Random Image

pat-junee

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:23:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

FYI: Upcoming site upgrade

Started by Oldiesmann, November 10, 2018, 07:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

I will try it in 4 now.  I have never used the preview before, except for graphics. The spelling thing tells me when a word is miss-spelled, so no need for preview for me.

p.s. Preview showed the whole message for me

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Marilyne on December 10, 2018, 11:40:13 PMMichael - I am again getting the pop-up box that says, Are you sure you want to mark messages as read? This happens every time I click on Mark all messages as read. I told you about it, and you removed it, but now its back.  Can you please get rid of it once and for all?   Also, my preview box is only showing a fragment of my messages, so I'm unable to proofread them. 

I removed it for the main button on the board index. It must use different code for the one shown for each board. I'll take care of that when I get a chance and will also look into the issue with message previews when I have time.

Oldiesmann

I've removed the confirmation for marking posts as read from the message index.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue with previewing posts. I tried it with 5 paragraphs worth of dummy text from lipsum.com - normal size, bold, size 7, etc. and each time it showed all of the text when I clicked preview.

What browser/operating system are you using? That will help me figure out if it's a browser issue or not.

Vanilla-Jackie

Oldiesmann...
...if that question was for me?.." what browser are you using " (as I did pose that query along with Marylyne )...I am using Google Chrome but have just gone into Internet Explorer and tested a 4 line post in text size 3 and 4, and the preview is the same as if I done the same in my usual Chrome, only one line of my post shows as a preview...
" There is no present like the time "

Oldiesmann

I'll try it again in Windows when I have a chance (I primarily use Linux) but I haven't been able to reproduce the issue at all in Chrome, although there is a recently discovered bug causing text to be dropped if there's an ampersand in the post (the ampersand and everything following it will get dropped from the preview).

CallieOK

Michael,  could you change Unread Posts and Updated Topics clickables to bold print like Previous Topic and Next Topic are?  That would be more "eye-catching" and easier to see.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: CallieOK on December 15, 2018, 08:48:33 PMMichael,  could you change Unread Posts and Updated Topics clickables to bold print like Previous Topic and Next Topic are?  That would be more "eye-catching" and easier to see.

Sure. I'll look into that when I get a chance.

Oldiesmann

All done now :)

If you don't see them in bold, hold down CTRL and SHIFT and press "R" to force your browser to reload the CSS file.

CallieOK

Thank you so much, Michael!  Much better!!!!!   :thumbup:

jane

MUCH better, THANKS, Callie for the suggestion, too.

CallieOK

Michael,  I'll bet more people could find the Go Down, Go Up and other "instructions in boxes" if they were also in bold.

Oldiesmann

I'll see what I can do there. That one will be a bit more work as the style used there applies to all buttons, not just those.

CallieOK

Having all the buttons in bold might be helpful.  Easier for aging eyes to see.

Oldiesmann

I believe I've fixed the rest of the buttons now :)

Amy

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Oldiesmann

Another update for everyone... A new version of the forum system has recently been released which fixes quite a few bugs and such, so I will be upgrading the site again in the next week or so. The changes won't be nearly as drastic this time around and there shouldn't be too much of a disruption. I'll post again when I have a better idea of when the upgrade will take place.

Amy

Ok and thank you for all you do in here..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Marilyne

Michael, we lost quite a few members, in the last upgrade, who never returned.  Those of us who are still here, have adjusted to the new format. Maybe it would be best to leave things the way they are?

junee

why do I have to Login every time I come here.

so_P_bubble

Maybe you are erasing your cookies?

Sandy

Michael.

Thank you very much for letting us know
about the forthcoming upgrade to our system. 

Even though upgrades are not always fun, it
is important to know that they are very
necessary in order to stay current with
the software that we use in here. 

Staying currant is just part of what is
necessary so that we don't crash and burn...

Your work is much appreciated. 

Sandy   
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Junee, if you come back here and see this, today (Feb 12) is the birthday for both Larry and Gloria de, and we'd like you to go to Norm's Bait & Tackle because Gloria was asking about you. 

Mary Ann

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Marilyne on February 09, 2019, 02:10:13 PMMichael, we lost quite a few members, in the last upgrade, who never returned.  Those of us who are still here, have adjusted to the new format. Maybe it would be best to leave things the way they are?

The upcoming update won't bring many changes at all - it's just a minor update that fixes bugs and such.

so_P_bubble

Thank you for keeping us up-to-date Michael.   :thumbup:

Oldiesmann

Site update is complete. Let me know if you notice any problems :)

Vanilla-Jackie

I need to adjust my email notifications again, i woke up to a 14 notifications and I haven't even made any recent postings...
Edited: hope I have cancelled them right as a few more email notifications have come through since, another dozen..

Vanilla-Jackie

Oh no, 117 S&F's email notifications, I need to put a stop to these, its just like before...another 5 within seconds...

Edited: Think I done it correctly this time, now I fathomed out how I done it last time..

so_P_bubble

I have the same problem - but almost double the amount you received and all notifications are from last year posts!
What did you do to stop it Jackie?

Vanilla-Jackie

There was me thinking I had sorted it, just checked my emails and another 109, all but 3 are from our forum..

junee

Cannot figure out why I have to sign in every day.  Maybe I better sign OFF.