all sent but decided I'd order the $39. Black Friday special with Prime... that was half price. I don't risk doing a download with my internet off & on like it is. I also ordered me a new SD card & thumb drive with the Black Friday specials, still don't have any of those that will work on the old computers. When I've taken lots of photos for graduations or weddings I give the person the whole range on one of those smaller SD cards... I've run out!

Larry, I discovered with my Sam's membership they will fix a slow leak in my tires.. FREE! I need to have air added to mine, as well.

Lloyd, when we lived west of Wichita our well water was so hard we had to replace hot water heaters about every 7 years, they never made it to warranty but the companies we bought from had gone out of business, so we just knew every 10 years or less we had to replace the hot water heater AND the washing machine. I'm still using the gas dryer we bought for that house (avacaco green & more than 50 years old.) Cas replaced the belt a couple times but it still drys faster than any of the new ones the kids have.

Mary Ann

Shirley, your mention of hard water took my thoughts back 37 years to when we lived in Belmont, a bedroom community to Grand Rapids.  I had exceptionally hard water, 18 grains hard, if I remember correctly, possibly the hardest water in Kent County.  My water heater had hard water deposits on it and it was impossible to drain it.  Fortunately (for me), we lived there only three years and I did not replace the WH when I sold the house.  I had a water softener that seemed to run forever and pipes vibrated throughout the house.  Every night about 2:30 am I would wake up when the softener started up and for 1 1/2 hours I listened to it (THUMP. thump, thump, thump).  Tom's bedroom was right beside it and he never heard a thing.  But I got the pipes vibrating and he did not.  We have township water now and no softener.  In the 37 years, I've had to replace the WH once. 

Tom said the cornish hen was OK but awfully hard to pick the meat from it.  He brought home a couple pieces of pumpkin pie and I had one piece for breakfast.  Tom thinks Mary is only going to take one pumpkin pie for our Thanksgiving tomorrow and I don't think one pie is enough for seven adults.  I may end up baking an apple pie especially for James; he always liked my apple pies when younger.  The hardest part of that is peeling the apples and I do not want to include the peelings in the pie. 

The sun is shining brightly, making it a nice day.  Temperature is over 40 degrees.  Tomorrow it is supposed to rain, but with the temp in the 40s, we should not have snow.  Annie will go with us which will be a treat because she often cannot join us for family things.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Mary Ann, when I said our water was hard, it was HARD! At one end of the road (cut through a wheat field), water was over 100 grains hard... we were closer to that end than the other one, but I can't remember exactly what our tested. It had so much lime in it when my mother came to visit she was wiping around the kitchen sink & asked, "Honey, what is this all over the faucets & sink?"  She had never seen it that hard. Baby bottles that had the Evenflo on the side.... you couldn't read it after a few sterilizings. Had to scrape it off with those glass scrapers, didn't dare wash a car with it or spray anything with a hose. Had lime streaks so hard LimeAway wouldn't touch it. Cas replaced one of the bathroom commodes after maybe 10 years... decided to crack it apart to see what the lime looked like.  Was like tree rings, built up until only a tiny hole to allow anything to go through. It isn't quite as bad here, even our well water, but we are on sand & that makes a difference in the well. Our city water comes from a lake west of Wichita, not the best, but........... We were told to drain water from the faucet on the lower part of the hot water heaters but wasn't any time before the lime built up so much it wouldn't turn or drain. Someone said that "all these minerals in the water are good for us"..... (probably someone with land to sell  :uglystupid2:

I bought some apples this week, hard as bricks. Cut one up last night & ate a small slice but no taste so I peeled it & the others & sliced them into a teflon skillet with a little butter, fried them (added a tad of water) until they were tender & put in a hand full of brown sugar. They are SO good with any meal, but especially fried potatoes. Apple pie is my favorite fruit pie, & love to put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top & put in the microwave just long enough for the ice cream to start melting.

Mary Ann

Shirley, I am not sure about the 18 reading for the hardness of the water and it could be that different areas have different scales.  I was told by whoever tested the water that it was the hardest water in Kent County (he probably exaggerated some).  You lived in your house longer than I did - 3 years  - and that was 37 years ago in August (I have a good memory, but not THAT good!)  There was a little room under the front porch that housed the water tank.  I was so happy when we moved here to not have to have a water softener.  And I wasn't trying to say my water was harder than yours.

Tom is going to help me make the apple pie tomorrow morning; he's so afraid I'll overdo.

Now I'll see if I can find a bite to eat before my TV evening programs come on.

Mary Ann

JaneS

I just realized that I looked in after work and then didn't check in.  I was tired enough to want to take a nap but I did a few odd jobs and changed my clothes and answered a phone call from my cousin and then I took a short nap.  I've been going like crazy ever since and I'll all set up for tomorrow.  I'M GOING TO FINISH THE CANDY TOMORROW! 

I took some of this year's specials along to Cathy's on Thanksgiving and I told them to try them and give me an honest opinion because if they didn't like it and didn't say so, they might get something they don't like for Christmas.

And now I'm going to finish cleaning up, put some stuff away and then go to be early.  That means that I'll be up early with the doggies so I can get an early start tomorrow. 

I'm also starting my shopping list for when I get my 25% across the board.  It's a one day thing for working some hours on Thanksgiving.  I don't want to forget anything. 

I probably won't be back tonight so I'm wishing you all Good Night, too.  Sleep well and wake ready to grab the day and make it your own. 

Shirley

Anybody else having trouble getting their days straight this week?  It felt like Sat today & I was all set to wash my hair & get ready for church in the morning but will repeat Sat again tomorrow. I sure do need that extra day, my "to-do" list didn't get done today.

Mary Ann, where we built a house west of Wichita a drilling man for water wells explained that the area had "fingers of the salt mines and fingers of the equus beds and that the rock did not filter rain water like sand would, so our wells stayed contaminated all the time". There was a farm about a mile & half from us that had good water from the equus beds, she sold home grown veggies, eggs, & offered to give us water if we brought the 5 gallon jugs. Quite a few of us on our road did that, until we got our own "Water District" piped in from that area the last couple years we lived there. When we bought that acre of land from the couple that inherited from his parents, their homestead farm. The abstract that we got showed loans they got every year to keep it going. The name of our road was last name of original owners and the side road that joined the next section line east was named after the wife. They had an adopted son that was killed by a hit & run driver, but their name lives on.

We sat on the high point of the ground that overlooked the city of Wichita with an 80 acre wheat field that made a beautiful foreground for taking sun rises over the downtown buildings some 15 miles away. Now there are rows of houses & miles of developments between that road & the city. Every so often I drive those roads to marvel at how it has grown up. When we were building the jack rabbits were everywhere, so were the meadowlarks & other wildlife. I have photos of when it was miles of wheat fields & even one area of oil pumpers & oil holding tanks between us & the city limits. A lot of good memories.

I thought about writing a book about building that house, it took us a year to complete, but we did it all. I was just the extra pair of hands, but not everyone builds a 2600 square foot house from stem walls to thick shake shingle roof. The house was beautiful rough cedar siding that you can't buy anymore. We had picked every shingle & board, had a contract with the local lumber yard for every nail & board, custom windows, etc. We had estimates from builders & contractors so knew we could turn it over at any point, but we didn't. Well, stirred up some memories....

We have one more nice day & then it's anybody's guess if we'll get the snow & ice, for sure we will get the cold wind, comes with the territory!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Night and sweet dreams is time for me to hit the hay. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

+4° F this morning with the threat of either snow or rain....sure hope it is snow!

Yesterday brought a letter and appointment from the "new" rheumatologist and the appointment is this year, not next as we had thought it might me..

Laundry today and a few other chores that need to be done. A huge pot of beef barley soup was made yesterday and there is some in the hidey hole along with some apple pie.

Shirley a house in the area that I farmed had sulphur water and the smell would punch your nose as soon as you opened the door. The lady remarried ,moved away and never had so many health problems once she wasn't drinking the sulphur water.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well i am having problems with posting this morning. I hate what they have done with S & F. I went to do the post of the degrees and it all went away.
 it is bright sun here today and thirty eight and clear shooting for fifty eight. would not let me do cymbals. we are going to start packing up the RV an go to Florida and camp out on the southern coast this winter be snow birds, I f Nancy dose not chicken out on me.

Lloyd

JaneS

I've been up and attem for a while now.  My bed sheets are in the dryer and my blankets are in the washer.  The chocolate is melting and everything is laid out ready to start dipping.  All I have left to do is peanut clusters, raisin clusters, pretzels and marshmallows.  I do the marshmallows for me.  Don't tell anyone.  However, I also use the to fill up the mixed bags that I take to work for special people!

AMY, it is warming up a bit here.  It's into the mid thirties...just high enough for the precipitation this afternoon to be rain instead of snow.  I have mixed feelings about that.  I'm really sick of rain but my neighbor who plows my driveway has house problems of his own this week and I'd rather not be one of his burdens. 

LLoyd, being a snowbird would be nice.  Do you take your doggie with you when you travel in the RV?  He'd be pretty lonely at home.

I'm playing Christmas music right now.  Mannheim Steam Roller is playing now.  Next will be Andy Williams Christmas Album.  I really like having the Christmas music playing while I'm working in the kitchen. 

Might have to make a quick run to the pet store today.  Dry dog food is getting low and I think I've earned my FREE bag this time.  I can use all the FREE I can get! 

SHIRLEY, I've been mixed up all week on the days.  I guess it's because I went to church last Saturday.  Almost missed Sunday because I was thinking it was Monday.  Threw me off all week. Then we had Thanksgiving and that felt like Sunday.  Doesn't take much to confuse an old lady!

I think I'm straight now.  I'll go to church tomorrow.  Is that right?

I hope you all have a great day.  Make it your own in every way!

Lloyd Hammond

well this new form sucks dose not work well.Lloyd

Amy

Been to town and picked up more butter,flour and shortening. Have some laundry on the line with more to follow after I am off here..

Jane, your candies sound delicious!! Picked up some Rice Chex to make some Puppy Chow..now lets hope I can stay out of it.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15820/puppy-chow/
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, wow we are to get into the 30's today, a heat wave after what  we have been having.  Maybe with a bit warmer it will warm me up, too. My son came yesterday with a plate full of Thanksgiving dinner. This is the first morning I didn't wake up coughing and didn't reach for a tissue.

MARY ANN  I type on Notepad then copy past in the tiny box we have now. I do click on the buttons I want and it still comes out small.  There is something not clicking in my head. Never had so much trouble with anything before. Maybe I should try bold but that is blurry to me and I have trouble reading it.  Not everyone enjoys reading blurry print.

LLOYD  looks like you and I are the only ones having problems here. Maybe I should just quit.

LARRY  today is the first morning I feel more normal.

SHIRLEY  I imagine the PSP you will get is the latest version. I was still using 12. I have not had PSP installed in this lemon for almost a year now and if I did I would have to take lessons all over again. Bubble and Patricia are the only 2 left there I think. I still miss not being able to do any now. Got so I dislike seeing all the beaut iful work they do and I get depressed. You  talked abou t the baby bot tles being white  tha t happened in Sab Diego for mu daughter, too, with all their wat er having so much chlorine in it. I had read putting a spoon of cream ot tartar in the water in sterilizer would bet rid of all the white and it worked. The sterilizer and bottles were all nice and clean.

AMY  please don't sed your cold here for a few days, I sure would like a few days above freezing.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It looks like we will be having a cloudy day with a 20% chance of some more rain starting about 11 this morning.  I can see that it has rained during the night.  I am fighting that old feeling of fatigue this morning and have had a hard time getting my motor running.  I may decide to pass my normal Saturday meeting at 10:30 and just stay home and rest.  I have things all ready to fix Pat's breakfast so that will not be difficult.  My only plans for this afternoon will be to rest and watch some football, which I have also done the last couple of days as there are lots of games on around Thanksgiving.  I watched both football and basketball yesterday. 

Yesterday morning Pat fixed a delicious cabbage soup in the Instant Pot and we decided to have our main meal around 1 pm while the soup was still nice and hot.  It is made with rice, sausage, pasta sauce, onions  and cabbage plus some seasonings.  I had gotten all of the ingredients set up along with the measuring cups and spoons before I left to go to the store and get my tires checked.  When I got home the soup was smelling very good. 

I was surprised yesterday that I actually needed air in all four of my tires.  I did call my mechanic and found that since they used synthetic oil when they changed it last that I had another close to 3,000 miles before I needed to change it so can scratch that task off my to-do list for next week.

Shirley, nothing like having our own sand producing factory in your back yard.  Those gopher's can sure make a mess of a yard just like the fire ants we have here in the South.  As usual it sounds like you have a lot of things to keep you busy.  We aren't doing much to help out with the Black Friday sales except for buying a few groceries.  It seems about everyday is cyber Monday here at our house as there seems to be no end of the things we "need".  Pat did get her new sheer curtains but has decided we don't need sheers where she put the drapes so they will be installed in the spare bedroom.  She picked out a very pretty pattern.  I never thought about Costco fixing a slow leak and will need to inquire about it the next time I am there.  This time of the year it seems that most tires lose a little of their pressure.  I can't imagine using an appliance for 50 years.  You sure have gotten your money's worth out of that dryer.  I bought apples yesterday and wanted to get a few more Honey Crisp apples like we had been eating but just couldn't bring myself to pay the $4/pound they were asking at the grocery store. 

Mary Ann, I think I have only had to replace one hot water heater for the 56 years of our marriage.  I don't think I would care for the apple peelings in my apple pie either.  We finished off our pumpkin pie yesterday for lunch. 

Jane, I am sure you will be ready for a celebration to have all of your candy made.  Your discount could really add up and that is a nice bonus for working on Thanksgiving.  I like dipped marshmallows but Pat doesn't like marshmallows at all.  I think that is one reason I like the 5-cup salad so much. 

Amy, glad you don't have to wait until next year for the rheumatologist appointment for your husband.  Pat likes that Puppy Chow mixture with the Rice Chex and other things added.  It is not one of my favorites. 

Lloyd, glad to see you are going to become snow birds and hope you have a wonderful winter season down South.  Sorry the new format here is giving you so many problems.

Gloria, it sounds like you are feeling some better today.  Glad you were able to have some of the good Thanksgiving dinner to eat.  Do you have any trouble reading what I post since I use Bold?  If so I will drop that off.  I don't want you to miss something important I might write-Sure!  ;D

Mary Ann

I'm not going to get into the techniques of posting any more, except to ask, Gloria, do you highlight your post before clicking on the size icon?  Then click on 4 and that should get the larger size.  I can read the posts that are not bold, but I have a time reading the posts that are not resized.  What would happen if you wrote your post on Notepad, copied it, clicked on Reply and pasted your post, then highlight your copy and click on the size icon #4.  Just a suggestion.  I used to do that with the former program.  If it is too much work for you, forget it.

I thought I posted something here earlier but I either lost it or posted in another folder.

Tom cut up my apples for me and I put them in the pie dish and put it in the oven.  The pie is now out of the oven and cooling on top of the range.  It has been many years since I baked any pie, but especially an apple pie, and I have an idea it will be my last.  I had no trouble, but I'm too old to be baking pies.  I've done my share and I'll let the younger generation take over.  It is nearly 1 pm and we should leave in an hour.  Tom is going to fix the green bean casserole here because there will be enough people in the kitchen anyway.

Mary Ann

JaneS

I took a break for lunch and I'm checking out what's goin on here.

FIRST AND FOREMOST....GLORIA, if you quit we will send the cyber police after you!  You are one of our mainstay's and if you even mention quitting again, I'll have to do something drastic!  YOU HEAR ME?

I'm finished with everything except the marshmallows and the chocolate is melting for them.  When they are done, I'll get at the packing and hopefully finish that before I hit the sack tonight.

And that reminds me...the last of my bedding is waiting in the dryer to be replaced on the bed and that job will be done!  I can sleep in a clean bed tonight.

I think, when I'm finished here, I'm going to make a quick trip to the pet store.  One thing I mustn't run out of is dog food.  And the gas station is on the way.  I can fill up before I run out.

Almost forgot...the promised rain is here!!  And it looks like it's going to fulfill the weatherperson's promise and stick around a while.  And since he ground is frozen, it's not sinking in...just making gigantic puddles!

Enjoy the rest of your day!