Random Image

bed tent

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:06:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackwv

[attach name=to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8127[/attach]

angelface555

Shirley, I'm sorry you're having a rough time with family and I understand your reluctance to take anything else on at this time.

RAMMEL

For those who may not be into the "heavy duty" image programs I still suggest IRFANVIEW. It's very simple, easy to install (and remove if you want), use, learn. It doesn't do layers (I don't think) but does lots of other common image tweaks. It's also free  ;D  It can change image size, color, quality name, and more.  For a list of it's features see - https://www.irfanview.com/main_what_is_engl.htm
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Sato

A photo for this year beauty

Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Mary Ann

A beautiful rose, Sato.  Thanks for sharing.

Mary Ann

jackwv

Quote from: RAMMEL on November 29, 2018, 07:28:34 PMFor those who may not be into the "heavy duty" image programs I still suggest IRFANVIEW. It's very simple, easy to install (and remove if you want), use, learn. It doesn't do layers (I don't think) but does lots of other common image tweaks. It's also free  ;D  It can change image size, color, quality name, and more.  For a list of it's features see - https://www.irfanview.com/main_what_is_engl.htm

[/Rick, thanks, ok for you to say but appears complicated.  Most things are difficult the first few times around.  I downloaded the program and plug ins, but will save this for the long winter days ahead.b]

Amy

Sato, beautiful rose with a light blush!!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

RAMMEL

Quote from: jackwv on November 30, 2018, 09:45:49 AM
Quote from: RAMMEL on November 29, 2018, 07:28:34 PMFor those who may not be into the "heavy duty" image programs I still suggest IRFANVIEW. It's very simple, easy to install (and remove if you want), use, learn. It doesn't do layers (I don't think) but does lots of other common image tweaks. It's also free  ;D  It can change image size, color, quality name, and more.  For a list of it's features see - https://www.irfanview.com/main_what_is_engl.htm

[/Rick, thanks, ok for you to say but appears complicated.  Most things are difficult the first few times around.  I downloaded the program and plug ins, but will save this for the long winter days ahead.b]
Jack --- Try it for a while. If you don't like it, it will uninstall very easily and completely.  As with any program it takes a while to learn where things are.  I've been using it for years so if you have a question, fire away.  I think I use it mostly to resize and reduce the color depth so as to make it small enough to post.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

FlaJean

[attach name=Mice.jpg type=image/jpeg]8134[/attach]
Trying to get myself into the Christmas spirit.

jackwv

Jean a good first step.  I do very little, but do clean everything for the family visit.

Amy

Jean, that is so cute!!!You just might get me in the spirit!
Jack, if you run out of cleaning, you may come here . Seems it is a never ending job!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

jackwv

Amy I never am finished cleaning, not with my dust maker Mimi.   Here is a photo today.  I went upstairs to put on shoes, she normally does not follow, but was letting me know we had to go for a walk.  How could I refuse?

[attach name=to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8136[/attach]

Amy

Jack, little do you know but you are showing me TWO beauties...one is Mimi and the other is the Trip Around The World quilt!!

Mimi is so sweet..
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Jack and Amy, I liked the dog and the quilt too. 

Mary Ann

Shirley

I've been taking in all the tips & suggestions & decided I'd go back to this new version of PSP & try one more time (all day). I resized the photo I took smaller so the "clone" I made of my son & girlfriend were nearer the same size, kept at it until I got the clone in where I wanted & size I wanted... not sure the smaller size will make a big print but that's not my problem, all I ever want are 8x10. Anyway, I forgot to size it to post here to show you all my hard work. Duh......

Sato, that is a gorgeous rose, reminds me of the ones I've had other years from my peace rose bush. Every bloom was different. You always use a dark background & it accents the flowers so pretty.

Jack, I was smiling at Mimi & her begging & even though I'm not a quilter, I fell in love with that quilt. Did Shirley make it?  Can't help but laught at Mimi's eyebrows raised, like she is asking if she got through to you....

Jean, those a darling mice. Some things are special & need to come out every year. My daughter has a set of little pixies that my sister bought for her when she took care of her when Andy was born 58 years ago. She keeps them in a curio case & brings them out every Christmas... At the time they were only 10ยข each, stickers still on the bottom, but she wouldn't take anything for them.  Guess I'm ready to get out my little village & all the people. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rick, I know that is a good way to go but since I know a LITtLE bit about PSP I hoped it wouldn't be as difficult as having to figure out something completely new. I'm going to resize that family photo to show you what I've spent days & nearly blinded myself doing. Thanks for trying to help!

Shirley

I goofed again, forgot how small I had already made that photo so now it's really small. I may have to delete & start over.  If you notice just left of center, in that "frame" is the photo of my youngest son & girlfriend in front of the ship.

so_P_bubble

Shirley, I am still wondering what you call  the 'clone tool' in PSP...

To resize in PSP:
- put you photo on the workspace that is opened
- go to image > resize
- choose pixels dimension and type 700 on the largest side
- check advanced settings > smart size > sharpness 50
- check both lock ratio and all layers
- OK  - and you are done.

jackwv

[/[Amy and Mary Ann,  I did not know the quilt pattern had a name, but was always a favorite.  Shirley made many of her clothes and did some quilting, but not that one.

Shirley would like to see a large copy of the family photo. Get to work!

/color]
b]

MaryTX

Jack, when I saw the pic you posted of Mimi on the bed, I did a doubletake! Cathie did also. In that pic, she is an exact double of my Missy (aka The Princess), in coloring, size, face everything :) . In other pics I've seen of Mimi, I always thought she was more blond than golden but in that pic they are doubles :)

Mary.

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

jackwv

Mary, know how you feel about Missy, regardless of the tone they are all Golden!

Amy

Jack, I see Mimi has a black nose where as GG had what is called a Dudley nose.
Jimmy Dean

MaryTX

Amy, I had never heard of "dudley nose" before but our first Golden "Twisty" had a pink nose. Is it uncommon?  He was the first one I had ever seen.

Mary

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

Shirley

One more time. I resized with PSP this time. Bubble, that clone tool is on my list, left of the screen. It has a drop down with something else but can't remember what. Bunnie was the one that got me using it for fixing old photos, etc. I don't know how to do much else, but enjoy playing with that.  I moved the youngest son & friend, named all & hope this will make a better print. The photo machine was broken at Sam's Club so will have to go back Monday & take this latest fix. Just trying to get some printed for Christmas cards.

Shirley

I don't know what happened, I resized the photo but it came out tiny & tried again & it may be too large... I put in the 700  ??? Here goes...........

Shirley

Well, not sure if that's okay, I've got to run to the store for "what ifs"... weather looking wicked out there.  :o   Bubble, see the kids in that "frame" to left of center? Cari & Pete... That's the photo from their cruise with phone so why it gave me so much trouble. My head hurts from trying to out-think this PSP 2019.

Amy

MaryTX, I had never heard of that term either until we were at the vet's and she said Golden Girl had a Dudley nose.  It never gave her any problems though.
Here is some information on the Dudley Nose.

The term Dudley nose is used in breeder circles, but the actual medical term for such reduction in pigmentation is "idiopathic nasal hypopigmentation.". The word idiopathic denotes a condition that has an unknown cause. Basically, what triggers Dudley nose in dogs remains for the most part a mystery.

https://www.dailydogdiscoveries.com/tag/what-causes-a-dudley-nose-in-dogs/
Jimmy Dean

jackwv

Well fortunately the pigment in the nose does not effect the personality.  Shirley good work and if you Ctrl + you can enlarge the photo.  How I envy you that large family.

Shirley

Thank you, Jack... I only had 3 kids & 1 was missing.... they sure did multiply!  The only year we didn't get a group pic was when Cas died. Started taking the group shots when the 7 grands were little. The oldest is now 40 something.

I've got to quit playing on the computer, my Fitbit is telling me & the kids that I am NOt getting enough "steps". We can all see online what each does, so I've got to do better. Cats had their midnight snack & I'm heading to bed as soon as I decide what to put on in the morning. Even Andy is getting 2 or 3 times as many steps a day as I do. Ah, well, he isn't almost 84, either.

so_P_bubble

Shirley, perfectly resized. A little on heavy though. I did not explain that.
After resizing, you go to :
- file > export > JPEG optimizer > compression value until you see it is at maximum 100 KB
- it will go/save where you had directed it. Mine always land on desktop: easy to find! 

You did well with the cruise picture addition!

Shirley

Thank you, Bubble.... did you find your clone tool?   ;)  I didn't realize the size was 100, I thought it was just below 200. This version doesn't work at all like the old ones but with "trial & error" (mostly error), I kept at it until family was satisfied. I was told last night that one of the grands plans to have it printed on canvas to frame, so they didn't think it mattered if the file was small. Will have to see the results.... I have a whole row of remakes on my desktop so need to clean it off. They are also on a thumb drive to get prints & need to clean that off, too confusing when at the store if too many to pick from.