Random Image

Wrong Season

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of August 21

Started by JoanFL, August 21, 2016, 04:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

We are doing alright, what with Jane S our muffin's tester, and Amy our chocolate factory tester.....we sure aren't going to starve.... ;D
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good Tuesday morning, Everyfriend.   There's omelets to accompany your coffee or tea. I wish everyone a great day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Grumble

A father grumbles to his two boys as he reluctantly gets ready for an evening out:  "Other kids make their mothers too tired to want to go out -- but not you two."

Food For Thought

Looking Beyond Limitations
(Author Unknown)

There was an article in the May 5, 2000 edition of The Denver Post, written by Linda Usrey Long from the Portales News-Tribune. It is a true story about a man named Lyle Bert, age 64. Mr. Bert has an associates's, bachelor's, AND a master's degree, and hosts "The Lyle Bert Show," in Portales, New Mexico.

There is a lot more information than what is being shared here, but the main gist of the article is about how Mr. Bert was in an accident in 1965, while handling a homemade rocket that exploded. He says:

"I lost both hands, the eyesight in both eyes . . . My jaw was broken . . . My face and lips were burned. I had 124 penetration wounds in my chest and abdomen. I almost lost my right leg . . . Pieces of device went through my leg and through my abdomen. They amputated my hands . . . and I lost two-thirds of my stomach."

While speaking to the Conference on the Handicapped a few years ago (in Santa Fe, New Mexico), Lyle Bert shared something very worthy of repeating:

"A person who has no legs
can still achieve great heights;
A person who has no hands
can still grasp an idea;
A person who has no sight
can still have great vision;
And a person who can't move
can still lead."

Thought of the Day

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Mother Teresa, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein.

--Author Unknown

:smitten:

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Love the temp this morning 40° but hubby must have felt the cold and put a fire on in the cookstove. He now has to go for a CT scan and may need an operation. Gosh this is never ending in the golden years.All we can do is pray for the best.

Have a lot to catch up on it and outside the house today.

Jane, I LOVE raspberries ,raspberry anything so I will be checking of the hidey hole later today. My canes did bear but for what I picked  not worth taking up the space in my small garden. I am going to see if someone wants to dig up the canes for their garden.

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  I'll say extra prayers for your husband for the best result.  When does he go for the CT scan?  I'd have my furnace going, too, if it was only 40° here. 

JaneS

I'm a bit late getting in here today because I made the muffins as soon as I got up.  I set everything out on the counter except the milk and egg and then I went to bed.  Because of the temperature (50 overnight) I slept very well.  Anyway, muffins in the hidey hole for all the testers.  I think this recipe is a keeper.  Even a "sometime baker" like me can't ruin them. 

Forgot who it was that said the berries didn't stay whole but I was a s gentle as I could possible be and they seem to be whole.  Whatever happened in there, they sure do taste "more-ish".  I'm going to go get another one.

Make it a good day Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  I proclaim the muffins perfect.  Thanks for putting some in the hidey hole.

Lloyd Hammond

Jane I have a excuse for being late to get here also. I wake up mid nigh or up to 2 A M for a nature call and play a a checker game or two on the putter. that cause to sleep in late also. I seen where Hall was on line but he must be taking a nap,  Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  We are in for another nice mostly cloudy day with it getting up to only around 91 degrees this afternoon.  In a little bit I will leave for a dental appointment to have my teeth cleaned.  Pat was suppose to go as well but a few days ago realized she wouldn't be able to make the appointment and cancelled it for now.  The rest of the day I will do some cooking, making some more sausage muffins for Pat, some macaroni salad for me and some other things for supper.  We are going to put some chicken in the crock pot.  I will stop at Aldi's on the way home from the dentist to pick up some fresh vegetables as they go quickly. 

Microsoft did an automatic major update on Pat's laptop and it has really messed things up.  The keyboard doesn't want to work and it is putting in a notification message about every second saying the security is turned on and yet when I look at that in the control panel it assures me everything i fine.  I haven't a clue about what to do and so will wait until Scott is here tomorrow evening and see if he has any ideas.  I saw something yesterday that millions of computers have been adversely impacted by this update.  Not good.

Mary Ann, I should have said an electrical strip surge protector rather than an extension cord.  Thanks for mentioning this.

June, I liked your Sarah Young and have copied it for my file of devotional material I may use when I bring the devotional for my Sunday School class. I remember that Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez movie.  It was just pure fun.

Joan, I will never be a gourmet cook but like you dad hope what I fix is nourishing.  Did you really get down to 40 degrees last night.  It didn't get below the mid-70's here last night. 

Callie, like you husband I also went pretty much straight from living at home having my mother's cooking (even while I attended college) to getting married about six weeks after graduating and starting to work.  I was staying in a hotel during that time and sure I had to eat my meals out. 

Amy, it seems it is a never ending series of appointments and medical procedures for you husband.  Do hope he doesn't face further surgery. 

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Ah, the smell and taste of warm fresh muffins with a good cup of coffee.  Thank you Janie.

Joanie, top of the morning to you.  Hope you have a good day.

Amy, yep! life is grand in the golden years.  I too have to pay a visit to my Urologist this afternoon.  I cant wait...... :uglystupid2:

Lloyd I just sat down at the puter.  Just turned it on about 15 mins ago.
Hope your day goes well.

Off to get coffee.

JaneS

I had all the stuff ready to make salsa so I went ahead and set it cooking.  It's now in the canner and I'm going to go get a shower and get ready for work while it processes.

Glad you like the muffins.  I think I'll make another batch and freeze them in singles.  Maybe I'll try freezing one first and see how it is when it thaws.  I think a short zap in the microwave will be good for them.  The ones I ate were slightly warm and sooooo good!  What do you think of the streusel topping?

JoanFL

Good morning, Lloyd.  Sorry your night's sleep was broken up.

Larry--Good morning.  It wasn't 40° here--it was 80° when I got up.  I was commenting on Amy saying it was 40° where she lives.  That's too bad that the update messed up Pat's computer.  Maybe you and Scott together can get it running properly.

Janie--Yummy--salsa!!  The streusel topping on the muffins was tasty.

Jeanne Lee

Janie's streusel topped raspberry muffins are super special.  Being cyber, of course, I don't need to worry about those pesky seeds getting under the dentures!  Just slightly warm and dripping with butter...  MMMMMM

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, Jeanne Lee.  I hope you are feeling better day by day.  I have the same problem with seeds.

June Drabek

Good Morning, Dear Hearts and Gentle People…another lovely song.

Larry, I am so happy you found Sarah Youngs statement so worthy. I have her book, Jesus Calling, a page for each day. I am on my third reading of the same book, as I find it so worthwhile.

Hal, you sound very chipper this morning, and that makes me happy. I hope all goes well at the urologist today.

Janie dear, you too…sounding "chipper" today. Thanks be to God that your life is going so well. Does your kitchen ever get a chance to cool down and rest ?

Jeanne and Bis…..no seeds at all for me, I  don't have dentures, but a stomach that bleeds from seeds, nuts, all berries, but there is so much other good stuff I can have.

Bis, I was going to buy a whole bunch of stuff from Amazon..like heavy duty emery boards for my toenails, and saline nose drops, etc. but everything comes in too high a count. When would I ever use up 10 emery boards ? I guess I'll have to ask Dori to do some shopping for me.

Oh, my, it is after nine already..I must eat some breakfast, and get down to our basement store to snoop at their stuff before they close at 10.  Bye………
As long as we are here, let's dance.

CallieOK

Good Morning,
I feel as if I've been in a whirlwind since 5:00 yesterday afternoon!

Time line:
5:20   Great niece arrived home from the all day workshop.
5:30   Ellen and mother arrived.
5:40   Ellen's Dad arrived.
I had put pork roast/sweet potatoes in the slow cooker and began, with Ellen's help, to get the rest of the dinner ready.
Just as we were ready to sit down,  Great-niece's mother arrived.  (I knew she was going to be spending the night - but didn't know when she would get here)

She came in the door talking  :smiley6600:, was talking when Ellen and parents left  :smiley6600:  - still talking when I bid her/gr-niece goodnight at 1030  :smiley6600: ......and came out this morning talking!  :smiley6600:

9:10 a.m. this morning   Gr-niece's mom left.
9:20   Gr-niece left for today's workshop session.

Gr-niece told me that Ellen is coming back this evening and they are going "out".  If they want dinner here, it will be Fridge Fallout!!!!!!

When I came home from the hairdresser's, it was raining just enough to mess up the windshield.  Obviously, I haven't had time to see a forecast but it's o.k. with me if it rains all day.
  I plan to be very :sealedlips: all day - except for having a streusel muffin,  also warm and dripping with butter!

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a lovely day.

JoanFL

June--When ordering from Amazon, there are things that come in big quantities.  Those type of things I get at the drug store.  What do they sell in your basement?

Callie--I'd say great niece's mother is a big talker.:)  There certainly is lots of activity at your house.

CallieOK

Yes there is, Joan.   25 years ago, that was the norm - but I'm certainly out of the loop these day!!!

Lindancer

GHood afternoon, on another delightful day, Windows all open,

Joan wish I could send you some of this weather.

Amy prays for your husband

I am still tired from my outing yesterday. I miss some one helping me putting the groceries in the car, and then out of the car when I got home.  My next door neighbor said I should have called her to bring them in. As long as I can I will do it slowly myself. To day , I went out on the deck, had my coffee and read the paper.  Just set and relaxed, could not believed.  when I looked at my watch it was noon and I still was not dressed.  I just enjoyed setting there watching the birds in the feederand birdbath.

June glad to see you getting around.  Love your atitude.
by the way I do the best I can with spelling, I still wish we had spell check.

Jackie, a while back you ask me who Jesse is,  He is my gson, who had to have emerency surgery on his back, as he lost the use of his left leg.  He was in ICU10 days, in the hospital nearly a month and then went to rehab, after there a while he has been transfered to another hospital. He has had a lot  of set backs, but now he can stand, but not walk.  The last I heard.

Larry, I keep getting a notice to update my browser on Yahoo, but the man who takes care of my PC, said do not do anything.  All I do now is come in here to see my friends and play games.  He said leave well enough alone.  I still have Vista

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Bis, our Basement store is called Bargains and Blessings, and is run by one  of the employees. It contains anything and almost everything, it is like a Rummage Room. I have donated several things to them as others have done. Every item sold there costs a dollar or less. I bought two small bowls, and a new crossword puzzle book. She charged me 1.00 for the three items. I gave her 2.00. I would love to work there, but I cannot promise to be programed, as I have said to others that need volunteer workers, I never know, till I wake in the morning what I will be able to do. Some days I find I have to be near my bed, if not in it. Age is catching up to me. We also have a little one room store that carries all sorts of notions, candies, sodas, etc. All new and store priced. I will go down soon, and check it out for things I need.

Gloria de. Somedays are great, and the past two have been fine, so far. I think it is just wonderful that you had that nice quiet time on your deck, watching the birds, and just enjoying your peace and quiet. That is the way we should all try to do now. we should forgot what we would like to do, or think we have to do, and just let go, and let God. He gave us life to enjoy his world, and that is what you have done. Congratulations girl.

Now I must water the few plants I have, which I usually water on Mondays…..this is Tuesday isn't it ????
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Vanilla-Jackie

GLORIA D........
....thank you for explaining, re, your g- son Jess....What a terrible time he has had to endure, so many set - backs...I can only apologise again that I hadnt been following re, his lengthy recovery journey, he sounds a fighter that is not only going to stand but, determined he will be walking again....He is now due a spell of good luck, about time he gets his reward...

HALKEL.......
.......Gynaecologists, Urologists.....this is where our dignity flies out the window.....no time for embarrassment....  :-[  hoping you receive the positive feedback you are looking for.....

JoanFL

Callie--Things change as time goes by.

Linedancer--How nice that the weather is pleasant enough for you to sit out.  I have a big screened in porch, but it's so hot and humid I can't sit out there.

June--Great that there's a bargain store and a notions store right there on the premises.

Hi Vanilla-Jackie.

Mary Ann

My e-mail has been hacked and some people have received a message from me including a link.  I did not send the e-mail message so if any of you have received a message from me, or get one in the future, I have not contacted any S&F friends recently. 

Check my address on the e-mail vs the one in my file - the fake e-mail has an address with quixnet.net.  Not me!

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee

Thanks for the heads up, Mary Ann.  :thumbup:

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

JaneS

It also doesn't sound like Mary Ann.  The grammar is atrocious.  That's what tipped me off.

As you can see, I'm home from work and NOT rarin' to go!  I think the sofa is actually HOLLERING my name right now.  I bet it's loaded with zzzs just waiting for me to collect them.  If I do nap, it won't be for long because I think that might be why I'm not sleeping so well at night.

For the first time since I started working at WM, my feet hurt and they hurt about half way to my knees.  I'm not going to do anything that involves standing for the rest of the day.

Gloria de, I haven't commented much about Jess but I want you to know that he is in my prayers daily.  And I KNOW that prayers are answered.  It doesn't matter who prays or how we pray, He is always listening.

OH! OH!  I just glanced out in the hall and a whole herd of zzzs are on their way in here to drag me to the sofa!  BBL

halkel

Well Jackie I am back home from my apmt and and of course more ultra-sounds.
I had a good, long conversation with the doctor about several things that had been bothering me.  He answered lots of questions and explained some things I wasn't sure of or confused about.

He wanted me to have another ultra-sound and when I went to make the appointment the appointment person told me you have orders for two ultra-sounds.  One order by one doctor and the other by another (different) doctor.
And then he told me problem is on the same thing but different type of test.
One I have to be fasting and the second I have to have a full bladder.  Oh, Happy Days, so now I have an appointment either with a doctor or ultrasound
for five days running. (In September)

If seeing medical people keeps you alive, then I guess I am going to live forever. I am tired and we are going to IHOP for supper with my daughter.  I told my SIL I will drive.  I must have walked for 1/2 mile at least this afternoon. Well, walking is kinda stretching it, I was moving at a slow crawling pace.

Vanilla-Jackie

HALKEL......
......I do very much sympathise, this full or empty bladder lark, is easier said than done......At least some answers to your worrying questions have been answered today.... Like busses Halkel, you wait for a month for your ultrasound, then two come along together....Halkel, if we dont laugh, we would only cry......Well at least I got my ultra sound out the way, unless they have any other plans, re, my next outing..... Of course I am still awaiting my Urologist app, only 2 & a half more months to go...." oh happy days....."

JoanFL

Mary Ann--Thanks for telling us.   I haven't received  that email, but I'll be on the alert.

Hi Jeanne Lee.

Janie--You've been on your feet a lot lately.  You need to go and collect those zzz's.

halkel--I know all those tests are annoying, but we want you as well as you can be.

Vanilla-Jackie--Well said.

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan.....I missed saying a good morning, or a good afternoon to you, but I am saying a goodnight, it is now 11.15...  :sleep:

Carol

Oops, I must have shut the oven temp off when I shut off the timer.  There are two loaves of grated carrot/walnut bread baking.  I will put a scoop of sherbet next to a slice with a choice of ice tea or a mixed ice tea of fruits.  This is for the quilt group tonight but you can drop in for a visit. 

Just hung up the phone and chatted with a friend who moved to North Carolina.  Everything is ready in the house for the quilters - good lighting a chairs all set the way they like.  It is cool enough so we don't have to run the A/C. 

Amy:  thinking good thoughts for you regarding your husbands scheduled scan. 

JaneS

Well, the zzzs that ganged up on me actually chased me to the bedroom.  Or maybe it was the dogs.  I went in there to change my clothes and both dogs followed me and settled on the bed with plenty of room left for me.  So I obliged.  I slept about an hour and I felt much better when I woke up.

I'm going to go watch a National Geographic special on The Grand Canyon.  My Texas daughter will be watching it at the same time and we're going to remember our trip there together with the rest of the girls a couple years ago.

I'm glad you enjoyed the muffins.  I think I'll try a piece of Carol's bread while I watch my show.  Thanks Carol.  Gonna go get my jammies on before the show begins.

Good Night Everyfriend!  God bless us every one!