Random Image

ava

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 1, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, December 01, 2018, 12:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

[attach name=Electric+Rose.jpg type=image/jpeg]8138[/attach]

so_P_bubble

[attach name=Raw+Silk+Border.jpg type=image/jpeg]8139[/attach]

so_P_bubble

"Has your son decided what
he wants to be when he grows up?"
I asked my friend.

"He wants to be a garbageman,"
he replied.

"That's an unusual ambition to have at such a young age."
"Not really. He thinks that garbagemen work only on Tuesdays."

so_P_bubble

I had just pulled over someone for driving under the influence when another car pulled up behind us. I stopped what I was doing and ventured back to see if the driver needed assistance.

"No, I don't need any help," he said, reeking of booze. Then, pointing to the flashing cherry top on the roof of my cruiser, he continued, "I just stopped for the red light."

so_P_bubble

Q. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words "Wednesday," "Friday," or "Sunday"?

You answer?

Denver

My Birthday is not quite over, but there is no chance now of Jonah making his appearance on November 30th❣️I spoke to his mama a couple of hours ago and she is doing well and very anxious for this baby to arrive. 

I thank you all for the very nice Birthday greetings, and sweet comments about the baby arriving on June and My day.  I guess he decided he wants to share his Birthday Month with Jesus. 

JUNE, I am so happy you also had a wonderful day with your Gary and Dori.  There is nothing finer than precious time spent with our children. 

I wish you all a very good night of rest, and Happy December to EVERYFRIEND.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

roley

G'MORNING all. Wet and windy here today, no snow or frost thank goodness :)  glad you received the card and calendar Lloyd it seems to have taken along time crossing the atlantic this year!.
Bubble.I have tried to answer your latest email. but get confusing message on my PC, SENT/REJECT!, would you let me know if any emails from me has arrived in the last day or two,thanks.

Cheers.  Roley.

Amy

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Bubble thank you for the start page and jokes!

Looking like rain out there this morning, they said it wouldn't come until this evening but weather wears its own watch!

Laundry and more baking today..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's in the mid 20s here right now but supposed to warm up later and that's good because we are also supposed to have precipitation.  If it stayed cold, it could be freezing rain or snow but it's predicted to be only plain old rain....AGAIN!

BUBBLE, my mind went totally blank when I read your riddle this morning and when ideas came in all I could think of was using abbreviations to identify the days....Sun. Mon, Tue?  or maybe dates...Dec, 1, 2, 3?  They're probably both wrong but I sure do have something to occupy my mind today!

JENNY, sharing  birth month with Jesus is a good thing, too.  I hadn't thought of that possibility.  And that' the first time I heard you mention his name.  Jonah is a nice name!

I'm going to go get dressed while we await the boinger this morning so I can get an early start on my errands and then if Cathy calls about going to Wengers I can go.  I like going to the Amish Store but I really enjoy being with my daughter!

I talked to the insulation guy yesterday and they will be here sometime next week!  Things are beginning to fall into place but it sure took a long time!

I wish you all a happy day doing exactly as you wish!  Grab the day and make it your own in every way!

Added note!  Yep!  I think AMY's right about the days.  Boy!  she's smart, isn't she!  She gets them all!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Joy

Good morning !

Amy, you beat me to the answer to BUbble's riddle.  I was just getting in here to give the same answer !

A cold morning, but supposed to be up in the 60's tomorrow.  Then, cold again.  Really are having crazy weather patterns lately.  The weather guy has been saying it is to be a rainy day, but the sun is shining brightly right now.

I have been awake for a while, but  have done nothing but did some googling on the computer.  Had to look up a couple things and now must go get some breakfast.

Have a good Saturday.

Joy
BIG BOX

Gloria

Good morning everyone 28° and a heavy frost this morning, looks almost like a light layer of snow.

LLOYD  have a wonderful trip and enjoy the warmer temperatures in Florida.

LARRY  for most days this past week the mornings were sunny but at noon it started clouding up and got windy.

GLORIA  de  unless my jacket is lightweight I have to lay it out on the bed and then sit on the bed and reach back to put my arms in. I have to do that with my fleece robe, too. That is a pain.

JANE  on my great grandson's first birthday my grandson and his wife asked for books for him, I liked that one.

JUNE  glad you had Gary and Dori with you to celebrate your birthday, that made it special.

BUBBLE  thank you for a new page with 2 beautiful graphics.
Good jokes. Hmm would those 3 days be yesterday Today and Tomorrow?

AMY  on the evening news yesterday the weather guru said it was snowing, I looked out and it was all dry here. I wonder where his brain was.

JANE  like you I am hoping we do not get more rain for a few weeks at least.

Have a good day on  this first day of December.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have an overcast morning, not really very chilly and a good possibility of some rain this morning.  I do plan on attending my Saturday meeting and also making a stop a Aldi's for a couple of grocery items we need.  In mid-afternoon and this evening I look forward to two conference Championship football games.  The first involves the University of Georgia and the second Clemson University.  Hopefully they will both be competitive games.

Lindancer, glad you were able to attend your Homemakers group and teach the class.  I hope you have warmed up from the cold outside.  Maybe the Plavix is why I am cold a lot of the time. 

Jane, glad you found a position to stand that wasn't as painful on your back as before.  When our Church as an infant baptism we often sing Jesus Loves Me as the proud parents go up and back down the center isle of the Church. 

June, it sounds like Gary and Dori treated you well yesterday on your birthday and didn't give you anything that has to sit on a shelf, at least permanently.  I am glad you felt like enjoying your Birthday. 

Mycheal, was your birthday in November? 

Bubble, thanks for getting us started on a new month.  You are so talented with your graphics. 

Jenny, another day of anticipation for you and your family as you wait for the new baby to be born. 

Roley, good morning.  It sounds like you have had a good day to stay inside.

Amy, you are very good at the riddles.  We will probably have more laundry in our house today but no baking. 

Joy, isn't the computer great for looking up things?  We are expecting some rain here this morning but should end by 3 pm or earlier.  There is a big Christmas Parade to occur this afternoon so hope it is a comfortable temperature and dry for it so there is a good turnout. 

Gloria, my wife has a problem putting on some of her clothes and her coat.  She also has a sore shoulder and neck.  She has ordered some light weight mixing bowls and we are retiring the ones we have used for many years as they are too heavy to get out of the cabinet.  It is good to get kids interested in books at an early age and they have some that are pretty indestructible and suitable for young children.

Mary Ann

Gloria and Larry, I have a right shoulder problem too and I find I have to put on sweaters or coat with my right arm first.  It helps if I have some help in putting on my coat and I'm so thankful for good weather when I don't have to wear an outer thing.  Otherwise, it has to be right arm first.  I can manage, but 'taint easy!

We're at 34 degrees and I expect it to stay around there all day.  I can't go anywhere anyway because Tom is gone for most of the day.  Even if he was home I wouldn't go anywhere because I don't drive any more.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Happy December Oneth!

There were tornadoes in eastern Oklahoma last night!  OKC area had thunder and hail.

I was watching a PBS program with my "t.v. ears" in so didn't realize it was hailing until I heard a big thunder clap.   A friend 2 miles west of me reported the storm damaged her outdoor Christmas decorations but it must have been moving straight north because we had nothing like that here.  Hail I heard sounded like pebbles on the roof.

I was watching a musical production of "Holiday Inn'.  Same theme as movie "White Christmas" but very different story.  An excellent production and very entertaining.

Not sure how much decorating I'll get done today because my Sooners are playing arch-rival Texas for the Conference Championship.  OTOH,  if they play like they did during the regular season, I won't want to see the results.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Amy

My sit down wants to do just that "sit down!" I have the laundry done, blueberry pie baked and Frangipani tarts in the oven. When they are done apple muffins are next and you will find some and tarts in the hidey hole.

Maybe a cup of tea will give me some energy to get going!

As of yet no rain which is fine with me..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I got all my running around done this morning and I scratched about 13 things off my list.  It makes me tired just to think about it but I happy with my morning.

I had a coupon for Barnes&Noble and we have one of those stores in Lewisburg.  So I went in there and looked around and I ended up getting The Elf on the Shelf to send to Emma.  I hope to get it off this week so they can get the tradition started.  The gal who is responsible for this, grew up in Lewisburg and is still here.  Her parents started a restaurant many years ago that grew into a well-known landmark restaurant/gift and garden center.  I knew her mother when Carol was just a little girl in Girl Scouts and her mothe was a leader.  So I kind of watched her grow up.  She still owns the restaurant and is very active in running it. Her parents are no longer involved.

DON if you happen to look in, I just saw a picture in the paper of a gentleman that I used to work with.  He has outfitted himself to be Santa.  He grew a beard and all that.  And he already had the body proportions that make up Santa  The picture looks really authentic.  He will be receiving children in a small town about 15 minutes away and it has his hours printed.  I'm tempted to take a drive up there and have a look. 

Now I'm going to go in the kitchen and mix the gumdrops.  They take a while to set so I probably won't be able to finish them until tomorrow.  They're not hard to do but they take time.

MARY ANN, I'm always impressed with your sense of humor and your ideas for "when things need to be done....or not

I'm off!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Mary Ann

Thank you, Jane.  My sense of humor is more on the "dry" side and I can find humor in situations that are not humorous.  I have to watch when sending cards to people because with the proper inflection, what I say can be sarcastic - and with the written word, that can be dangerous.

Mary Ann

Amy

Everything is done for now. Shortbreads are still waiting to be done but that is another day. Janies PB crackers are waiting to be dipped and that too will be another day..

I am sitting here enjoying this and thought you might like it too.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/27920977?title=0&%3bbyline=0&%3bportrait=0href=&cjevent=04838912f5b511e8821902eb0a24060b
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Amy, the flowers opening are beautiful.

Mary Ann

Amy

Mary Ann, the timing is perfect on the flowers. Can only imagine how wonderful they smell. Just brought some wood in and didn't even need a coat on,can't believe how mild it is. I am sure we shall pay dearly for this.
Jimmy Dean

Denver

🐳 A  N  T  I  C  I  A  P  A  T  I  O  N  🐳

It has been a quiet Saturday around here.....mostly watching football! 

Congratulations, CALLIE, to your Sooners for beating Texas.

I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup and it turned out yummy!  After my big feast yesterday for my Birthday, soup was all that I needed.  We went to Fogo de Chow, a Brazilian Steak House.  They have a fabulous salad bar and they come around with big Scwers of meat that they slice for you.  You can have all the meat you want and they are not shy with the cuts either.  I had mostly beef tenderloin and it melted in my mouth.....I ended up with a Lamb chop that was cooked just perfect.  They really took very good care of us and seemed to be very impressed that I like my meat very rare.

After that delicious meal, we went to the Apple Store where my honey bought me a beautiful iWatch. I have been thinking about one but really did not think I would ever buy one.  Bob calls it my new "life line"!  It is a series 4 that does all the heart checks, even does a EKG, and, if you fall down and do not respond it calls medical service for you.  It tells you all kinds of things and of course I have no idea how to do anything on it, so have spent most of the da6 reading all I can about it.  The good news is, I have until the 8th of January to take it back with no questions asked!  That should give me plenty of time to see if I can figure it out. 

JANE, I thought sharing the month of birth with Jesus was wonderful, just so Jonah does not decide to wait to be born ON Jesus' actual birth day❣️

AMY, I sure enjoyed those beautiful flowers opening up.....I even watched it twice.  Thank you for sharing.

DON, I, too, thought of you being Santa, as I viewed a really cute picture of one of my little cousins sitting on Santa's lap crying his eyes out!  The look on Santa's face was hilarious It made me wonder how you keep that have handled a little on that was acting that way? I am sure you are missed this year at the mall. 😢

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

Bubble your cards are lovely ! I especially like the first one.....it looks like "Bubbles".
As long as we are here, let's dance.

June Drabek

I did things a bit backward today but that's me. I spent a quiey day at home, had some of yesterdays Birthday Banquet for lunch and it was as tasty today as yesterday, but I missed the company. I am attempting to get a bunch of thank you cards written....did two, ate lunch, and fell sound asleep for a couple of hours. Hopefully I'll get more done after Church tomorrow. Still have more chicken to enjoy.

We are having one of my favorite singers/guitar player performing tonight but my body keeps telling me to stay home...mind wants to go sing...

Jenny, your new Grandchild is not ready to leave his warm nest yet, so Mama will have to be patient. I hope you enjoyed our special day as much as I did, and I still am...enjoying left over chicken, candy and flowers. My kids know me so well...and I feel so Blessed.

It's time to think of what I want to sup on tonite...not really hungry but eating is a must. I lost another pound...105 at my last Drs. visit. All my adult life I weighed in the low to mid forties. Now all my slacks and jeans want to fall off.

Have a beautifully peaceful night my dear ones. I'm still undecided about going down for entertainment.The old gray Mare still wants to live a bit on the wild side. <G> Love you kids. God Bless us all.....June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

AMY, that's great that you're actually making the crackers.  They are so easy and so good.  Everywhere I take them everyone says how good they are.  At least three people have asked me at work if I'm bringing I crackers this year.  I am!

I have two kinds of gumdrops cooling so I can cut them in shapes and sugar them tomorrow.  If I had another cookie sheet, I'd have the red ones cooling two but I'm short one good one.  I have some with no edges but they have to be a certain size with edges all around.  I'll cut the green ones tomorrow and then mix the red ones and set them to cool.  I should be able to cut them by early evening.  I also made roasted peanuts this afternoon and tonight and I'll pack them for giving tomorrow when they are cool.

I tried to take a short nap this afternoon but as soon as I got nicely settled, both dogs decided it was time to go out.  That ended that idea.

Tomorrow morning is church and I'm a lector.  It's also the first soup sale of the season.  We sell to church members at both services and the profits benefit our Outreach program.  Five people volunteer to make soup for a Sunday so it's all donations and whatever the sale brings in is profit.  I'm a soupmaker for tomorrow.  We call ourselves "The Order of the Golden Ladle". I'm donating some of my vegetable soup.  I'll also buy a jar of something someone else made. We do this once a month through the winter months.

MARY ANN, I have to be careful when I joke about something to.  I guess I have a kind of "sideways" humor, too and it could be taken wrong.  I guess that's why I don't really like texting!

JENNY, I hope Jonah doesn't wait to share Jesus birthday, too.  Your DIL will be very uncomfortable if he does.  Sounds like you had a nice dinner for your birthday! 

JOY, I hope you won at cards!  Well, I hope you didn't lose too badly if you didn't win.  Either way, I hope you had fun!

Now I'm going to close this up and put some things away and try to get into bed early since the doggies didn't let me sleep!  Goodnight Everyfriend!  Sleep well and may God bless us, every one!

P.S.  I'm going back and look at AMY's video before I shut down.

Lloyd Hammond

well I was about to welcome you girls for being up and at them then I took another look and Sean what i was reading was your yesterday's activity.
oh well have a great day just as you like it anyway. it is cloudy and 36º
 Here at 5:45 A M. and I never found 8 of my cattle that got out yesterday.so we are going to get some horses saddled and go hunting on horse Back today. there are several acres of timber back of me on my sisters and some other neighbors. they are having a heyday.I had the fence between us and my brother open and a electric fence around his place. it worked good until a deer ran into it and broke it. when a deer
hits it they run wield and string the smooth electric wire out.of course they are on the out side and they strung it a long distance into the pasture and left it wide open for the cattle to run free range. I fixed the fence between me and my brother back permanently so when i fiend and get my cattle back home they will have to stay home. after the first of the year I an going to cut my numbers down some and then take some time in Florida at Tampa Bay. and get some more sea shell's.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Woke to rain and the temp is sitting at 0° F, can see it being very slippery out there!

I may try and get the shortbread cookies done later today. Wonder if Jonah has said hello world yet?

Jane,I have broken the odd on and I know just where to put it. Still good even without the chocolate on it. :)

Lloyd, no fun in chasing cattle, especially when one spooks and off they go again.

Enjoy your day everyone..

Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 40° this AM and raining. Last week was weird, mornings sunny and by noon it started to cloud up by 1pm the clouds got dark, no rain but gloomy. Both my sons showed up here yesterday, so nice having both here at the same time.

LARRY when my 3 were little I read to them every night when they got into bed. They will talk about it at times. My oldest and youngest are readers like me, middle likes the newspaper and reading carpentry things.No novels for him. I had my right shoulder replaces 7 or 8 years ago but my left one was going to be done and the insurance I had dropped that orthopedic group and I sure could not afford it. Now I cannot do much with it.

AMY  never had any food with Frangipani in it, something different. I used to love lemon tarts but no longer make them, easier to make the pie.

JANE  do you have all your shopping done yet? I do miss getting into the stores at Christmas time when everything looks joy ful and most people look happy and friendly.

AMY love the time lapse photography of flowers opening. I had on of those clips that were all cacti flowers opening. Amazing how such plants with those sharp needles all over can have such beautiful flowers.

I know it is early but my eyes are closing on me. Did not sleep good last night, more like dozing on and off.
Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast