Random Image

Bridge & Boat

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for June 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, June 14, 2018, 11:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  For the 4th night in a row we had a pretty good storm last evening.  My rain gauge shows over 1/2 inch more of rain.  It is only suppose to get to 90 this afternoon and we have more possibilities of thunderstorms today.  I will go to coffee a little later this morning and run by the Community Thrift Store and food bank to drop off three bags of clothing.  I think that will be it for today.

Mary Ann, I see you answered my questions about James and Alicia moving which I asked in Norm's B&T. I bet the twins are finding those packing boxes fun to play with and in.  From what I have observed with the pro golfers is that they confer a lot with their caddies for advice and information on distances, etc.  I expect they earn their money.  I believe Phil Mickelson's brother is now his caddie. I often hear the broadcaster ask "Bones" a question or hear him comment. 

deAngel, with all the tournaments that Tiger won I am sure his long time caddie won't have to worry about where his next meal is coming from.  I sort of get the impression that Tiger may not have been an easy man to work for.  I didn't know his caddie had written a book.  Tom Watson is from the Kansas City area and is apparently a very fine man. 

Jane, hope you can continue to work the one day on and one day off schedule at Walmart.  Hope you got your "goofing off" finished yesterday.  Hope you find the raspberries plentiful this morning and you are not rained out. 

Amy, was your removal of the gazebo from the storm that took the roof of it off?  It sounds like it was very nice and would be enjoyable.  I liked that piece you shared with us today and must say I can relate to several of those sayings.   

June, it sounds like you had plenty to keep you busy yesterday.  It was nice of your Pastor to call and thank you recognizing your efforts.  Hope you feet feel better and are not as sore today. 

Jenny, know it must be a relief to have gotten the good report as you talked with your Dad.  It is stressful and tiring when we are first experiencing things.  Thanks for the info on your car and auto starting. 

Joy

Good Thursday morning.

Thank you all for the well wishes.  Thankfully, I  am feeling a lot better this morning.   I really appreciate all of your good thoughts.  Hopefully, this little bump in the road is in the past.

Not sure what we will be doing for the 4th of July.  Being in the  middle of the week kind of messes up doing something on the actual day.  Have not heard any of the family's plan for anything on Sunday.  It is supposed to be a hot week end.  So might not be a good day for an outside picnic.  Will have to see what turns up.

My  daughter-in-law brought me some delicious big Bing cherries and a couple peaches from the produce stand she passes on her way home from work.  The peaches aren't quite ripe yet, but they sure do look good.  Not sure about the early peaches.......sometimes they don; t have much taste.  Anxious to taste them,. tho.

Have a lot of things to try to catch up with since haven't don't much for the past few days.  So, I need to get some breakfast and then decide what to do.  Since I have not been doing much except watching TV, I have been just sitting and looking around at everything.  I have decided that I must start to do some serious de-cluttering.  Have too much "stuff" that I don't use just taking of space.  Big chore ahead.  And, something like that, I am the only one that can do it.   

I hope everyone will doing well and will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Amy, I liked the piece you posted and I find I can relate to many of the thoughts.

Larry, I answered your question in Norm's B&T too, so you have the answer.  I mentioned the seats for the girls and I'm going to see if I have a picture of them in a convenient spot and ask Bubble to post it.  I had never seen seats like that before and it's just one more thing that is more convenient for today's parents.

There used to be a play "If this is Tuesday, it must be Belgium".  I'm going to paraphrase - If the lawn guys are here (and they are), it must be Thursday.

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble

I have some not too good news to report about Don - Radioman.

I am in daily contact with him and on Monday, when I did not see him online, I presumed it was because of an appointment with his doctor that morning.  However when he did not show up the next day and my phone calls did not get answered I really got worried and contacted his son.

Don was found on the floor of the kitchen, having fell and being unable to get up.
As he said  "lying there without food or drink all those hours was not a picnic, even with nothing broken".

His son called an ambulance and Don is now in hospital. They are doing all kinds of tests but found he has a UTI that needs treatment.

Don asked me to inform his friends in S@F explaining why he is not posting.

Sandy

I am so sorry So_P   
to hear about Don's falling.. 

And how fortunate that you were paying
attention   so many thousands of miles away.
And able to get him some help.   

Hopefully Don will be ok,  and they
are able to determine what happened.   

My big fear is to fall or not be
able to get out of bed   (stroke or whatever),
so I vigilantly have my "Life Alert" button
around my neck.   

I know how terribly worried you must
be....  and so glad that you were able to
get  help to him. 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 67° and it is raining lightly. No going out for a walk today. Looks like the next week we have rain in the forecast every day.  Had a surprise yesterday, oldest son came and got me to go to their home for the afternoon and supper. Got to see my great grandson. Boy is he full of energy. He likes my rollator. After I get hugs from him he looks at me and then my "wheels". I know what he wants but I pay no attention waiting for him to ask if he can push it. He will talk  and talk but not ask but looking into the big dark eyes I jst had to give in. He loves giving his stuffed toys rides on it. Of course he likes getting rides on it, too. Wow pouring all of a sudden.

LARRY  no foot rest or seat belts on a rollator so not safe to ride on. I know my son will give his granson a ride around in the house on mine but he goes slow. I have a HP printer that is about 10 years old and no trouble with it. Better than this HP computer lemon. Rather have heat on my back. 5 minutes with an ice pack and I am shivering.

JANE  I feel like I goof off every day but not by choice.

JENNY  so happy that  your Dad sounds better when you talk to him.

AMY ironing? What is that? My son brought me some local strawberries last week end and on Wednesday my other son and DIL picked some and brought me some. I had already eaten more than half of the first ones. So sweet and tasty. Love the That Age. too true.

JOY  I have 2 boxes of pictures that  I have tried going through the get rid of some but could not through any away. I will leave that to my children. I did get rid of many things when I moved here.

BUBBLE  I am so sorry to read about Don.I will be praying for him.  Please keep us informed on how he is doing. I still miss listening to him and his music on Sunday afternoons.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Oh my goodness!  That's terrible about Don.  I hope they get him a life alert!  I'll be praying for him, too.

I got an early start and I was the only one at the berry farm.  The red raspberries were so easy to pick.  The bushes were loaded.  I got 4 boxes in no time at all.  They are so much better than the ones you buy in the stores and I have enough to make a batch of jam for Christmas gifts.  Guess I know what I'll be up to this weekend.  I intend to eat a bowl with just milk on them for my lunch!  I can't wait!  Is it lunch time yet?

JOY, nice to see you're feeling better!  You too, GLORIA!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lindancer

Good afternoon, cloudy, did have a thunderstorm this Am. I am still upset after watching the new.  caught on camera, a man is just walking along, and two thugs rush up to him slamming him to the pavement. Knocking him unconscious. they run away.  As he lays there it shows a women running in looks at him then robs him. He is 39 and a father of 3. he is now in the hospital in critical condition from a fractured skull .I have got to this age and can no longer figure this world. I know there are God  loving people out there, but I think they are getting fewer Sorry I just had to write about this

Now Amy, you were able to put a smile on my face, after reading your post thanks

Jenny, I know it is hard on you not seeing your Dad. Glad to read he is improving.

Bubble, so sorry to read about Dons fall. I hope he gets a panic button, anyone living alone needs one. My cousin around the corner fell in the middle of the night, and she broke her hip. she laid there for 12 hours. I had ask her to get a button a few time, now she has one. I have used mine

Gloria, I had those cold and hot packs whenI went to PT

Sandy thanks for the cams

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Amy

Bubble, please give our thoughts and prayers to Don. I hope nothing serious came from his fall. Maybe he should look into getting one the alert buttons. If it hadn't been for you he might still be on the floor!!

I am glad you like the post about age..

I can relate to a lot of them but the one about buying something to replace what you lost hit the nail on the head. The lost lawn tractor key has been found...….after we bought two more!! :2funny:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Oh Bubble,  I am so sorry to hear the news about Don.   I can understand how worried you are with being so far away. I hope he wasn't too hurt from the fall and they can find out what the problems are.  I have been dealing with a UTI for a couple weeks now, and no fun.  However, I do know that they can cause some difficulties if not treated quickly.  So happy that you were able to contact his son and he was able to get to him. 

Please keep us informed as to how he is doing.

Gloria, I do not know just where to begin.  But, it is something that I have to start doing.  My kitchen cabinets need a good going through and getting rid of things that I don't need.  And, my pantry has things in it that I know are long past their expiration date.  So, that is a job just in itself.  I am hoping that one Sat. one of my DIL's will have time to come help for a couple hours.  I hate to bother them, as week ends are about the only time they have to do their own things.  They do enough for me as it is.  But, just finding a time that is compatible with everyone.  Once I get started, I think it will go quickly.  (Then hope I don't discover that I did away with something without really meaning to. LOL )  But, that is always the way, isn't it?  You don't use something, then discard it, and then start looking for it later when you discover you really could have used it. 

I am feeling lots better today  and just have to make a quick trip to the doctor's this evening. 

Thanks for thinking of me.

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Amy, glad you found the key & no regrets about getting the others, you'll never have to worry about that problem again!  I also loved the sayings.  :thumbup:

Bubble, I am so sorry about Don's fall & you probably know I always look for the good that comes from bad (Pollyanna), good they discovered the UTI, after research I see that can cause even worse problems if untreated.  I've never been diagnosed with that so had to Google since it seems to be such a common ailment.  With a history of back problems & history of sinusitis, so I had antibiotics twice a year.... probably why the underlying was treated without cause..

If you are looking in, Don, sorry about the fall and lack of food & water, something we probably all fear when we live alone.  I have one son that calls every night about 10:00 pm, if I'm on the phone he knows I'm okay, and if he falls asleep watching TV he always calls next day to make sure I'm okay.  This habit started after Cas died & I do appreciate it, he takes care of everyone, not just me. Good Bubble was checking on you & I'll bet your son is kicking himself.... hope he doesn't live too far away. 

My new yard guy is mowing in this heat.... news said the "feels like" will be 111 degrees & the sun is blistering.  I told him to do what is necessary & hope next Thursday will be cooler.  Grass & weeds did grow with the rains we had this week but if he doesn't mind it being a little longer to mow next, doesn't bother me.  Next few days will also be about 100 with heat index quite a bit higher.  NOT my kind of weather, right, Gloria???

By the way, Gloria, this new laptop I bought is HP.... highly recommended by my son, same as his except this has touch screen.  Knowing the problems you had, I'm not adding anything (like PSP) & will hold my breath it doesn't have all the head aches yours did, I'm not nearly as computer smart as you nor as patient....  will probably take me 2 years to do more than turn off & on & read messages in Friends! 

Gloria de... I totally understand your rage at the people we see on TV today, probably as bad as years ago but we didn't get a steady dose of BAD on TV or radio.  I've gotten so "unconsciously" I avoid news, can't seem to find anyone that just reports news without searching for all the worst to show us.  I think that is why I love being out camping with no news at all and only nature to wake up to.  I have not heard who or why someone murdered that young father out camping & left his daughters to have probably some kind of memory to live with. How sad & sick is that?

Better go check to see if the yard guy is gone, must lock gates.  I didn't see him trim around the pool but did say it was up to him what gets done today.  I paid him cash when he came so trust he understands I expect it to look decent!

Joy, your words could be coming out of MY mouth (as Red Skelton used to say, "and that ain't very sanitary"), we do think so much alike all the time.... because of you & now Don, I did look up symptoms & all about UTI.... not a nice issue.  I have the smallest kitchen of entire married life & all cabinets overflow.... too much on top & looks cluttered so do need to get rid of.  We all grew up with "somebody could use this" & can't just throw away.  I hauled some boxes to the Salvation Army but after hearing that one lady say "75% of donations go to the land fill".... not sure what happens to our treasures.   :tissue:  /color]
  ::)

JaneS

Well, after my couple of hours in the berry field early this morning, I came home and put some stuff out of my dynamo's way and then had lunch.  She arrived at 1 and left at 3 and the house is all shiny and neat now.  Wish it would stay that way!

After she left I went and did a couple errands including a quick trip to WM to pick up some snacks and a box of jam jars.  I had a $2.00 coupon on the jars and a $1. one on the chips.  Also, got a few more items and came home and put them away.  Now I'm going to "goof off" until it's time to feed the doggies....and me!

Hope your day is going well!

JaneS

I was reading that over and I just realized that my post began and ended with "well".  I guess that mean's "all well".

June Drabek

Have a peaceful night dear friends. Hugs, Love and Prayers….always. June

Just lost my post, the above is all that "saved". Sorry.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

Thank you, BUBBLE, for sharing the concerning news about Don.  So glad you were able to get in touch with his son so he could get Don help.  I hope the UTI can be cleared up soon and Don can get healthy enough to get back home.  I do wish he had one of the call things so he did not have to be on the ground without being able to call for help.  Seems those things are a necessity for those who live alone. 

We found out today that there will be a meeting on next Tuesday that will determine if my dad is read to go home or if he will continue to have care.  They told us he would be there for two weeks, so we shall see. He wants to get home to be there to help Diane, his lady friend, but we just keep reminding him that he has to be able to take care of himself totally before he can help anyone else. 

It did hit105* here in Denver today.....that is one degree warmer than it was in Phoenix!  YIKES!  There are several more fires that have sprouted up now, and they all continue to be a huge concern.  One of them is in the town where Carol’s son lives, so I hope he and pray his place is OK.

I hope you all enjoyed a nice day.....pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

roley

Thank you Sandy for those three  web sites, that will give me something to keep an eye on !.   :thumbup:.  Best wishes.   Roley.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's about 70 degrees here this morning.  I haven't checked where it is headed.  Don't know if I even want to know. 

The doggies have been fed and I have another early day at WM this morning. So I'll be hustling.  Wish me smiles and short lines.  And enjoy your day, Everyfriend!

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Going to have unbearable heat (for us) for the next few days. I woke around 3 and put the c/a on. Will pick up a few groceries in town and stay home the rest of the day.

Jane have wonderful day at work, lots of smiles and a short line.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, the sun is shining and the rain is gone for awhile 67°. We got more than 2" of needed rain. For the next 5 days the guessers are saying 90° or more. First heatwave of the summer and that means high humidity, too. As long as I have my AC working I will be OK. Of course my apartment faces the south west and late afternoon it get s hot in here and being on the top floor it gets pretty warm even in winter. Yesterday the humidity was 95%. Just heard the mayor in Providence will have the water parks will open today because of the heat. The pools will be opened on the third. They are free and opened to the public. Glad he can do something nice.

JANE  ever have fresh picked blueberries in milk? Years ago where we lived a neighbor's son picked blackberries that were huge and she asked if I would llike to make some jam, she would teach me how. She sent her son to pick more. Best neighbors we ever had. She taught me about canning. Her husband and her took me to the Salvation Army in Providence for canning jars. Got 36 jars for 30¢. Imagine 10¢ for a dozen quart jars today? I do feel much better this morning, thank you.

GLORIA de  several years ago in Providence they had a group of guys attacking people walking alone. I don't remember if they caught them of not.

AMY  always the way about getting keys to replace the lost one.

JOY  only once did I have a UTI. Felt horrible for a few days and finally called the doctor but he was booked solid and saw the NP. She told me if I had waited another day I could have died. Don't know how I drove to the office and home again. Glad it was only a couple of miles away. Like you I have things in the cabinets I never use, like a set of dishes that were my Moms and I just cannot throw them away. They were her good company china and older than me. Let my sons get rid of them.

SHIRLEY  I had never heard of a UTI when it hit me. I had chills so bad that my teeth were chattering, could not stop shivering. We are from a generation who did not go to a doctor for every little thing but took care of it ourselves. Right, I will not enjoy the heat that high for 1 day and now those so smart weather folks say for the next 5 days at least we will be in a heatwave. I will not be going outside unless it is early in the morning. Doubt that will happen because my mornings start right here with my coffee. This is my second HP desktop and no problems with the other one but the hard drive was too small for all the graphics I was doing. Kept trying to delete something to give me space. I am far from knowing anything about computers, I am so thanful my grandson keeps this one going.

JENNY  the hottest I have seen it here was 105° and that was years ago and we did not even have a fan then.

AMY  glad I do not have to go out in the heat later today unless I want to.

Have a good day and keep cool.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
JaneS we have you beat it is already 80º @ 7:35 A M today. yesterday we hit 100º in the afternoon with a heat index of 114º. they are saying we are going to hit semulair next three days. have a great day.

Lloyd

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from
the warm and sunny,  rocky coast of Maine.

It is going to be warmer today,  but not
too humid for the next couple of days. 
Then on July 1st,  hot and humid Summer
is suppose to arrive.    (And so it goes)

The Decorah eagles are off most of the time
soaring and playing and fighting and
being real "teenagers.   They are so much
fun to watch when the do get together.   
But that is not usually until later in the evening
when they tend to go back to their nest and
wait for Mom to bring them some treats to fight
over.     

"How sweet it is!"

The Ospreys are still babies and in their
nests depending on Mom and Dad  to take
good care, protect and feed them.   Beautiful
view from North here in Maine. 

And the bridges in Duluth are always
fun when active.   

I pretend to do all of my traveling these days
via YouTube.     Can't be beat.   Sit, watch
and enjoy. 

Have a good day,  Everyone!
Sandy
:wave2:

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Good morning from a hot and humid central Oklahoma.  (Can't let the rest of you get ahead of us weather-wise!  ;D)

This weather reminds me of the summer after my Freshman year in college.  I worked as a counselor at the Tulsa YWCA camp and the lake water was so hot that the kids could only go swimming early in the morning.  That was the summer I learned how to gig a frog.
The counselors who weren't on bedtime duty would take a boat out on the lake.  Somebody (not me!!) had the bright idea that we could catch enough frogs to have a frog-leg meal in between camp sessions.  We could...and we did!

Jenny,  sounds as if your Dad's optimistic attitude is helping his recovery.
Very few people believed us when we said our furnace ran at night in Leadville and we needed a/c when we went "down" to Denver.

Reading all the stories about picking berries makes me itch - remembering the chigger attacks while picking wild blackberries along the pasture fence when I was growing up.
#1 son has blackberry bushes in their yard and dil is busily making jelly and blackberry-cello (sp?), which she refers to as a "refreshing beverage"  ;)

Off to find something useful to do...or not.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a beautiful clear and sunny morning here and we are only to get to around 90 degrees by late afternoon.  Today is the day for the housekeeper and she is going to put on the treatments for the granite countertops.  While the granite is nice looking it sure isn't easy to maintain.  A couple of windows will have to be opened to get good ventilation so will be a good day as won't be quite as hot this morning as many other mornings have been.  The housekeepr is going to start on washing the windows while they are opened. 

I did not have an enjoyable day yesterday and spent most of the afternoon laying down with my eyes closed as my leg muscles were aching.  I am thinking it has to do with fluid accumulation perhaps around my heart preventing enough oxygen getting to my leg muscles.  I took a couple of Tylonal and it didn't help.  I seem to be feeling OK this morning. 

Pat called and found the barber she likes to cut her hair isn't working today but will be tomorrow.  So we have changed our plan and will stay in today and then go out for our main meal tomorrow and get haircuts.  I looked at coupon for $4 from Great Clips and see I still have until July 8 to use it.  The restaurant is just a few doors down from the Great Clips store.  That will be plenty of activity for us for one day. 

Joy, nice to read you were feeling better yesterday.  Do like outside picnics?  Never have understand the desire to eat outside where it is hot and you have to fight the bugs and the wind, and perhaps no place to sit if there are not enough tables.  I guess I am just spoiled and plan on staying that way.  It has probably been ten years since I attended an outdoor picnic. Maybe your could could some subtle to your DIL's that a gift of a couple of hours of their time would be a great gift.  I told my son recently I didn't want presents and consider what he does for us as gifts. 

Shirley, when our son was living along after his wife passed I asked him to just send us a quick text or call each day to let us know he was all right as he also has some serious health problems.  I don't have that worry now as his daughter lives there with him as does her friend Elizabeth.  I am glad your son keeps close tabs on you.  It sounds like you have a very caring son and I bet I know where he got that trait.  It sounds like typical Kansas weather for late June and early July.

June, I know it is frustrating to lose one's posting but it seems to happen to most of us from time to time. 

Jenny, I hope your Dad allows himself enough time to heal.  I know you can relate to the healing process since, if I recall correctly, you had hip replacement surgery. 

Roley, hope you are having nice weather over your way and having a nice day. 

Mary Ann, if it is Tuesday our lawn people will be here throughout the day unless rain has delayed them for a day or so.  They were here on Tuesday but obliviously didn't get finished as were back Wednesday as well. 

Bubble, thanks for letting us know about Don.  It sounds like he needs to be wearing the medical alert device so he can get help when needed.  Glad that nothing was broken in his fall.  Hopefully they will identify the reason for the fall and provide proper treatment. 

Sandy, as I have often written about I am a big believer in the Life Alert emergency buttons for anyone living alone and having reached a certain age or having medical problems.  Sure glad you have one.

Gloria, what a joy it must have been to watch the little one enjoy life and be fascinated with your rollator.  I have suggested several times that Pat use some heat on her back but she prefers the ice and it does help.  She doesn't complain about it making her too cold.  She has an ice pack that Stacey had that is probably 12 inches tall and 24 inches wide and it doesn't freeze solid in the freezer just get cold.  It fits down in the back of her easy chair. 

Jane, nice to read that the red raspberries were easy to pick.  I hope they were good and tasty for your lunch. 

deAngel, watching the news almost wants to make us stay locked up in our house and then even that isn't necessarily safe as their are home break ins.  Anymore they just don't job places they seem to so often kill as well.  These gangs are so worrisome and seem to be getting worse and worse.  I hadn't heard of the incident you described.  I still want to believe that the majority of people are good and our views get distorted since the 24-hour news now constantly reports on the bad apples. 

Amy, it never fails that those lost items will be found after we give up.  At least now you have backups if you lose it again. It sounds like you are wise to plan to stay in where it is cool.  I saw the weather  map last night that showed the heat was moving up your way for the next few days. 

Gloria, in our area when it gets so hot and humid Augusta open cooling centers where people can go if they don't have AC available.  It sounds like Providence has the right idea and those pools will likely be very busy.  We gave already had several days with a heat index of 105 degrees and sure more are on the way as summer is just getting underway. 

Lloyd, you have us beaten in terms of the high heat index.  I hope you are staying in and staying cool. 

Callie, there isn't much meat on a frog's leg is there?  I wonder if the hot summer you speak of was that summer, I think 1964, when we lived in Moore, Oklahoma and it was so hot and we had no A/C.   

CallieOK

Larry,  it was the summer of 1954.   I was in Leadville by the summer of 1964.
Don't remember much about the frog legs - just the experience.  :)

I don't think we'd feel the heat nearly as much if the weather gurus didn't keep telling us how awful it is.   ::)

Denver

A good Friday Morning HELLO! 

Thank goodness we are to be 10* cooler here today than that awful 105* of yesterday. 

GLORIA de, I meant to comment on the awful story you shared about the man being beat down then robbed by someone else.  I agree, we know there are a lot of good people left in the world, but sadly there are way too many thugs too!  It does make one concerned about going some places these days where we used to never had to question about our safety.  Pretty sad and scary! 

Today is our youngest Son Brian’s 42nd Birthday.  Oldest Son Kurt flew in from Boston this morning to attend a dear friend’s, dad’s memorial service this afternoon. Kurt was very close to this man....closer practically than his own two sons.  Kurt loved Hugh, and they could chat for hours and Kurt always hugged Hugh.....Kurt’s friend told Kurt one day that he and his dad had never hugged each other.  Kurt told him that he needed to make that change and he did.  It was strange for them at first but he was and continues to give Kurt credit for encouraging that change. 

Many of the 4th of July fireworks displays have been cancelled, thank goodness, due to the extreme dry conditions.  We have no plans as all of our family members will be away.  Brian and Cathy are going to Boston to visit Kurt and Family.  Dr. Dave and Family are going to Oregon to visit friends.  We will be keeping the two Doodle Dogs! Lola and Oliver. 

I hope EVERYFRIEND has a good day....keep cool if you can!

Jenny 🦋

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

I came back to check the grocery ad before heading out (online).... and had to comment to Larry.... you weren't alone with those leg cramps, I'm going to blame mine on not drinking enough water yesterday... BUT, think it might be pay back for saying that I wake up "pain free".  Not this morning, I gave a stretch & legs locked up tight, when I pulled myself off the ceiling I realized I also had a sore back.... "could it be UTI?"   I don't think so since it's gone now, probably laying in a twist after looking out the door to see if cats were wanting in & fell asleep before straightening out. 

Anyway, hope you are all doing better, everyone with aches or pains.  I have to fill up my car with my dollar off (it only holds at most 15 gallons & nobody else needs gas)......but saves that much & must be used by tomorrow (another hot day).  Besides, I need some groceries.  At least after being outside the AC feels good when I come in.  After a while it doesn't seem cool enough but know power companies insist we don't keep it frosty with 100 degree weather!  Might head downstairs, always much cooler there.

Happy Birthday, Brian!

June Drabek

A busy day here, and I am tired already and all I have done is to our singing practice for the fourth of Julyl 'we are already celebrating it today with  costumes, parade around the gardens, decorating of carts and of ourselves. this will take place at two P.m. when I am usually deep in sleep. Now it is time to go down for lunch, so I will say ta-ta for now. Back later.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, we are joining everyone with a heat wave

I think that incident I saw on TV yesterday upset me , as the people standing by did not help the the unconscious  man, instead a women  searched him and took his phone, money etc., The camera showed the whole thing.

Larry my big problem is the circulation in my feet and legs.  With this humid weather my left foot and leg are badly swollen by night ,  the doctor said i should keep my feet up all the time

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Gloria de, you and I have a similar problem. Poor circulation. Mine is caused by clogged arteries,not enough blood can move through, consequently a lot of foot pain, and cramping  of leg muscles.I'm told I must walk, to keep the blood flowing. So  I walk till legs cramp up, then sit and rest, then walk some more. Right now my feet have so little flesh the bones are causing calluses....very painful. It is titled Peripheral arterial disease. My lower legs are very discolored from bruising that turns the skin brown and doesn't clear up. My doctor cut off the calllus this week but feet are so sore, it is hard to walk.

Amy, I will enquire about the gel pads. I have tried other pads...no help at all.

I came home from our celebration all worn out. Put on comfy clothes, lay down and slept and kept busy dreaming for Three hours. Now it is past supper time and I am not hungry at all.

Gloria de, it is really hard to believe that people could pay no care about that poor man on the sidewalk.....and rob him in addition. Best we stay off the streets entirely, or only go out with a companion.

Gary and Dori will be arriving home tomorrow from their two week vacation. Then Gary will have to prepare for Church services the following day. He will neen another vacation to rest from this vacation. My other son is recovering from surgery on his leg tendons. I am thankful God gave my boys such loving wives.

I must think of eating something even though I am not hungry. The body still demands to be fed. Hope you are all having a pleasant evening. Hugs......

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Not much sleep last night as we had a dandy storm that want to keep everyone up and one dog vibrating. Today we take Golden girl for her trim, or rather shave down. I hope this will help her to deal with the heat.

Larry,ask your Dr if you can take magnesium for the leg cramps. I will take calcium, magnesium with vitamin D when I get Charlie horses in my legs.

Gloria de, I hope they find that lady and charge her!!!

Happy birthday Brian.

Bubble any word on how Don is doing??

Shirley, with 2 big dogs and they both want to sleep on the bed, I am at times curled up like a pretzel.

Gloria, I wish I could stay in where it is nice and cool but with the appointment at the groomer is today. Hope you can stay cool!!

Callie, my Dad loved frogs legs and he was welcome to everyone one of them too!!

Lloyd, hope you can stay in where it is cool today.

Sandy, love watching the cams!! Here we have three nests, one swallow, one phoebe and a wren. Two nests are right by the garden and when I go in I can hear the babies chirping.

Joy, hope you're feeling better.

Laundry day but that will have to wait till after the groomers.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean