Random Image

A Few Steps Down

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:05:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, July 14, 2018, 11:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Soda Shoppe for July 15, 2018 

Soda Shoppe

for July 15, 2018, 2018

[attachimg=1]

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

so_P_bubble

As a freelance secretary, I type story manuscripts. When an author pays me, I print the name of the story across the top of his check. Once when I took a check to the bank, the teller suddenly froze. Only after I had explained my procedure to a bank officer did the reason for the teller's reaction become clear.

The story was called "Your Money or Your Life," and that, of course, was what I had written in bold letters across the top of the check.

so_P_bubble

While volunteering in a soup kitchen, I hit it off with a very attractive single man. It was a relief, since my mother and I always laughed
because the men to whom I was drawn were inevitably married.

So, optimistic about my chances, I asked my new friend what he did for a
living.

He replied, “I’m a priest.”

CallieOK

I'm slipping in to say Sleep well, Everyfriend, and have  pleasant dreams.

JaneS

And I'm here to say, "Stop all that dreaming and get on with your day." 

Good Morning Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well it look's Like CallieOK put us to bed. I have been puttering around a while
so I say Good Morning everyone about time to get going before it gets too hot again, we have hit 100º several days in a row. is already 73º here @5:20 A M
here. Instant weather says going for 89º and 60% chance of rain,pray for us we are very dry. we have wen't above there predictions several days in a row. Have a great day.

Lloyd.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning JaneS good to see you. Jane If i can reamber how to get your email and put a picture of the break down child's chair I made for the little ones.
It comes apart so you could take apart and lay it away flat stack out of the way.
I will send it to you and you can post it as look's like you no how to post it.I am brain dead on that how to now.

Lloyd

JaneS

LLOYD, I do NOT know how to post photos.  Bubble posted those for me!  She know how to do everything!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS well I figured out how to don't ask me how but i got your phone # off of this computer. was about ready to call you and came back here and seen your post would have been good to talk to you tho. at least i seen you are up for the day and work. Have a good one the chair i am trying to post will come apart and stack under the bed or where ever. I have got pictures on here now to figure out how to post where you all can see.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

so_P_bubble Hello Jane tells me you know how to do every thing. so if I can impose on you to tell me how or if I had your email address or phone # i could maybe figure out to send to you or call I have free long distance. I used to know how but after those head knock in 014 i can't think of hardly any thing. My email is (bluweb37 @gmail,com) all lower case

thanks Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Jane now that i have re found your Phone # I may call you some time and visit.
On the phone is almost as good as in person just can't give you a hug there.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Another cloudy morning as it was all day yesterday.  I am looking forward to a nice day today.  My main activities will be attending Sunday School and Church and then probably getting something to bring home for our main meal of the day. At this point I have no idea of whether Pat will be attending Church with me as she is still asleep.  She is really enjoying the new sheets as for the first time says she is waking up without being hot.  I accomplished nothing yesterday other than losing 4 1/2 pounds of weight after taking the first Lasix tablet yesterday morning so you know what I was doing all day long.  I will probably watch some of end of the golf tournament this afternoon.

Jane, I appreciate the help you have given me here and via email on the laundry basket matter.  The color wouldn't matter although would probably get the black or white.  Pat would probably prefer the red.  You will be counting the days soon before you see that beautiful great granddaughter at Christmas. 

Callie, I remember it being a bit of a shock when I learned we have rocks in our ears.  :)  I can see you are really grieving about me having to have a little wine at bedtime.  :)

Bubble, thanks for posting those pictures for Jane.  What a sweet baby and I bet I know who it is.  Thanks also for the new start for the week.  Those graphics great and I particularly liked the verse on the second one. 

Lloyd, I hope you get some rain today.  If I don't forget I will send you my telephone number.  However, you might want to just email your picture to Bubble as she is one of our experts here at re-posting for folks and I haven't done it in such a long time I have sort of forgotten.  As Jane said Bubble "knows how to do everything" and aren't we thankful for that. 

June, you pay for a lot of meals that you don't eat.  However, I know you often just aren't up to doing the meals for whatever reason. 

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Gosh did I pound my pillow! Didn't get up till 8:20! I was up in the night with the dogs so I guess I just played catch up. Managed to get  the laundry on the line and dried. We sure need rain here. Finished up another quilt yesterday and before bed watered the garden. Cooked the rib and made baked beans so that will be our meal today.

Today is a day of rest and I am so much looking forward to it.

Bubble, thank you for the new start page and the funnies too!

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 69° to start and overcast. Might have showers or a Tstorm later. My #1 son came over yesterday, surprise second time in less than a week. I did cook the summer squash and the small zucchini yesterday and it came out very good. Of course I could not  eat  it all so will finish it later.  He told me I can expect more later. Too bad that squash does not freeze good. Just heard that today is National Ice Cream day. Glad I have some in the freezer so I can celebrat later.

JANE  wish someone could fix my back like that  doctor fixed your Vertigo. It will be another week or 2 before local blueberries are ready. I better work on clearing food from the freezer so I have room to freeze some.

LARRY  ny daughter was telling me yest erday they had almost an inch of rain. For that area they measure by tenths of an inch so that was welcomed. I enjoyed the second visit of my son yesterday. #2 son was here Friday instead of the week end. He has things ne needed to do on the week end. Any time either one comes is a pleasure. My Windows 10 updates when I shuutdown for the night. Have no idea how long it takes because I go to bed. It shuts off when it is done.

BUBBLE  thanks for the link for Jane's photos.

JANE  how sweet little Emma is. How fast they grow.

JUNE  I know how hot is ge ts on the hird floor especially with the sun beating on this side from noon till sunset .

BUBBLE  love your graphic for our new week. Goes with the books I have been reading. My son has a collection of books by Louis L'Amour. Most all westerns. Several of his books have been made into movies. He wrote hundreds of them and I have yet to find one that I didn't like. The story about the secretary had me laughing, better be careful what we write on checks.

LLOYD  hope you get some needed rain and get rid of the hot temperatures.

AMY  I pounded my pillow last night, too. Did not sleep much Friday night and last night was in bed at 8, stll light out. Woke at almost 7 this morning, at least I do feel better now.

Have a restful Sunday.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

so_P_bubble

Quote from: Lloyd Hammond on July 15, 2018, 07:28:55 AM
so_P_bubble Hello Jane tells me you know how to do every thing. so if I can impose on you to tell me how or if I had your email address or phone # i could maybe figure out to send to you or call I have free long distance. I used to know how but after those head knock in 014 i can't think of hardly any thing. My email is (bluweb37 @gmail,com) all lower case

thanks Lloyd

Just put those photos in an email and send to me. I'll be glad to post them for you. My address is on my profile.Please put photos for S@F in the subject line, so it won't go to spam!

JaneS

I've been to church, stayed for coffee hour and my good friend, LeAnn, gave me some leftover goodies to bring home with me.  I already ate one of them.  She makes the best goodies!

Then I stopped by WM with my shopping list and my extra wooly head and got a haircut and stocked up on some stuff I need.  Now I'm in for the day.

Bubble, I worked for about 40 minutes last night trying to send a photo of Emma in her new Amish-made rocking chair and I thought I sent it to you to post.  Apparently, I sent it off into limbo because you obviously didn't get it and it's not in my sent box.  Dag Nab it!  I'll try again when I get over the mads.

Ali, my granddaughter, absolutely LOVED the chair and declared that she is positive that Emma will love it when she is aware of it.  She says it's going to become Emma's family heirloom.  That makes me happy.  I wanted her to have something that would remind her of GG regularly. 

I haven't decided how I'm going to spend today but I started watching my DVD's of "The Rat Patrol" and I'll probably watch more of that.  It's a pretty good show and was one of my favorites when it was showing regulary on TV.  Don't know what else I'll be getting into.

Enjoy your day Everyfriend!

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lindancer

Good afternoon everyone, have not been in for few days.

Thanks Bubble for getting us started again The one story reminded me of the Golden Girls. Dorothy met a man at the soup kitchen and invited him to dinner, She got all dolled up in a bright evening gown, for a big evening, when she open the door she discovered he was a priest

right now i'm trying to type one finger, while I hold a cat looking me right in the eye :)

Larry, I take Lasix also, they try to cut me to half a pill, lasted two day, as not only did my feet swell up, my legs did too,

I have had quite a week.  The hematoma filled up to the size of a golf ball with blood, so went to my primary doctor this time. he gave one look and sent me to the ER, was there 5 hours. The house doctor called in a surgeon, he said I should leave it along while it was still sealed. This was Wed. buyt come see him next week at his office. It hurts if I do not keep it up, of course on Sat. when I can't get hold of the doctor, it started to bleed, so now I have it bandaged and trying to keep it up which is not easy Still hurts

Larry,

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Carol

Gloria de:  So sorry to read about your trip to the ER.  It must have been exhausting for you.  I do hope all is under control now. 

This is one of the first cooler days in weeks with a change of rain tonight.  Normally, there is a summer monsoon time but that has been absent for quite a few years. 

The calendar isn't full this week but sure has heck, it will fill up fast.  I did get a bit of sewing in this afternoon.  It is a hobby I should drop but I do cherish that older Bernina machine.  I have an older Viking in Tucson and also a Singer Featherweight.  You would be surprised at how many machines my friends keep.  The featherweight is from the 1940's and it has a certain clickety clack sound to make it a therapeutic time for me.  Makes me think of mom. 

One grandson called and he told us he is really busy putting up windows after a hail storm - they hired him because:  he is an Eagle Scout!  He is full time school and full time work guy.  All our grands work and go to university full time - This one had to change his major because a counselor gave him wrong advice (this happens too often).   

Lloyd Hammond

Here is the stack able rocking chair I made for my grand kids. You can take it apart and put it back together by removing one piece from the back.

Lloyd Hammond

So_P_Bubble

My grandaughter came over and helped me post those pictures in here. They are there, but they are small. Thank you for offering to post those for me. If you want to see them bigger you might have to size them up. It is two pictures of the same chair, a front view and a side view.

Lloyd

JaneS

LLOYD, that looks like a cute little chair.  You would probably stack up with the Amish Carpenters.  Your grandkids have a real family heirloom!

I have clothes to put away from the dryer and dishes to put away from the dishwasher before I can relax.  Later, friends!

so_P_bubble

Posting for Lloyd

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

Amy

Good morning everyone..

No rain as of yet, they are calling for some today so pray we get a gentle all day/night one. Total fire ban on here now.

Started and finished another quilt yesterday, this was a kit that most of the cutting was already done, I did do a bit of cutting but m a8inly sewed.

We are off to the Dr this morning, he is about 40 min away and then back home, no shopping today.

Lloyd, I bet your chairs would sell like hot cakes. You did an amazing job!! A lot of work and love went into that chair.

Better scoot, need to be on the road soon and hope we don't get held up in construction!

Have a great day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I see I said I'd be back later yesterday and I wasn't.  I watched a little TV through my eyelids and then went to bed. 

Today, I'm having lunch with some friends from my old job.  That's always fun!  Then I work this evening.  That's about it for my day.  I hope you all have a lovely one...rain where needed, cooler weather where wished for and love in all your lives!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Another overcast morning with a better than 50% chance of rain though out the day.  We had a very good Sunday School class with a couple in attendance who had been members for a long time before moving a year or so ago.  A friend from Sunday School brought me a small bag of squash fresh from her garden, which was a nice surprise.  Our Church service was outstanding.  The Church was even more full than it had been the previous two Sundays with our combined service. 

On the way home I stopped at Bogangles and got something new for our lunch that we hadn't tried before.  I got Pat some Homestyle Chicken Strips with green beans and a biscuit and I got the baked chicken bites with coleslaw and a biscuit.  We both liked what we had and will be having those items again for future Sunday dinners.  I could only eat about half of the chicken bites so Pat was able to finish them up last evening.  I forgot to observe National Ice Cream Day so will try to make up for this oversight this week and the weeks ahead. 

I did finish listening to the audio book as well as finished reading the ebook and got a new audio book and a new ebook started.  I don't have anything specific on the agenda for today but may go to Walmart to pick up a couple of prescriptions for myself and a couple for Pat.  I plan on doing more reading today.

Amy, you can't beat ribs and baked beans for a meal as they go together so well.  The last two times Pat has fixed ribs, one of her favorite meat dishes, she has made them in the Instant Pot and then finished them off in the oven with BBQ sauce on them and they have been very tender and delicious.  I hope you all get some rain without the storms that you have recently had.  I am hoping for rain here today as well.

Gloria, thanks for alerting me that yesterday was National Ice Cream month.  Unfortunately, I didn't celebrate it yesterday but sure will try to make up for it in the days ahead as want to be very patriotic in this regard.  :)  I bet your daughter was surprised they got that much rain.  You had a nice weekend from the standpoint of your sons visiting with you. 

Jane, LeAnn sounds like the type of friend we all would like to have.  I don't remember the show "The Rat Patrol".  I hope you had a restful day yesterday. 

Sandy, I think I missed something as to why the woohoo? 

deAngel, the Golden Girls are still one of our favorite programs.  They always show several of the episodes every Sunday morning and there are always a few laughs in the program.  I am hoping I don't have to start taking the lasix everyday again as I have had a past problem of not having enough salt.  I hadn't realized how much my legs and feet as well as around my middle were accumulating fluid until I got some of it off. 

Carol, it is nice to look at the calendar and see it isn't full.  Neither Pat nor I have anymore scheduled appointments this week although I do have a couple of things I will do but they are not taxing.  Pat has really enjoyed here Singer Featherweight sewing machine and it stay up all the time in our sun room area.  Unfortunately, she doesn't feel up to sewing a lot of days and when she does it will be just for a short time.  It sounds like you have a very hard working family and great grand kids.   

Lloyd, that is a beautiful little rocking chair you made and such fine woodwork.  You are very talented.  I was talking with a man in our Sunday School class yesterday and found he is an artist and fine woodworker.  He showed me several pictures of big salad bowls he had made out of various woods. He has an art degree and also paints and has had shows of his work. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 71° had a loud and bright rain last night. Yes we finally got the thunderstorm the weather guessers have been predicting the past week. More in the forecast for today. No sun this AM just overcast and gloomy.

BUBBLE  looks like we will be calling you the picture lady. Remember that was what BUNNIE was called way back in SN?  I don't think I can remember how to post pictures anymore, been too long.

GLORIA de  maybe youshould have gone to the emergency again when it started bleeding. Hope you can see your doctor today.

LLOYD  the chair you made is beautiful, good finish on it, too.

BUBBLE  thanks for making Lloyds pictures larger.

JANE  I know you will enjoy lunch with your old coworkers.

LARRY  I am afraid my son will be bringing me more squash that I can eat. Of course I could share them with my CNAs or some friends here. I have ice cream in my freezer but did not have any yesterday. So much for celebrating.

Better get moving or my CNA will be her e before I get dressed for the day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

so_P_bubble thanks for the fixing of the pictures of the chair, now for a how it works. there is a tang that sticks through the bottom of back it has  letter j or small t that sticks through that. remove it and pull the seat out you can see in the picture then take the cross bar in front out lift the back out of the sides and it all stacks up in a neat pile to slide under a bed or what ever. we do not we just leave it out with the rag dolls in it for the grand children to play with when they are here. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria you slipped in on me  Hi and have a great day also.

Lloyd