Random Image

PHOTOBOMBER

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:27:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of August 28

Started by JoanFL, August 28, 2016, 04:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend.  There's breakfast burritos to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely “Dinner Guests” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Sociology Class

In my sociology class, we were instructed to write down answers to some questions the teacher was asking.

"Next question," announced the instructor. "How would you like to be seen by the opposite sex?"

I was thinking about my answer when the young woman next to me turned and asked, "How do you spell 'intellectual?'"

Food For Thought
Look to Jesus

By John Kuperus
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 45:22-25

Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:22
Growing up in a Christian family in which his father was a minister, Charles Spurgeon reported that he thought highly of his own good character, but he eventually realized that he wasn’t truly convicted of his sin until he reflected on all he had been taught about the Ten Commandments. Sometime later, one Sunday in the 1850s, when Spurgeon was on his way to church in a snowstorm, he was unable to reach his church and decided to attend a Methodist chapel along the way. Only twelve people were there. No minister was present. Eventually a poor man went up to the pulpit, opened the Bible to Isaiah 45:22, and read, “Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth.”
Then, describing Jesus, the man preached, “Look unto me; I am hanging on the cross. Look: I am dead and buried. Look unto me; I rise again. Look unto me; I ascend; I am sitting at the Father’s right hand.” He went on for a few minutes till he noticed Charles, a stranger in the audience, and said, “Young man, you look very miserable. And you will always be miserable . . . if you do not obey the text. . . . Look to Jesus Christ. Look!”
A cloud lifted for Charles. He looked to Jesus, his heart was transformed, and he went on to become a remarkable preacher for the rest of his life.
It sounds so simple. But what Jesus had to do for us was incredibly difficult. It’s all about God’s unfailing love and grace. Will you look to Jesus?
Lord, we look to you, for salvation is from you and you alone. We praise you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Thought of the Day

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

~ Isaac Asimov

:smitten:

junee

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY. JOAN

Vanilla-Jackie

" There is no present like the time "

Shirley

:hb2:  :hb3:   Joan has a birthday!  Joan has a birthday!  Happy Birthday, Dear Joanie~   :hb3: :hb2:

Wishing you a busy day of celebrating, with phone calls and cards from all your loved ones.

JaneS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JOANIE,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Since I can't carry a tune in a bucket, you'll have to supply the music for your Happy Birthday song.  Hope your day is a joy to behold!
[/color]

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Happy Birthday to you Joan :hb2: may your day be as special as you are!!!

Good morning everyone..

Another muggy day here and yes Hal it can get muggy here. Just doing nothing will bring on a sweat!

A day of rest here.and the weather guessers are calling for a thunderstorm.

Phyllis, love the Dinner Guests!

Joan, thank you for breakfast and have a wonderful day.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Thank you, Junee.

Good morning Vanilla-Jackie.  Thank you for the birthday graphic.  It's perfect with the little girl and penguin.

Shirley--Good morning and thank you.  I've received a bunch of snail mail and email cards and am sure the phone calls will come later.

Good morning, Janie.  Your singing sounded great to me.  Thank you.

Amy--Good morning.  Thank you for the nice birthday wishes.   It's muggy and hot and humid already here--typical FL weather.

halkel

Happy Birthday Dear Joanie, you are one special lady to all of us.  May your ever wish be fulfilled and you get double cake and ice cream.
:hb3:                  :hugs:

Got to get a move on.....church time

And top of the morning to you all.

Joy

Good morning.

Happy Birthday, Joan.  I hope you will have a nice day and a wonderful year ahead.  Hope that you will get lots of birthday wishes.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a beautiful Sunday morning here in South Carolina.  According to the forecast it is suppose to get to only 88 degrees today but we usually exceed the prediction by two or three degrees.  This will be a typical Sunday for me as am ready to go to Sunday School and Church.  I will bring something home for our main meal of the day and spend the rest of the day resting and quietly. 

Yesterday was a pretty quiet day.  I did make the trip down to the church to deliver something to the ladies making the pillows and then went down to the cafe to see if any of the guys came there on Saturday for coffee.  I asked the waitress and she said they did not so I didn't stay. 

June, I asked Pat if she had ever heard of the self threading needles and she had not. 

JaneS, are you suppose to sweep under the refrigerator?  :)  The refrigerator with wheels on them make it much easier to do that job although it is not something fun to do. 

Patricia, interesting information on the disclaimer at the end of movies. 

Shirley, we sing the old and familiar hymns in our Sunday School class and most often in church.

Joan, I hope this is a special day for you as you celebrate your Birthday.  Happy Birthday. 

I didn't make many comments today as need to read over my Sunday School lesson.  Be back tomorrow.

phyllis

I hope it will be a very good day for you, Joan.

Slept so good last night and woke up to a cloudy day.  I hope it will rain just as much as we need and it will lower the temperature a little, too.

Be back later.....I think.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Jeanne Lee

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

CallieOK

:hb2:  :hb3: Joan  :hb2:

"The Week That Was" is done.

Great-niece was a delight to have as a house guest and I enjoyed getting to know her better.

Miss Ellen's parents/other grandmother/I went to Tulsa on Friday to see her in "Will Rogers Follies" that night - stayed overnight - and saw her in "Oklahoma" Saturday afternoon.
Both grandmothers shared a hotel room with mutual granddaughter Emily and her friend, who had driven over from OSU in Stillwater.  We laughed so hard we expected Emily's parents in the room next door to be knocking on the wall!
Ellen met all of us for brunch on Saturday.

"Ah'm plum tuckered out"!!! and am now going to hibernate until further notice....or, at least, until Tuesday.  ;)

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a lovely day.

Mary Ann

Joan, Happy Birthday and may you have many, many more.

:hb2:

Mary Ann

JoanFL

Good morning, halkel and thank you.  A neighbor baked me a cake, and I have a gallon of lactose free chocolate ice cream.

Joy--Good morning and thank you.  All you folks are so kind.

Good morning, Larry.  My housekeepers clean under my refrigerator.  Thanks for the "Happy Birthday".

Phyllis--Good morning.  Glad you slept well.  Thanks so much for the pretty birthday graphic.

Good morning Jeanne Lee and thank you.

Callie--Good morning.  Wow!!  You have been a busy lady.  Thanks for the birthday wish.

Good morning, Mary Ann.  Thanks so much.

June Drabek

Bis, dear good friend. I pray you have a beautiful day of happy remembrance of past Birthdays, and I pray you have many, many yet to come. You are so needed by so many of us. What a nice neighbor you have, nothing like a home baked cake and ice cream made that you can enjoy. YAY !!!!! I am so thankful to God for your friendship dear Bis. Big hugs coming your way.  :smitten: June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

:congrats:Dear Joan HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and many more.  How nice your neighbor baked a cake.  We thank you for making our day.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lindancer

Good morning, started out as such a pleasant day.  Tried to set on the porch and read my paper and have my coffee, but a yellow jack would not leave me alone. then I felt something on my arm, it was a tiny black musquito. I had just finished reading in the paper that tiger mousquitos are on LI and the bite is dangerous.

Lloyd, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, i AM SORRY i AM A LITTLE LATE, BUT THE THOUGHTS ARE THE SAME.

DON, I THOUGHT OF YOU THIS AM, WHEN I WAS WATCHING CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING, AS THEY SHOWED A SANTA CLAUSE CONVENTION IN BRANSON, IT WAS VERY INTERESTING.  ONE MAN HAD BEEN PLAYING SANTA FOR 47 YEARS.

LARRY, I STILL LIKE THE OLD HYMMS NOW THEY HAVE STARTED USEING THE NEW BOOK, BUT EVERY ONCE IN THE WHILE THE PASTER AS WHAT HYMM WOULD YOU LIKE TO SING, WHEN THE SING IN THE GARDEN, IT ALWAYS BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES, AS THAT WAS MY MARKS FAVORITE.

MY NEIGHBOR WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL YESTERDAY, HE PASSED OUT IN THE SHOWER, AND WAS HAVING CONVULSIONS. TO DAY THE DOGS SAY HE HAD TAKEN TO MUCH IBUPTOFEN, FOR HIS BACK PAIN.  HE AND HIS WIFE ARE TWO OF MY NEIGHBORS THAT TAKE SUCH GOOD CARE OF ME.

wE HAVE PATRICIA BACK, I WILL BE GLAD TO SEE GLORIA POSTING AGAIN.

i AM GOING TO TRY TO GO OUTSIDE AND FIMISH MY READING. HUG TO ALL IN NEED

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

I love Phyll's graphic this week - I'm for the birds!

Mary Ann

Joy

Oh, Joan.   Sounds like you are well fixed with cake and CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.    Does the little hidey-hole have a freezer in it.  If it does, then could you please share a little bit of your birthday goodies????    LOL

Joy
BIG BOX

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JoanFL

Good morning, June.  Thanks for the birthday wishes and hugs.

Linedancer--Good morning and thank you.  Those bees and mosquitoes are real pests.  Hopefully you were able to return to your porch and resume reading the paper.  That's too bad about your neighbor.

Joy--Yes, there is a freezer in the hidey hole.  I'll put cake and ice cream in there.

Thank you, Sandy.

Radioman34

My life is back to normal now---more or less :D
Happy birthday Joan.
Lindancer you reminded of how soon the Season is fast approaching. I better get out my suit in preparation.

JeanneP

I wish all refridgerators would be about 5 inch up from the floor. Could then clean more. I had wood floors put down last year and what a mess under mine when they moved it. I think that my last one was on small Wheels or casters . it was heavy moving but it would.  this on doesn't seem to have any on it. Hard to get behind it also. They say should clean coils back there.
Only place gets clean on mine in the tray under the bottom.
Quite nice here today. It was the Corn Festival Th. Fri.Sat.  Got rained out Th. Fri. Sat. was O.K after about 11am. To bad not on today.
I will head for Japan house and gardens soon. A big Japanese Festival there today. Always a big crowd.
JeanneP

JaneS

I'm home from work and too tired to think.  I just had my noon meal at almost 3:00p.m.  and now I'm ready for my 2 o'clock nap.  Sounds like you are all having an OK day and that's my plan for after my nap.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Radioman--Back to normal?  Has Bubble left?  Thanks for the birthday wish.

JeanneP--My refrigerator pulls out, but I don't do it.  The housekeepers do.

Janie--You don't usually work on Sunday, do you?  I hope you can get some zzzs.

Radioman34

JoanFL Yes, Bubble arrived back in Israel on Friday.

angelface555

Chia

Hello Joan..Since I rarely make an appearance on your site, I nevertheless want to wish you a Happy Birthday with all wishes for a happy and healthy year....