Random Image

To Heck With Dye

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:33:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 31

Started by JoanFL, July 31, 2016, 04:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Joan, Gloria, Amy, Jackie, Joy, Larry, Hal, June, and Shirley, thank you all for those birthdays wishes!

I hope everyone is having a beautiful day, and I hope we soon have Jeanne Lee, back with us and healthy!

Joan, Findlay will probably be missing camp buddies and activities and also enjoying seeing his parents and you again!

JoanFL

Angelface--I hope you've had a nice birthday.  Finlay will miss his camp buddies, I know.  For sure he's missing his parents.  I haven't seen them in nearly a year, so sure am looking forward to their visit, even though it will be short.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Lindancer

Good afternoon, we got a nice rain on Frideay, they said rain all day to day, but did not see drop. Cloudy and sun pops out every one in a while.  Though it is raining in NJ, on to days golf.  Washed out yesterday golf.

Patricia, HAPPY BIRTHDAY   :hb3: :cheer:

Junee, we do have a small 90's club.  I think there are 5 of us, that I know of.

Don, I know you have wonderful memories.

Larry, maybe you should use a cane.  I do when I go out, if I get a shopping cart, that is a big help, In the big stores.

Phyllis, thanks for the graphic.  You do so many the are soft.

Joan, How nice Finlay sent you cards, and of course you to him.

Gloria, I do not know what country the weatherman is looking at the map.  He said on Friday, rain would be around through Tuesday. Yesterday and also to day thunder storms and heavy rain.  Right now the sun is out. I go to the hematologist to morrow.  Maybe then we will get the heavy rain.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Joan....."I just had a phone call from my son Joe that made me happy.  They pick Finlay up at camp in North Carolina on Friday.  They are then going to head for Florida, expecting to arrive on Sunday.  They won't be here long because Finlay starts school in Alabama again the next Monday."..... I find the older I get the more I appreciate shorter visits....  somehow those younger folks don't wear out as fast as I do!  Don't worry about us, we will hold the fort while you are enjoying "the kids".  Tell Finlay that "his old aunties" still think of him. 

Thanks for the update from Pat & Jeanne Lee..... I miss Pat showing up with her beautiful photos over in Photos.   She is such a great photographer, can create a masterpiece with her camera.

Super Sunday, Every Friend!

CallieOK

angelface555

Thank you, Gloria and Shirley for remembering me on my birthday! I had a bit of a surprise this morning as I use Google Search for a homepage. There was a birthday display instead of the regular Google this morning so I had to click on it. To my surprise, after clicking, the words Happy birthday, Patricia came up!

Now I know this is only on my search page, but still, I'm not sure what to think.  ???

JoanFL

Shirley--These younger ones do have an abundance of energy.  I just wish I could see them more often.

Hi Callie.

angelface--I don't use that page for my homepage so I don't know much about it.  How do they know your birthday?

angelface555

The same way that adverts are targeted to your usage of the computer. Everything we do and post is recorded by advertisers on the web. Google is just more overt. Did you ever use an app showing how many cookies are recording what you do on the net? On the average, there are hundreds and this is the same for each and everyone of us on the net.

Each evening when I close up for the evening, I have a program called, Hitman Pro that runs before the computer shuts down. I invariably have around seven hundred cookies, which are small advertising bots that collect personal information on everyone who uses a computer and visits sites. Now you can say no cookies, but then you see a pop-up window saying the site depends on advertising to keep running and it will not allow you to go on the site without allowing these "cookies."

So, I use one program that eliminates all advertising viewed on my computer pages and
I use another to eliminate the cookies each night that we cannot run a computer and avoid.

Sandy

Quote from: angelface555 on July 31, 2016, 05:54:17 PM
Thank you, Gloria and Shirley for remembering me on my birthday! I had a bit of a surprise this morning as I use Google Search for a homepage. There was a birthday display instead of the regular Google this morning so I had to click on it. To my surprise, after clicking, the words Happy birthday, Patricia came up!

Now I know this is only on my search page, but still, I'm not sure what to think.  ???

Happy Birthday Pat...

From Me,  and apparently "Big Brother" ...  :yikes:
(giggle)

Sandy
:coolsmiley:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Jane, I found your zzzzzzzz's not once but twice!! I went out on the front porch swing and well it lulled me to sleep then after lunch I heard it call my name again!! Gentle breeze blowin,no bugs and off to dream land  I went. Sure hope I can sleep tonight!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Patricia, Happy birthday and many returns of the day.  We went to the Lansing area today to see the new (five months) baby in the family.  She has a lovely smile and I am bushed!

Mary Ann

angelface555

Thank you Sandy and MaryAnn, (And Big Brother?); for the birthday wishes! I now have three cakes and six cupcakes in the freezer for my birthday. I told the friend bearing the cupcakes that I appreciated them but I was trying to lose weight. She said, "Oh, but these are low-cal, just for you." I replied, "That might have gone over easier if your husband was better at hiding his grin!"

MaryAnn, smiling already? What a happy baby!

Gloria

The rain we started with did not last long darn it. Cloudy all day till we saw a few rays of sunshine about 5 this afternoon.

LLOYD  you were supposed to take it easy today but looks like you were busy all day.

LARRY  this machine froze again this morning. Shut it manually and started it up again. I did remember when I was on the phone with HP them having e start it up and keep tapping the F11 tab. I did that and a screen opened with 2 choices one was to run a diagnostic scan that they have done several times before or start normally, I did that and it has been OK the rest of the day.  That should not be happening. If it was still frozen I would have been on the phone chewing them out. I am getting good at that lately with them. I have never been so angry in my life before. I have talked to a manager at the end of each call. Next time I will ask for a supervisor.  Of course they are all in India.

JOAN  if my 2 sons weren't made to write a card home they would not have done it.

DON  a sad day to remember. I missed your program not being on today. When my son left this afternoon I put a DVD into the PC and enjoyed some Chopin so I still enjoyed some classical music.

JUNE  on Friday the one from HP I talked to I told what I intended to do if I have more problems they cannot or will not fix or replace this piece of junk. They are not very smart and really do not care.

LARRY  wonder if Jeanne was in the hospital again.

JOAN  at least you will have a few days to see Finlay, Joe and Kate. They start school early I Alabama where they live. In the school where my daughter worked they go 12 months a year but they have longer breaks during the year, like 2 weeks at Christmas time instead of 1 week. They have been back to school for 2 weeks already.

Have a good night everyone, sleep peacefully and wake refreshed.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria, have you written directly to HP?  I'd send a letter to the President and I think it would get to the proper party.  I think it would be worth a try.

We went to Eaton Rapids today to meet the newest member of the family, Norm's five month great-granddaughter.  She is a darling.  I think she has my ears that protrude.  I always tried to keep my ears covered but other than that they haven't bothered me, except when it comes to hearing in my later years.

Mary Ann

JaneS

OK, so that's why I couldn't find my zzzs today.  Amy stole them!  Please leave them alone tonight because if I don't get some tonight I'm going to be an old crab tomorrow and I don't think either the eye dr. or my house guest will like that. 

I'm off to Dreamland shortly.  I have to get Beverly settled and she's still running on California time so it's only about 6:15 in her head.  I gave her my iPad to play games so I can get some sleep.  It's been quite a day around here.  Frankie is gone and she's not coming back for a while.  Her friend came and took her to her mother's so I don't have to worry about her.

I'll say....Good Night Everyfriend!  I wish you sweet dreams and sunshine (or rain) whichever you need, tomorrow!  May God bless us every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

This has truly been a lazy day for me. Several naps popped up while I thought I was reading. I didn't stay down for lunch, just wanted to get home, so I did. Had a light lunch, and enjoyed my day of doing nothing.

It's hard to believe another whole month has passed. I wonder how much of it I lost while having naps ? Too much, I'm sure.

Amy, your day sounds as relaxing as mine.

Now I have to think about something for supper. I wish I were hungry.Maybe if I take a walk, I'll work up an appetite.

later..I see I never did post the aforementioned drivel. I did take my walk, then I made a half a peanut butter sandwich, added a little carton of apple sauce to that, a piece of candy and a cuppa coffee. now I need another walk. ho hum......
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

Anther late good evening to EVERYFRIEND. 

I thought sure a posted earlier today, but I did not see it...GOOFED AGAIN, I guess.

First off....H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y, PATRICIA.  I am sorry it is late for you.  Best wishes for many more.  Sounds like you hit the jackpot for birthday goodies.  Enjoy.

We sure enjoyed our Willie Nelson Concert last night.  Wonderful venue it was held at...I really liked it a lot.

Patti and her husband drove home to Rock Springs WY today...she was quite miserable, but happy to be home.  Now she can truly take it easy and recover.  Thank you for all of the prayers. 

Mark's plane arrived 3 hours later than scheduled, but at least he got here safe and sound.  We were able to pick him up, deliver him home to our house and get back to the concert....so in the end all worked out well.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend, on this first day of August.  There's assorted mini muffins to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Census

Census Taker: "How many children do you have?"

Woman: "Four."

Census Taker: "May I have their names, please?"

Woman: "Eenee, Meenee, Minee and Frank."

Census Taker: "Okay, that's fine. But may I ask why you named your fourth child Frank?"

Woman: "Because we didn't want any Moe."

Food For Thought

Confidence in Prayer

Scripture Reading: Genesis 18:20-33

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears usâ€"whatever we askâ€"we know that we have what we asked of him.
1 John 5:14-15
“If God does not change, what is the use of praying?” We often hear this question from nonbelieversâ€"and sometimes from Christians too. Without going into a heavy theological discussion, we can learn something about prayer from today’s reading in Genesis 18.
Abraham, appealing to God out of trust in him and with compassion for others, asks, “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? . . . Far be it from you to do such a thing. . . . Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?” And, of course, the Lord says, “If I find [so many] righteous people . . . I will spare the whole place for their sake.” Further, God later shows he is faithful to his promises by giving Abraham’s nephew Lot and his family the opportunity to escape.
As he approached God with his questions, Abraham knew that God loves his people, in his anger at their wickedness. God is slow to act in anger, even when we deserve it. In the dialogue between Abraham and God, we can see that Abraham had confidence and trust in God, and that God was willing to listen and respond to all of Abraham’s questions.
John notes that if we pray in line with God’s will, we can trust that he hears and will respond accordingly. And, like Abraham, we will understand more and more of God’s will through dialogue with him.
Lord, guide us to trust in you, even if we have tough questions, and to pray according to your will. Amen.

Thought of the Day

“The true promise of a connected society is people helping one another.  I’m a guy who believes in the triumph of humanity with a little help from technology.”

~ Biz Stone

roley

G'morning all, Hi Lloyd, well, we keep missing each other Lloyd !, sorry about that, it was only a matter of minutes yesterday but unfortunately while talking to Alf I had the call from the kitchen ! that dinner was ready and mate, when my 'missus' says ready, she means ready !, incase you look in here first, I shall be around for a while yet, just sent you an Email, it's just turned 11 am here but i'll wait awhile longer.   Cheers,  Roley.   :thumbup:

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept very well last night and I feel quite rested this morning and ready to face whatever the day has to offer.

First off, I was so harried yesterday that I forgot to say...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PATRICIA!"  I HOPE YOU HAD A LOVELY DAY!"

We had some very nice rain last night, however, I forgot that my car windows were down so it also rained inside my car.  I'll go out in a bit and put them back down and home it dries off inside the car.  But I have to be careful because it's supposed to rain again today but not until I come home from the dr later this morning. 

I hope you all have what you need to make your day a good one. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Going to be another hot day here, that means I get done what's needed and take it easy after that.

Can't believe we are into Aug already,doesn't seem that long ago when we were wishing for Spring!!

Jane, I was just as surprised to find your zzz's on the swing and then I went to bed and slept too!!!

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning/good night, Roley.  It's nice to hear from you.

Janie--Good morning.  Glad you got a good night's sleep.  Hopefully the sun will help dry the inside of your car.  I hope you get a good report from the doctor.

Good morning, Amy.  You must have been very tired to sleep on the swing and then be able to sleep when you went to bed.  We're to have another HOT day, too.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Up and att'em this morning.  Heading out to pick up prescription and get an xray.
Hope everyone has a good day.

phyllis

First, and most important.......Happy Birthday, Angel!  I'm sorry I'm late but the wish is still sincere.

I got so exasperated with this computer (and with myself) yesterday I just turned it off and we went out for dinner last night.  Felt so good to see that there is still a world outside of my four walls.

6 months dental check-up this afternoon so I must buzz around and do some of those household things this morning.  Talk to you all later.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It looks like we may be in for a break in the hot temperatures today with it predicted to get to only 88 degrees and as much as a 65% chance of some rain late this afternoon.  This should be a fairly quiet day.  I do plan on attending my Monday noon meeting and need to get some gas in my car and that is about it. 

We didn't get to Texas Roadhouse until about 4 pm yesterday.  That worked out well as was able to rest/nap for a couple of hours after getting home from Church.  We had a nice leisurely meal. When we got home Scott fixed a couple of printer problems that had been preventing Pat from printing from her laptop. 

I had another email from Pat Scott Halbach and she asked me to share with you the following:    "Pat is also unwell and isn't fortunate to have her 'right-hand man'--Jeanne!". 

Joan, thanks for the info on the type of camp that Finlay is attending.  Glad they will come by to see you and sometimes short visits are preferable to long ones (at least in my experience). 

June, when I start to lean sideways I know I must stop and at least sit down and rest for awhile.  I try not to get to that point but do occasionally find it happening.  I still have fairly good balance and am very careful to avoid falling.

deAngel, I was glad to see them be able to finish the PGA golf tournament yesterday.  It looked like there could have been a playoff but Jimmy Walker didn't lose his composure and a playoff wasn't necessary.  I see that was the longest final day in 64 years of the PGA Championship.   I am not too proud and will use a cane when I feel the time is right.  I am very conscious of not wanting to fall.

Shirley, Pat isn't up to doing much on the computer at this time so we shouldn't expect to see many postings from her.  We all need to keep her in our prayers and thoughts.

Gloria, you might be able to ask to be connected with an HP supervisor in the US.  I know that is possible with some companies.  The people we get on the phone have written scripts that they follow to troubleshoot and when they get beyond that script they usually can't help much more. 

JaneS, glad to see that Frankie won't be coming back for awhile so you will have some time for yourself after your California friend departs.  Glad to see you had a good nights sleep last night. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, cooler this morning, humidity is down at last. When I booted up just now my IE icon is gone. Something else to look for again. Glad I have Google chrome installed or I really would be screaming.

MARY ANN  if I had a way with words I just might write a letter. I am just tired of the whole thing.

JOAN  another new month starting. Gee time sure goes fast lately. Since you are serving mini muffins I will have a couple of different ones. Thank you for today's goodies.

JANE  glad you slept good last night, you really needed it.

PHYLLIS  always good to get away from the house for a few hours.

LARRY  with the last Dell I had I asked to talk to someone here in the US and was told it would cost me $50 to do that.

Now I will go hunt for my IE to find it.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, halkel.

Phyllis--Good morning.  Sorry your computer is getting you exasperated.   I think going out to dinner is a good solution.:)

Good morning, Larry.  Sure is nice that you, Pat and Scott can get together fairly often now.  I've been  praying for Pat Halbach and Jeanne Lee.  I am anxious to hear the stories Finlay has to tell about his first camp experience.

Gloria--Good morning.  How in the world did IE get lost?  It cost $50 to talk to a Dell rep in the US, but nothing to talk to a person you can hardly understand?  Where's the logic?

Mary Ann

Gloria, you don't have to have a "way with words" to write a letter to HP management.  You do have to have your information in order.  Write  down what you  have told us - point by point. 

I'm now recuperating from my time away from home yesterday.  I find that I'm quite tired but it is good practice in case I go to Indy in September. 

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from yet another soggy Interior day. I know where everyone's rain has gone and please take it back! The alert from Saturday has been extended through 11:30 pm Tuesday. Thank you for the belated birthday wishes, Jane, Jenny and Phyllis!

"  IN FAIRBANKS...WATER LEVELS ON THE CHENA RIVER WILL RISE THROUGH
TUESDAY AND REMAIN HIGH FOR MUCH OF THE WEEK. WATER LEVELS WILL BE
AT LEAST AS HIGH AS LAST WEEK. BIKE PATHS UNDER BRIDGES AND LOW
   LYING BACKYARDS WILL BE UNDER WATER AS THEY WERE LAST WEEK.
   ADDITIONALLY...GROUND WATER LEVELS WILL BE VERY HIGH AND
BASEMENTS NEAR THE RIVER THAT HAVE FLOODED IN THE PAST COULD SEE
  FLOODING THIS WEEK "

JoanFL

Good morning, Mary Ann.  I find that outings tire me these days--much more than  they used to.

Angelface--You didn't get any rain from here, because here on the Space Coast we haven't had a drop in over a month.