Random Image

Rock Slide 2

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 16, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, February 16, 2019, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Mid morning everyone. once again in two hitches I had a good night's sleep. and another nap while watching T V. the weather guesser is saying light rain but we just had a right lively thunder storm before slacking up to the light rain and it is pretty hard light rain. temp is 36º so at least no freezing rain at the time. and the snow is pretty well gone.
thanks for the good comments on the cati. my oldest daughter coached me on installing it. Have a great rest of the day. I check in again later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Lloyd, I didn't know what the Christmas Cactus looked like (green part) until your photo. My husband's mother had a huge pot that looked like that but I never saw it in bloom. Sure is pretty.

We've had thunder & rain, not a lot of rain but sure is keeping the cats inside.  Had bright sun while ago but turning cloudy again so I checked radar... got some ice & rain moving in so I am playing in the kitchen. Had a couple of cans of crescent rolls in the frig that needed to be baked so opened one & put shredded cheese in half before rolling them up and brown & white sugar plus cinnamon in the others... baked & house smells good & tried one of each, taste pretty good. I did add a tad of butter to each bite (how can you not put butter on hot bread???)

I'd better get me out of the kitchen or someone will have to roll me out. I set this laptop up at the end of the table in this big combined "kitchen-family room".... but it isn't far enough away from the food.  :-\  :-[

I keep re-heating my cup of coffee & by the time I think of it, it's cold again. I think my brain is still asleep so maybe I should take these old bones back to bed & try again later to get some work done. Won't be long we'll all be griping about how hot it is, you think?   ::)  ;)

Amy

I quit....laundry is done 8 doz peanut butter cookies and 7 doz oatmeal cookies done and 5 cherry loaves in the oven yet. You will find some of each in Joan's hidey hole.

They are calling for freezing rain and 100 km an hour winds for tomorrow.........goodness me. We are all set for it  but I hope the power stays on as not everyone has a generator to fall back on.

Going to tidy up the kitchen and put my feet up....maybe..

Shirley hot bread and butter go hand in hand!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good afternoon.

I am late getting here, but I have been having a very lazy day.  Yesterday started out on the wrong foot and the day went downhill from that point on.  Just couldn't seem to do anything right.

So, today, I decided I was not going to do anything.  Started a new book and will keep on reading.  I had a late lunch so that means a late dinner. But, that is ok.

Gloria,  so good to read about your shopping day yesterday.  Even tho it did tire you out,  I know you so enjoyed just getting out and being with your son.  You probably almost forgot you were getting tired.  I know it seems when I really don't want to get read to go out, I always feel better after I go.  I know a lot of how I feel is my own doings.

Nice to see a good message from Larry.  It sounded just like you do before you started feeling bad.  Do hope you will keep on feeling better.

June, always nice when you sound upbeat, like you did today.  You are just so amazing.

And, Amy, I can't imagine doing all that baking in one day.    I am lucky that I got a tube of Pillsbury's cinnamon rolls done yesterday.  And, it sure didn't take long.  I really need to make up some pie dough, as I have used all I had in the freezer.  I like to make my own and divide it up and freeze it.  That way if I feel like making a pie or some kind of a baked treat,  I have the dough in the freezer.

It has been a very dreary day. Has looked like rain all day, but so far, just nothing.  I had hoped to maybe get out for dinner somewhere tonight, but after talking to my son and DIL,  they didn't feel like going.  Plus with the weather being so iffy, I was kind of glad to just stay home.

A good evening to everyone and hope you all have had a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

mycheal

Decorah Eagles 2-22-19, 10:32 pm, Mom lays first egg
 For you watchers :O) Enjoy

https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/decorah-eagles/

June Drabek

Extra busy day today, so I am for an early bed tonight. My hospice people popped in and we had a good talk. Learned a lot, and my favorite girl here at Rowntree joined us. It will be an early sleep for me tonight. Hugs,love and many prayers. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

roley

G'morning all, Just thought these two websites might be of interest, memories last a long time and this just goes to prove it, hope you agree.     Cheers.   Roley
CLICK HERE.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46762440/sheffield-man-s-pride-tending-to-plane-crash-memorial

https://youtu.be/g_2IGNx03l0

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone.
Peter thanks for the two wonderful videos.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Not a nice morning out there, winds and rain have already started. Good day to stay inside!

Mycheal, thank you for the eagle cam.....love watching the birds .

June, hope you had a good nights rests and will have a wonderful day today.

Joy, sorry you got off on the wrong foot, hope today is much better. I must admit I would rather do a lot of baking all at once then not have to do it for a while.

Roley, thank you for the plane crash memorial, I will watch that while having my tea.

Lloyd, good morning to you!

Jane,not nice losing a friend, just enjoy all the wonderful memories that you have with her over the past years.

Better get dressed so I can take the pup out....getting too light out there to go out in my night wear!!

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I'm up and attem today!  I got dressed and ready for church while I waited for the doggies boinger for their pills.  This will be a short one because there's not much time left.

My dinner with Bethany was great last night.  We both agreed that we have to get together more while she's up in this area.  She's the younger of two sisters and they both used to spend a couple weeks every summer with me when they were growing up but this is the first tie we've spent time with just the two of us.  It was pretty neat!  And we promised we'd do it again!

I'll be off to church this morning!  I'm pretty much ready to go as soon as the doggies are taken care of.  I don't have to make any stops on the way home so I'll just come home and tend to my "list". 

LARRY, I don't remember who said it but I agree that it was nice to "hear" you sounding like you old self in your last posting. 

You too, JUNE.  Let's have more of it!

MYCHEAL, I loved the Eagle!

AMY, I'm going to have a handful of oatmeal cookies for my breakfast.  I haven't made them in a lot of years and I always loved them.  Thank you.

Now I know it's time for the boinger because Annie's whining around my ankles.  So I'll try to be back later.  I wish you all a good day.

NOTE:  We must have the tail end of AMY's storm because it's been raining all night and supposed to continue through the day.  I am so TIRED of rain!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

I'm so tired of rain, too.  It really drags down the spirits when it goes on and on for days.  Maybe the sun will come out later today.  I can only hope.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

well Ladies here in MO. we say if you do not Like the weather now in a short while we may have just what you like.be paint. and the rain flowed by the sun makes the grass grow. sure beats a drought. bottom Line god knows best what we need. Have a great day just like you want. My mother used to say bow down your prayer bones are not wore out yet.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Well all the walking on Friday caught up with me yesterday. As the day went on my back acted up and tried getting the salve I use on the aching places but my arms have a time reaching my back and massaging it in. I do have a back thingy I can put the salve on but cannot apply pressure to it. Oh where was my CNA when I needed her?! After my son left after his weekly visit I laid on the couch watching TV. Glad I bought some easy things to fix on Friday so did eat pretty good.

AMY  my CNA goes shopping for me but if she doesn't see what I have on my list she gets what she likes. I keep telling her if they do not have what I have on my list to get nothing, NO SUBSTITUTES. Cannot afford for her to buy food I will either give away or throw away.

JANE  the rain is back here and right now it is freezing rain. No going out for me again.

LARRY  wonderful seeing your post from yesterday. That alone said you were having a better day. I know some days I just do not feel up to saying hello here.

SHIRLEY  you have my mouth watering for your hot bread and real butter, especially the one with the cinnamon. I did a lot of picking yesterday, no real coo‌king. I did get some fresh fruit and I really enjoyed having it yesterday.

AMY  just heard on local weather that tomorrow we are in for strong winds and possible power outages.

JOY  I seldom pass on a chance to go out. My older  son likes grocery shopping, takes after me. My younger son took me a few times but just doesn't like it and has no patience for it. Like you I like homemade pie dough, the premade ones always seen tough  to me, not flaky or tasty either.

PETER  thanks for the links. Both brought tears to my eyes. I had 2 nephews in the air force in WW2 and thankfully both came home safely.

PHYLLIS  we have had more rain than snow this winter. With the ground frozen it just runs off. At least the snow melts slow and can sink into the ground.

Time to make my breakfast so have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Just checking in today.  Pat did take me to get a haircut yesterday, which I really needed.  I took my shower this morning and that really wore me out so will not make any individual comments today.  Thank you all for posting.

Lindancer

[Good morning, Phyllis and Jane I would also like to see the sun. but rain again to day and tomorrow with high winds. ON the other side this could have been all snow this winter, then we would be tunnelling out  :) and it would have coat me a small fortune digging out]

Goodmorning June, always enjoy your post. AS I have said before you use words so beautifully. Like the person you are. take care

Lloyd thanks for posting that lovely cactus. Mine has not bloomed in two years, although I put it in a dark room in Oct.

Larry, hope to day is another good day

Gloria, Glad you were able to get out with your son. My problem is circulation in my feet and legs, the doctor said walk, walk even though I have trouble walking and breathing at the same time. I can walk and stop set, down because of my pushmobile, I would not be able to go out if it was not for that. I do get very tired.  After my Procrit shot I feel better so yesterday I made tuna fish macaroni salad, enough for my neighbor who just had surgery and the other who took me to the doctor. There is so little I can do for them. Also made a jello,cream cheese pineapple salad. Now I am worn out for the month :)

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.

Happy to read all of the posts telling of what many of you are up to.  My goodness, AMY, the goodies in the hidy hole sure did taste yummy.  Yes, I had one of each!  I, too, sure hope the winds do not leave your area with a black out.  The winds seem to be a big issue all over the place now. 

Many area are breaking records for total snow amounts. Snow in the Phoenix area and Las Vegas!  Sure wonder what is going on?  The pictures coming out of Phoenix sure are beautiful. 

GLORIA, I was so happy to read about your shopping outing with your son.  Bless him for letting you enjoy some special time together.  I am sorry you have to pay for it with the back pain. 

Friday we took Michele and Kate out to one of the newly opened hotel / convention center called the Gaylord Rockies.  It is quite the place.  Kate was there to dance on Friday then to have two days of dancing techniques.  It is only her second time to dance a solo in competition and she did fantastic.  She had a lot of stiff competition so did not get a score as high as it appeared she danced, but she is one of the younger girls at age 9 and her competition were girls that are 11 already.  Sure does make this grandma proud to watch that girlie dance her heart out.  We left after the solos were completed.  Went to their home to pick up Lola Doodle and then Dave and the boys went out to the hotel to join the girls for the weekend.  They have big swimming pool areas with the slides and the like, so the boys were going to enjoy their time out there as well.  There are girls from 14 other states there to participate.  They will stop by on their way home this afternoon to pick up Lola. 

GLORIA de, PHYLLIS and JANE, I hope you get to see the sun soon, as I, too, do not care for day after day of dreariness.  We are to be going into a warming stage for 4 days before the next snow is forecasted. 

LARRY, glad you were able to get out for a haircut yesterday.  Take it easy and rest up my friend.  I hope you have managed to get your new electronic device set up and are enjoying it.

MYCHIEL, thank you for the nice video cam for us to see the beautiful Eagles nest. 

Thank you, Roley, for the wonder videos of the plane crash site.  Very interesting, although so sad.

SHIRLEY, I seem to have the same problem with my coffee.....it just gets forgotten and then it is cold.  After a few times I just drink it down to be done with it.

JUNE DEAR.....love seeing your special posts....thank you for checking in to let us know what all you have been doing.  💞💞 and HUGS to you❣️

Enjoy the rest,of your Sunday!

Jenn

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

This old girl doesn't know how to party anymore... I am pooped!  The usual Sunday of church and breakfast with the kids at McDonald's & plans to meet at a little church having a German sausage meal just northwest of the city at noon. We had the meal last year and it was delicious so was looking forward to a big feast. Sadly the great grands were sick so one family couldn't make it but we bought carry out & Andy took to them. I bought extra coleslaw and sausages to bring home with me to eat tomorrow but doubt if it will make it through the night in MY frig!  I had a little nap but could go back to sleep without any trouble.

Tomorrow I will take on Cox again, my kids are going nuts because they can't call me. Ever since I had them install that nomorobo option it thinks everyone that calls is a robo and tells them "the person you are calling has not set up their voice mail".... My daughter did set it up even though we had set it up before Cas died, but it wouldn't let us retrieve the messages people left. At that time I had the system set that at 4 rings the answering machine would pick up and 6 rings was voice mail. What a pain! They can't get a single person to fix the problems because some idiot goofed when I took the death certificate to have all changed to MY name and didn't, so when I try to make any changes "it" refuses because I am NOT the primary user.

I asked more than one person as they passed me from one to another, just who do they think has been paying the bills the last nearly 6 years??? Can you believe not one human can go in and just type in MY name?  When I argued with them a couple weeks ago for several days straight, that I was the one that set this up but 30 years ago they demanded I use Cas' Social Security number and not mine.... he didn't even use a computer at the time & never ever talked to Cox about their service. I always paid all bills.

Anyway, I dread tomorrow because I'll get the same run around. Bottom line is "they" tell me I can cancel this service and open a new account, but I have Amazon & other businesses attached to the Cox account. Crazy & pushing me over the edge! To make matters worse, when the kids call my cell phone they get the same message because when I set up the Nomorobo system it insisted on a cell phone number.. which has nothing to do with Cox, it is a tracfone/iPhone.

Kind of neat to be away from the house & can answer the landline phone on my cell.... providing Nomorobo thinks it's okay. Now & then it will let a kid through... but most of the time I get a text message from them to say they've been trying to call, so I call them. Do I sound a little frustrated??? :crazy2:

Peter, I watched the news about that crash on TV before seeing your links... so sad the man felt it was his/their fault the crew died, but how kind of him to see they weren't forgotten. When my brother was shot down his plane was over the Danube River but he came down on land and was immediately captured. He saw his best friend, the tail gunner, shot to pieces and did as they promised each other, visited his family to assure them that he did not make it so they would know what happened. Those were terrible days but the people were at their best, so much love and kindness.

Jenn, I expect someone was doing her very best to make her mother smile. Congratulations to Kate and I am more than impressed with what a trooper Michele is. For sure those kids have wonderful parents (and grandparents).

Well, I could sit here & talk all night, I read posts & tell each of you thoughts going  through my mind but my posts get too long so I delete..... special hugs to all. Can you believe that this is the last week of February?

JaneS

I'm a little late going off to bed tonight but I fell asleep on the sofa and watched the last hour of TV through my eyelids.  I bid you all good night and a restful sleep and a happy day tomorrow.

P.S.  SHIRLEY, your posts could be twice as long and not be too long.  I love the contact with all of you!

phyllis

The sun came out yesterday afternoon and it is supposed to be sunny today.  How lovely!  Of course, I realize that in July I will probably not be so happy about sunshine.   ;D   Oh, well, I'll deal with that when July comes.

All is going along as normal here....thank goodness!  Laundry today and whatever else I can get up to.  I have some pie dough in the fridge and a can of cherry pie filling in the pantry...I may make a Rustic Tart.  David would like that, I think.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

phyllis If I close to you I would be right over. that Is my favorite. as i am not enjoy it with Him and think about me. Have a great day today and a better tomorrow.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Raining when I went to bed last night, fell asleep listening to the rain hit the windows. Woke to the sound of the maintenance man plowing the walks. When I looked out was surprised to see about an inch of snow. On local news they are saying this is lake effect snow. We are many miles away from the great lakes to get that snow here but the weather guesser said a band of it came here. Crazy

LARRY  you do not have to reply to all of us, just a short post makes us happy.

GLORIA  de  I agree with the rain.  If it had all been snow we would be snowed in by now. Like you I would be lost without my rollator.

JENNY  my oer sone calls often and comes for visits at times but Friday was great. At least my back did not act up till the day after.

SHIRLEY  when I had my apartment in my son's house every thing cable was in his name. When I moved here I had to go to the Cox store to get them to put it in my name here, talk about a problem because the said since he move it would still be in his name. Making them understand I was the one moved not him to get them to understand. Your posts are NEVER TOO LONG.

JANE  I laid on the couch yesterday watching a movie on the TV and next thing I knew a different movie was on.

PHYLLIS  my oldest son always wanted a cherry pie for his birthday, not a cake. My MIL said I was spoiling him. No way did I spoil my 3. A special treat now and then was deserved.

LLOYD  hello.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..
High winds kept me awake for most of the night and now I have a dance with Mr SB. Have no idea of just how much snow as it is in drifts......

Will be back latter.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're about to be interrupted by the boinger because the doggies are getting restless behind me.  There it goes!  I'll be back in a bit!

Dogs fed and my second cup of coffee is right in front of me.  I don't go into work until 11 this morning.  I don't know how that's going to go but we shall see.  I always tend to do too much before I go when I go later.

Gloria, my oldest daughter's birthday "cake" was always cherry pie.  I even found ways to send them by friends when she was in college in VA!  One of her friends always referred to me as "Cherry Pie Mama"!

I wish you all a good day.  It's yours!  Do what you wish with it!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Taking a pass today and just checking in.

Sandy

Good Afternoon Everyone from
the cold and windy,  rocky coast
of Maine.   

All is well here... tomorrow I do my
second day of shopping at the grocery's
by just picking up the order out side. 

I really love this ,  as I
hate grocery shopping.. Much
easier ordering online and
letting them do the packing up
and putting the "stuff" in our
car.

Sorry to see that so many
are having problems with the
latest version of Seniors and
Friends.   

I certainly will miss them if
they decide to go.   

Sandy  :'(

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

Please don't anyone go!  This is my release.  I come here when I need someone to  talk to about things I'd rather not shove on my kids.  You all understand and you don't think I'm asking for help.  Sometimes we just need to say it and saying it in type sure helps.

We're having wind, too.  It's whoshing around corners and whistling down chimneys and if there's any place for it to get inside, it finds it!  It practically blows the whiskers off the dogs and the thoughts out of my head.  I don't think I like wind any more than I like rain!  I'm really getting picky in my old age~

I just got home from work and the 11 to 3 was pretty good.  I don't think it was as tiring as some of the other shifts.  I guess that's good because I have 5 more of them coming up in the next couple weeks. 

Now I suppose my next senence will sound like a retraction of the above paragraph but I think I'll try to catch a few zzzzs before I have supper.  Maybe more people will have visited by the time I get back.  I wish....

Mary Ann

Jane, I feel about the same way.  I cannot understand when I check in in the morning that there have been no posts during the night.  You and I are on EST (yet) and there are two time zones west of us and no one from those areas have posted.  I realize we cannot have as many folders as we had in SN, but in those days, I checked folders four times a day - morning, noon, suppertime and before I went to bed.  Now I check more often and many times there are no posts.  For another month, I'm lost because the ships on the Grand Lakes are in for repairs.  Things should start up at the end of March so I'll have a little more to check.  But in the meantime!!!  I wish more people would post in this folder and Norm's B&T.  I know you don't want to and that's OK, but there are others who could, who were part of the Aardvarks and Michigan folders.  All of them are not as old as I am!

Mary Ann

Shirley

Boy, HOWDY! Did I ever make a mistake signing up for NOMOROBO calls........can't believe I've talked to just about everyone with Cox and still don't have the problem solved and today the Cox lady could NOT CoNTACT Nomorobo to straighten them out. This is a service sold to many (guess about all) of the phone servers so they are busy selling and not handling the customers. The Cox lady was very nice but couldn't do anything without being able to have them change their settings. SO, bottom line is just like a few minutes ago, robo calls that manage to come through and my kids calls do not!   :tissue:  :angry2:  :argue:  :banghead:  :bash:  :bonk:  :chatter:  :crazy:  :nopity:

I'm like the rest of you that "this is my neighborly coffee break" .... and would certainly miss all of you if the site folds. Maybe we need to check to see if it is in danger of folding & try to make plans for where we could get together to visit.  I think there was an AARP site was how I found SeniorNet.... or maybe it was a Yahoo chat place. Any suggestions?  We may need to lump together the photos & Soda Shoppe, not sure if Norm's spot has the same visitors, Mary Ann, what do you think?  I don't visit all the other discussions so don't know how they are doing, but I did check on the Christian Photographer's site that Pat also heads up, looks like most of their discussions are almost abandoned.

Maybe Michael can give us a heads up for what is going on, MAYBE, Michael??

Amy

My what a day!! We were lucky here, no power outage but others in this province can't say the same. Multi car pile ups, thankfully no one was seriously hurt. We still have high winds but slowly dying down. The temp is also going  down, way down.

I managed to clean all  the areas of snow, get 3 pie crust made and in the freezer and a nap. Nap was fine until dogs thought they should romp on the bed!!

Pup is doing well, he is just a pup and just full of energy!!

Looked out earlier and saw crow looking for food so I pup more seed out to be treated to 2 crows eating then the doves came and blue jays later...love watching them.
Did you see the poor eagle on the nest with all the snow???

Hope everyone is in where it is warm and safe.

Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Shirley, while there are some people who post both here and in Norm's folder, some only post in one or the other.  There are more posters here than in Norm's.  The discussions in both groups are very different.  Larry, when he is able, has the same first paragraph for both folders, then his comments relate to what has been written in both folders.  He does not have duplicate messages.  When I post, I respond to what is written and I get carried away often.  I do not look in many of the folders so I do not know what their participation is.  I think if all of the folders had as much going on as these two folders, there were be no worry.

One thing for concern is that Pat Halbach is not well (I think).  I don't think she is at death's door, but it is my understanding that she isn't well.  If she would decide it was too much, we'd be up a creek without a paddle! 

So there you have my thoughts!

Mary Ann