Random Image

Inspecting Kate Elizabeth

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

My new site

Started by Oldiesmann, May 08, 2019, 12:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Thought I'd show off something I've been working on lately. It's a discussion site for Cincinnati, the city I live in. It's only been open to the public for a couple of days so there's not much content yet, but I'm hoping it will take off at some point. If you or anyone you know lives (or used to live) in Cincinnati, feel free to drop by or send them my way :)

https://www.cincyspace.net

so_P_bubble

Congratulation Oldiesmann.
I wanted to post my congratulations on site but did not know how :) 
Best of luck on your new endeavor.  :thumbup:

Oldiesmann

You have to register over there to be able to post. Thanks for the well wishes. Still trying to figure out how to get people to register at the moment (and of course figuring out what to post as well - I don't have time to post a link and discussion about every single local news story)

JeanneP

I wil keep a watch on here,see what you are planning on starting.
We are getting short on posters now on S and F. Need to start something to bring us back together.
JeanneP

Vanilla-Jackie

Jeanne P...
...yes agree, many old time regulars have now stopped posting on our forum, I personally dont-wont touch facebook but i know several do post on there and keep in contact with members who were once on our S & F's forum but, a great idea to start a topic where we can bring our old time friends - posters back again to posting on our forum site, if only to say a hello and let us know how they have been keeping, what has been going on in their lives...It is sad that so many have dropped away from our site over the years although i am aware if and when we lose a valued member to death word does get around and they-some flock back to pay their respects but sadly we dont seem to be able to keep them here..I am sure many still look in, sadly, just never post anymore, now if only we could entice our old friends back permanently..
" There is no present like the time "

JeanneP

Jackie.
Guess that we have not been noticed yet in this forum. Just so hard to get people aboard any of them.
I hope soon you will be able to move and getting settled into a place where can make friends and find things to keep you busy.

I live on a Mobile Home park and have been here since it started so many years ago. Thing is it is very convenient to everything. Stores. Hospitals, Bus stations for the best public transport in the state. I still drive so don't use it that much but know it is there when needed. Now I have ended up the only person left here from about a 100 sites. So many have passed away or moved in senior living. Young have purchased their mobile home. Some have moved off. My friends bought the land and made it into a park. They now sold it to a large corporation that owns 2500 parks all over the country. Now I have a large corner lot right where the entry is. I would have left if I had been further back but It is so private for me. Love living here and can't think of moving into retirement place. No family close and now even people I worked last 29 years with have passed. Thing is I have lived alone for 59 years and know no other way. Raised more or less alone growing up. Been asked to marry at least 4 times up to age 70 but just knew not for me.
Traveled a lot and back to UK 15 times. family been over here quite a few times also. I need to try and get back to UK this coming year
. Just have one cousin and they always traveled a lot with me along with them when over there but now hard for him to leave UK as had heart problem so Insurance to travel hard to get and expensive. So easier for me to get there.  Had 2 of my grandsons over 10 years ago and youngest daughter back 3 times last 10 years. But they married now and live 1400 miles away. Times go bye so fast.
Now got to live next 5 month in the cold midwest. Snowing like crazy now but I have all I need to keep me busy in the house for awhile. Got to watch though as I tend to cook and eat to much when this happens.

Now you take care of yourself. use all the help you can get from the Gov. there. My mum was a widow from age 40 to 79 and had a good life along with her sister who lost husband and was alone about 25 years. She and I did a lot together up to about 7 years ago. Really miss her when I come over. Miss a lot of my friends also. Just have to think of good time had and carry on. Just don't get stressful as that is bad for health 
JeanneP

Vanilla-Jackie

Jeanne P...
...i know you have good - fond memories of UK, and not long back you were considering a place back here, cant remember where, think you mentioned somewhere in the South...was it a place that was, or had nearly been left to you...Anyway..." home is where the heart is..."
" There is no present like the time "

JeanneP

Jackie.
I was thinking a few year back that I would buy a small cottage up in the Village family lived . I am from Lancashire. right on Yorkshire border. Prices pretty good back then and the Gov. was paying out for people to put in Central Heating . New bathrooms and such. Wanted to get rid of Coal and Coke burning. Its no longer allowed. Most of the property in area all stone and old. Beautiful . Just have my cousin and wife left in U.K now so no point.
Now my mother had a place for the winters down in Kent. I did love that area but she was in business up North so never did move full time to The south. My fathers mother retired to Bournmouth years ago and I stayed in that area for a month at a time when I brought my girls over. I liked that area also. Mostly retired people back then but now I hear it is sort of a wild place. Suppose lots of seaside areas are now that young people travel around.
I hope you manage to move soon as were you live seems to not be convenient for you. Have you thought of Senior living place. I moved my mum out of the store and into a nice new Flat Building. It had been built by a German Company and very convenient .it had elevators and live on site management. I could stay in one when I went to visit if Iwanted as they were not to large.
JeanneP

Domestic Goddess

When I click onto that link for the new site, all I get is the following message...

This page isn't working right now

RAMMEL

DG, - This would be the home page for this site. Note that it is  .org   -not .com
https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Domestic Goddess

Quote from: RAMMEL on March 21, 2024, 09:23:23 AMDG, - This would be the home page for this site. Note that it is  .org  -not .com
https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/

OK, and thank you for answering my question.