Random Image

Pray for Ukraine

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe April 2, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 02, 2017, 10:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeanne Lee

Another of Phyllis' beautiful creations.  :)

Chuckles....

*Things I've Learned From My Children*
01.  A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq.  foot house 4 inches deep.

02.  If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

03.  A 3-year-olds voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

04.  If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a superman cape.  It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.

05.  You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.  When using the ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit.  A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

06.  The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

07.  When you hear the toilet flush and the words "Uh-oh," it's already too late.

08.  Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

09.  A six-year-old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year-old man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.  Certain Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a four-year-old.

11.  Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.

12.  Super glue is forever.

13.  No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on
water.

14.  Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.  VCR's do not eject PB&J sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16.  Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.  Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.  You probably do not want to know what that odor is.

19.  Always look in the oven before you turn it on.  Plastic toys do not like ovens.

20.  The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.

21.  The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22.  It will however make cats dizzy.

23.  Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.  The mind of a six-year-old is wonderful.

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Jeanne Lee

Joan, if you have a chance to check in, PLEASE HURRY AND GET WELL!     :smitten:

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Looks as if I'm first on the new list - so I'll start by sending  :balloons:  from all of us to Joan - along with wishes for a speedy recovery.

I've had An Adventure!

About 5:30 last evening,  #2 granddaughter called.  She was on her way from OSU to dog-sit overnight for her aunt/uncle, who had gone to a wedding in Tulsa.
She was anxious about the possible stormy weather and quickly agreed when I asked if she'd like to have a "roomie" for the night.
She picked me up and we stopped for burgers and fries on our way to the " :dog2: house" .

Moose and Joe were delighted to see us and decided that I needed "close" companionship.   ::)  Once we settled that Lab is NOT spelled l - a - p,  we settled in to watch the NCAA basketball game.   I had one Lab over my feet and the other one as close to my side as he could get with one paw on my leg.
Miss Emily and I laughed when neither one would go out unless I walked onto the patio and watched until they were ready to come back in.

Instructions were to put the dogs out in the yard when Miss Emily was ready to head back to OSU this morning - but when we started to bring me home, the fog was so thick that we couldn't see the stop lights until we were almost under them.

She didn't want to drive the open country on the interstate in that sort of weather condition - so is now catching up on the sleep she didn't get last night.

I'm going to read the paper and then decide if I'll try to make it to church.  We couldn't even see the building when we came by it earlier.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone, from the sunny and warming up,  rocky coast of Maine...    Lot's of snow on the ground but it should be all melted by tomorrow (or sooner)....    Last night we had many, many
snow plows doing their thing..   But today,  the sun can do its thing. 

Callie... Sounds like you have a good time with Grand Daughter and dogs...   and the dogs sure did love the company, too!

"Sandy, you have done a great job of remaining independent and putting yourself in the right place to be able to do so. "  ....   

Larry,
I was fortunate,  when I restarted my life here in Maine after
coming back from my cross country trip,  to be in a position
to be able to position myself in a place that would afford me 
a place to live that is close to all my doctors,  hospitals, 
children and grand children which has allowed me to be
independent,  until I physically of mentally no  longer can be. 

Being single changes the way I had to view my future.   

All is well here on the rocky coast....   and I am smiling because
the more I claim that Spring and Summer are on the way, 
the closer that gets to be the truth, and not just
"wishful thinking" .. 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Radioman34

JaneS

I'm home from church.  We stayed for coffee hour and then went to brunch with 2 church friends.  When I came home it was such a nice day that I went out with the doggies.  It's 54º and the sun is shining brightly.  Hard to believe that I had to scrape ice off my windshield before I could go to church.

I made some fresh coffee if anyone wants to join me. 

Now I wait for a call from my granddaughter in Texas.  She's still picking my brain for her psychology class and 2 p.m on Sunday seems to be a good time for both of us. 

Jeanne Lee, thanks for cleaning up the Soda Shoppe.  I like what you've done with it.

Our priest's sermon today was about TRUST.  It was based on the gospel story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead.  She said something that I hadn't thought about and that was that Lazarus rising proved that we can trust God to take care of our needs.  Will this count as the "inspirational" part of the opening for this week?  I know I have to be reminded to trust God sometimes.  We can't do it without Him so we have to trust Him to be there for us. 

Make today a good one, Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Thank you Phyllis for the lovely picture of our Springtime tulips, and thank you Jeanne Lee for bringing it to us, along with the fun Chuckles. You are doing a nice job for our Bis.

Callie….wow !! That was a thick fog you had to travel through. I can recall just one of those years ago. It is a frightening experience indeed. I'm glad you and your Grandaughter made it safely.

Good Morning Don, enjoy every minute of those 20 days you have left with your beloved.

Janie, with God, all things are possible. We can Trust Him.  We wouldn't be here if God didn't put us together to begin with, so we do our best to carry on, trying to make life better, and enjoy it as we go along.

Time for me to get ready for Chapel, so till later….Hugs and Love…..
As long as we are here, let's dance.

halkel

Good Morning again,  back from church after the big storm, our area didn't get hit as hard as on either side of us.  No hail that I am aware of, just some very heavy rain, but didn't last long and lots of lighting.  Sun is out now and it is cooling off.

Janie, our sermon today was on happiness.  Our minister made a good point, happiness is a choice, you can have happiness if you want it or not have it, your choice.  But material things are not happiness.  You just have to depend on God and approach him and life humbly.  He made a good point too about how we don't have to have all the answers to everything.

I am hungry, so I am going grab some of Janies coffee and some ginger snaps, you want some?

Lindancer

Good afternoon, Sun is shining and no wind.

Jeanne Lee, I enjoyed the smiles from children, I like # 13, what a use for jello! Thanks for help our Joan, I know all the prays are going to help her come home faster.  Phyllis, love the Spring graphic thanks.

Don, I am enjoying your grand tour of Israel, You an Bubble look like you are having a wonderful time.

Amy, glad you got to sleep in, even if only a little extra.

Sandy, your g.grand could be a model what beautiful eyes.

Larry, this last time I came home from the hospital, they gave me a walker. I had my husbands before and he was 6ft. and I am 4 10, this one is a little smaller, but not that much. Had a funny spell this morning.  Took my shower at 5Am, went back 60 bed at 6:30, then I got chills and when I got up at 8, I was still shaking, after I turn the heat up I started to feel better. Now I am OK, but still very tired.

Hal, I am glad you are OK, after that storm. We know for days, when a hurricane is coming, but a tornado is scary.

Gloria, did I write I saw my first robing this past week. we just got 2in. of rain, glad it was not snow, that my g.son got in Vt.

I hope I can stay here as long as possible, A mobile home is not as big as a house.  there is one Assist. living out here, but very expensive. I spent 3 weeks in the nursing home, and I never want to do that again. Got me up at 7 and put me to bed at 9. Was not allowed to walk to the bathroom. I am use to being able to move around.

June, I understand when you say you get very tired, Yesterday I felt I could not even get out of my own way. I generally do not set and wtch TV during the day, but yesterday I did.  I even fell asleep here at the PC

Oh! they are here turning the irrigation on, he tells me I need three new heads in the back.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Jeanne Lee, I am still grinning about your Chuckles.... #2 & #8 especially, I sure didn't know that... and hope nobody in here sees if it's true.   :o  I know some people to send to that will enjoy those, good job!

What a pretty, spring graphic, Phyllis.... certainly doesn't fit the scene here this morning.  Down right chilly, had a little rain when coming out of church.  Some youth group had a fund raiser serving biscuits & gravy with scrambled eggs. We opted for that over McDonald's.  I had a hard boiled egg & couple pieces of toast before going to church but am ready for lunch.

Jane, our sermon was much the same...   I've always chosen to be happy, Hal, so have been a Pollyanna all my life.  Must admit to a lot of whining in here from me, so I will try to be better.

Callie, wish I could hire a pet sitter for these cats but they would starve before coming out of hiding for anyone, even my kids they've seen all their lives.  Not much fog here when I went to church, just a little as I drove over "the big ditch".... west of town, along the bypass.

I have a serious question for anyone with advice.... my DIL's mother has "early Alzheimer's" that is possibly much worse than the family really thought.  She lives in FL.  Youngest son visited this week to discover no food in the house, milk out of date & taking the wrong medicine.  She wrecked her car some time ago but didn't tall the kids and her friends are gone or moved.  She has trouble finding her way anywhere & back home. 

My DIL planned to go sell her house & move her to KS when she is through teaching for summer.  Don't think her mother can wait that long, she refuses to consider moving into any care place in FL, sons were not treated well as children so are only helping with their mother because they care about their big sister, who always looked out for them. The retirement place the kids booked for her is already not possible, she will need more assistance if not the full care to not wander off.  Very sad & scary for the family.

Question is, 1. does anyone know if there is any type "home health care" in FL, 2. anyone know if there is a problem moving a person on Medicare to another state?  I have no idea about her financial situation, but am concerned about DIL being stressed & pushed into early Alzheimer's herself.... she has a gr-mother on one side & gr-father on the other side that had Alzheimer's & now her mother.  Also concerned since my son is reaching the age his father had a heart attack & by-passes (didn't know about the heart attack until after the surgery). 

What is the best way to take control, talk to her doctor, lawyer for Power of Attorney?... Her mother was always strong willed to the point of driving everyone away & my poor DIL has never stood up to her.  I know it isn't my place to voice an opinion but if anyone has suggestions I can work them in some way, I think.  I do hope she doesn't know about reading these posts, she knows about y'all but I'm counting if she has ever tried to Google, it was under the old SeniorNet name. I figure all of you know more about growing old than people that aren't here with us, right?  Thanks for any suggestions.... 

Hi, GloriaDe  Hope you feel stronger fast. Do you think any of this tireness is just "needing a spring tonic" like my mother used to say?  I think I could sleep around the clock.

Amy

Love the Spring graphic Phyllis made, thank you Jeanne Lee for posting it.I had to smile at your Chuckles. One time my sister's cat climbed it the dryer that had the twins snow boots in..my sister thought the boot had knocked the door open and shut and turned it on again. That poor cat got pounded by the boots but did live to tell about it....he never went near the dryer after that!!!

Shirley, that is a tough call for your dil to have to go through..maybe she could talk to her Mom's Dr. tell him what is going on and see if he could advise her on what route to take.

Gloria, you asked me if I had made ginger snap cookies and I am sorry I forgot to answer........yes..they are my son's favourite cookie.

Callie, I don't care to drive in fog like that! Makes your eyes so sore from trying to see the white lines on the highway.

Back to do more sewing :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

Back from an excellent Service. We had a guest Speaker, Lillie Knauls. She sang her message. Very inspiring.

Hal, your Minister hit it right too…Happiness IS our choice. And we can't do it alone. I find that without faith in the One who created me, and His guidance, I can do nothing. With God, all things are possible.

Gloria de, it is very costly living in a care facility, but if you take the time to figure out what it costs you every month to live in your own home..every check you write, not just utilities but rent, yearly taxes, groceries, transportation, yard work, every expense you now have and then look into a care facility, you will find it is NOT that costly for the services you receive, and the confidence you feel in what you receive, cannot be measured in dollars. The cheaper the place the less you have at independence. In my experience, it is best to look for a place run by a religious organization. We had an Episcopal one in Sierra Madre, I am in a Quaker one now. Whatever your Faith, look to see if they have a Care facility. A nursing home is not a good choice unless you are indigent..in my opinion.

I have to scoot downstairs for lunch now. Back later.

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee, such a pretty graphic this morning.

Gloria Z, Tom was a youth pastor when he first got out of seminary.  He kept at it for a few years, then left the ministry.  Anyway, I sent him the piece about the Youth Ministry.  I am sure he'll enjoy it.

Jeanne Lee, I laughed out loud at some of the chuckles this morning. 

Dot and I did our usual this morning, church, then OTB.  We made a slight change today and split a tuna melt; usually I have a hamburger and Dot has an oliveburger. 

Now I'm watching the golf tour in Mississippi.  I had been watching the one in Houston but they went to NBC so I stayed with the Mississippi tour.  Well-known players are in both of the tours.

Shirley, that is quite a problem your DIL has and I don't envy you.  Distance makes it harder to cope with. 

Mary Ann

JaneS

I just finished my weekly call with my granddaughter for her psychology class.  We could probably finish the class things in about 20 minutes but we talk about so many other things that we end up talking for more than an hour (this time almost an hour and a half).  I think she likes this as much as I do.  She is finding out lots of things about family and friends that she never suspected as she was growing up. 

One thing she told me, her application for a Fellowship at Menninger clinic was approved but they have offered the two spaces to two other applicants.  Should one of them turn it down, she will be asked to accept it.  She told me she had an interview with another facility on Friday and she felt good about the interview.  I think she really wants the Menninger one but will not be devastated if she doesn't get it.  She said that there are some other possibilities in the Houston area and she will move on if necessary.  This is one young lady who not only has it all together' she knows where it is!  I'm so proud of her, I'm aglow!

Now...what shall I do with the rest of the day? 

Shirley

Jane, that is pretty impressive to even be in the "calling" at Menninger.  Congratulations to her either way. 

Thanks, Mary Ann... she (DIL) has worked so hard as a math teacher & loves her work. She has an Industrial Engineering degree & worked for an aircraft company until they wanted kids.  They agreed she stay home until the kids were in school,  she volunteered at school enough to go back for a teaching degree.  She is head of the department & her students have won impressive awards and she really would like to be there for the end of the year.  Don't know how it will play out but hope there are home health care or some type help she can get so DIL can hold off until the first part of June.  Not sure when classes are out here.

JaneS

Thanks, Shirley.  She is currently doing an internship at Menninger and she met one of the interviewers in the hall and he told her that they were all VERY impressed with her interview and that she will be called immediately if one of the other two turn them down.  Cathy said that she's not counting on it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying every time I stop and think about it.  She really likes what she's doing there now and would be able to continue with some of it.

Please, Everyone, say a prayer for Natalie!

June Drabek

Janie,it will be a delight to pray for such a fine person as your Natalie. May God Bless all her hopes and needs.

JaneS

Thanks June.  Natalie and I both appreciate the prayers.

Shirley

Count on my prayers, too, Jane.  Tell Natalie "the old Aunties & Uncles are a fearsome force with our prayers"...

Hugs to all, it has been a long day for me.  Tom (cat) is still out, been gone since early afternoon.  I saw a wild turkey pacing up & down just outside the wrought iron fence out back.  Grabbed a camera & in my rush to get out I made too much noise & it flew off.  Yesterday I did get photos of a whole flock of turkey vultures.  The photos are still in the camera, not sure any are worth posting, hard to capture their movements with a zoom. 

Sweet dreams to all, God Bless and bring you happiness tomorrow!  Shirley

June Drabek

I have taken my last outside stroll around the gardens, changed into bed clothes..still need to brush my teeth, wash my face and get to bed and book. Prayers for all you dear good friends for a peaceful night and a happy healthful tomorrow. Hugs, Love and more prayers, June

June Drabek

Good night dear Tisie, you just beat me in, so I can bid you another safe and happy night. Hugs.

Lloyd Hammond

well it is time to wish you all sweet dreams. Good to see you all , hope to do the same tomorrow.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning  everyone..

We are off to the vet...again....this morning. I found out why Golden girl has been trying to lick her incision , there is another stitch there!

I managed to listen to the sweet purr of my sewing machine yesterday :thumbup: Maybe I can do more today and get all the blocks ready  for another cancer quilt.

I had better get ready to go..

Enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  They're promising us weather intyo the mid 60s today and I'm ready for that!  It's supposed to rain but not until around 8 tonight.  I can take that if the days are nice.

I don't know what I'll be getting into other than picking up Kiran after school.  I should make a quick run to the Amish store and both dogs need baths.  We'll see what develops.  I'll let you know if I'm up to any or all of that.

Make today your best yet!

phyllis

Good morning.  Thanks, Jeanne Lee, for using one of my graphics.  And, I loved the Chuckles you posted!  #19 brought back a painful memory.  Also, thanks to all of you who mentioned that you liked the graphic.  And, thanks for telling us about what's going on in your lives.  I love reading about all of it.

Sorry I didn't show up yesterday.  I had plans to "do something" but ended up being a "recliner radish", as Callie says.  That was what my body said I had to do but my brain was grumbling because it thought I needed to do other things.  June is right...sometimes we have no choice but to do what our body tells us to do.

Gray morning here with the promise of rain later today.  More severe storms in the Southwest (glad you are OK, Hal) but "they" don't think we will have any here.  Hope "they" are right.

Jane, I'm so impressed that Natalie is interning at Menninger!  When I was in college at Kansas State my major was English Lit. and I knew I would eventually write the "great American novel".  My minor was Psychology and I had big dreams of going to Menninger Clinic.  That is way back in ancient times when the clinic was in Topeka, KS, not far from K State.  Neither dream worked out but I hope so very much that Natalie's dream will happen for her.

Laundry day today so need to find some breakfast and get myself busy.

phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. It is raining here again. it is getting muddy enough here to Mar a snipe. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

JaneS

Thank you, Phyllis.  I have this "gut" feeling that she will achieve this dream but if it isn't meant to be, she will adjust her dream and she will do something very important with her life.  She isn't just a top student.  She is a very valuable person in her own right.  She has overcome a huge obstacle in her life and her dream is to help others to overcome their obstacles.  If she gets the Menninger fellowship, she will finish as a licensed psychologist eligible to hang her shingle.  I am so proud of all her achievements that I'm fit to bursting with pride!

CallieOK

Merry Monday, Everyfriend,

JaneS,  so exciting about your granddaughter Natalie!  I've enjoyed reading about your weekly visits re: family and am way beyond thrilled about her opportunity at the Menninger Clinic.  "Betcha boots" prayers will be said for her success as she works toward her professional goals.

Shirley,  it's hard to be a "long distance child" when tough decisions must be made about life changes. "Been there - done that" and have seen others in the same situation.
In my experience and observation, the best results were when a family member was physically present to hear the doctor tell the patient there had to be changes made and be able to ask questions directly.   Then the family wouldn't hear an edited version.

Son/dil have shelters for the Labs on the patio so, ordinarily, they wouldn't have had a doggie-sitter when son/dil were just going to be gone overnight.  However, the weather was iffy and Moose has storm anxiety issues.

Phyllis,  I didn't realize the Menninger Clinic was no longer in Kansas.  Where is it located now?

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable day.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  We wake to an overcast day with the prospect of rain increasing through out the day. We expect to get to bout 75 degrees here today.

The activities surrounding the Master's Golf Tourney got underway yesterday although the actual tournament doesn't start until Thursday.  This is a week not to venture over to Augusta to eat out as the restaurants are packed from what I understand.  Many businesses depend on this week to get them into a profitable position for the year.

I haven't decided whether I will go to my Monday noon meeting or not as still feeling tired this morning.  Yesterday I ended up not going to church as my heart was acting up and I felt it wasn't safe to be driving.  So I ended up spending most of the day laying down and also went to bed early last night but still didn't want to get up this morning. I did go out at noontime and got us something to eat.  I fear I am reaching a point where I am going to have to cut out a few things from my schedule, although don't have a lot of things to cut out and hate to think about giving any of them up.  Guess I will just make the decisions day by day.

Jeanne, thanks for getting us started off so well. It sounds like practical experience speaking in those Chuckles.  The graphic from Phyllis is very nice and applicable for this time of the year.

Callie, nice of you to keep your Granddaughter company as she dog sat.  I am sure it gave you some special time for just you two.  That sounds like some heavy fog.

Sandy, as fast as time seems to pass as we age it sue won't be long until you are into Spring and Summer big time. 

JaneS, nice that your granddaughter wants to know of your background and life experiences. She sounds like a very special person who will have a lot to offer others.  Based on our Wisdom group on Thursday I know that our Pastor was also going to preach from the Lazarus raised from the dead Scripture.  Sorry I missed the sermon but in a couple of day can listen to it from the Church website. 

Hal, that storm system must have gone on over to Louisiana and Mississippi as see this morning there were tornado's and flooding in those States. I also believe being happy is a choice and that is how I try to live my life.

deAngel, these heart conditions can reduce the amount of blood flowing to our bodies and make us more responsive to the cold.  I understand "tired" as am beginning to feel like I did yesterday so more rest is likely in store for me shortly.  I sure wouldn't like not being allowed to go to bed until 9 pm if I wanted to go earlier, which is often the case.  It almost sounds like they were keeping you a prisoner. 

Shirley, I would rather be a Pollyanna type than an old grouch and it sure helps me feel better about each day.  We all have problems but we also can decide how long we will let them keep us down.  My suggestion would be that your DIL contact the Agency for Aging in Florida and also where she plans on moving her Mother.  We moved my folks from a nursing home in Missouri to one in Northern Iowa and had no problems with Medicare although they were private pay patients. Also would suggest that she contact the Alzheimer's Association as they can certainly provide helpful information and probably answer some of her questions and that situation must often arise with older folks living in Florida with no family around.

June, my folks were in a Lutheran care home in Iowa and for the most part we were very pleased with it.  There were very caring people.

phyllis

Callie, perhaps Jane can verify this but I believe it (Menninger Clinic) is in Houston now.  It began in Topeka back in the early 40's. 
phyllis
Cary,NC