Random Image

birthday cake

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2018, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

HAPPY DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS, EVERYFRIEND

[/This is going to be a quick one because I have to go get ready for work.  I'm on 9-1 today and I haven't even begun to get ready.  I had a bunch of things to do in the kitchen including making dog food, feeding the dogs and getting rid of some stuff in fridge before my kids get here. 

I hope you all have a pleasant day and that everyting on your to-do lists gets done.  I've decided that if there's anything I forgot it's going to stay forgotten.  And I'm not going to worry about it.  So there!!!

Have a safe, productive, enjoyable, relaxed day...whatever suits your fancy.  After all, the day is YOURS!
b]

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Gloria, so thoughtful of you to bring one of Joan's messages today, thank you! Maybe your computer has called a truce so you can help keep this place running?  I feel bad that I don't know enough to fill in for those having computer problems or busy this season. Double thank you!

Brantcow, not sure what you are all about but won't ignore your posts. Your qualifications are over the top but hardly think many in here would need your services. We are what we profess to be, over the hill in years but young at heart. BIG hearts and we do care about each other you will see if you've read many of the posts. Tell us about yourself, please?

Wishing each a very loving Christmas Eve. You are never alone, just talk to God and thank Him for the reason for this season. Remember back the many Christmas Eves of your life, as a child, as a teen, and a new parent or entering the adult world of a chosen life.

It is never too late to do something special for someone and find the joy of giving is more heart warming than receiving. Take a few minutes to phone someone alone, tell them how much they have meant to you. Christmas really is about loving.  God Bless........Shirley
  :christmastree:  :snowball:  :peepwall:  :snowman:  :xoxo:

Sandy

It looks like we are being hacked..
Too bad,  as this forum does not need hacking..

Wishing everyone a very merry day before
Christmas!

Sandy
 :balloons:  :balloons:  :balloons:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Joy

Good Christmas Eve morning

Pretty sunshine this morning, but still very cold.

I am just marking my place. I need to get a move on, as I am getting my hair done later this morning and need to finish up a few little chores before I go.

I hope everyone will have a not-so-busy day today.  Make it a good one, whatever you have to do.

Jane, hope you will have an easy day today, with very pleasant shoppers. 

Joy
BIG BOX

roley

JUST LOOKING IN TO WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS. CHEERS. Roley.. :thumbup:

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. After some rain last evening we have a beautiful clear sky this morning and currently 37 degrees but headed to the mid-50's this afternoon.  I have to pick up another grocery order at Walmart in a little while but also get some brown sugar and Karo white syrup for something Pat is making for tomorrow.  She has decided to go ahead and prepare the ham and will make macaroni in the Instant Pot to make some mac and cheese for our dinner tomorrow.  This dinner keeps growing from something simple to something a little beyond that but we will work on it today or not so much to do tomorrow.  I did hear from my granddaughter this morning that they will be here so we should have 6 at the dinner table.

Rammel, I use a side by side windows when I post here so that I can read and then write without losing site of the other person's post.  I do find that often I must expand the posting box with the little arrow point but sometimes there is enough room to start the posting. I find that most of us are using the "4" font size as you indicated.  Mycheal had used a "7" font size in his Christmas and New Years wishes to us.

Lindancer, I believe it is your computer.  Try holding down the control key and using the minus key and see if that doesn't reduce the size of the print you are seeing.  What everyone else see depends on the font size setting used rather than what you are seeing on your screen. 

Jane, what a cute idea for a gift with the special sox with the dog pictures.  I agree with you that it isn't easy not to worry about a loved one.

June, glad that Santa was good to you.  The Christmas Cactus sounds beautiful. 

Amy, it sounds like you could have a very long and really busy day. 

Lloyd, so sorry to read that Nancy is sick.  I just had a call from my son questioning whether her should attend our family get together tomorrow or not as he has been fighting a cold for a couple of days.  We decided it should be all right as he hasn't been running a fever and if necessary he can sort of stay away as much as possible from others but still be part of the day. 

Gloria, thanks for special postings you made from some of the things that Joan had posted in 2015 and the cute little jokes.  I am not sure how good I am at explaining things either and so wish I could just show what to do rather than try to explain things. 

Shirley and Sandy, I have been deleting the postings from Brantcow as they are not appropriate to our discussions and the same message has been posted several places and repeatedly.  Patricia, up in Fairbanks, first alerted me to this poster.  Bubble has been taking care of this type of poster but with her broken computer can't do it now.  I will remove any posting like this when I am aware of it but won't try to go back over the many discussions.  If you or any of our friends here see these postings from Brantcow or anyone else you question please email me or let me know and I can delete them.  I need to research and find out how to block a poster. 

Time to head to Walmart.

phyllis

Gosh, I don't come here for a couple of days and I have a LOT of posts to catch up with.  Jenny, I am so sorry to hear how much pain your Dad is experiencing.  And how upsetting it is for him and all those who love him.  You are in my thoughts and hopes that he will find relief very soon.

I sincerely hope that this new attic fan will be just as quiet as the old one.  It looks to be pretty much the same kind of small ventilator so it should be just as unnoticeable as the old one was.  I have to call the electrician soon so he can hook it back up to the power.  Larry, I considered a ridge vent but decided that probably it won't be too many years before I will give up this house......willingly, or otherwise.  I decided not to go with the extra expense and mainly the extra mess.  The attic ventilator fan has been adequate for 40 years so I think it will serve for a few more years.  Of, course this house has all-house air conditioning so I probably could do without an attic fan but feel better in having one to remove moist summer air to preserve the wood rafters, etc.

I thought I might make another batch of Jane's wonderful Christmas Crack but decided that we didn't need any more "stuff" to piece on throughout the day.  There are many dishes of goodies sitting out and that should be enough.  I am about to start our Christmas dinner.  It is our tradition to have a big pot of Chilli with a variety of cheeses, different kinds of crackers, olives, pickles, etc.  We really enjoy it and it gives the cook (me) a Christmas holiday, too.  For dessert this year David decided he would like to have a Chocolate Cream Pie so that will be it.

I wish everyone here a wonderful Christmas Day!  And the gift of peace and good health would be nice for all of us, too.

phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Don't know how anyone with a smidgen of intelligence would have any desire to post where he is not welcome. Sad that this happens, hopefully someone with the power to block can put an end to using up space paid for by the Seniors & Friends benefactor. Thanks for the information, Larry.

Amy

Been to the Dr and back now preparing the goodies that I can for tomorrow. Trifle is done ,bean salad is done. I wasn't going to make one but the long face on hubby told me I had better....tis an easy one to do. Snowing still here, roads were slushy going in and back,don't care to drive in that anymore.

Gloria, I loved the posts from Joan. I had to chuckle at the reindeer and know that they were female as male when lost won't ask for directions  :2funny:    Sorry  guys :)

Bake to the kitchen
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

kGood Morning all. I woke in the wee hours, so my day may be a bit dull. But that's O.K., gives me more time to enjoy all of you and your busy lives.I do not expect any family visitors, which I prefer. Gives me more opportunity to spend with our Lord, which is a new style for me. So many years of family dinners and parties and presents, which I enjoyed at that time of life....now is my time for Peace and thoughts of all we have to be grateful for. I am very content.Hopefully I will even have the urge to write some thank you notes..

I found a red outlined box to put my message in this morning. I think I owe Rick a big hug and a hearty thank you.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Mary Ann

Shirley, from the content of his posts, I wonder if Brantcow thinks we are seniors in school or college.  Why would we want to avail ourselves of most of the topics in his posts?  If that is his thought, he's in for a big surprise!

Merry Christmas to everyone, in case I don't get back today. 

Mary Ann

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I came home from work exhausted!  We were all "busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs" today.  Seems like more people are last minute shopping that there were earlier.  I was so glad when it was time to go home!

And when I got home, I didn't know what to do first so I let the dogs tell me.  First they went out and then they just hung out in the kitchen until I said, "Are you hungry>" and they put on an act that more than 'yes'.  It was a "what the heck to you think" type of dance.  So I thought maybe that was part of my problem, too.  And it was.  I feel better now.

I wondered about that odd posting, too but decided to just ignore it because most of it didn't interest me! 

Now I'm going to go rest a bit until my daughter lets me know hen she's going to be arriving.  We're all going to my daughter Cathy's open house this evening so it doesn't matter when we get there.  Whenever Christy arrives and is ready, we'll go over there.

It's going to be a long day because I'm going from there to Church for the midnight service and then home to collapse.  I'm looking forward to the church service because I missed it last year for the first time in 74 years. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE to EVERYFRIEND!

CallieOK

Merry Monday Afternoon, Everyfriend.

This guy is spamming every single forum over and over with "ads" for his web site!  I don't understand how he ever got onto the Member List because, although the general public can read everything, only registered members can post.  He needs to be stopped - and permanently banned!

Thank you, Larry, for removing his annoying posts. 

On to more pleasant subjects:

All My Children and The Grands gathered at #2 son's home yesterday evening for a Shrimp/Crab Leg "Boil" in honor of my birthday. Unbeknownst to everyone except her sister and me, the NYC granddaughter was able to fly home a day earlier than was expected.
I not only helped with the plan changes, I helped plot the surprise appearance at the party. Her Mama's reaction when she discovered who was tapping her on the shoulder was priceless!

Can't remember if I've mentioned that Miss Ellen was an Extra in this season's final episode of "The Amazing Mrs. Masiel (Maisle?)", a series on Amazon Prime. 
I didn't understand that Amazon Prime works like Netflix - in that all the episodes for a season are put on line at the same time.  So I thought we had to wait until the week that the finale would be shown.
Not so!  We were able to watch Episode 10 and "see" Miss Ellen appear several times in the shadowy background of one long scene.  She had to point out which of the three girls she was because all you can really see are her legs.  Even so, it was fun to watch.

Seems strange not to have spent today baking and cooking for a Christmas meal.  However, we will be at #1 son's tomorrow and, once again,  all I have to do is be ready when someone says "Get in the car".  :thumbup:

:christmastree: Wishing Each Soda Shopper and Families a
Blessed and Merry Christmas :christmastree:

Lloyd Hammond

good afternoon everyone. well Bad news from here Nancy is in the Hospital.
She Has A vary bad virus. the doctor did not tell me the name, but said that several people has died with it in the USA in last several months. Have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

Amy

Lloyd, prayers for Nancy. She is a strong lady and will fight this along with the meds the Drs are giving her.Not a very Merry Christmas  for either one of you. Stay strong.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Lloyd, I'm sorry to hear about Nancy having a bad virus.  One of my families is also ill and it is not a good time to be sick.  It's good Nancy is in the hospital where they can take good care of her.

Not a good thing to be sick at Christmastime - too much is going on.

Callie, I am sure you had fun planning the arrival of Ellen from NYC.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and please stay well!

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Lloyd,  I'm so sorry to learn about Nancy's hospitalization. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

June Drabek

Another lovely day coming to a close. I am sneezing my head off, and blowing my nose. Hope it is just a minor irritation. I am tired of feeling poorly.I think it is time to get this body ready for bed and have a light supper and  call it a day.I am very thankful I have no plans for tomorrow. Just me and God and my Rouwntree family...and and few of them will be off with friends and family.

Have a beautiful Christmas Day my dear ones all. I love you so much. June

As long as we are here, let's dance.

RAMMEL

Quote from: June Drabek on Today at 01:27:35 pm
    "I found a red outlined box to put my message in this morning. I think I owe Rick a big hug and a hearty thank you."

June,
A big hug back and Merry Christmas to you.
I get my enjoyment in life by helping where I can, and here with so many nice friends is a good place.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Tis the night before Christmas, everyone getting ready to snuggle down in bed... or we???

Great hearing the NY grand got in early, Callie.... Makes life and the world a better place when we see our loved ones try so hard to make others happy.  :smitten:

Lloyd, so sorry to read about Nancy, the virus & hospital. Hope you don't catch it, be sure to take care of yourself so you can take care of her when she comes home. Extra prayers heading her way & some also for you, whatever affects one affects the other in some way.

Wishing Every Friend a Merry Christmas Surrounded With Love.

Denver

Merry Christmas Eve to EVERYFRIEND🎄🎄🎄

We enjoyed a wonderful day. Visiting and spending time with my dad before we headed off to join our Boston Family and the DIL'S parents for mass at their church.  This is the church where Son Kurtand Heidi were married 14 plus years ago.  Then we went to our DIL'S parents home for dinner.  It was a delightful evening.  Their home is in the rolling hills of North Scottsdale.....the views are fantastic and we arrived there just in time for the most beautiful sun set! 

Diane's Family came over and spent the evening with dad and Diane.  Poor dad, he is so miserable, and praying for the time to pass quickly so he can get his procedure done.  I really felt bad leaving him but he insisted that we go one with our plans.

Our two grandsons were so excited about having both of their grandparents together.  It was so much fun!

I do not have any posts to read since mine last night....surely that can not be right? 

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

roley

G'Morning all. Lloyd, sorry to hear that Nancy is in Hospital, hope she soon recovers and gets back home, sorry I put this into S&f but I guessed you might look in here first !,take care mate, catch you soon, shall be off line all day today !.
                               Best Wishes.  Roley  :thumbup: ..

Amy

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone and good morning..

Thank you for fixing our intruder, guess they couldn't find the door on their own!

Will have my tea and then get busy for the day. Company will be her at noon.

May you all have a lovely Christmas with your family and friends.

Jimmy Dean

Joy

Just want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a very Healthy and Happy New Year.

Need to get a few things done before I have to get ready to go to my sons/

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe day.

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

Merry Christmas morning to all my dear friends!

Lloyd, you and your Nancy are on my mind and in my prayers.  I hope so very much that she is doing better today.  Take care of yourself so that you won't get sick, too.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

I'm just dropping in the wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Jenny, it was good to read that you had something good going on yesterday with the dinner with everyone.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Merry Christmas, Everyfriend!

[/I'm passing time until my daughter gets here from Maryland.  She was too tired to fight the dark drive up after work last night and opted for an early start this morning.  I think she's pretty smart!

After she and my granddaughter get here, we'll have a bit of a rest ad maybe a coffee and some Christmas cookies and then we're going to my son's for a Christmas meal and some fun.  This is Christy's twin brother and it's always nice to see them together.  It's also Kiran's house and any time I spend with her is a bonus.

Late afternoon, we will all go to Cathy's for Christmas dinner.  Grandson Kyle is home from Philadelphia and Natalie and her husband, Clint are here from Texas.  I don't know who else might be there.  Cathy always has someone there who might otherwise be alone.  She's a good person.  Can you tell, I love my kids and grandkids?

I hope you are all having a lovely day and I'm saying special prayers for Lloyd and Nancy.  No time is a good time to be sice but being sick on Christmas is the worst time!

I got pictures this morning of Great Granddaughter, Emma and I think she was swamped!  Everyone went overboard.  I don't think she'll lack for anything for a couple years to come! 

I better go get the bed made and get myself dressed so I can deliver a package to my GOOD neighbor across the street before the activities begin!

Have a lovely day!
b]

Cottoncandy

Radioman34

Bubble gave me strict instructions to be sure to extend   her best wishes for a merry Christmas to all of our friends in S & F. I join her in this as well               

larryhanna

Hi Everyone and Merry Christmas to you all. 

It is indeed a beautiful Christmas morning here in South Carolina.  However, we got up to find our heat pump frozen up again so obviously they didn't find the problem or something else has gone back.  However, we have the A/C on now and it has thawed out and we will go back on emergency heat so we will remain comfortable today.  This little problem certainly isn't going to spoil our day.  There is still quite a bit to do this morning to get ready for our family and friend get together this afternoon.

Phyllis, like you we have more than enough Christmas goodies to last for a few days.  I am going to try to limit myself to one peanut cluster a day, well maybe two today since it is a special day.  I bought some cookies at Walmart so Pat didn't have to add that burden to her schedule.  She did fix both a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie yesterday.  Today she will fix the mac and cheese in the Instant Pot and has decided to slice the ham and add a little glaze to it and then heat it in the oven rather than trying to handle the whole big 12 pound ham.  I made the Ambrosia (5 cup salad) a little while ago and have all of the dishes washed up (at least for now).  I like your idea of not wearing yourself out with doing a large meal.  Our finger food meal has grown in the last few days but I think we will survive it OK. 

Shirley, I did find the place to block that spammer.  Rammel was a very big help as he went through the other discussions and removed the inappropriate postings.  Patricia was helpful in the process also. 

Amy, I guess we each have our favorite holiday dishes.  I know that is why Pat made the pumpkin pie as that is our son's favorite.  He is not getting the green bean casserole that has been a favorite but I don't think he will complain.  The spammer sure wasted a lot of his or her time as well as taking up a lot of time to remove the inappropriate postings. 

Joy, enjoy your day with your sons. 

June, I hope you have the Christmas you want with a very quiet one. 

Jane, if your Walmart was anything like ours yesterday I know you must be exhausted.  I was lucky that after I picked up the online order there was an electric cart someone had left right in front of where I had parked for pickup.  Since there were no other cars in the pickup area I told the very nice young lady I was going to leave my car there for a few minutes to pick up a couple of things Pat forgot to put on her grocery order.  However it wasn't easy getting around in the grocery area a there were many shoppers.  When I finished I parked the cart in the appropriate area in the store and walked back out to the car.  By the time I got home and had the groceries unloaded I was having angina and wasn't able to help Pat put things away as I usually do.  I didn't feel very good the rest of the day but seem OK today.  Ask a dog a silly questions and you get a silly answer.  ;D Our Church had their Christmas service at 5 pm and there had been an earlier service for the families.  I actually forgot all about it but wasn't feeling up to going anyway. 

Callie, the spammers was a registered member for a long time.  Hopefully the bloc will prevent him posting again.  Glad you didn't have to do a lot of preparation for your family Christmas celebration.  I am thinking this may be our last time to try to do the Christmas meal that is a full meal. 

Lloyd, so sorry to hear that Nancy has had to be hospitalized but it sounds like that is where she needs to be.  I hope they can quickly get the virus under control. 

Rammel, are you responsible for providing the red outlined box for June?  Your help is much appreciated. 

Jenny, so happy to see you had a very enjoyable day with Kurt and Heidi and were able to get to the mass before the evening activities.  It sounds like your Dad was in good company with Diane's family being there while you were gone. 

Cottoncandy, thanks for the Christmas wishes. 

I hope we can all remember the reason we celebrate Christmas and not leave Christ out of our celebrations.