Random Image

Lauri and family

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photo Slide Shows and Home Videos

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 01, 2016, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioman34

just a few examples of the good time we had

Amy

Love your smile Don. I bet you made everyone there so happy with being Santa. Just like Santa,  with your eyes twinkling . That was so thoughtful of you to do that for the others there. Please keep posting photos.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

I love the Santa photos, Don, and I think it's good for your morale to be doing something you like to do.  Seeing the background in the rooms, it looks like you are in a very nice place.  And nice co-residents, too.

Mary Ann

jackwv

Don that's great and looks like all are having a good time.

JaneS

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

SCFSue

Radioman, thanks for the pictures of "Mr. and Mrs. Santa"!  Just one question, though.  What did Bubble say when she saw that much younger Mrs. Santa sitting on your lap?

Another singer from Alabama, Nat "King" Cole was a favorite.  Such a smooth voice and great lyrics.  Nat grew up in Montgomery, not far from the home of Martin Luther King, the famous minister who was very active in the Civil Rights Movement.  Both of these gentlemen are loved and missed today.

I don't know many of the current vocalists.  If anyone has a favorite you'd like to share, I'd like to see a video clip.

Sue

Mary Ann

Sue, I often have Music Choice on my TV.  It is a channel that plays various types of music, I think they use 10 or 11 channels, and right now there is one for Seasonal music, which, of course, is Christmas music.  I can tell you that all of the younger singers scream their songs.  I keep the sound down low so I don't really hear the singers.  Give me Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Andy Williams and some others of the older singers, all of whom are no longer with us.  I also rely on old records or tapes to hear decent singing.  The young singers "murder" Oh, Holy Night and I can't stand it.  I hate to be so pessimistic, but that's the way I feel about singers today.

I hope someone has a favorite for you.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Love the photos, Don!!!  You will be everyone's friend from now on, the life of the party!  Thanks for giving us all a treat to see into your new life.  I didn't notice if Bubble resized & posted for you but my eye brows are raised for her!  ;)   

I just got back from a flying trip to MO that I started a little over a month ago. Had the best sleep in a month at a Corp of Engineer campground with nary a single other camper or even host around.

Denver

oh DON, how delightful to see you as Santa once again.  You look wonderful and All the ladies around you were sure smiling too!  You made them all very happy, and maybe brought a bit of joy to your heart as well.  Thanks to you, LARRY for helping me to get to this site to see these pictures. 

Thank you, BUBBLE, I see you posted a quick link to this as well.   
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Sato

They were videos which were taken at city parks nearby.
Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Vanilla-Jackie

Hard to chose my favourites between the Roses and the red Leaves...
" There is no present like the time "

jackwv

Sato you captured some pretty scenes and liked the up-beat music.

FlaJean

Sato, I also enjoyed the upbeat music.  Loved the garden flowers.  One rose especially caught my attention—the golden colored rose.  Thanks for posting that lovely video.

Sato

Thank you so much for your kind words.

JeanneP

Good seeing don in his Christmas suit. He can really attract the ladies in it. Place does look nice. I am sure it helped give a Christmas feeling to everyone there.
JeanneP

Sato

Spring will be welcome soon.

https://vimeo.com/118910769

jackwv

Sato thank you for the beautiful photos and Spring is still a bit off but your photos show what we can hope for.

Joy

Sato, that was really beautiful !  Like Jack said, our spring is a good ways away, but your video is something that we can look forward to.  We are in the midst of an approaching snow storm, so your video can give us some hope of what to come.  The Apricot blossoms were really beautiful !

Joy
BIG BOX

FlaJean

That was lovely, Sato.

Jack, how about reposting one of your videos showing the snow at the park.  You had one that had the snow on the brick pathway that was especially pretty.

jackwv

Jean we have had very little snow and should miss the bad stuff this weekend.  I still kept winter scenes from several years ago, that were in a slide show and on Vimeo.  Almost wishing for a good snow fall to head to the park.  Check full screen on link 

https://vimeo.com/195540240

Sato

The snow video is beautiful. Jack, thank you for your posting.

FlaJean

THANKS, Jack, that was beautiful and I loved the music!  I'm glad we don't have to shovel snow anymore, but I love snow scenes.  Leave the video on Vimeo for a while, I want to watch several more times.

jackwv

Thanks Jean and Sato.  I keep several of my favorites on Vimeo, a good way to share with friends.

Amy

Jack loved the music in the video. Guess there is a bunch of new snow coming but hope we are on the outer edge of receiving it.
Jesse ,is getting lots of snuggles and Babe is warming up to him now. He goes all out at 100 miles and hour then crashes for a snooze.(recharges his battery is more like it)

Sato, that was lovely, we are one day closer to Spring ,tonight it will be down to -25 ° C and -31 tomorrow night..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

jackwv

Amy. would love to see photos of Babe with Jesse.

JeanneP

Well Illinois is making up for the last five winters that have been pretty mild.  What a mess we have again. Did not have time for them to clear the roads for last weekend . Outside it is now so windy after sending down about 6 inches of snow. this time mixed with rain making the ground like a ice rink. I had to hold on when going down my porch to get the paper this morning.
I tried my car yesterday and nothing. Did not even try to start. New battery was put in 2 weeks ago. So cold and so I just cursed it and came in the house with no intention of moving out until Monday.
I had called a computer place last week to come and take care of the new computer that is still sittin on table. Had to cancel as snow so bad. Now supposed to come next Tuesday.  I just wish I had not started to mess with it. Should just stay with the W7 until Spring. Nothing seems to be working right anymore. Phones driving me crazy. Car need changing as put enough money in this one I have now.
Car salesmen at Honda calling all the time. Now sending little notes. Just not in the mood as I don't have a garage and hate seeing one out in this weather. I just think this year winter is getting to me.  I should start thinking on spending them in better place. Thing is then would worry if all O.K on place in Illinois. Seems like things bad everywhere these day. Floods, Fires Tornadoes. Thing Mother nature getting even with us for messing up her world.

My mother always use to say that when she saw all the Interstates being put in. Both here and in UK.  Ruining the Bloody Country she would say and she was right.

just get back to my book. Been doing a lot of cooking and eating to much. I bet the 5 lbs I took off last month is back on as not walking my 2'3 miles a day right now.
Good thing I live alone as I do believe I am in a complaining mood today. Just hope that we have a short winter.
JeanneP

Shirley

Well, Jack, I finally got to view the link & enjoyed as much as the first time! I saw that I had left a message last time but can't remember my password to let me sign in anymore... I know I have it "somewhere". Going from computer to computer is certainly NOT for old brains!  :crazy2:

I have so much ice on my driveway I couldn't even chip it enough to reach the concrete with the "ice scraper" that is like a hoe that isn't bent to hoe, if you know what I mean. Cas had 2 of them, both sturdy & sharp pointed corners, but couldn't dig through so gave up & put as much ice melt on as I could & will see if it helped at all by morning. I'm afraid to back the little car out of the garage with the thickest ice being that whole car length that is just where the RV is parked.... one slip & I'd be crunched & do not want to risk that. I have to turn that poor little car into a pretzel to get in & out & still have the RV pulled as close to the house as possible. Can't change things so will do what I can. This is not the kind of snow to slide down the hill on my "sno-nut". My friend on the other side of town said the snow stuck to their trees & was beautiful today... nary a flake on these trees as the wind was blowing it horizontal. The ground is covered but feels more like sleet, but it's white. I'll enjoy your snow scenes!

Sato

Colorful roses at the garden

jackwv

Sato that was lovely and would be difficult to pick a favorite.

Mary Ann

Sato, such beautiful roses.  Like Jack, I think it would be difficult to pick a favorite.

Mary Ann