Random Image

Burmese Bake

Owner: Chocky
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2018, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phyllis

The usual daily routine is back and all is well.  We are gradually getting rid of all the Christmas goodies and the last of Christmas dinner leftovers.  I think we will leave the little Christmas tree up for a few days and then put that away until next year (God willing)!  2019 will be here very soon and "wonderful, enjoyable"  :tissue:  things like income tax will occupy my mind.  Life just goes on, doesn't it?

It's coolish here this morning and rain is on the way so I think I'll make a quick run to the grocery store soon and then just settle in and enjoy being warm and dry inside the house while it is cold and rainy outside.

Glad to hear that Nancy is doing better and well enough to come home, Lloyd.  It has been difficult for both of you but I can't help but think how much worse it would have been if she had gotten so sick while you were on the road in your new mobile home. 

So sorry about Pat Scott Halbeck, Larry.  She has had a very rough few years with all of the health issues she has had to deal with.  She is in my prayers.

It sounds like Christmas with family was a good one for many of us here.  I'm so glad that all seemed to have a good time.

I must get going!   Talk to you all later.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  The weather forecast tells us to take an umbrella with us when we go out today as rain is moving into our area.  This is my regular coffee day and I sure hope the rain hold off until I get my friend back to the Assisted Living home as he is not steady on his feet. Last week he almost fell backwards in trying to push the car door closed so I plan on getting out and helping him out of the car.  I do this to help him get in as there is quite a reach to get the door closed and I don't want him falling out of the car.  I have nothing else planned for today. 

It appears the heat pump repair man found the problem which was that the control board they put in a few days ago wasn't starting the defrost cycle as it should.  So he went back to his shop and brought out another replacement board.  I sure hope this takes care of the problem.  It is fine this morning. He stopped by a few minutes ago to check it out and said it looked fine but the test will come when we get the expected rain and he will stop by again tomorrow (he must live close by).

Mary Ann, Judy's last name is Boneschansker.  I have not had the occasion to meet her in person but have met her husband John one day when he was coming through Atlanta.  They are very nice and caring people but they live several hours away from where Pat lives in Canada.

Sandy, I also wonder where 2018 has gone.  Only 4 more days after today and we will be in 2019. 

Joy, I bet that torn tendon in your son's thumb is pretty painful or at least was.  I think I would enjoy talking with your sons about iPhones and computers but I would be a failure at talking about movies.  However, my son is a real movie buff and I am sure he would enjoy discussing movies with your sons. 

Callie, it sounds like your family enjoyed a wonderful Christmas together.  I don't think I know what the game of Peanuts is. 

Jane, if being a fisherman was a requirement to post in Norm's Bait and Tackle I probably wouldn't post their either.  Here is the link that Sandy posted that takes you to that discussion in the Village Square, Town Talk folder.  (Sandy, thanks for providing that link.) https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=34.msg146839

JaneS

LARRY, part of the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a place to list favorites and if I visit a folder, no matter how many times I click the "receive emails and alerts", I don't receive them.  That leaves it all to memory which I don't depend on any more.  I need reminders and that's the one thing I miss in this new website.  Why do we have the "receive emails and alert" if we don't receive them? 

I have looked in on Norms Bait and Tackle but I can't say that I'll remember to do so the next time I visit unless someone happens to mention that they posted over there.  I've also not visited photos unless someone posts a link in SS.  I think I'm missing a lot but I'm still visiting some sites.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Joy

Good morning.  I slept in later than I usually do. So, that will make everything later today. And the day will just fly by.  I do plan to play cards this evening. 

Larry, thank you for clarifying the information about Pat Halbach.  I was wondering if they still have the house they had in (I think) West Virginia, or maybe it was Virginia.  That would be quite a trip from Canada now that she hasn't been too well.  I have forgotten, but was her husband from that area.  It seems I remember they could only stay a certain amount of time in the US, since she was a Canadian ???  She was such a nice person.

Glad that your furnace is working good this morning.

It is a pretty sunny day, but still cold. When I first woke up, I turned the thermostat up and I did go back to sleep.  I know my heating bill will be higher during these couple cold winter months, but I just cannot stand to be cold. I almost get sick to my stomach when I get so cold, so I just push the thermostat up until it warms up.  Besides the place being heated with a heat pump, I am on the north side of the building and don't get any sun at all. 

Jane, please don't feel bad  as you really didn't upset me. (takes a lot more than that to upset me. lol)  Sometimes I have thought when I mention something about writing a message in another folder that I shouldn't be doing that. I do tend to get carried away at times and don't allow myself the time to rewrite much of the same thing. So, please don't think anymore about it. 

Gloria, I am happy that you got to spend some time with your little great-grandson. I know how tiring it is to have to get ready to go out, but I know you enjoyed being with the family.  I know lots of time, by the time I get ready to go out, I just want to crawl back in bed. But, then when I go, I am always glad that I did.  Being with people does really perk you up for the time you are there.  I know that lots of times, it is my own fault that I don't make myself do things. And, when I do, I do feel better.

Lloyd, I hope Nancy got to come home today and that she is feeling a lot better.  I am sure it will help her feel better to be back home.  Hopefully, you will be able to get on with your traveling  plans in a couple weeks.

Don't want to forget to say Good morning to you, Amy and Phyllis. 

Hope all the friends will have a nice day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Jane, when I get to S&F, I have a menu of what's available to read.  I do not read or post in all of the folders; I just click on those I read - one at a time.  I know others don't have this method and I'm not going to try to describe how to get there as Tom set it up for me and it works - for me.

Beverly wrote that she will write a history of Norm's Bait & Tackle tomorrow and I'll see that is gets over here.  I rarely post the same things in these two folders because usually different people post and my responses are different.  I think Beverly was one of the originals in the Michigan folder in the old SN where the Boat & Tackle resided.  Norm would be interested in the conversation about Boat & Tackle now.

Last night Tom and I went out to eat.  We hoped to eat at one place, but there were so many cars there and no place to park so we went to Cheers which had parking places available.  I had a Patty Melt which was huge and as usual, I brought half of it home.  That half will be my brunch today. 

We're having a heat wave at 39 degrees.  I think we will be in the 40s during the day and the sun is trying to shine.  I hope the weatherman doesn't prove me wrong.

Larry, I doubt I'll have reason to remember Judy's last name and my memory isn't that long, but I may hang on to her name - just in case. 

Phyllis, I'm accumulating papers for income taxes too.  My taxes are not complicated, but they're not simple, either. 

Lloyd, I hope Nancy is able to go home today; I know both of you will be much happier when that happens.  You be nice to her!

Gloria, you had a good reason to be away from the SS.  Lucky you to be with your great-grandson. 

Joy, there are times I am to go somewhere and I just don't want to go.  But I do go - and I end up having a great time.  That happens so often so when I have that feeling, I know I have to go and it's usually good that I did.

Now it is time to do something productive, whatever that may be.

Mary Ann

Amy

Back from the Dr.s and all good news. Neighbour came over to return a plate that I loaded up for them the day they were here and sent him home with a plate of turkey :thumbup: Have the carcass on boiling and soup it will soon be.

Jane,did you lose some of your zzz's because I think I will use them after VON leaves. I just click on Forum and choose where I want to go,if you click on the right hand side it will take you to that discussion.

Joy, I hate being cold...seems once you get cold it takes forever to get warm again.

I didn't think I wanted to see food for a bit but a turkey sandwich with dressing on it on fresh bread went down rather nicely. :)

Back to work I go...

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Here is Beverly's recollection of the start of Norm's Bait & Tackle.  It was just a "fun" thing.  Her recollection is different than what I posted, but I was not part of it; I got my information by word of mouth from Norm and his recollection wasn't always that good, so if you put Beverly's post and mine (below) together you might have more than you want to know.  I won't bring up the subject again, but if anyone wants to know something about it, ask me and I'll try to get an answer.  Mary Ann

PS - in my previous post about Norm's B&T being hard to get into when it was through Yahoo, it was because of Yahoo, not Norm or anyone else.  It was much like people having trouble getting into S&F now because of the program, not because of any leaders.
**********************************************************************************************
Mary Ann - Originally on SeniorNet there was the SN International Cafe led by Joan Grimes and Pat Scott. That's where so many of us learned to post in color, etc. using HTML. Norm was a regular in the "Cafe" as was Papa John. I won't go into all the details, but there was a lot of friction caused by some misunderstandings and remarks. As a result Norm left the "Cafe" and started a new discussion he called "Norm's Bait and Tackle". I followed, along with many others, but also stayed with the "Cafe". I'm not sure when he went from posting in the Michigan group to opening up Norm's Bait and Tackle.  I remember the "passports" (all in fun) that we had to apply for. He used to mention his friend, Dot, and we were all so happy when they got married! Eventually I met Norm and Dot and many of the other SeniorNetters, including Papa John. So many have passed on. I also remember when we started to see some posts from you, Mary Ann.  :)   

June Drabek

I have been reading posts about the "old days".I think it was 1997 that I found my way here from a small newspaper. I felt waaaay out in deep water.No guidance just me and the computer and all sorts of busy, active people. A memory I will always see in my minds eye is a picture of Pat Howe and Geordie, shortly after Jacks' death. Pat was driving in the snow, her hands o n
the wheel and Geordie had his paw laying lightly on Pat's hand, he was reassuring her in the snowstorm. It still wants to br i\ng tears of tenderness.

I am taking another day off. Just need to build up some energy. Tiredness seems to be my first name now. The 94th Birthday has not been kind to me, but I will hang in there in spite of what the body says.

Gary and Dori will be going to McCall Ida.  to visit their youngest son and family.....
three little Grandkids, I know they will have a wonderful time. Ryan is co-Pastor of his there, so Gary will be involved, I know.

Time to heat up some soup for lunch, so off I go. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

good afternoon everyone yes Nancy is home an back to her regular truthiness.
raining here now also. that is good we can use the moister. I have the cattle fed and in for rest of the day. see you later/

Lloyd

Mary Ann

If anyone wants to reminisce, recalling names of old (and some newer) go to Norm's Bait & Tackle.  You may have some to add.

It's drizzly here and not pleasant at all.

June, by the time we got to our 90s things began to fall apart.  I'm glad I am feeling as good as I do, but I know I'm 94 and not 84 now.  Just take things a day at a time.

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Good evening, another busy day, with friend cleaning house. Then she took me to the new Shop Rite, first time I had been out to shop in about two weeks. I wanted to pick out my own vegetables and meat. Now I am really tired. My age is really catching up to me.  ;)

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well I am just up for a nature call dry mouth. Is 1:28 am back to bed for me.
Nancy is doing some better but not out of the woods yet complaining about the taste of the med's.she is also sleeping very restless. see you all later today.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Raining here, started around 10 pm . temp is just above freezing at the moment.

Going to put the house back in order today and finish off the turkey soup. I was going to do the soup yesterday but I got kidnapped by some of Janie's zzz's  :thumbup:

Had trouble with my van starting yesterday and hope it starts this morning, maybe I need a new battery.

Lloyd hope Nancy gets a lot of rest today.

Enjoy your day everyone
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I remember exactly how and when I found my way to Senior Net.  I read an article in AARP magazine about 3 people who were currently posters on SN and one of them was Rae who lived somewhere in the Midwest at the time.  It was sometime after May of 197 (that's when I moved into this house).  I loved the article and I was telling my daughter about it and that I thought it might be fun to participate.  She said, "Don't you have to have a modem to do that?"  I didn't have one and of course you know I did need one.  At that point, I couldn't afford any extras so my answer to her was, "Yes, and someday I'll get one." 

As the holiday's began to get busier and busier that year, I was less and less on the computer and I didn't even noticethat it disappeared sometime in December.  It returned on Christmas Eve Day, complete with modem all set up and ready to use and a Christmas Card attached noting that if I needed any help getting started I should call my son or daughter.  That was my Christmas present in 1997 and I've been attached ever since.  The first place I visited on line was Senior Net!

I'm thinking that, since I found my way to Norms B&T I might do some reading there but I'm not going to post both places.  I feel like this is home and if anyone wants to find me, I'll be here!  Just ring my bel!

The doggies boinger is just about to go off and that means breakfast for all of us.  Then I have to get ready for work.  My day begins!  Make yours a good one!

Mary Ann

Jane, you might want to peek into Norm's B&T occasionally to see what we're doing. There are some people there who post only there and they have interesting lives too.  I know two of us, Larry Hanna is the other, who post in both places but we don't post the same things in both places.  That was a nice way to get started on the Internet with the gift from your family.

Tom came in from his Bible study about an hour ago and our temp was 49 degrees; it is now 47 degrees.  I remember reading where our temp tonight will be 31 degrees and we will be in the 30s the next week.  At least it is not snowing and should not snow when we go to Holland Sunday afternoon for our Christmas.  I think that family is over whatever bug they had.

Gloria de, you have such nice friends to take you to various places.  I know you still drive in your park.  I get out of the house when Tom and I go out to eat or when Dot and I go to church, then eat out afterward.

Mary Ann

JaneS

MARY ANN, I did say that I would READ over in NB&T but not post.  Unfortunately, my life is the same no matter where I post and I'd probably be saying the same thing both places.  I'd get tired of me and I sure don't want other getting tired of me, too.

I'm off to get ready for work.  Wish me smiles and short lines!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a cloudy morning but very warm as it is already 67 and headed up to 70 degrees.  The chance of rain this morning is 20% and so far it isn't raining but this afternoon it goes up to as high as 90%. I have no plans on leaving the house today so will stay in.  The housekeeper will be here this morning.  Yesterday we got this big box of fruit from our good friends up in Maryland.  There are 6 oranges, 6 pears (two different types) and 6 apples.  They need to ripen up a little.  I was looking at the coding above the similes and hovered over the next to the last one and it said Maximize.  I click it and it made the posting box go clear across the screen.  To return it to the smaller box and where the Post box is just click on it again.  I guess I need to explore a little more.

Jane, what browser do you use?  If I know that I think I can help you set a favorite or bookmark.  For the Soda Shoppe I set my bookmark to https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?board=7.0.  This takes me to the page where the Soda Shoppe Discussions are listed with the current one at the top.  If there are new postings I see a little "New" before the Current Soda Shoppe and when I click on it I go to the point where I last read, which will usually be right after where I last posted.  Sometimes I will read the postings and not post and then I have to scroll up to find where my last posting was to get to the point I want to start.  I use the same technique for Norm's Bait and Tackle and the two cooking discussions.  Interesting story of how you found SeniorNet.  Hope your day at the register is a fairly quiet one with small orders.  I for one would never get tired of reading your postings.  My starting paragraph(s) are usually the same in both discussions but then I try to respond to the individual posters and it is different in each discussion. 

Joy, Pat Halbach and Paul have the house in Winchester, Virginia.  Like you I don't like to be cold.  We usually keep our thermostat at 70 to 72 the year round.  

Mary Ann, I haven't started anything on my taxes yet but am certain they will be easy to do this year as I won't be itemizing. 

Amy, always nice to get good news from a doctor.  Cars and Vans not starting is disturbing.  They can quickly test the batteries and determine if a new one is needed (as I am sure you are well aware). 

June, I know you met to say Pat Scott and Geordie.  Geordie was a beautiful dog.  I bet those little grandchildren will be excited seeing Gary and Dori. 

Lloyd, glad that Nancy is back home and hope her recovery continues well. 

Lindancer, my wife likes to pick out her own vegetables, fruit and meats although I have been doing most of that lately.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, don't know what messed up but when I got here this morning I was back to the first of this month. I always get back to my last post. Had to hunt for my last post. Raining this morning and will be all day from what I heard.

LLOYD  I hope Nancy gets home today and feels great.

LARRY  like you I was in bed around 8 last night, still worn out from Christmas day but  feel more with it  today. Every  time I am away from my daily routine I am worn out. I  thought  it was Pat Scott H. you were talking about. If not for her we would not have S&F to keep us together. My prayers for her, she has been in ill health for much to long.

JOY  like others I never go to the Bait & Tackle forum. The SS is about the only place I come to anymore. Too hard to sit at  the computer anymore. My 3 year old  great grandson really made my Christmas wonderful. Nothing like an excited little one to make everyone happy.

CALLIE  I will be a couch potato when I finish here.

JANE  I am like you about the Bait &  Tackle. I am happy to be able to get here in the SS with our cyber family.

AMY  I was so stuffed I could not  eat anything till breakfast on Wednesday morning.

SHIRLEY  Pat helped me with posting some photos for me way back when I was still a newbie in SN. Then Bunnie talked me into a trial of PSP. Was good to be able to post photos without asking for help. Don't think I would know how anymore.

JENNY  my prayers for your Dad. I know it will be hard for you to leave and head back to Denver. It is all in God's hands.

MARY ANN  when Norm had his site on Yahoo he emailed me and invited me to join, I did but found it confusing so left it.

PHYLLIS  I do not want to see turkey for another year. I only like the dark meat but when I get some to take home it is alway white. Ok for one sandwich the next day and I do not want anymore. When I was young I loved the wings. always skin was crispy and that is what I like.  Seems like the crispy wings was something only my Mom did, all the others over the years were not.

LLOYD  glad Nancy is home again. Now don't let her do too much and tire herself out.

I have been here 3 hours already catching up. My CNA will be here in about 5 minutes so better get this posted. Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria, Norm knew it was difficult for people to get on his Yahoo B&T site.  I don't know how long he had it there, but he finally asked Pat H if he could be part of S&F and that is why it is here today.  We have some people who post in both sites and some only in B&T or SS.  The downside for me is that I have so many posts to my name, only a handful of people have posted more than I have!  Our subject matters in B&T are usually different than in the SS.  If you are interested in cats, Patricia has posted some interesting sites on feral kittens.  She also posts some good recipes, whether or not we cook.

Mary Ann

JaneS

LARRY, thanks for the offer but I do have a setting for S&F in my "favorites".  However, in the old site, we could opt to have emails come to our box when there were new postings on our retular sites.  I thought that's what it meant by "receive emails and alerts" but I can't get that to happen.

I was exhausted when I got home from work today and I only had time to take the dogs out and wash up before I had to leave for a Drs appt.  On the way home, I stopped at the store to pick up a few items and by the time I got home it was getting dark.  I relaxed for a bit and then had to get us all some supper.  After we ate and the doggies when out, I crashed on the sofa with a movie and "that's all she wrote" for about an hour.

AMY, you're welcome to as many zzzzs as you want.  I have a blanket that is stuffed with them and all I need is for a corner of it to be touching me somewhere and they pour out and grab hold of me.  There are more than enough to go around.

All I'm going to do tomorrow is laundry and just enough of it to get by.  If my energy level increases, I might see if the vacuum wants to dance a bit! 

I wish you all a good night and a great tomorrow and may God bless us, every one!

June Drabek

I have been cold all day.our high was 62. down to 39 tonight. That is not really cold, but I am. Ill be going down for a fish dinner tonight so maybe that will warm me up.It is getting dark earlier each night it seems.

My Gary and Dori will be flying to Idaho next week to see their son and his wife and three little Grandkids. I asked Gary to take them all out to dinner as a present from me. He will do it. I have such good family. God has surely blessed me.

Time to scoot down to supper. Have a Blessed night. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Night and sweet dreams, hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Denver

Good evening from Colorado.  We are home after a white knuckle drive from Phoenix yesterday.  A big storm surprised us after us doing our dudiligence and finding only some light rain/snow mix on the drive. We planned to drive to Albuquerque and stay the night, but after hearing a blizzard was coming in, we decided to just keep driving and get home.  We did not arrive until just after midnight, so today we have been taking it easy and getting settled back in.

My dads procedure went well, but the disc was in much worse shape than the doctor ever expected it to be. He continues to emphasis that dad must never bend over again for fear another disc is fractured.  Dad is not sure the procedure was a success yet, but he seems to be a bit more comfortable.  I guess time will tell.  It was very hard to see how my dad has gone down hill since his hip fracture a few months ago.  He was in so much pain, it was terrible to watch him.  It was very hard to leave him. Thank you again for all the kind words and prayers for him. 

LLOYD, happy to read Nancy is home.  I hope she feels stronger every day. 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. thanks for all the good wishes, good to have her home for the most Part. but she never got rid of her Irish temper HA HA HA. she dos not have the virus any longer but stuffy head with sinus infection. she is in already taking a hot shower trying to curb it. wish us both good luck.
Have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Larry Hanna I tried to send you a coppie of the picture of the Christmas cautious but it dose not seam to work for me.my thoughts were if i got it to fly you could post it in S & F. I seam to be ate up with memory loss of how to post it.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Light snow flurries this morning.

Jenny, glad your Dad is not isn't in that pain anymore..prayers for a quick recovery for him.

Of course I am pressed for time again.....just wanted to say good morning and I will be back :)

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  This will be short this morning because the boinger is just about to go off for the doggies breakfast.  And once the boinger goes off, they'll give me no peace until they eat.

I fell asleep on the sofa last night.  I've been trying to watch HIGH SOCIETY with Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra and Celeste Holm and a bunch of other old time stars.  It also features music by Louis Armstrong.  I seem to fall asleep at the same spot every time.

Small interruption...the boinger went off and I had to go feed the doggies.  I'm back with my breakfast bagel and a coffee warm up to wish you all a great day.

LLOYD, it's great to hear that Nancy is home and doing well.  If her Irish temper is evident, she must feel better.

JENNY, I'm glad to hear that you are home safe and that your father's procedure went well.  I do hope it brings him some relief but I can't imagine not being able to bend over!  That must be very hard for him to maintain.

We've had rain off and on for the past 48 hours.  I guess it could be worse.  I might have been snowed in if it had been snow.

Now I'm off to get dressed, make the bed and sort out what laundry to do.  Also have to pay some attention to my finances today.  I keep trying to ignore them but they keep cropping up. 

I hope Everyfriend has a lovely day!  Take it and make it yours in every way!

phyllis

I actually saw a little bit of sunshine earlier this morning. Had to stop and try to remember what that "yellow stuff" coming through the windows was. 

I plan a quiet day today with just some puttering around the house to do.  I can just about write my name in the dust on the furniture so I must try to find the duster and get to work......maybe.  ::) A lot of housework duties don't bother me too much but I purely HATE dusting.

Take care, All!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Looks like the rain finally stopped but every thing is still wet outside. Cloudy and 50° a heat wave for the year's end?

I did too much yesterday and am paying for it now. Think I will spend the day on the couch.
Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have a much brighter morning than yesterday with only a very small chance of rain today.  We got plenty of rain yesterday and it was dark and dreary all day long. This morning I need to pick up some prescriptions at Walmart and I also plan on attending my Saturday meeting.  Then this afternoon and evening the top college football games will be played to determine the two teams that will play for the national championship.

I am about to run out of time this morning so will limit my comments for today.  I have read all of the postings since I posted yesterday. 

June, I was happy to read you were going down to have the fish dinner and hope that met you were feeling better yesterday.  That was a nice gift for your grandson and the family to pay for them all going out to eat. 

Jenny, glad to see you made it safely home and that you were able to avoid the blizzard.  Glad your dad's procedure went well and hope he gets some much needed relief. 

Lloyd, sorry your efforts at sending the picture didn't work well.