Random Image

prospect.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

FlaJean...
...I would be more than happy sitting outside in your front garden amongst your birds and all your birdfeeders, the flowers are also a delight to look at...all looks so tranquil and peaceful...I did have a bamboo wind-chime, it got broken but you have reminded me to online order a replacement, just need to now think how and where I can place it....
" There is no present like the time "

FlaJean

Thanks, Jackie.  Sometimes we need that little time out to rest and enjoy the soothing sound of some chimes.

Larry took a few photos.  He finally got his nose out of his mystery books. :) They are good closeups and I made another little video.

https://vimeo.com/344630052

Amy

Jean, love the look on the sparrow!! He doesn't look too happy with others about. The Jays are fun to watch but oh so messy, the only saving grace for them is the food they drop the doves get. Thank you for sharing.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Jean, what a nice video.  Those sparrows do get around, don't they?  I think they are about the only birds we see around here, however, I should correct that because I know I have a song sparrow nest in the framework beneath my deck and I hear them every day.  I can't see them because I don't go downstairs to the patio.  I'm not sure whether we have had blue jays around or not; I had them in another house and they let me know when I was too close to the nest!

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Jean - I love your video!  It was very relaxing for me, to sit and listen to those chimes, while enjoying your beautiful garden!  You did a great job with your plantings, and the bird area is charming!  That must be either Mr. or Mrs. Bluebird?

so_P_bubble

Posting for Shirley

One photo shows the back of the RV & how close that water is... another is of early sunrise showing red on the background mountain & another is trying to show how high the water splashed as it hit the big rocks

MtP3.jpg

MtP1.jpg

MtP2.jpg

Amy

Shirley, that looks so peaceful. Falling asleep to the sound of the water and wake to the song of the birds. What a wonderful time/trip you had.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I was there in spirit but I wish I'd been there in person.  It looks so peaceful and so peace giving!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Thank you so much for resizing & posting, Bubble.... the photos look so much better when you do it than me (without PSP, I am distraught).  The quality of the new SD SanDisk Ultra cards does NOT compare with the SanDisk Extreme used before, I could see such a difference on the full size straight on & out of the camera. Lesson learned.. but I bought 2 of the 32 GB ones.  :tissue:

Jean & Larry, I took time to go back & view the sparrow & jay.... must say, I think both birds were at MY feeder a few weeks ago (I know, they really don't migrate). Great job, colors so vivid.  What camera & card is that?  Wish I was smart enough to know how to resize video, had some good ones on the iPod of the splashing water but they are too large to fly through the wi-fi. Jack tried to tell me but this old lady needs the "show-me" system. We do what we can, right?

Thanks for the comments Amy & Jane.... was a wonderful week but went way too fast. We were trying to count how many years we camped (all over that campground in different sites).... The first few years we stayed in the campground on higher, same NF district but called Cascade. The water/Chalk Creek, was on the other side of the road so campgrounds were developed where needed. My sons were 12 & 14 first time I took them camping alone (Dad was never a happy camper, but did take us out the first time to another campground). Anyway, the boys are now in mid & late 50s and think they are taking ME.... I let them think that but they know I've gone by myself all the years before Cas died & even since. Not as much fun as when they are along, but get a lot more rest by myself. The water was super high this year and still lots of snow on up to melt!

Mary Ann

Shirley, I'm not much of a camper, but would have gone if someone had asked me.  Your location sounds so peaceful and restful.

One year Tom's mother and I took a tent camper to a park on the Muskegon River north of here.  Of course, three little boys went with us.  One day it poured so hard and Joyce and I tried to hold up our awning with a couple of poles.  Eventually, we gave that up.  Nevertheless, we had a good time.  A friend came along with the houseboat to give us a ride and that was fun.  That must have been about 1963 when the boys would have been 4, 6 and 7.  It wasn't quiet there, but it was fun.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

Love your pictures, Shirley.  It looks so peaceful.

Lloyd Hammond

well reading about Shirley's camping out, make's me think about the hot days like as of now, I would as of about 6-7 years ole, take a blanket and fold it and lay it out on the front porch Lay on it buck naked. we thought nothing of running around the yard in just our underwear. but getting older we learn since of pride thank god. I even get dressed first thing  now after a good morning shower. but as a child we had no running water. we most usually either took what we called a spit bath with a wash pan of warm water and wash rag or i full bath in a tub of reins water left from wash day,second tub was not soppy. now day's we have running water and hot water heaters. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

FlaJean If you don't mined tell me where you live, your picture looks familiar to me,

Lloyd

Marilyne

Shirley - I loved looking at that raging river!  Do you or your sons do any fishing?  Looks like a river that would have plenty of mountain trout.

FlaJean

Lloyd, we live on the outskirts of a little town called Niceville.  We live very close to Eglin Air Force Base so if you were in the military you might be familiar with this area of the Florida Panhandle.

Denver

SHIRLEY, 💗💗 the pictures of your camp and so wish I could have visited with you and seen this in person!  Thank you for sharing them and thank you, BUBBLE for posting them for her. 
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

Thanks for all the nice comments about Chalk Creek.... Yes, Marilyne, plenty trout but only one caught (with camera proof!)  Most expensive fish ever brought in, for sure. I bought the boys fishing licenses for the week..... (my insistence) and offered to cook & eat all they brought back. They really didn't want to clean them, okay to fish & throw back but they didn't like actually killing them. They love to fish..... week went way too fast.

Mary Ann, our first camper was like a big tent on wheels. The top was about 8x10 that opened out & had to attach legs on each side, full size bed on each side/ mattresses stored on the floor when closed. I put in another mattress so I could sleep on the floor & a son on each side. We all learned quick that nothing could touch the canvas because it would pull water in like a wick. The canvas didn't leak so I don't know why everything got wet. I just did a Google for Appleby camping trailer & brought up photos of our little camper. It had nothing else inside so we took a Coleman 2 burner cook stove & I found a "sink" that was plastic with a circle around it that held 5 gallons of water. A little hand pump put water in the sink & a drain plug in the bottom let the water out a hose to the ground. Worked fine for cleaning up & brushing teeth. It was fun to figure better ways to do things for a week in the woods.

Mary Ann

Shirley, I'm not sure our camper would have had room for any thing extra than clothes and necessities, but I'm not sure.  I remember that Norm hauled the trailer to the park and got us set up, but he was working so went back home and to work.  The boys were all young, probably less than 10.  For me, it was a fun week.  I think there was something to cook on, but we must have had a cooler and who knows what else!

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble

Shirley's photos reminded me on how I enjoyed camping in the wild and we did for over 15 years every July.
Unfortunately the photos -then with my box Kodak- are of such a bad quality...

This was our first tent for two
Kinneret10.jpg

Kinneret03.jpg  our two rooms tent - family size

Kinneret01.jpgKinneret04.jpg

so_P_bubble

In that last photo you can see the "cupboard" we made from shelves and netting hanging from a pole, against the flies.

Ben had his own cooking spot

Kinneret07.jpg

Kinneret05.jpg

Kinneret06.jpgKinneret08.jpg

so_P_bubble

This was on the shore of lake Kinneret ( Sea of Galilee).  The children were being very creative with recycling and using old plastic bottles, bark, paper to build little boats.

Kinneret02.jpg

Mary Ann

If I have any pictures, I don't know where they are.  But it is nice to see how others camped.  With our family (Mother, Dad, Norm, me) in the '30s, people at church had cottages, primitive cottages, and we would use them.  One I remember had fabric for the bedroom doors, unfinished ceilings, outhouse, a kitchen I don't remember, but we made do and we would swim, Dad would catch fish sometimes.  We loved it.  Another was at Grand Haven, way away from the beach, we had to walk up many steps from the parking area to the cottage which had six bedrooms, an inside bath, a gas stove that you had to put quarters in the meter to use.  Our Sunday School class used to rent it over the Memorial Day holiday and we'd go to the beach and bake.  After one year of sunburn, my dad told me that I could get the same effect by putting my arm in the oven and somehow or other that hit home because I no longer sunbathed. 

Mary Ann

Radioman34

Here are some pics of the residence where I Live. Details to follow.

Chartwel front.jpg

Radioman34

This is one of 3 gazebos on the grounds

gazebo.jpg 

Radioman34

grounds2.jpg

flowers.jpg

flowers2.jpg

Radioman34

Mary Ann

Don, that looks like a lovely place to live and relax.  I hope they treat you well.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Don...
...I love how it is so lush and green but...I would not like being overlooked by that high - rise building...
" There is no present like the time "

FlaJean

Enjoyed seeing all the photos.  That's a lovely looking area, Don.  

Sandy

Thanks for all the greAT pictures...
Don, So P,  and Shirley !!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan