Random Image

Shoes On The Danube

Owner: Radioman34
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for August 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, August 14, 2018, 11:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Good Morning!  I'm up, dressed and ready to go to church.  And just for something to do, it's raining again.  Just a soft, misty rain this time but enough so far to wet the sidewalks and the roads. 

We're waiting for the boinger for the doggies pills so we can have breakfast and then the day is "up and attem". 

I wish you all a good day full of the love of God, family and friends.  this day is yours.  Make it a good one whatever suits your fancy. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Gloria

Good morning, my grandson got Skype back and my daughter and I were happy campers and talked almost 2 hours yesterday. He brought a surprise with him, my now 3 year old great grandson with him. He sure is a chatterbox now. Loved having him here. Much cooler this morning, 63° and cloudy.

MARY ANN  I ordered this lemon from HP and it went back at 3 weeks. Told them I wanted my money back. They sent it back as working great and at 7 weeks it went back the second time. Told them I wanted a refund or a better computer but they sent the same one back. Never again anymore HP anything for me.

AMY  who knew there was so many kinds of garlic. I use little of it, mostly garlic powder.

CAROL  when I bought my rollator there weren't too many around but a lot of those walkers with those tennisballs on the legs. Only thing with mine is I wish at the time they had the bigger wheels.

JENNY  when my grandson left yesterday I asked my little one if he would like a ride out to the car, his eyes lit up and said yes. My grand sat hi on it facing forward and I rolled it out. That was the best part of his time here. He is so fascinated with it. Not enough room in here for him to push it around.

SHIRLEY  did you know  that 
Epsom salts is also good in the garden? Helps the tomato plants to produce more and most other plants, too.

PETER  will enjoy watching this video when I finish reading here. I have it on already and it looked like a beautiful area. Thanks for the link.

Have a good day and stay dry with all the rain around.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Beautiful cool morning at the moment 50°  which won't last long.

A day of rest here...we do have to take the garbage to the dump but after that everything is scott free..

June, I love listening to the loons and there are many videos on utube that one can enjoy. I am sad when they leave in the fall but rejoice in the Spring when I hear them back again.

Jane, he did get through, no problem. He was so happy to get home after being out for 3 weeks.

Gosh, phone rang and talk with my friend and now the day is slipping away..

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi Everyone on a very cloudy and dark morning.  It looks like we will be in the mid-80's today and a good possibility of rain.  We did get a very nice rain last evening.  Our timing was great as we had gone out to eat and had just gotten back into the car when it started to rain and it came down is considerable quantities. 

We had a delicious dinner last night at Ruby Tuesday's taking advantage of their 3 course dinner for $12.99.  It started with a trip to their great salad bar and then the entree with one side.  Pat had the Tilapia with steamed broccoli and I had the 6 oz. sirloin steak and a nice side of coleslaw.  Then the third course was chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream or key lime pie.  Pat and I both chose the chocolate cake. 

I am ready to go to Sunday School and then Church.  I don't know whether Pat will try to go to Church this morning or not as she isn't up yet.  If so I will come home and get her.  The rest of the day will be spent quietly and restfully.  If she goes we will likely stop somewhere for lunch and if not I will pick up something to bring home for our main meal of the day. 

Gloria, sure hope you don't miss the shots due to your other medical appointments next week.  I set up my old iPad up for Pat to use as her computer upstairs is slow and old and seems to be a source of aggravation to her.  I think it is time to retire it and I am hopeful the iPad will do all that she needs upstairs as she works on her quilting.  She likes to listen to audio books and that is a breeze on the iPad plus being able to get to the Internet if needed and read email.  I will set it up with the keyboard and mouse although think I will need to get a new blue tooth mouse to use with the blue tooth keyboard that I already have.  I am no longer using the iPad very much as can do everything on my iPhone that I can on it and more and it is much easier to use and lighter in weight.  Only once have I spent more than $500 for a new desktop and that was when computers had first come on the market and I bought a big old IBM computer and monitor and paid around $2500 for it.  Glad your grandson got there yesterday. 

Amy, I hope that garlic festival was held outside.  Is there a lot of garlic raised in your area for the commercial market?  I am not really a fan of garlic especially if it is a dominant taste in a dish or on garlic toast.  Nice to read you will be taking a day of rest today.  I sort of guess there may be a hum of that sewing machine later today. 

Jane, I think our cupboard contains the same garlic items as yours.  Pat hasn't had any garlic in the pods for a long time.  Of course, she is not doing much cooking anymore.  I do not want it on my popcorn.  That does sounds like a terrible bridge mess and I don't think I have heard about it.  That bridge collapse in Italy (I think it was there) that occurred recently was certainly a tragedy. 

June, glad you are surrounded by both a loving family and caring people where you live.  I hope you have a good Sunday. 

Carol, it sounds like you are going to get good use from your Instant Pot. They are great for making soups and I am sure we will have some soup made with it this week as Pat got the ingredients needed for more potato soup including a package of ham already chopped into small pieces to put in it.  We now have the quart freezer containers to put it in. 

Jenny, thanks for the additional information on your rollator.  I think the problem with lifting the rollator or transport chair into the truck of the car is having to lift it straight out in front to get it over the lip of the trunk.  It I can get one that I can put behind the seat I can tip it back to get part of it into the car and then put in the other part.  I am going to go back and bookmark the one you said you have for future reference so I don't lose track of it.  I hope Bob's ankle is feeling much better today. 

Shirley, too bad about them locking up the campgrounds on the 15th.  Will you be making another trip out with the boys if they go.  Do they have their own campsite that requires some attention before winter or is this just another trip out this season.

Roley, I have opened the link you sent and will check it out later today. 

Gloria, glad to see you have the Skype back working and a three year old can certainly be a joy to be around.  What energy they have at that age.  Nice you let your little grandson ride on the seat of your rollator.     

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. Peter thanks for the link i enjoyed it much. we took my two horses over to Bob's arena. there were lot of folks there with there horses riding, a friend called a young cowboy over there. he got on the big roan collard horse and got bucked off once, but he got right up un hurt and got right back on
he took the buck out of her and riding around fine. he dose that all the time.
He is going to take her home and finish breaking her well so i can safely ride her. he said the sorrel is not a good keeper.so she is going back th the horse sale the 15th of sept, and will try fiend a better match for the good one I have.
this one is just a 4 year old, lot of life expediency left. when I fiend a good match to her and get them well broke will brake them to work in the harness
to the buggy so Nancy can enjoy them also. Nancy has brittle bones and dose not need to get any more broken bones. she already has a plate in her left leg from knee to ankle. Hope you all have a great day just as you like it.

Lloyd

Sandy

Jenny  ... thank you for showing me
the rollator that have chosen to purchase and how happy
you are with it. 

I also like this one:
Medline Premium Empower Folding Mobility rollator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbhP6RkE3O8

which I will probably purchase at the beginning of next
month.   It is always a big decision...   I appreciate any
and all reccomendations. 

Have a good day,  Everyone
Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

June Drabek

Good Sunday Morning dear hearts,All is well out here. I will be off to Chapel soon. It will be 86 for a high. Not a drop of rain in sight...alas.

I think my cell phone is sick. I stays lit all the time, so it can't be the battery, but other than the light, it could be dead. I will take it downstairs to see if we have cell phone fixers on duty. Probably not on Sunday.

Time to get ready to go out, will return later.  :)
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, still raining. Yesterday I do not know when I have seen such torrential rain before. I was on the sun porch reading and it even leaked in there. the gutters were running  over, I am going to have to have them checked

Friday, I had a lunch party I made tuna fish macaroni salad one friend made  what she called zucchini pizza on one slice she put pastas sauce and mozzarella cheese was so good. The other friend  brought desert the other friend brought ice tea Talked about every thing and everybody but ourselves. so had a few laughs also

Sandy, I love my rollator, it says Featherlight. I have a basket .  I like it when I go shopping, I shop a little and set a little My women friend can still put it in there trunks or back set

June glad to see you posting

Jenny, in the last few months I first got gout in two fingers, now I have it in two of my small toes

Gloria, sounds likeg.grandson had fun visiting you

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Gloria de, it is so good being back on my desk top If I had to go back to the lap top I would get a mouse rather than the finger operating thing. I had email pictures from my friend in no. ca. where the forest fires are still rageing.They only go outside when neccessaryl. I suggest they tie a damp cloth over their nose and mouth when they just have to to outdoorser

Lindancer

June, we have had rain  every day for a week, and flooding rain last night, as I wrote before my gutters were like a water fall running over. and you have those awful fires Ido not know how anyone can recover from losing, home town and of course business and jobs

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Another quiet Sunday. A good service at Chapel, then to lunch. I had ham, sweet potatoes, creamed corn, green beans, and desert, So tonite I am having a light supper  at home....cottage cheese and canned fruit salad, and some potato chips, as I need the salt. Still taking two salt tablets a day,supposed to cut back on liquids,but with all the pills I take during the day, I need the water to get them down.  Had a nice quiet day...did a lot of reading and napping. walked to Church this morning, and down to lunch, and another walk in the hallways, and many little naps as I read. Life is good, and I am so thankful....I have all of you.  :smitten:

JaneS

Made a new recipe for supper tonight.  It's delicious.  Leftovers in the Hidey Hole!  It has cabbage, kielbasa, potatoes, onions, a sweet red pepper and lots of seasoning. 

I'm going to go to bed early tonight.  I'm kind of tired and tomorrow is a work day.  Well, scratch that thought!  I called my sister and we just talked for almost an hour!  NOW I'm going to go to bed. 

Good Night my friends.  Sleep peacefully and wake refreshed to an new day!

June Drabek

Janie, the best laid plans can so easily be interrupted. I wish I had a sister. I am going to get ready for bed too, sleep well dear friend.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. we had a nice rain last afternoon and night. it is 67º and mostly cloudy this A M shooting for 71º and more rain. that is ok we can use it we have been very dry. Hope you all have a great day. a while back i let skype do a up date and now i can't figure out how to do any thing with it. good advice would be graceful accepted.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're in wait mode for the doggies pills.  When that's up, we'll have breakfast and then later this morning, I'm off to lunch with former PA House office coworkers.  I always enjoy that lunch.  They're a good group. 

That's my only plan for today before I go to work this afternoon.  I wish you all a lovely, relaxed and loving day.  Enjoy!!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Lovely morning here. Off to the Foot clinic for hubby this morning.

Larry, no not a garlic area but some do grow it and others came in from other areas just for this special day. They even had garlic ice cream!!!

Sandy, I really like the looks of that rollator, they sure put a lot of thought into it when they made t6hat one.

Sorry, pushed for time.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 63°, first time in quite awhile I slept with window open and no AC. Slept great, too. Had some noise here around 8 last night. The fire alarm went off up here on the third floor. We are less than a half mile from the fire station but seemed to take ages before anyone got here. A new tenant right across the hall from me was taken out in the rescue. I did not open my door but heard them. I have not  met  her yet, she is very quiet. Had a few phone calls for some t hat  live in the back of the building wanting to know what was going on. Told them I did not know but rescue was here with a police car and a fire truck. Glad that does not happen often.

PETER  I enjoyed your link yesterday about George Washington, thank you.

AMY  glad I no longer have to go to the dump, this town finally has trash and recycle pick up. With no car it would be a problem for me now.

LARRY  from what  I just heard on the weather report the high today will be 75°. Nice. The flu shots here are in October. They have the notice up early this year. My first computer was an old IBM that my son had, it went to college with my grandson in his first year. My great grand has been fascinated with my rollator since he first saw it.

GLORIA de  I have the pouch under my seat on the rollator. I like that, keep what I want in there and no one can see what I have. Beats carrying a purse around.

JANE  I love kielbasa but it does not like me. I have stopped getting it for years  now.

LLOYD  every time Skype does an update something changes and not for the better. I think that last update is what messed it up and I lost it.

Have a god day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

A quick good morning.  I have been absent for a few days.  Still having problems with several issues, so am making the rounds of doctor's offices.  Hopefully, things will improve soon.  I feel ok,  just have  a lot to deal  with right now. 

Sandy, I have made  note of the rollator you left the link for.  I couldn't find a price, tho.   I looked on Amazon, but they were not  available right now.  I am looking into getting a new one, as the one I am using belonged to my husband.  You do know that if you get a RX from the doctor, Medicare will pay for part of it.   I like the idea that it has the bigger wheels.  I bought one a while back and it is just sitting in the corner.  It is too heavy for me to handle getting it in the car.  Plus, I didn't pay attention when I bought it, that it is a geriatric one, for a bigger person.  I am going to look further into the one you posted.

Need to get myself moving.  I have a hair appointment at 12:30 and I need some time so I don't have to rush.

Have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It looks like we will have a bit cooler day today with the chance of afternoon and evening showers.  The only think I have planned for today is a trip to Costco.  I am going to get a rotisserie chicken and we are going to eat out main meal today at noon while the chicken is still hot.  The rest of the day will be quiet and restful.

Lloyd, glad to see you are not trying to train your new horses by yourself and have someone to do that for you.  Too bad you will have to sell one of them and buy another.  I can just picture you and Nancy riding down the road with your horse drawn wagon. 

Sandy, have opened a tab to look at the video of the rollator you have found. 

June, sorry to read your cell phone is sick and hope someone was able to help you with it.  Have you tried turning it completely off and thus rebooting it?

deAngel, glad you didn't wash away on Saturday.  Your lunch party with friends sounds nice.  We used to lunch with Church friends about twice a week but that is no longer the case and only been out for lunch with one couple from our Sunday School class on one occasion. 

June, no wonder you were having problems with your laptop if you were not using a mouse.  I don't like using the touch pad either and keep it turned off.  It sounds like you had a nice Sunday and a very nutritious meal.  Taking salt tablets and cutting back on water seems counter intuitive as the salt would make you thirsty. 

Jane, that does sound like a good meal.  I like kielbasa and cooked cabbage.  Hope you enjoy your luncheon today with your former coworkers.  I hope you will get short lines today. 

Amy, I wonder why your town has a garlic festival if they are not big producers of garlic?  Garlic ice cream, no way as why would you want to spoil perfectly good ice cream with garlic. 

Gloria, I am sure a fire alarm in the evening has to be quite scary.  It must have been a false alarm.  Seventy-five is a great temperature for a summer day.
I like the idea of the pouch under the seat rather than hanging on the front of the rollator.  Stacey had a bag on the arm of her wheelchair but fit down beside her where she could carry her things. 

Joy, I missed your postings.  Sorry you are still having to deal with issues.  Thanks for checking in.  I hope getting your hair done will give you a lift for the day.   

roley

BACK TO THE 'ARMCHAIR WALKS'.
https://youtu.be/kDKNpiyj0zQ.Here you are Gloria and anyone else who would like to join in our 'Armchair walk'.
Take care, the grass is not as safe as it looks !, Bosham was once a busy port but over the years has silted up and now is used mainly for yachts and fishing boats, the land around Bosham, is mostly at sea level, by the look of things, a storm has just past, as you can see, there is a lot of water still laying around !,if you use a Walker Gloria, do not stray off the path !.
Hello Bubble, sorry I have been missing for a few weeks, our summer weather has been above average this year and at the moment the heat and me do not agree !, so I just took things easy, perhaps too easy !, my wife tells me I slept most of the hot days and did not move on other days !, now it has turned much cooler and more tolerable I hope to be more active, I hope Don is feeling better now too.

Cheers.  Roley.  :thumbup:

so_P_bubble

Hello Roley - earlier Don asked about you having heard from me you had been invisible for quite some days.
Unfortunately Don is getting weaker and cannot focus long enough to post :(  I hope that once he gets to having his own place in the new environment (hopefully next month+) he can become more active.

Mary Ann

Bubble, I am so sorry to hear that about Don.  I hope he has permanent quarters soon.

Mary Ann

roley

https://youtu.be/kDKNpiyj0zQ.  hope this works ?. sorry I think the 'Gremlins' got into the first letter.
NEW  ARMCHAIR WALKS. click here...**************************************************

roley

Bubble. Sorry to read your news about Don, please pass along my best wishes, I have not forgotten him.   Roley.

Carol

We planned to drive to Montana to visit son but smoke from British Columbia fires are making forcing them to stay indoors.  I could have used a rollator yesterday - after taking a hard fall in the church parking lot.  A sign had fallen and I was looking for my car so that didn't help.  Just bruised - very thankful. 

So sorry to read about Radioman Don.  I wish him the best and a good recovery. 

June Drabek

Bubble, my heart is sad reading about your beloved Don. I pray God will soon get him settled in a lovely caring place,like I have here.

Larry, my family is pretty computer savy, but none of them thought about my using a mouse. If I have to go back to the lap top, I will insist on a mouse.Thanks for that help.

Time to go downstairs for lunch. Will return. June

Lloyd Hammond

Good night sweet dreams hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Overcast here and muggy, think the a/c will be going on for a bit.

Yesterday I heard such a racket coming from the red squirrels, when I looked out I saw momma fox at the feed that I had put out for the family of crows that come each day. I ran for my camera and she ran before I could get a photo....camera shy I guess :)

A knock came on the door around 3:30 yesterday and our friends had brought us lasagna for our dinner!! They had brought us one each but we shared one (more than enough) and have another one for later.

Today is VON  and then I am going to do some relish down. Not sure what else today will bring.

Bubble, prayers for Don that he will be in his new home soon and back to feeling much better. Tell him we miss him and even if he pokes his head in here to say hi is good enough for us till he feels like writing.

Roley, thank you for the lovely walk..always a joy to do in ones own home and I hope you don't mind but I pass these on to friends.

Larry, I guess to draw the tourists in would be my thought. Now there is talk of doing a maple syrup one in the Spring.  Hope you are feeling much better now.

Gloria, I love going to the dump!! I see so many animals, crows, ravens, turkey vultures that sit on the trees/building with wings stretched out and even a bear!! Better than going to a movie for me!

Joy ,good to see you and I hope you soon have your issues under control.

Carol, you are very lucky you didn't break any bones!! Bruising is sore and does take time to heal.

Jane, how was your lunch. Nice to get away and enjoy time with friends.

I had better scoot,

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

phyllis

I haven't been here for a long time.  It was nice to read all the friendly chatter going on in Soda Shoppe.  The sun is actually shining this morning!  But, it is supposed to be hot and humid.  I see small "signs" of Fall down through the woods.  I'm ready!
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  And a special good morning to you, Phyllis.  I've been wondering about you.  I, too am ready for Fall.  And this year, I'm readier than most years.  My TX daughter is coming to see the changing of the seasons.  She wrote to tell me yesterday that she has her ticket for Oct. 18.  And she added that Ali (my granddaughter and mother of Emma) said that she just might come along...and bring Emma!  Things are looking up!

Last night was pretty easy for me.  I wasn't on short lines but I was on the "easier" end of the spectrum.  The bad part of it was that I missed a call from the roof leak fixer and when I called him back, he didn't answer.  I told him I'd be available all day today so maybe I'll get a call back.

Last month, my cleaning gal didn't show.  When I tried to call her to find out why, there was no answer.  I was just beginning to think she gave me up when she called to say that her car had been totaled in an accident and it took her some time to recuperate.  She also lost her phone in the process.  But she's back on track and she'll be here today.  YAY!  I really need her!

I guess that's all that's going on around here right now.  Some good, some not so good but we survive!

I hope you all have a very pleasant day.  Make it yours!  Grab it and do it!