Random Image

storm tracker

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Sad News

Started by Oldiesmann, May 18, 2019, 04:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but for those who haven't heard, Pat has passed away. http://www.wallcustance.com/notices2.aspx?notice=20691

As far as the site goes, things will continue to operate as normal - I'll keep the site going and continue to host it as I have for the past several years.

Amy

This news has been posted by Larry .

Thank you for your thoughtfulness on keeping this going.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Thank you, Oldiesmann, we've wondered what would happen.  It and you are much appreciated.

Mary Ann

PatH2

Thank you, Oldiesmann, we're very grateful.

Vanilla-Jackie

Oldiemann...
...sadly yes we knew...I-we appreciate you keeping our forum going, this is what our Pat would have wanted, and what we-I would want..
" There is no present like the time "

JaneS

As I said over in the Soda Shoppe....YAY!  OLDIESMAN!!  Thanks for looking after the old folks!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

Oldiesmann, thank you.  We do appreciate your taking over.

Mary Ann

Sandy

Oldiesmann,  thank you so for for
everything that you have been doing,
for a very, very, long time. 

You are doing a great job keeping us
up and running. 

Thank You
Sandy
 :thumbup:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Another grateful "Senior", Oldiesmann. Good luck with all you are doing juggling the different sites.

Joy

Thank you,  Olddiesman, for keeping this site alive and taking care of things over the past years. It is so much appreciated. 

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

Amy has made me aware of your announcement here. How did I miss it?

There is a place for Pat's condolence messages in the Tranquil Cove.

We have to let you know how grateful we are for your willingness to help  keep our meeting place alive. This is a relief since many feared we might be unable to all keep in touch.

Thank you Michael for this and also congratulations/good luck for your personal Cincinnati Site.

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
...can we also place June Drabek into our " Tranquil Cove? " she belongs in there along with our others that sadly we have recently lost..

so_P_bubble

Vanilla, I haven't seen any announcement that she passed away. Do you have a date?

Cottoncandy

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
...this was posted on March 24th, her memorial service was March 26th re, Soda Shoppe..June Drabek had  passed away on the 6th March...

Message was from Junes Dori to Gloria..

" Dear Gloria,
Yes, things have been pretty crazy around here. I am so sorry to say that my dear, beautiful, precious Mother-in-Love went home to be with the Lord on March 6th. She died as she lived... with grace, dignity, faith, hope and joy...and with love and gratitude for her Lord and loved ones on her lips."

"Marjory "June" Drabek ~ November 30, 1924 to March 6, 2019."

so_P_bubble

Vanilla, the page for June Drabek is opened in Tranquil Cove, but I don't know at this late day...

You are right, I did read about it and even posted a photo. I suppose my personal problems occupied me too much :(
Sorry about that.

JaneS

BUBBLE, I for one, am sorry for your personal problems.  I hope they are in the process of becoming a thing of the past.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

Patricia posted the obituary in the Gloria Hanson folder and Jackie found the same obit so I thought I'd put it here.  I see it was timed about 12:40 pm and I had looked earlier.  I wanted to be sure others saw the obit.

Mary Ann
Obituaries
Gloria Hanson
by Riverhead News-Review |
06/04/2019 12:41 PM

Gloria Hanson of Riverhead died June 2. She was 95.

She was born Feb. 12, 1924, to Connie Gerard and John DeAngelis in Patchogue.

Ms. Hanson had a 28-year career with Southampton Hospital. She was a member of the Red Hat Society, Glenwood Lassies and Homemakers club.

She married Cyriel Hanson Oct. 12, 1945, in Charelston, S.C.

Ms. Hanson was predeceased by her husband and her sons Dennis V. Hanson and Mark R. Hanson. She is survived by her daughters-in-law Linda D. Hanson of Massachusetts and JoAnn R. Hanson of Florida; and grandchildren Jesse Hanson, Lucas Hanson and Amanda Hanson.

Visitors will be received Friday, June 7, from 10 a.m. to noon at Tuthill-Mangano Funeral Home in Riverhead. A funeral service will take place the same day at noon at the funeral home followed by interment at Calverton National Cemetery.

Shirley

Michael, haven't seen you pop in lately & hope all is well in your world. Thanks for keeping us together, come let us know how you are.  Shirley (in Kansas)

Oldiesmann

I've been busy lately but I'm doing good still :)

so_P_bubble

Phewwww !  Seeing notice of Michael posting in sad news, I prepared myself for a shock...  I am glad it is good news :D

Mary Ann

Bubble, I felt the same way.  Whew!

Mary Ann