Random Image

thruway

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:21:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

I am sleeping and eating yet still lost another 1.lb of weight, now down to 12.lbs lost, even had a slice of jam roly poly cake that my previous days friends brought to me....Still no emails from grandson Daniel...Well to say I like Easter is an understatement as all it means to me is losing Richard just leading up to it, and losing my darling Petra  (dog) on an Easter Saturday...Yet years ago I used to love Easter and the two Bank Holiday Mondays beginning and end of May...Well tomorrow Tuesday everything starts up again for me, my rest period will be over...Oh and I met the couple who are taking Toby, they have taken Toby back with them and some food to cover the rest of the holiday period then they Tuesday are taking him to their vets to get him checked over as they asked me if Toby has any problems - issues with his back legs, I told them no, why did they ask, something to do with Toby doesn't like his back legs touched, well i laughed and said no he ever liked being dried over his back end, his tail being touched, anyway they are still getting him checked for any medical issue with his back legs, ( I have given them Tobys medical papers and  pet insurance documents ) I have assured them that nothing should be wrong, as no vet we have had as ever mentioned any problem...If their is a medical problem they wont be having him...Here I am giving a dog away for free, and he wasn't cheap when we bought him being a pedigree...

12 days Richards been gone, been 12 days now...Its been nice Bank Holiday weather, people been out and about and going on with their lives...
" There is no present like the time "

MarsGal

I hope everyone had a good Easter.

The weather was lovely yesterday morning, and only clouded up around mid-afternoon. This morning it is cloudy, but I don't think we are getting a chance of rain until tomorrow. It is about 55oF this morning and to get up to around 72o. This afternoon I might do a little yardwork later today, but I will more than likely will work on my Latin lessons instead since this is a class day. This morning I must go feed George's cats.

When I got to the Easter buffet yesterday, only my sister was waiting. Her husband wrenched his back the other day and yesterday it was very difficult for him to get up and down or bend. So, with George out of town, it ended up being only the two of us. The hotel manager, who never fails to talk to us, even realized we were missing a few people. The holiday buffets he oversees, and he always makes sure he is there, are very good. After all these years, he still is enthusiastic about his job and takes some pride in his hotel.

Mary Ann, you are doing better than me. I have been missing the ships at Marine City and the late night ferries at Molde the last few days.

Vanilla-Jackie

I have to keep on-top of things, started doing some washing of clothes, mainly mine, hand-washing late yesterday, now this morning I am washing dog blankets and a couple of Richards polo tops which I would like at a later date to donate to the RSPCA (our largest animal charity) if his sister Daphne is not interested in coming down to sort through his clothes and family photos, ( she told me over the phone she has very little, if not no family photos.)...I really dont know what to do, as all is left in the dirty wash basket is Richards dirty socks and underwear-his pants...2 weeks worth of dirty underwear...

Mary Ann

Good morning on what looks to be a nice, sunny day (I just looked at radar).  Our temp is already 60 degrees.  Tom will be gone much of the day today so it will be the cat and me.  If the temp gets into the 70s, I may sit out on the deck.

After such a busy and good Easter, I slept well last night.  With Tom gone, I can take a nap whenever I feel like it.  I really can anyway, but I hate to take too many naps because we both worry about that.  And there are many days I don't take a nap.  See?  All old people don't nap!

My computer is slow today and I hope it warms up soon. 

I'll be back later when I'm more awake!

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are in for several days of sunny and warmer weather with highs in most days in the 80's.  Rain isn't forecast until Friday although things can change in a few days down this way.  We had a nice Easter dinner.  The kids got here around 11 and pitched in an fixed the dinner.  Pat put the hams in the Instant Pot with a glaze on them and the meat turned out very tasty.  She had about 7 pounds of ham in two sliced pieces and rather than hours in the oven it took maybe 25 minutes in the Instant Pot.  We were able to eat in time that Scott could leave at 1 pm and the girls left shortly thereafter and we sort of collapsed for the rest of the day.  Today Pat   our housekeeper here to help with some things like taking the dishes out of the China Cabinet and washing them and I don't know what else she has on the list.  These are things the housekeeper doesn't have time for in her normal cleaning visits.  I plan a nice quiet day today with some extra rest as not as peppy as the last couple of days but I did empty the dishwasher for Pat and put here breakfast tray together so things are on schedule.

I have read all of the postings since I last posted yesterday and think I will just check in this morning as most of what I would probably say has already been said by others.  I will add one or two comment.

For several years we visited Pat's aunt and uncle who spent several winter months on Pensacola Beach in Florida on the 16th floor of a high rise building with a large balcony that I really enjoyed as the view was to the Gulf of Mexico.   

Jackie, glad the situation with Toby seems to be working out. As we have said many times just take things one day at a time as you have a lot of adjustments to make in your life and I would say you are doing very well and doing what has to be done.

Marilyne

Mary Ann - sounds like a perfect family Holiday at James and Alicia's house. I hope that Tom took some pictures that you can share with us some day?  If you're as clueless as I am about posting a photo here, maybe Patricia or Bubble, can do it for you?  Like you, I'm not a big fan of Pit Bulls. I know everyone says they are very sweet and lovable, but too many tragic incidents here in California, to convince me.  Like you, I'm a senior who does not nap. I feel better, and sleep better at night, if I stay awake all day.  However, I do sit in a comfortable chair and read for an hour or more, every afternoon.  That does seem to refresh me.

Larry - you sound like your "old self" this morning.  Easter Sunday, was nice for you and your family!  I wish you could send your housekeeper here to my place, to take the good dishes out of the china cabinet, wash them, and put them back. :D   That is something that I can no longer do. AJ does so many things for me, that I hate to add that one to the long list!

MarsGal - Your Easter Buffet sounds like fun, even though George and your sisters husband, were unable to attend. I remember way back when we used to go to a lovely Easter buffet at a local restaurant called, The Hacienda Inn.  We looked forward to going every year with family members, and the food and ambience was just right.  Now the Hacienda Inn is long gone . . . torn down and condominiums built in it's place.  :(

Jackie - When is the date set for Richard's funeral service?  Being as it's been twelve days already, I am thinking it will likely be on one day this week?  I hope you like the couple who are taking Toby?  You didn't mention how old Toby is, or what breed he is?  He sounds like a dog that is well behaved and well taken care of, so I think the people who adopt him, will be lucky to get him!

Mary Ann

Larry, it is always good to see a long message from you because then I think you are feeling "tolerable".  I don't know if Alicia's ham was fixed in the Instant Pot or not because I did not see theirs, but I think it was fixed in their slow cooker.  Alicia's parents were with us from Milwaukee.  Tom fixed our  mashed potatoes in our Instant Pot and they turned out very good.  I think we left the remains with Jamie and Alicia as her parents left for home this morning.  We brought back some ham and a couple of crescent rolls and maybe the remains of the green bean casserole.  There was enough for leftovers for all.  Even the girls had some of the meal. 

I watched Marine City this morning and saw three ships.  I'm not sure all of the ships that go past Marine City come from the Soo, there is an arm of the lake that goes east and I haven't tracked it.  I'll have to investigate further.

Larry, it is a job to wash the dishes in a china cabinet because they're "special" and often are not used.  I have been thinking of having Robin come on an off-day and work with me on my messy computer room.  It is a job in itself, let alone doing the regular cleaning.

My thermometer now reads 72 degrees.  When Tom gets home, I'll have him bring up the cushions for the love seat on the deck and the cat and I can enjoy being out there.

Marilyn, I remember when Jackie and Richard got Toby.  I don't remember the years, but maybe five or six years ago.  I think he is a cocker spaniel because Jackie is partial to spaniels.  It's too bad someone in the condos that replaced the Hacienda Inn doesn't invite  you for dinner for "old times sake"!  Ha!  I am sure I've had Easter dinner in a restaurant (probably about the time Norm and first wife were divorced), but usually we've had family together, including all my nephews and their families.  Now, with families of their own, we don't always get together now as they have other families. 

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-82.3/centery:42.8/zoom:10

Watching Marine City cam, I sometimes see a ship but can't make out the name.  This link is for the St Clair River from Lake Huron to Lake St Clair.  Marine City is close to the bottom of the River.  Anyway, you can find the ship on the map and get the name of the ship you just missed - or one that is coming from either direction.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

We are having another beautiful day.  Earlier I was watching as Mrs. Bluebird went into the birdhouse and Mr. Bluebird stood on top of the fence near the house like a watchman.  How well the bluebirds work together.  I never saw a bluebird until we moved here.  I think what brought them was putting up the bluebird houses.

My husband was putting out dried mealworms for the bluebirds and the big grackles were coming in and eating them all.  That was getting expensive so I found a bluebird feeder on Amazon.  The larger birds can't get into the feeder and the small birds don't eat the mealworms.  Consequently, we aren't getting as many of those big blackbirds in the flat feeders.  We have a few Mourning Doves, cardinals and finches but the Goldfinches are gone until the winter.

It sounds like everyone had a nice Easter.  We had a nice relaxing day with our daughter and husband.  Our son and his wife called to wish us a Happy Easter.  Our son is 100% disabled veteran and has MS as well as other medical problems but they were both doing reasonably well and it was good to talk to them.

Mary Ann, you sound like you had a nice visit with the twins and Larry you sound so much better today.  Just don't overdo.

Marilyne, The Hicienda Inn sounds like a restaurant in Santa Cruz close to where my daughter use to live.  It probably isn't there anymore either.  Sometimes "progress" isn't really progress at all, but there isn't much we can do about it.

Patricia, when spring finally arrives in your area, you will really appreciate it.  Hope it will be soon.

Marsgal, don't work too hard in the yard.  I sure hope your sister's husband is soon better.  I've been through that back stuff and it is terribly painful.

GloriaDe, hope your upcoming visits will be helpful and happy.

Mary Ann

My deck is elevated, comes out from the living room slider and looks to be from the second floor of my condo; I have a walkout and the lower part is a patio.  I used to spend a lot of time on the patio and we'd have cookouts there.  I planted some "wild" flowers (I bought them) beside the patio.  Now Tom would like it if I did not go down the stairs, especially when he's not here.  It is a "push comes to shove" situation - I can do it if I must, but without reason, I don't go down there.  So to view my garden down there, I have to look over the railing of the deck.  Today I saw my trillium are up but not in blossom, but the Dutchman's Britches are in bloom.  They won't be visible long, so I looked at the right time.  I also have wild geranium, peony and what my mother called - Marguerite - and my neighbor called "privy flower"!  A neighbor takes care of the front and doesn't always do it like I like, however, I can't do what she does so I don't complain.  I am trying to get a second sprinkler head in front and that may be like pulling teeth because the Board has to OK it and do it.

Jean, I wish we had your birds.  We have robins, sparrows and mourning doves.  Occasionally I'll hear a cardinal or a blue jay.  Right now the house finches are singing their melodic songs.  On the pond, we sometimes have duck families and an occasional great blue heron.  I'm thankful for what we have, but I can always wish for more.

It is about 75 out now and I let the cat out on the deck.  He nosed around the still-covered furniture and wriggled on the deck for a few minutes, but he wanted me to be out there too and the cushions aren't out yet.  I'll see if Tom will bring them up when he gets home.

Hardly anyone is on the Grand Haven beach right now, but it is Monday, school is still in session and folks have to go back to work. 

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
...no date set as yet, funeral director will be taking me to the registry office to register Richards death, then the funeral takes place afterwards...Seems that the 3 or 5 days to register a death is when the Doctor issues the death certificate, seeing that Richard had an autopsy - post mortem I am told the 3 or 5 doesn't count but I am assuming this ( the registering ) will take place after Easter..I am needing the death certificate first..then the funeral can take place..
Yes Toby is a cocker spaniel aged 8 & 5 months...

MarsGal

FlaJean, Jim is doing much better. He is only getting some minor pain now. Today they went out to eat, take in a movie, and I think she said they went to Costco too.

I am reading Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig, and wouldn't you know, the kid riding the bus is heading for Manitowoc, Wisconsin. So, not only is Manitowoc a ship, but it is also a city on the shores of Lake Huron. Wikipedia says, "Manitowoc derived its name from either the Anishinaabe language word manidoowaak(wag), meaning spirit-spawn(s), or manidoowaak(oog), meaning spirit-wood(s), or manidoowak(iin), meaning spirit-land(s)." The book, by the way is good. It is light and has a subtle sense of humor. Lovely tale of a young boy on a bus trip by himself.

Larry, wonderful to see such a large post from you today.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, I beg to differ, but Manitowoc Wisconsin is on the shore of Lake Michigan.  The ship does go down Lake Huron, but the city is not near Lake Huron.  I once took a car ferry ride from Ludington MI to Manitowoc WI, did some things around the Door Peninsula of WI, then took the boat back.  The boat was the Badger, which makes trips from MIchigan to Wisconsin in the summer.

I hope what comes up is a picture of the S S Badger, but I wasn't sure the entire URL copied (it didn't).

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x881c10dcc79abbb7%3A0x6989e9dacaa03866!2m22!2m2!1i80

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Merry Monday. 

Jackie,  I think you'd be pleasantly surprised if you made a list all the things you've accomplished in the past 12 days - including  the little things like taking at least one shower by yourself, doing laundry-- - plus arrangements you've made for things yet to be done.  Although I was never as dependent on my hubby as you were on Richard,  I understand the shock of the sudden totally unexpected death of a spouse. I felt as if I was on 'automatic' for the longest time.
Gentle hugs to you as you continue on this new journey.

MarsGal,  I think I've read all - or most of - the Ivan Doig books and have enjoyed every one. 

Mary Ann,   I've had to click on the Home link and watch the videos of quite a few ships going/coming at Duluth, Two Harbors, etc.
However, I happened to catch the Queen Mary 2 yesterday as she began her journey from New York.    She docks across the harbor from the Harbor Cam so the Port Cam doesn't show her.

Grackles also emptied my mealy worm suet but flew away when they discovered the next suet cake didn't have them.  I'd gotten several so not sure what I'll do with them.  There's a flock of robins around but they don't come on the feeder and, if I crumble the mealyworm suet on the ground------here come the Grackles!!  <sigh>

I'd read that putting hot red pepper flakes in with the sunflower seeds would discourage the squirrels but not bother the birds.  So I got a cheap bottle and sprinkled some liberally on the side trays of the feeder.  Haven't seen a squirrel around the feeders since then.   Hope it continues to work.

I mentioned help with planting the "pot garden" (patio and big planters) while the family was here on Easter.  My two daughters-in-law "took over"!  They went out to look at pots/planters, made a list and decided that they would both come "noonish" on Wednesday to take me to get plants, supplies, etc.
Then they decided that the husbands could come back with them next weekend to plant things.

While we were working on this, the guys cleaned up the kitchen!!!!

I am blessed!!!!

Mary Ann

WoW, Callie, what a great family you have.  I am fortunate in that my age keeps me from doing a lot, in fact, almost anything in the kitchen (also small kitchen) and Alicia and her mother did most of the cleanup, although Tom helped some.  The other grandfather kept the girls entertained while he talked to their daddy. 

It was a great day and I just finished one of the best leftover meals I ever had, mainly because I seldom eat portions of all leftovers!  Picky, picky.  Dinner tonight was a slice of ham, a dab of mashed potatoes and a goodly portion of the green bean casserole.  Plus a Reese's peanut butter cup for dessert!

Mary Ann

MarsGal

You are right, Mary Ann. By the time I got around to posting, without double-checking, I had gotten my lakes mixed up. Why Lake Huron came to mind I have no idea.

The sun is almost up, the sky is bright, and the moon is big and even brighter in the sky. Any early morning clouds (and there were some) have disappeared. It is supposed to get up to 77o today.

Yesterday I got another bag of yard rakings and downed tree branches ready to put out for the trash. I may go out again this afternoon, but I have laundry and vacuuming to do, so maybe I'll do that instead. Decisions, decisions.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, when you don't live near an area, it is easy to get names mixed up.  Do you know the acronym for the Great Lakes?  HOMES - Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior. 

It's kind of damp here today but it is not raining at the moment.

I'm happy I don't have to clean up the yard any more as we do have a lot of leaves that find their way into the little courtyard between my neighbor's garage and mine.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Another beautiful morning here.  This is the day I have sort of been dreading as have to get out and go to the hospital testing area for the ultra sound and then have some blood drawn for tests ordered by the doctor.  Scott is taking me and just texted me saying he was up and would be here shortly.  I have read all of the postings but am just going to have to check in today.

Mary Ann

Larry, best wishes on your tests.  I dread them even if I don't have the health problems you have.  It's good that Scott is going to take you.

I just visited the ship sites and saw Lee Tregurtha go through the Soo.  It is raining at the Soo and I did not see any ice on the ship canal.  There were no ships nearby on the St Clair River to Marine City and no ships near Duluth.  There is ice there, but there is a much larger area to cover but I am sure the ice will be gone soon.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Good morning!  Just a few minutes past 7:00 here, and I'm waiting impatiently for the coffee to be ready. I know I'm addicted to caffeine, because I cannot do anything except sit until I've had that first cup. After that, I'm ready to face the day.

I heard from shirleyn last night, that she had a CT scan, and has been  declared "cancer free"!  She said she's still weak from the chemo, but will be here soon to say hello to everyone.

Mary Ann - I had forgotten about HOMES.  I remember learning that acronym way back in elementary school . . . or as we used to call it, Grammar School.

Larry - Like you, I dread it when I have any sort of medical test or procedure facing me.  It seems to take up all my thoughts, until it' finally over. I hope yours are timely, and that the results will be good.

Coffee is ready so I'll be back a little later.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, we called it, and I still call it, grade school.  I don't know why, because all grades are represented through high school. 

I'm glad to hear Shirleyn's CT scan was good.  She's one of the few S&F people I have met as she and Danny would meet Norm, Dot and me at the Strawberry Farm in Florida where we would have delicious strawberry malts, sundaes or whatever strawberry you wanted.  Grown right there at the farm.

Actually, I don't like my strawberries so large, but eating them where they are grown is a treat.  By the time any strawberries make it to Michigan, they're flat tasting.  We used to be able to buy Michigan strawberries and they were smaller and sweet but the powers that be made it so we had to buy the large imported berries.  I had some wild strawberries at my cottage and they were delicious but my dad in his last year put weed killer on them and no more berries.  He felt bad, but there was no turning back.

It must be windy at Grand Haven because there are whitecaps near the shore.

Mary Ann

Joy

Good morning.  A very pretty sunny morning and the temperature is supposed to reach 80ยบ today.  Then, chilly again, tomorrow.

I did not get in here yesterday.  I am really trying to limit my computer time for a while.

But, I did want to let you know that I did have a nice Easter.  My son had a delicious dinner and I even got a doggie-bag for my dinner last night.  It was a nice day, in spite of the weatherman's prediction for some showers.  We were even able to eat outside on their deck. My son has several of these tall propane heaters and it was very comfortable with them turned on low.  Lots of good food and good company.

Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter.

Jackie, I am so glad that it sounds like you are slowly getting some things accomplished.  I know you will be glad when Richard's funeral service is over, and you can concentrate on getting your life organized better.  I hope everything will work out with the couple who are supposed to be taking the dog.  I know that it will be sad for you having to give him up, but if you are happy with the people getting him, that should be a nice comfort to you.

MaryAnn, sounds like you had a nice day with your family and had fun with the twins.  Sounds like you had a nice dinner. And, you even had some leftovers to bring home.  Hope you and Dot get to go out for lunch this week sometime.

Marilyne,  glad to hear the good news from ShirleyN.  That is always good news to hear.  Now, she just has to get her strength back.  I, also, remember the acronym for remembering the names of the Great Lakes.  Something like that just remains etched in your brain forever.

I am waiting for the nice warm weather to enjoy watching the webcams for Duluth and Grand Haven.  I still am not able to get into the Soo locks webcam,  and have just stopped trying.  I need to talk to my son about upgrading my browser.  I don't like making changes if I am not sure what to do.  I have had that notice come up on several sites.

I have nothing urgent planned for today, except for my card game this evening.

I hope everyone will have a nice day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Joy, I keep getting a notice that "this app will not work on this PC" but I get it after I have been on a program - more than one program.  I've never downloaded an app and I don't know what it means, since it has just worked.  I'll get Tom into the act when he has time.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Joy and Mary Ann - I took a quick look at all the webcams this morning, and I see that the Marine City cam, is not working for me.  A message comes up that says, "This live-stream recording is not working". (Duh, I can see that! ha ha)  ::)  I clicked on the YouTube cam for M City, and it's okay, but I prefer the original one.  All the cams at and around Duluth, are working for me, as is the one at The Soo.

Mary Ann - I would love the Strawberry Farm.  Strawberries used to be my favorite fruit, but as you said, they are now "mass produced", and are too large, with a crunchy texture, and absolutely no taste whatsoever. We live about 20 miles from the Driscoll Strawberry headquarters, in Watsonville, and of course there are acres of the original old berry fields there. You can drive there and buy the old style berries from fruit stands along the highway.

Jackie - We haven't heard from you this morning.  I hope everything is running smoothy, as far as the arrangements for the funeral are concerned, and that Toby's new family, is working out well for him?

Mary Ann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbAFT1gmen8

Marilyn, I had the same thing and saw this below the frame so clicked on it.  I guess I'm happy with what I get, which is better than nothing.  There are two ships on the river right now.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

I hope someone else saw what I saw at Marine City.  The Philip Clarke was going by and two people were standing on shore holding board probably with messages.  As the ship went by, someone on shore, probably with a trumpet, played greeting the ships make when they go into the Duluth Canal.  They did it twice and a few minutes later, the ship responded.  The camera went to the board the man was holding, but he did not have it at an angle that could be read.  Kind of interesting.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Mary Ann - I wish I could have seen the Philip Clarke at Marine City!  Sorry I missed it . . . I love to see special things like that. Instead, I was sitting here watching Sunday's YouTube of Paul, arriving at Duluth.  I was happy to see it, as I had missed it live.  That's the highest number of horns blowing that I've ever heard at the Canal cam - at least six or more, that continued on under the bridge.

I also watched Grand Haven for a long time, because there was a man way out in the water on a board, who kept disappearing from sight. However, he kept popping up, and was obviously wearing a wetsuit, so I hope he is still okay.  I waited a long time for him to come out on shore, but got tired of sitting here.

Vanilla-Jackie

My body just feels worn out...I have spent most of today gathering the necessary the papers, the documents needed to send via the Solicitors office contact box, the lady from the solicitor office contacted me so as to send insurance, bank names and ref numbers, so been putting together a list and managed to send it on, she has now given me her email direct so I can send the necessaries straight through to her, rather than using their companies message box...
The funeral director also contacted me with the date of the funeral, he also is taking me this Thursday early morning, it has to be booked, so I can register Richards death and to obtain the death certificate, I have been advised to order and pay for, at least 5 certificate copies, I will be needing them to send off to various places that ask for one... The funeral director is taking me and bringing me back home, I have also asked to be taken to see Richard at the chapel of rest ( to pay my respects before the funeral service..) I want to see him just one more time...
I have been so busy today, more phone call letting people-family and friends, including passing the date on around my parkhome site that I finally have a date..To say these last twelve days have been tough going is an understatement, I want to say a final goodbye to Richard...I have still got a long way to go..I had a lovely man from age uk come visit me, whilst he was here in my home he took over a couple of phone calls and really knew what he was doing, what to say, how to handle it..he has taken a paper document-policy away with him so he can deal with it later at home, i had to sign a consent giving my permission for him to take it and deal with it on my behalf..I had noticed a lapel small badge and asked him about it, apparently he had been in the navy, he is getting on a bit in age ( ok, probably my age ) but still very tall, slim and very smartly dressed-turned out...I have been feeling more in control, I think my office working head had taken over and was all coming back to me, I am surprising myself just how far I have got, still of course have a long way to go, the stopping or taking over the bills have to be sorted - dealt with, he did deal with a couple whilst he was in my home today over mine or his phone, and very efficiently too..I know one company is owing ME money but of course that all goes into Richards estate, just a letter than had recently come after I had phoned to tell them that Richard had just passed away.
Oh and the lovely funeral director said Richard was now with him..that is comforting as I never really knew where he was after they had taken him quite far for the post mortem-autopsy...

Mary Ann

Jackie, it is good to hear things are going along as well as they are.  I am sure that after the funeral, you will be able to relax a little, but I know there still will be things that must be done and taken care of.

Today is my birthday and I caught up with Gloria de.  I haven't done a thing but I did have two phone calls from friends.  The Indianapolis families sent me lovely flowers.  Yesterday I received a few cards.  As a family, we are going to celebrate Saturday at a nearby country club.  There could be up to 20 people there including kids and I think three of four of Norm's greats will be there.  Tom said we would talk to Geoff in CA who is the father of the fourth great. 

Mary Ann

wjoan

Temps here in the high 70's during the days and in the 50's during the nights.  Works for me.  Have a good day all.  HUGS all around