Random Image

prospect.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, July 15, 2019, 12:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

test I seam to have lost the internet.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Lloyd Hammond

Amy

You are ok Lloyd, your post/test came through..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I saw them all, too, LLOYD!

I'm just stopping by to wait out my pill so I can go right to sleep when I go to bed.  Tomorrow will be a busy day....work 9-1 then (maybe) get my hair cut, then out to dinner tomorrow evening with former employees of Pennsylvania House Furniture.  We do it several times a year and tomorrow is the day.

Kept busy today but came home from Church and my after church errands, sweating profusely.  Stayed in as much as I could the rest of the day and prepared the stuff to make chili sauce to can, probably Wednesday afternoon.  It's supposed to be much cooler tomorrow and Tuesday...only in the mid 70s.  That's my kind of summer!

Now I'm off to Dreamland.  I wish you all a peaceful rest and a happy tomorrow and cooler weather!  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

GOOD NIGHT JANE.....sleep well and I hope your shift goes well for you tomorrow.

We were quite a bit cooler here today, especially this afternoon when it clouded over.  Tonight we are having all kinds of weather warnings including flooding.  It has not rained that much here but we have had a lot of thunder and lightening.

Grandson Warner arrived safely and we picked him up from his other grandparents.  We managed to get most of our clothes packed so will not have that much to do tomorrow.  We have to get our granddaughter to dance at 1 PM and pick her up at 4:30.  We are ALL on edge as we wait to hear about Michele's scan....so hopefully the tumor has shrunk .....that will be the best new ever IF it has....

We have to be up early tomorrow so we can get checked in on Southwest Airline for our 6 AM flight on Tuesday 🤣🤣😩😩. Tuesday will be a very, very early get up!  What was I thinking?😱🤯🤯🤯

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Wow down to  73° this morning. Looks like maybe I can go outside this morning for a change. Will feel so good. After 3 days of being inside I was beginning to feel like I was in jail.

CAROL  if I looked out a window and saw a bear looking at me I think I would either scream my heart out or faint away. In this are of the New England states black bears have been showing up. First it was deer, seeing one was something to talk about but now they are hunted. Then came a stray coyote and now there are too many of them. Now the black bears are coming down from the northern states. then sharks are showing up in the ocean up here. It is said the Atlantic is warming up so the sharks are coming north. I would be afraid to go swimming in the ocean these days.  Those sharks come close to the shore.

MARY ANN  I did get to see the Pacific, even got my feet wet in it the first time my daughter and SIL took me there when I visited them in San Diego.

LLOYD  saw your test post so you had the internet.

JANE  you, Shirley and me all like it no higher than the mid 70's. I have already shut off the AC and opened a window to let some refreshing air in. According to the guessers we are in for thunderstorms starting at 2 PM and they will be around for 1 hours. If that happens will be no Skype with my daughter late afternoon. I shut off everything when there is a Tstorm around.

JENNY  what were you thinking getting a flight that early? You wanted to spend as much daylight time with your Boston family as possible? Have a safe flight and hope we do not get another heatwave while you are here in thee area.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Over cast here, no rain yet though. Temp is 60° at the moment, love it!! Have some in door work to do and maybe if it stays cool garden work also..

Gloria, enjoy your time outside. I also shut down the computer when there is a storm .My sewing machine I unplug after I use it.......can't have either one frying!

Jane, have a line full of smiling folks today. Your home is going to smell so nice with chili cooking!! How do you like your new stove?

Jenny, have a safe flight, enjoy your grandson's visit. Prayers for Michele that they find no tumor!

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  WOW! this is my kind of weather!  Right now it's 72º and heading for a high of 75! 

I'll be off to Wally World at 9!  Thanks for the good wishes for my line.  This weather should do something for people's moods.  I'm also awaiting a call from the vet about Annie's tests on Friday. I hope all's well and she will be able to have done what needs to be done.

We had a little rain over night and more is predicted for today.  It's supposed to start around 11 and last most of the rest of the day and part of the night.  Poor Mickie had a bad time for a bit last night.  She must have heard the thunder way off in the distance because she was shaking.  I sat up and held her tight for a while until the thunder moved off in the distance and then we all went back to sleep.  I hope today's rain is just rain and no thunder.  They are both afraid of it.

Enjoy your day, Everyfriend...especially the cooler temps.  Do what you feel like doing.  The day is yours!

phyllis

Good morning!  I'm happy that the cooler air has reached you up there in PA, Jane.  We have one more hot day to get through and then cooler tomorrow.  Can't wait.

I've done very little except hibernate for the past several days.  Yesterday I needed something to eat that wouldn't bother my touchy stomach so found a recipe for Egg Custard in the IP.  I used one that was so simple and quick and came out beautiful.  Took me about 5 minutes to mix it up,  time for pressure to build was about 8 min, then 7 minutes actual cooking and with Instant Release the custard was ready in about 15-20 minutes.  It was light and perfect and just what I needed.  If you would like to try it here is the link to the recipe:    https://www.idonthavetimeforthat.com/instant-pot-custard/

I haven't made custard in years because I didn't want to mess around with heating oven, setting up a hot water bath, and baking for an hour.  This is going to be a "go-to" recipe for me from now on.  David liked it, too, because it was light, not too sweet, and perfect for a dessert on a very hot day when you don't feel like eating very much.

Hope it is a cooler day for all of us.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Lloyd Hammond

well i am able to get on line. i am having phone and internet problems. i am on hard wired phone with phone people trying to get it fixed. see you later

L

Shirley

Good morning to all!!! Had a fractured night of sleep myself... thinking & cats the problem. Went to bed about 11:00 (waited for dryer to stop so I could fold towels)... woke up at 12:30 hungry & thinking so gave up & came to the kitchen for a hard boiled egg & piece of jelly toast & cup of coffee (I told you it works in reverse for me, puts me to sleep). Opened the door after checking temps so up popped Tiger. She thought it meant breakfast time. She was wired & couldn't settle down so I put her out & she cried at the door to come back in. Same story so out again & this time Tom wanted to come in. After a snack of dry cat food he went back out & I finally got to sleep for an hour, maybe.

I am not ready for prime time today but it will hit full force soon. Andy said he would be over to check out the damage to that valve that blew yesterday, the shut off between the pool & sprinkler system. Afraid it is a major repair & I don't know anyone that can fix it but him. Cas made that system up himself & think the plastic pipe just had too much sun & got brittle. Poor Andy, I will pay him good for this but he doesn't need the money, it's time he is short on!  He doesn't want me to leave this house partly because his little camper is stored in my extra garage & he'd have to find another home, he doesn't want his toys sitting out in the sun & few rental places are enclosed. In KS wind the over head shelter is worthless, hail, rain & sun just comes in from the sides.

Will need to call early to talk to the man that can install a new roof on the RV & know he will have to have it driven to inspect to see what parts must be ordered. Before they can work on it I have to empty all those cabinets that touch the ceiling & store it at the house until they are finished. That will be a sweaty job... & will need to sort other items that I wouldn't want sitting unlocked in a storage area, so basically taking everything out. I'm having a panic attack with that thought. 

The roofer for the house will have to come pull out a shingle in the back to send off to be analyzed so will have to have time out for that. I may suggest he just take one off the front & not worry about looks, different type in until they can do the whole roof. Would be a lot less trouble than dragging a tall ladder around back. Does sound like I need a 48 hour day because I know my eyes are already begging for a nap.

Do hope life settles down for all, what happened to sitting in a rocking chair when we get old?????  Glad to see Every Friend checking in this morning... a little prayer for you, Larry, if you read the posts this morning. You are not forgotten.

Got to thinking about that bear at the door.... I do believe I'd be thrilled 'cause I'd know I was in Colorado & not Kansas! I would hide out though..... I know where to hide during a tornado, where would you hide from a bear?

Oops, you slipped in, Phyllis. That does sound good. The custard my mother made took lots of egg yolks & cooked over a double boiler. I tried but failed miserably to make it but something lacking in the recipe I had. I did shred a bag of little carrots to put in lemon jelly for someone. I love it but raw carrots do not please my tummy, even shredded. Seems everyone is on a diet & health kick & that's one sweet that most should be happy with. I ate one spoonfull...

Hope Annie's test come back "the best possible", Jane... and that reminds me... Sandy, I read up about the tumor your sister is dealing with, it rang a bell because I wasn't sure what the doctor meant when she told me to "not stop taking the prednisone for the brown spider bite... because I might bleed into the adrenal glands". At that time no computers to look up anything, I didn't even know where they are in the body. Best to your sister & expect she will appreciate your help. 

Lloyd, you are showing up at my house!  I had a terrible time with phones & internet yesterday, calls dropped over & over & one of those days everyone called & we'd call back several times to finish a sentence. Hope the flooding didn't hit too hard at your house. 

so_P_bubble

I am back home!  I went away since the 18th: I had invited my daughter to a vacation/stay in a kibbutz in Galilee. It's called Lohamei Ha-ghetaot and was founded by the survivors  who spent WWII fighting the Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto. There is a  museum bearing witness to incredible bravery: from daredevil escapes plotted in sewers to spiritual resistance through the clandestine cultivation of Jewish education and culture.

BUt it was soooo hot! I came back tired and sweaty and will need two or three days to recuperate!

I was sorry to read the post about Larry but hope that soon he will have better days and we will be able to read his optimistic day reports. Hello Larry!

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley stay off of the roof just stand out far enough you can see them and talk to them. you do not want any thing to fall on your head no Matter how hard you may think it is. I can tell you from experience the head knocks is not good. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Shirley

Happy to see you back, Bubble & hope you could take photos (signs at the Alamo to NOT take photos inside). I would absolutely love to visit the places you talk about. So much history we only read about. I was only 10 when the war was over but from 6 to 10 it controlled our lives, knowing that my brothers would be enlisting. The oldest did not wait until graduation from high school but told Mother that "she could sign for him or he would go to KC & lie about his age". She signed, he was the one in the German POW camp the last 9 month of the war. I think my other brother said it was their 13th mission... he went into the Navy after graduation. Not sure how long training was for the oldest, he was a navigator, I think. We were all very patriotic those days. The heat really drains me, too.

Lloyd, I've had quite a few of those bumps on the head where I saw stars as I lay on the concrete. We would roller skate to school & I'd skate backwards to talk to someone, hit a stick on the sidewalk or crack & fly into the air & land flat on my back & head. Not too lady-like.  ;D  When we were building a house I got on the roof to cover vent pipes & wind blew the ladder over so I had to find a place to jump off. Sand pile in front but had a metal strip planted in the highest point (thanks to the kids the day before), pouring down rain & those shake shingles were slick as ice in the rain. I gave my body a fling out to the sand pile & a roll to the side... sand stuck to me like glue & my 3 year old little boy stood at the door & said, "you are dirty, Mommy".... I was spitting out sand but not hurt. I bounce pretty good yet.  :thumbup:

Son came over & put a cap on the broken valve but it is too windy to run the sprinklers now. The guy I need to talk to about the RV roof has not called back yet but bet he will if I try to get a nap!  Maybe eat again.

Amy

Welcome back Bubble!!

We had a busy mixed up day but a good one. I did get some gardening done then hubby wanted it replace the kitchen taps   so that job is now complete.

Phyliss, thank you!!!! I made the custard and oh my did it bring back memories of the time I worked on a farm. The lady there made awesome baked custard and this was just as good!! I did cook it a little longer as it was rather wiggly at 7 min This recipe has gone in my IP binder....again thank you!!

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well  Shirley today a friend Hauled my four wheeler to a shop for me to get it fixed for me. the shop building had 4 steps down to a second level. even though there was a sign there saying witch your step I never seen it. I opened the door and stepped down took a tumble down on to the flower down there about 3.5 feet, lit on my head and shoulder. Insistent head ace and shoulder hurt. still tonight but some easier. so it is time to say good Night and sweet Dreams, hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble

Oh Lloyd, you seem prone to mishaps.
 I hope you soon feel better.

so_P_bubble

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

Television's perfect. You turn a few knobs, a few of those mechanical adjustments at which the higher apes are so proficient, and lean back and drain your mind of all thought. And there you are watching the bubbles in the primeval ooze.
You don't have to concentrate. You don't have to react. You don't have to remember. You don't miss your brain because you don't need it. Your heart and liver and lungs continue to function normally.
Apart from that, all is peace and quiet.
You are in the man's nirvana.
And if some poor nasty minded person comes along and says you look like a fly on a can of garbage, pay him no mind. He probably hasn't got the price of a television set.
-Raymond Thornton Chandler, writer (23 Jul 1888-1959)

Amy

Good morning everyone.
No rain yet. :(
Yesterday was nice a little cooler with a slight breeze. I hope that is what we will get for today plus a soft rain...Putting my order in. I am off with the friend to the fabric shop, cheese shop and chocolate shop..... Going to be a fun day.

Bubble..interesting Chandler , for all that is on tv we might as well watch the bubbles in the primeval ooze.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, big difference from yesterday. Rained from yesterday afternoon and still coming down. Had some loud boomers during the night, every time I fell asleep another one would wake me. We did have some blinking in the lights but so far the power has stayed on. Could hardly believe the temperature, 62°. . Now that is much better but we are in for rain all day. Maybe tomorrow, too.  After this all stops I hope a few days of around 70 and dry, then I would feel like doing something. Even the back massage I had yesterday did not help. Oh well, goes with the age.

AMY  I used to unplug everything but now I just shut every thing off. Hope you can go play in the garden today. I sure will stay inside today. I am so sweet I would melt in all the rain.
😃😊😁

JANE  I feel so bad for the dogs that are afraid of thunder and fireworks. They just don't understand that noise.

PHYLLIS  hope you get some relief from the hot weather soon. I always disliked hot summer days and the older I get the more it bothers me. I would never be able to live where my daughter does now. Since my traveling days are over I will never see where they are in the Arizona mountains or high desert, what ever you want to call it. Beautiful views and off the grid, nice and quiet, not many cars driving by and never speeding. As is said of some places-a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

LLOYD  glad you have the land line to call your provider so you can get back here with us. Miss you. Behave and no accidents either, Want you to come and chat with us very soon.

SHIRLEY  is it the time for you to downsize to a smaller home? Now if you were rich you could hire a maid to do all that work you do and a handyman for all that outside work that always needs to be done. Ah yes we can all keep on dreaming, right? Doesn't cost anything.

BUBBLE  that museum sounds like a place i would like to visit. There is so much to learn about the past in all museums but so many think they are dreary places of old stuff. Hope it starts cooling off there and you get some rest.

SHIRLEY  with some of the things you have done it is wonder y ou are still with us. Maybe the Man Upstairs is waiting to see what you get into next.

LLOYD  another  fall and hit your head, what are we going to do with you? Better stop rushing into things, move slower and check the area before you take a step.

BUBBLE  great thought for the day. Yep sit and watch the TV like a bump on a log and do or learn nothing.

LARRY  hope you are doing better today. We all miss you.

Just hear local weather, rain is coming down 1 to 2 inches an hour. Will have some road flooding. Think I should call and tell my CNA to cancel coming today.
Have a good day.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. thanks for the thoughts and the send off for the day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I hope your day is a good one today.

I was so tired yesterday that I didn't even stop in the office on my way to bed.  We had rain all day.  Just as I stepped out the door to go to work it started to pour.  I went back and got my umbrella and I needed it it!  We had rain all day except for the few times the dogs decided to go out.  For some reason, it stopped at those times.

This morning I feel somewhat better.  I not only watched some TV though my eyelids, I went to bed early and slept pretty well.  We were up around 6 and went out, came in and the doggie got their pill and we waited it out.  And now, here we are!

I have a chiropractor appt today at 12;30 and it's about 45 minutes away.  I have the perfect day for driving.  It's supposed to be cloudy all day.  My favorite if I have to drive.  On the way back, I come right by the Amish store so I'll make a quick stop.  Then tonight, my daughter and I will go to the FREE Alfred Hitchcock movie.  It's PSYCHO this week.  That's the one with Anthony Perkins and Janet Leigh. 

My prayers continue for all who need them...especially you, LLOYD.  And also especially for LARRY and PAT!

I hope today brings you the answer to your favorite wish and that all your dreams come true! 

phyllis

Amy, I'm pleased that you liked the Egg Custard as much as I did.  It is going to be a favorite of mine from now on.

Gloria, the rain you are having sounds wonderful to me.  We had a little rain last night.  Not as much as we need but we'll take what we can get with gratitude.  It is cooler today and I'm very happy about that.

Lloyd, I've never known anyone who is as accident prone as you are.   :(  Please try to be more careful.

Bubble, Raymond Chandler's quote is even more true today than it was years ago.  I always loved his mysteries and some of them were made into wonderful movies.  Double Indemnity,  The Big Sleep, Strangers on a Train, Blue Dahlia were all great movies with wonderful casts.  Unfortunately, not only is TV terrible now but good movies aren't made anymore either.   Thank goodness, I can still read and I have some good sources for old good books on-line.  Without that I think I would just give up. 

No plans today except the normal household chores.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning. 

I didn't make it in here yesterday.  It was a day that just went  by too fast.  I did get my hair done and that was about all I did.  And, before I knew it, the day was gone.

We had a really bad storm yesterday afternoon.  Lots of Tornado warnings all around me.  Many trees were down, but I don't think any tornados touched down.  This morning there are lots of delays with some roads closed because of the downed trees.  And, the temperature at 9 was only in the mid 60's.   BIG change from the past week of over 100 º.

I read all the messages 

Lloyd, sorry you had another mishap.  We need to put "bubble wrap" around you. LOL

Bubble, your little vacation sounded so nice. Glad you got to go, but sorry about the hot weather.

Phyllis,  your custard sounds good.  I have saved the recipe as it sounds like it would be easy.  If I ever get around to using the IP.

I was hoping to see a message from Larry today.  I do hope he is feeling rested and will look forward to his posting again soon.

Good morning to Gloria, Jane, Amy, Shirley, and all the other early morning visitors.

I am wondering if Jenny will have to re-arrange her travel plans to BOston this morning, as all of that area are having  lots of flight delays due to the bad weather on the east coast. Looks pretty bad where she was headed to this morning,

I hope everyone will have a good day.  I have a doctor's appt. this afternoon, so I need to get myself moving a little faster to get a few chores done before I have to get ready.  I am feeling better, but still not just right yet.  I hope my primary care doctor will be able to offer me some help.  I don't have an appointment with the urologist until next week.

Hope everyone will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Just got home from delivering the elephant to the RV place to get the new roof put on. Hope it goes as easy as they tell me. Sounds impossible because they have to take off all the vents, antenna, AC & whatever else is up there & get it all back & working. I really was disgusted with myself because I trusted Google Maps & they sure were not up to date where the RV place is! Finally gave up after the 2nd re-run of that stretch of highway & pulled over & called. I thought I was miles away & the guy that answered the phone laughed & said I was just across the highway from their shop! All's well & I hardly recognized my house without the elephant in the driveway!

Mowers come this afternoon & they will spray the grass that grows in the concrete sidewalk & driveway plus the brick patio in the back. I've been weed whipping because it's too tough to pull. My fingers try to lock up & after a neighbor said her husband had to have his unlocked with surgery... not for me! Anyway, will try to protect the cats from walking on it until it's dry.

I had less that 3 hours sleep Sunday night & 5 hours (maybe) last night so am hoping to find a chance to nap today. In fact, could be time before the mowers come (I have to unlock gates, etc. for them). Shame to waste this cool day but the brain is crying for sleep.

Lloyd, sorry you didn't see the step sign... You've got to have a talk with yourself & insist that what ever you are doing  that is ALL you think about instead of having your mind ahead of your body. Every time I do that I get into trouble & it is because I am thinking about something else instead of what my hands or feet are doing right then!  Slow down!

Love reading about what the IP can do but am going to NOT get another thing to cook with. That custard does sound good...

Jane, I do remember that movie & think I had my eyes closed half the time. Don't think my heart could handle it these days! Enjoy... and hope the chiropractor helps. I haven't been to one in years... last few only cracked bones & wanted to take X-rays... didn't help. I do belive they are worth while when they really "adjust". Any word about the pup's tests?

Gloria, maybe "the man upstairs" isn't ready for this natural disaster!   :crazy2:  Seriously, if I downsized from this house it would cost more than I spend to live here... and I would have to have the cats put to sleep. Can't hire anyone to do any work when they get more to sit & let US pay them for doing nothing!  My kids know how to work but my gr-kids don't.. they piddle as they work, or talk.... even their parents admit their kids don't know how to "just dig in & do it".

Better have a bite to eat & nap. Have a great day, stay safe, Every Friend.  :thumbup:

JaneS

I never got my appointment with the chiropractor.  She was having an attack of vertigo and spending more time in the bathroom than in the examining room.  So I get rescheduled.  I understand her predicament because I have occasional attacks of vertigo.  It's not fun!

SHIRLEY, I travel some to go to this chiropractor because she's not the bone cracking kind.  She's called and APPLIED KINESIOLOGIST (I think I spelled that rght.) and everything she does is by touch only.  Look it up and I'd bet there's one or more in your city.  I trust her touch and I found her because my daughter Christy used to work for her. 

The verdict on the dog is not to do the surgery.  It turns out that it's something that is peculiar to Scottish Terriers and, while she might consider removing the lump if Annie was younger, she thinks that, since it doesn't seem to be actually hurting her, we shouldn't put her through the trauma o surgery a her advanced age.  I'm in favor to this because it's what I would do for myself unde the same circumstances.  The Vet has put some time and study into this.  She said that she seemed to remember that there was something like this in Scotties and she looked it up and studied it.  She has sent some info that she found so I can read it for myself and if I don't understand some of it she'll be happy to meet with me to explain it.  Now there's a vet to trust!

PHYLLIS, I LOVE custard and I'm going to try yours in my IP.  But I have to make and can chili sauce this week so it probably won't be until Saturday or Sunday.  I'll let you know the results.  I cooked some string beans Sunday and they were excellent.  The were the leftover that didn't fit the jars.

Gotta go.  Cathy's picking me up at 6 for the movie.  Enjoy your evening!

Lloyd Hammond

Thanks friends . not as hot as has been but still to hot is 79º now at 5:07 Pm central standard time. Have the rest of the day Good. sweet dreams and good evening.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Wow a whole 62° this morning, love it. Window open last night and I think I was asleep by 8:30 or a few minutes after that. The rain eased up by noon but rained till about 6 last evening. I had to grab my warm robe when I got up, felt chilly after all the heat we had.

JANE  looks like a real Hitchcock thriller you saw last night. I remember that one. Too bad Anthony Perkins never made many good movies after that one, he was so good in it. I was wondering if a chiropractor would help my back, asked the doctor on my last visit but she didn't think much of the idea. I had PT before and my back was worse after that. Of course with me it is always transportation I have to worry about.

PHYLLIS  this time the rain and winds  were more along the shore than here. Out on Cape Cod there was a tornado. On the news they showed the roof on a motel lift up and blew away. They showed a view of it with the roof off and you could see every thing inside the rooms, weird to see. My daughter said they had a bit of rain where they are in Arizona. Another place where it is welcome. Like you I love to read more than watch TV. Of course I look up OLD movies on YouTube and can enjoy some of the old musicals that were popular in the 1940's.

JOY  we are down in the 60's this morning and it feels great. Not too windy here yesterday but it sure poured.

SHIRLEY  I had one finger that locked up and really was getting to me but when I had the second carpal tunnel surgery I told the doctor about it and he fixed that at the same time. No problems since then. I was awake the whole time and I liked that better than being sedated. I have 4 grandsons that know how to work and on days off they are always doing something at home. 2 granddaughters on will work but keeps changing jobs and the younger one works only part time and always tired, like her mother.

JANE  you have a good vet, not looking to get rich performing a surgery that will not do much good.

LLOYD  hope you slept good and restful last night. Remember, take it slow and watch where you are walking and what you are doing. You had your share of accidents and more. No more for you.

AMY  did I get here before you? 🤷‍♂️