Random Image

Kelly1 in Switzerland

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:33:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFSue

Good Afternoon, Every Buddy.  I went to SS and church (the service was led by our middle school students).  They did a pretty good job with their King and other students who acted out parts.  It was enjoyable, too.  Their adult advisors had them well prepared.  Afterwards my friends and I (and almost everyone else who were in attendance) went down to Baird Hall and ate lunch which was prepared by our new student advisor and his students.   The money which was contributed toward the meal will go to the youth's program who will be attending our summer camp up in north Alabama.

I'm planning on reading the rest of the day, although I also plan to plant some green beans in my new little garden out back.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

SharonE

Jane, it has been overcast here too and rained last night and while we were in church, but not raining now.  We needed it. I bought one traditional red geranium for one of the pots in back, but I have a variety of flowers in the pots. The showstoppers are the pink hibiscus in 2 pots in front. They each have 4 or 5 blooms on them.

Sue, glad you got to church and hope you get your green beans in.

Mary, I imagine you're anxious to get some flower in, but understandable that Margaret is too buy with the wedding now. I don't know how much rain we got, but quite a lot, I think. The storms woke Bunny about 2AM and scared her, so she started crying to get out of the den. Fortunately, John took care of her.

Darlene, I'll send the email in a few minutes.  I've been to church & SS and put in a load of towels and had my lunch. Nothing ele scheduled.  Have a blessed Sunday.  Sharon

jane

I did get some flowers...the tangerine geraniums.... in our Mexican Talavera (?) pots and the hanging baskets with a geranium that is both pink and white.  I had to go to the city's compost area to get some compost to mix with my potting soil.  Gary and Ray have a small compost pile, but it's behind the bee hives. They were very active, and I'm not taking a chance of getting stung again on my mastectomy side arm. 

I'll finish up the lavender frilly Martha Washington geraniums tomorrow.

We had a short t'storm and more to come tonight with a cold front. Today was 78, but just low 60s for next few days.

Jane

SharonE

Glad you got your flowers planted, Jane. I bet the orange geranium in the Talavera pot is particularly pretty.  I just came in from weeding under my bird feeder. One of the cons of having one. I had to sit in a chair and use a weeder thingy to do most of it.  John didn't seem inclined to do it.

I have a couple more loads of laundry to do today, but that's all I have planned.  Dr's appt tomorrow.

Darlene, did you get my email?

Sharon

jane

Ray's back in hospital...spent from 1:15 am to 5:30 am in ER.  They say pneumonia...I think they need to drain his lung again. Pulmonologist being called in.

I need to sleep.  Be back when I can.

Jane

SharonE

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry.  HUGS and prayers for you both. I hope he recovers quickly. REST! Sharon

maryz

So sorry, jane.  Lots of Tennessee hugs!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Sorry to hear that Ray is back in the Hospital, Jane. Sending prayers.

Freckles is doing a bit better. She was taking the Carprofen, Generic Rimadyl twice a day, plus I had been giving her Turmeric paste as well. The vet said, don't give her both because they both do the same ting. So in the morning I give her the pain pil and her in the evening meal she gets the Turmeric. The Turmeric past is called Golden Paste is is good for humans and dogs, so I take it too. Here is the link telling you all about it and the recipe. https://tinyurl.com/yyw3m2lw

Cottoncandy

Sharon...I see where I have a message from you but having hard time opening it....Jane sorry to hear about Ray...prayers in your behalf....that he heals quickly....we are still having rain showers...I've been trying to clean house...having kids and grand kids this weekend..have 11 here for dinner on Mothers Day...daughter and dil...cooking...Hi to Jeanne..Mary..Sue..and Marlyin and any I left out...Darlene or]

SharonE

Hoping to hear that Ray is better and that Jane got some sleep.

Marilyn, I'm glad Freckles is better. My first Lhasa was on Rimadyl for pain. She lived till 15.5 yrs! The paste sounds good too.

Darlene, I will resend the email and see if you can open it. Don't know why it wouldn't open, it's gmail.

Hi Mary. Hope you're having a good day and getting ready for the wedding.

Our internet provider is coming over this afternoon to change out our modem to see if we get better reception.

No other plans today. I did make an appt with a different ophthalmologist to see why my eyes are so strained and it's so difficult for me to read, even with glasses. Distance is fine. I've had 2 surgeries on each eye and can't see any improvement, so am changing doctors. He can't see me till June 4th though.

Have a good day, everyone.    Sharon

jane

Evening, Buddies!

Ray's still in the hospital and they're still giving him IV antibiotics, nebulizer treatments, oxygen, and meds to get him to cough up stuff from his lungs.  He's hoping to come home tomorrow or Thurs.  lots of rain and storms predicted for tomorrow.

Landscapers came, weeded, and put down mulch and planted some annuals in the front.  I'm pleased with what they did.

I'm tired, so calling it a night.

Jane

maryz

jane, glad you've checked in, and that Ray is doing well.  Home soon, I hope.  I also hope you can get some good sleep (and rest).

I'm pulling a Sharon tonight - it's 3 a.m. here, and I've been awake for about an hour.  I don't do this often, but hate it when I do.  Usually, I move from the bed to the chair after my potty wake-up, and go right back to sleep.  Not tonight, though.  Oh, well...

Sharon, our wedding is the 18th, so another week to get ready for that.

Margaret is coming over Sunday to bring some plants for my deck and to see if we can find a place to eat supper for Mother's Day.  It may just be Waffle House, but that's okay with me - I love to eat there.  (Simple tastes, but I love breakfast.)

I get my mani/pedi this morning, and am going to try to get my car washed - finally get all the pollen off.  That's really all that's going on this week.

I hope all the  Buddies are sleeping well!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

I was offline most of yesterday afternoon. Our provider came to change out the modem & increase the speed, but then our router wouldn't handle it, so they gave me a new router too.  Seems to be doing better.

Darlene, didn't get the new email out due to the above. Will try to do that next.  I have a doctor's appt at 4:00, so we'll see.

John and I have to teach the SS class this Sunday. Our retired pastor who normally teaches it wants to stay home with his sick wife on mother's day. That's sweet, but the lesson is hard. I've been working on it this morning.  Nothing else done.

Jane, I'm so glad Ray may be able to come home tomorrow. I know it will be so much more restful for both of you.

Mary, I know you will be glad to get some flowers out on your deck again. Margaret is so good to you.  My pink hibiscus are blooming like mad and are absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, my azaleas have finished for now, but they are Encores so will bloom off and on all summer. I'm sorry you had a Sharon night. No fun. Nap time this afternoon.

Marilyn, you must be planning for your trip to Hawaii now. Isn't it around the 1st?

I wonder where Sue is. She's usually in early.

Have a good day, everyone.  Sharon

Cottoncandy

Sharon.I received your email...thank you...my grandson will be here this weekend....I will get his help....Darlene

jane

It sounds as if everyone is doing ok...or coping, at least.

Rain and storms and cold and windy here...more like November than May 8!  Where did spring go?  I see Sue's area is getting heavy storms again as is Joy's.  I hope they are both ok.

Ray won't be coming home yet.  Dr. said his lungs sound better except for the left one where the cancer is and that still "crackles"...and then he found Ray's heart was irregular so ordered that to be monitored.  Because he's getting 4 IV infusions of antibiotics a day, he will be classified as "skilled care" at the hospital.  The reason is Medicare won't pay for IV infusions at home...and asking someone to come to the hospital 4 times a day when they're that sick is ridiculous in the doctor's opinion. So, everything will stay the same...the billing from the hospital will just be different.  And they were finally getting him up to walk when I left at 2:30...I mentioned again to Dr. that they hadn't walked him at all, so he added that to the orders.

I did get to play bridge today...and we had 2 tables so everyone had lots of chances to play.  Some good, some not so good, but it was great to think about something else for a few hours.

I'm home for the night, have had my shower and in "comfy clothes" and watch it rain.   ;D

jane

Marilyn

Yes Sharon we leave on the 1st.

I lost my ID wallet yesterday and do not know where. I stopped my debit card and will be issued a new one. I have to go to DMV and get another drivers license because I need a picture ID to get on the plane. I do Have my pictured Hospice ID and my Hospital picture ID but they don't have my full name on them. I called my insurance  and they are sending me a new  insurance card. I will get a new medicare card but I don't have my social security card I have to go to the office to get that. I just pray that no one tries to open charge accounts or tries to rob our house.There was a 50 doillar bill ib that little wallet but all I care about is my ID

maryz

Marilyn, I'm so sorry about your loss.  I had my wallet stolen years and years ago.  It was a pain then, but nothing like it is now.  I hope you don't have any problems, and glad you have enough time to get most things done before your trip.

jane, Glad you were able to get some bridge playing as a distraction.  Hugs!

Sue, I hope you've gotten through the weather okay.  It's just overcast here, so far.  Bad stuff is supposed to start tonight for us.

I've gotten a text from my Monday-night bridge partner.  She has defied all odds, is living, and is currently recuperating in the skilled-care area of her retirement community.  At 92, she's amazing!

Nothing else going on around here.

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I'm still in P.J's, but hoping to get dressed and outside shortly.  It's 9:15 here now and I'm usually up and dressed by then--but I have eaten breakfast and will dress soon.  My plan for the day includes some more leaf raking and watering my new tomatoes and the green beans.

I played bridge yesterday at Terri's and had a fantastic first round, but the other two went down hill.  I enjoyed the company and was glad to get out of the house.

Jane, I'm sorry Ray isn't coming home yet, but it sounds as if his doctor has a good plan and he'll be home soon.  I certainly think it is wise to keep him at the hospital rather than taking him out to get a treatment every day.  That has to be exhausting for both of you!  Keep us posted.  Thoughts and prayers for both of you from here in Auburn.  I'm glad you were able to play with your bridge friends, too. 

Darlene, I'm glad your grandson will be helping you this weekend. Does he live near you?

Marilyn, I'm sorry about the loss of ID and hope you can get it straightened out before you are to leave for your trip.  It's so frustrating to have to get new ID's when things like this happen.  When are you scheduled to leave?  Keep us posted and good luck on getting the paper work completed. 

Mary, the worst of the weather by-passed us.  We had a lovely sunny day yesterday and I worked in my yard a while.  I've planted 2 tomatoes and some green beans in my little garden and am hoping we don't get more frost so that I can have some home grown tomatoes and beans in the not too far distant future!  Hurray that your bridge partner is recovering nicely. 

Sharon, I'm glad you're back online now.  I hope the new router will continue to work well.  What are your plans for Mother's Day?  Tim and Kris are taking Ard and me out for brunch on Sunday, so I will miss Sunday School and Church.  They want to go about 10:30 in order to beat the church crowd.

Not much else to report today.  I did go through my canned goods shelves yesterday.  On Saturday, the Postal Workers will pick up bags of canned donations which will be given to the Food Bank.  They do this at least once annually in order to keep the Food Bank here and in surrounding areas with plenty of food for those needing it.

Sue

SharonE

Jane, sorry Ray is still in the hospital, but it sounds like it is for the best. So glad you got out to play bridge and decompress a little.

Marilyn, I'm so sorry to hear you lost all your ID's. You might consider going into the 3 credit centers and have them freeze your accounts until you get new cards. Be sure to talk to your bank and insurance about the loss too.  What a hassle! I hope you can get everything replaced before your trip.

Mary, how wonderful that your bridge partner is in rehab now.Very overcast and some sprinkles so far here today.

Sue, sounds like you've got a good garden started. Your bridge tale sounds normal.

I just got back from getting my hair cut and highlighted and then the groceries bought and lunch.  Now I have to work on my SS lesson.  I hope everyone is high and dry.  Sharon

jane

Marilyn...one of my fears is losing my wallet...good advice from Sharon.

Mary...your partner is amazing

Sharon...hope you're not too tired after all the shopping.

Sue...Sunday sounds nice with Tim and Kris.

I'm about to go back up to the hospital.  I was there early this morning, went back at 1:15 and he was sound asleep.  I couldn't sleep last night because of joint pain...and each time I've tried to sleep today, the phone rings and wakes me up. 

It's cold and windy now...just miserable out there.

Jane

Marilyn

I already did all that yesterday except for freezing my accounts. I only lost my debit card, none of my other cards were there. I only carry one in another wallet the rest stay at home. I need one to go with us on the trip. All my cards are paid off anyway. But I did write to Credit Karma and let them know that I will not bee opening any new accounts.

JeanneP

Sounds like all are doing O.K.We seem to get little things happening daily now. Just like our weather here in Illinois. Been storms everynight this week so far. I mean heavy. During the day sort of let up and dries out some but then here they come again. Sort of having to run out and do a little between .
Now Wednesday was a great day. I had spent 3 hours Tues. pulling creaping charlie and weeds. Raking leaves. finely Wed. SIL came to town and spent 3 hours putting yard in shape. Looks good. Then my man who was going to put new roof came at noon and did that .Just 2 men and it went fast. After them came the one to cut my yard. I mentioned to the Roof people that I was getting ready to jet wash the place . Have a little mold on oneside . Iwas then going to wash the big porch down. Paint the furniture  and get it all done for summer. He said he would jet every thing down for me next Tuesday just add hundred dollars to the roof check. Sounded good to me.. Then went and bought all the paint and stuff. Now for the first sunny day.

Jane. I hope soon you will find time to slow down. Now I think it better with what his problem is that they keep husband in Hospital until they say All Clear. Seen to many time they send them home and they are back in in a week. Its hard for you going daily but its better in the end.

Oh! that happened to me on my billfold. What a mess changing things. Then after I did that. I found the bill fold. was in a purse that I hardly ever use but did for one day. Now  I  only carry what I am going to need that day.  I made copies of every thing and on some you can just show a copy.

Now when went to Driving lic. place I had a card printed out thatlooks just like a drivers licence card with photo and every thing. They last Years. Just a ID card. I show it more than when they ask for drivers license. They send them to you with you new license card. Looks the same but just Say Identity instead of licence.
 My car key is what make me nerves now. On the new car I got 2 keys. They work on a Chip. Not use to the clikig but will not open door the old way. I kept walking to my car and trying. They informed me that the keys cost $250 if loose them. On my old car I had about six sets of keys sets with my door and mail box on. Always carried 2 sets because I lost 2 set already in last 5 month.(old car) Walmart found one set just a month ago.. Now I keep one of the new ones at home safe and sound. Wish they would give a choice of what People want and not so much Tech stuff.

Sun is out. Will now run and spray paint a few of the plant pots .
They say stormy tonight so will put on the porch.  Crazy weather. Wonder what kind of summer its going to be.  Feel like I need a vacation. D. in Texas was just on and their area flooded again. This is twice in 3 months so it won't be there for awhile.  The Bluebells sure look pretty there this year though. I never have been there at the right time.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone....we just had a bad thunderstorm...rain and marble to quarter size hail...has moved west now...lots of leaves in the yard and only see one small limb....got real dark...was scary....Jane hope...Ray recovers quickly and able to come home...I know it's hard on both of you....that's scary losing your wallet...I dropped my checkbook when getting out of my truck at walmart..thought I had just left it in the seat...there it was on the ground by my truck....thank God....no one saw it....I plan to be more careful...Hi Mary...Sue Sharon Jeanne and others looking in....Have a great Mothers Day.......Sharon my grandson lives about 4 hours from me[/color]

jane

I went up to see Ray after lunch but he was asleep.  They'd given him tylenol and benedryl and he slept and slept.  I think his body needs that rest. 

I'm tired tonight, too...joints still unhappy and the cold wind outside is nasty. 

I put the oven on autoclean since it's so cold outside; I figured now was a good time to get it done and have some heat in the kichen when it finishes.

jane

alpiner1

Jane.....I need to turn on the auto clean for our stove too but its electric , we have solar & its cloudy .  Our electic rates are sky high so I'll wait for a sunny cool day

jane

I am awake early for me...too many thoughts rolling through my brain.

At least the sun is out!

Back later, if I can.

Jane

maryz

So sorry, jane!  I totally understand.  Hang in there, babe!

So much for nothing being exciting.  I went to Panera this morning to have coffee with the swimmers. Walking up to place my order, and damned if I didn't trip over my own feet and fall down.  Knocked over the stanchions, got umpteen people running to help.  I HATE making a spectacle of myself.  Anyhow, first, I didn't break anything (except my ego). They had me sit for a bit to be sure I was okay, then about four folks got me back on my feet and to a table.  One of the Good Samaritans was a Hospice Nurse, and she watched me carefully, went and got ordered my coffee for me, offered me some Advil, and then told me I should probably be using a walker instead of just a cane.  And, DAMMIT, I know she's probably right.  (Sorry for the profanity - got to get it out somewhere.)

So now I'm home, have taken some acetominophen (didn't take the Advil that was offered), and will hopefully take a nice nap after lunch.  Sighhhhhhhhh!

SCFSue

Good morning, Jane, and Every Buddy looking in.  I'm waiting for Eddie to come to take me to the library and Kroger.  He should be here shortly.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, so I'm ready to go. He will take me to the library first to return books and get a few more.

Jane, I'm sorry about having trouble with your sleeping.  I know that you must be very apprehensive when the phone rings.  How was Ray feeling yesterday?  I hope he's beginning to feel better and hope he isn't depressed about staying in the hospital.  I'm sure his doctor will let you know when it's best to bring him home.  Keep us posted.  Thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Marilyn, it sounds as if you are good to go.  When are you leaving and how long will you be in Hawaii?  Have a great time.  I hope Keith is able to enjoy the change during the trip.

Darlene, I hope the hail didn't damage your roof.  You were blessed to find your wallet by your truck and with every thing inside!  Does your grandson live near you?

Alpiner, it's good to see you here this morning.  Are you planning on traveling anytime soon?

Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry about your mishap at Panera.  I can sympathize with your feeling like a spectacle.  I've had those moments myself and it's hard to deal with.  Thank goodness nothing was broken.  I understand how you must feel about using a walker, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and get with the program.  Hugs from Auburn to you this morning!

Sue

SharonE

Marilyn, glad there were no credit cards and that you have reported the loss. I'm not familiar with Credit Karma. Must be a western organization.  Be sure you use a wheelchair for Keith to get through the airports on your trip and also warn him about TSA going through his bags and make sure there's nothing in them that shouldn't be. Paranoia is part of Alz.  SIL, Milly, had a total meltdown going and coming home from her sister's in Phoenix. Fortunately, happened before we tried to bring her to the wedding. She agrees that coming isn't a good idea. Maybe Keith hasn't reached that stage, but a word to the wise.

Mary, I'm so sorry you had your embarassing and probably painful incident at Panera. I guess we all have to accept our frailties and act accordingly. I have the walker in the bedroom, but haven't taken it out since my knee surgery was over. HUGS!

Sue, sounds like you have lots to do today. Hope you find some good books.

Jane, it's wet, chilly, and dreary here too, so I know what you mean about the joints. It sounds like Ray really needed the rest, and you do too. I wish you had someone there with you to answer the phone, so you could sleep better. It must be really hard. I haven't had to face that yet, but one of us probably will before too long.

Darlene, I worry about you every time I hear about the flooding in TX. I hope you stay high and dry. Nice that your SIL came and helped you out.

Jeanne, hurrah that you have a new roof and plans for pressure washing and painting being done soon and grass mown.  Aren't weeds a pain?
I think you're wise to keep a car key at home. I have gotten in the habit of checking to see that I have put my key in my purse everytime I get out of the car.  I also have a house key stashed away. Those are the only keys I use.  I do have the extra key for John's car, but seldom ever use it. I leave it at home.  It's strange that both John and I have Avalon's but 5 yrs difference in age. His is the newer but I don't like some of the things they have done with it.

I slept in this morning. Slept hard last night, didn't even wake up to go to the bathroom or take my thyroid, so had to wait a while after I got up to be able to eat or take my meds.  I hate that.  Nothing scheduled today.

Have a good day everyone, even if it is a wet one.  Sharon

JeanneP

Rained again all night but sun out right now. If dries up some I may still paint the flower pots and the chairs. I forgot to get a can of Beige colour to paint two of the chairs. May just go to Walmarts as it is less than a mile away. Got the others at Manards the other day. Need to take the sun screen back to Walmarts anyway. Thing is so big.

Jane. Maybe they will hold husband in Hospital until Monday now. Sleep is most probably doing him good. His lungs need to be clear. You just rest all you can.

My BP was getting to high for me. Dr. does not seem to bother as much as I do. I feel like now, after going back on using salt and seeing it drop I feel much better. Get blood taken again next week and will talk to him. Also eye doctor on Monday. My dry eye seems to be much better also.
I do believe that if the weather would improve I will be back chipper again.  Winter was my worst one it seems. Stuck in the house to much.

MaryZ.  Glad you didn't hurt anything. You see so many using walkers now. If you feel would help you more. Get one of the new walkers. They are not that bulky .Also people get out of your way when they see you using one.
JeanneP