Random Image

Valentine, 2017

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Today at 17:21:56
JeanneP: I am trying to get into the Archives of the Recipes that where moved over from Senior net few years ago, Can't find them

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

Follow That Name

Started by Kelly, March 29, 2016, 09:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Frederick Grant Banting

Sir Frederick Grant Banting KBE MC FRS FRSC (November 14, 1891 – February 21, 1941) was a Canadian medical scientist, physician, painter, and Nobel laureate noted as the co-discoverer of insulin and its therapeutic potential.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

James Grant - Scottish novelist

JaneS

James Joyce novelist, teacher and literary critic

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

so_P_bubble

James Ward - British painter and engraver

MarsGal

Ward Bond, an actor I will forever remember from my cowboy movie cluttered childhood, but especially from the TV show, Wagon Train.

so_P_bubble

Mary Ward - gifted scientist, author and artist

MarsGal

Stephen Thomas Ward, a person central to what became known as The Profumo Affair, he introduced John Profumo to Christine Keeler and provided a place for them to meet. He was also friends with a known Russian intelligence operative, which MI6 tried to exploit.

Amy

Stephen Edwin King

Stephen Edwin King is an American author of horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

MarsGal

Luther Burbank was one of our most famous US Botanists.

so_P_bubble

Luther Brown=
CHOREOGRAPHER

Amy

James Joseph Brown

James Joseph Brown (May 3, 1933 – December 25, 2006) was an American singer-songwriter, dancer, musician, record producer and bandleader. A progenitor of funk music and a major figure of 20th-century music and dance, he is often referred to as the "Godfather of Soul."
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

James Galway, Irish virtuoso flute player from Belfast, nicknamed "The Man with the Golden Flute".

MarsGal

James Joyce, novelist. Another famous Irishman.

Amy

James Knox Polk

James Knox Polk was the 11th President of the United States. Polk was born in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

John Knox, Scottish minister,theologian, and a Reformation leader. Founded the Presbyterian Church of Scotland.

JaneS

John DeereInventor, founder of John Deere corporation

so_P_bubble

John Denver - American singer-songwriter, actor, activist and humanitarian.

MarsGal

Denver Dell Pyle, actor.

Amy

James William Denver

Politician, soldier ,lawyer and esteemed actor.
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Robert "Bob" Osbourne Denver, actor.

JaneS

Ozzy Osbourne heavy metal musician and singer

Amy

Ozzie Williams

Actor, Rapid Fire
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Andrew Williams - author

MarsGal

Andrew Lang, was a poet and novelist as well as a collector of folk and fairy tales.

so_P_bubble

Andrew Pyper - Canadian writer

JaneS

Andrew Carnegie American businessman and philanthropist

so_P_bubble

Andrew Newell Wyeth - painter

MarsGal

Newell Convers Wyeth, artist and illustrator and Andrew's father.

Andrew is my sister's favorite artist. She has several prints of his paintings hung at her house. I, on the other hand, like N.C. Wyeth for his book illustrations. We have both been down to the Brandywine Museum to seek their works displayed. The last time, I was lucky enough to be there when they were featuring N.C.'s original cover art paintings. This one has a special place in my heart, from Treasure Island which was the first Robert Lewis Stevenson book I read as a child and the first time I encounterd N. C. Wyeth's work.  http://www.toughton.com/books/treasure/blindpew.htm [size]

Amy

James Browning Wyeth

Contemporary  American realist painter
Jimmy Dean