Random Image

West Rutland

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:56:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of August 14

Started by JoanFL, August 14, 2016, 04:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

With having 2 big medical centres here they are alway wanting to be testing their equipment out it seems. They seem to have people taking MRI and things for the least thing.

I did got a call the other day to see if I would be interested in a test that they are now doing on some new shot which will be given to people over age 65. It replaces the yearly flu shot. But will cover other things.  Not for me. I told her happy with the one that they give us over 65s last year. Mention that I had to make sure I didn't get the one that couldn't take if had any food allergies.  So she said I couldn't take this new one they are going to try anyway.  I think I am to old to be used as a lab test  pig now.
JeanneP

JeanneP

We finely got some more rain this morning. Good but to bad for the big food and entertainment that started in town for last night and today. about 30 venders will be getting soaked through. It has stopped now so maybe will be O.K for rest of day.
Last week it was the State fair and there it rained for 3 days hard. Now they are saying that it lost a lot of money this year. Always bad when venders come from so far away and they do hire expensive entertainment.
After this weekend we most probably will not get rain again for awhile.
So today I am going to go spray about a gal. of weed kill out on my yard. Never seen so many weeds come up so tall and fast. Looks awful. Think also some  Poison Ivy out there as I got it all around my ankles. Always catch it so easy.. Stuff from Drug store not working and so I am back on the Vinegar and Baking soda wash. Also someone told me put Vicks on and it does stop the inching.
JeanneP

JoanFL

Janie--Enjoy the time you have with various family members today.

JeanneP--I didn't know you could draw SS from UK and US, too.

June--At least you got a load of laundry done and plan to go down for lunch.

Vanilla-Jackie--I guess I am confused about different insurances/payments.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Amy

Jackie, that is such a difficult job......testing tasting chocolate to make sure it is up to our standards in here....but I will tough it out and make sure I test every morsel so that we all can enjoy it.. :2funny:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

Amy, we are so lucky to have you, always thinking of ways to help us!   :thumbup:    :)   

JeanneP

Joan.  Yes. If you lived and Worked in UK then when retire no matter where you are you still can get S S from UK.  Now if I went back to UK then my SS that I get here would be Sent to me UK.  Many people go back to their countries like I know people gone back to Poland. Germany. Ireland and UK. Mexico, Mostly because their income will get you more in those countries.
Right now have 2 of my UK friends have moved to France and bought homes. Both retired now.  Their UK Pensions go much further in the South of France. Houses and everything. Usually not taxes to pay either.
JeanneP

Vanilla-Jackie

Something is telling me to send another email to Kelly...I just cant get it out of my head that he is purposely ignoring our pms and emails, that something has to be wrong....anyway having another attempt at connecting with him....been three months now he hasnt been in contact with any one of us, just doesn't make sense, even if he has gone AWOL before, there just doesnt seem to be any sense for his sudden disappearance, I have even checked on his last postings to see if he left any clues......his last posting was to me of the 16th May.......ok maybe he is just busy, but then there is no reason to ignore everyone who tries to contact him, as it proves we only care, or if it is his Internet playing up, I am sure it would be sorted by now....We just need to know that he is not ill, nor had an accident, in hospital or worse, dead....

" Hi Jackie
I am not usually up early, but busy these past few days, so the early starts mean I can get more done..."

Kelly.....
Hi Everyone
I forgo to say my internet is not  working properly!

It is on and off at times, a good part of yesterday I could not get on during the day and evening.

Kelly
" There is no present like the time "

Mary Ann

We had an interesting afternoon today - a tornado warning.  I turned on the TV and my computer and Tom watched his computer and the tornado went by us.  A friend of Tom's was married two weeks ago and they are heading for California where they will live.  They were in the SW corner of our county right where the tornado was do Tom directed him to get out of the way and come to our condo until the danger was over.  There are a lot of people without power but we were not affected.

Mary Ann

JoanFL

Amy--You are a "trooper". :)

angelface--She sure is. :)

JeanneP--Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Vanilla-Jackie--I wouldn't know how to contact Kelly if he doesn't answer emails.

Mary Ann--Tornado warnings are scary,  I know.  When we lived in Arkansas there were many warnings and actual hits with devastation in some areas.  Glad the one there skirted you.

Vanilla-Jackie

I am off to bed now, my bedtime 11.30pm.....hope to get more sleep than I did last night of 4 hours...not even caught up today just some short sleep at the computer around the afternoon....I shall say goodnight....

June Drabek

Jacquie, at my age of close to 92, I know the body is going to fail in many ways, so why try to prolong it with testing that only makes the body more weary, and gives me something to worry about. Day by day is good enough for me, in fact I am most thankful for each day the Good Lord gives me. My life span is His business, not mine.

Bis, I skipped going down for lunch. Just no energy at all, so heated up some stuff I had in my little freezer, and had some fresh fruit, and lots of good rest. I do hope I will feel better tomorrow..I want to go to Chapel services downstairs. It's all up to God.

Jackie, I am so glad you have access to emailing Kelly. I think we are all concerned for his well being.

I have to think about something for a light supper..may open a can of chicken noodle soup.. I'm sure not  hungry, but the body does require fuel, so I will oblige it.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Had a good supper and lots of laughs with the kids.  And a very handsome taxi driver brought me home....my grandson Kyle.  He's such a sweetheart!  I really love my grandkids! 

And now I'm going to go check up on the Olympics and then hit the hay early.  I wish you all a very good night and may God bless us every one.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Jeanne Lee

Pat visited Don and Bubble and has posted some of the photos she took:  HERE

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

June Drabek

Jeanne Lee, Thank you so much for the great pictures. I felt I was there in person, they are so clear, and Bubble and Don just light up the screen with their love.

Now the day has come to a close, and I am going to prepare for bed and book. Hoping tomorrow will find me fresh and ready to face the world. Have a peaceful night dear friends. I send you Love and Hugs and Prayers. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Vanilla-Jackie

JUNEDRABEK.....
.....Just took Kelly's email from his profile page.....just cant understand why the lack of communication from him, others too have tried to get in contact with no luck, guess I just feel the worst, and its that " not knowing " feeling...

June, my late father always had that philosophy that..." once they start cutting you about..." re, hospitals, he had a fear about that, and he sure was right there, re, his cancer....

As for me, I just want to stay away from med's as long as I can, unless one is to save my life....

JoanFL

A new week for Soda Shoppe begins HERE.