Random Image

Farm Boy doll buddy in Osk Kosh Overalls

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Gatherings and Meeting Friends~Old and New

Started by Jeanne Lee, August 24, 2016, 01:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

Joan Grimes

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

Norm Tock

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

PapaJohn and Cornelia 2006

phyllis

Bubble, could you identify the lady in post #28, please?  I recognize Norm Tock in #31.
phyllis
Cary,NC

so_P_bubble

CallieOK

MaryPage,  I still have the dollar bill ring that Doug Howe made and gave to me when he/Pat were part of the group that "kidnapped" me from my tour group in Hershey PA to go to lunch.

They were so excited to take me to a new restaurant that had just opened because there had been nothing like it in the area.  It was a Texas Roadhouse.  I felt right at home.   :2funny:

So good to see the Howes, Gladys, Robbie, AAlice, the Grahams, Rae, and several others I've met "along the way".
Sweet memories!!

JeanneP

Bubble. What a great thought you had. Putting all those pictures of people we all knew in Seniornet.  I think that Bunny took photo's here in my Town when I had a Day Bash. About 16 of us. Can't think where they went. Also the Bash In London.  Some where posted of that. There I did meet many.
Oh! Gladys. Really missed. She and I from same area of UK. Went same dance hall.

Makes me a little sad seeing how many no longer with us.  I still write to about 3 in UK.  Fact yesterday I wrote a long snail letter out to one in Canada and one in Scotland.  E-M one in UK. none came over to S and F.
JeanneP

Joy

I still keep in touch with Bobbie Gould .  She just moved in with her daughter but, still in Pennsylvania. 

We lost a long-time friend,  Sylvia Tribe, from the  BB and Fibromyalgia boards.  Sylvia and I talked every couple months and corresponded quite frequently.  She passed away within the past year.

It sure has been very special remembering a lot of these friends from the old Senior Net.  I think I got involved almost from the very beginning.  A long time ago. 

Thanks for all the sharing.

I have to correct something I put in the beginning. Bobbie Gould lives in Ohio.  She had moved there a good while ago.  She used to live in Pennsylvania when she first got into Senior Net.  But, she is in Ohio, now.

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

The idea came from Pat, when I met her in Canada. She said she had several photos as well that she wanted to share with us

so_P_bubble

Joy, do you have pictures of Bobby and Sylvia?

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

SN lurkers - anyone remembers which year?

angelface555

When I joined SeniorNet in April 2000, the first one I actually posted with online was Den, Joan Grimes's brother, and Oscar. Of course, there was Glen, Gladys, Robby,Bunnie, Rae, and PSP! I was hooked!

I loved reading the posts between Papa John and Norm, seeing all their photos and gatherings. I was in awe of this computer and making new friends!There are so many gone now that I miss.

Mary Ann

It is interesting to see pictures of people I did not know personally but did know through Senior Net and S&F.  I had the pleasure of meeting PJ and Cornelia, ShirleyN and Danny.  I can't think of others, but if I missed anyone, speak up!  I knew who most of them were by way of Norm. 

Mary Ann

maryz

"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Joy

Bubble,  No,  I don't have any pictures of either Bobbie or Sylvia.  I know Bobbie is on Facebook and Sylvia was , also.  There might be some pictures of Facebook.

Joy
BIG BOX

Joy

Patricia,  I got involved with the old SeniorNet almost from the very beginning.  I don't remember what year that was.  Seems like it was in the late 90's.   Do you remember when SeniorNet first was started?

I had seen an article in one of the weekly magazines that came with my Sunday paper about this group for seniors.  And, that was how I got interested.  I seen where there were some medical boards and one was for Fibromyalgia.  I had a friend who had that and I just went to the Fibro board to ask for some information for her.   Sylvia was the moderator for that board and she was so encouraging about me coming back as a friend, even tho I wasn't suffering from the Fibro.  And, we became really good friends over the years.  I am sorry that I never got to meet her.  We were always trying to figure out a way to meet up.

It was nice as there were several medical boards and then a lot of the individual states had their own message board.  I got to know several of that old group just by going to their individual state board.   I, too, loved all the bantering back and forth between Papa John and Norm.  That was one of the reasons that made this place so much fun and interesting.  Papa John and Cornelia had had such an interesting life traveling and living in several foreign countries.  I think they were missionaries.???  at one point in their lives.  Theirs was a very loving relationship. 

It is just really nice to share all these memories.

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

I loved the State Boards and was the Oklahoma Hostess for several years.
Good way to get acquainted with "local" people.

angelface555

According to Google, SeniorNet began in 1990. I was interested to read it now costs $40. a year and $10. for each of their courses. No wonder they jettisoned all of us seniors looking for free boards!  >:(

I was on another forum, Thirdage and not long after SeniorNet, they pulled the same stunt, dumping all their free senior boards.

An interesting story about Karren Hill, Bubble, and I. I had recently begun posting and emailing Bubble when she asked if I knew Karren. I didn't think she knew how vast Alaska is so I politely declined, telling her.

She dealt quickly with my reply, telling me, Karren, her friend lived in Fairbanks. It turned out that Karren lived not far from me. We met a few times, and I was sorry to see her move to New Jersey. So a friend from Israel introduced two friends in Alaska!

I've talked to Adrienne, several times on the phone and Facebook, now and I met Johanne and her husband Windell for dinner when they were in Fairbanks, All wonderful folks! I almost got to meet MaryAnn when she came to Fairbanks, spoke to her on the phone,but if I remember, I had to work or something, so we didn't meet.

I would love to have gone to any or all of the bashes, Wasn't Shirley with the dim witty group?

Vanilla-Jackie

The only person I was lucky to have gotten to meet was - is, Jenny ( Denver, ) when she came over to London UK, two or three years ago....we still very much remain as friends....
" There is no present like the time "

Joy

Thanks, Patricia for the info on the beginnings of SeniorNet.   I guess it was around that time and not later in the 90's when I first got involved.  I know that it hadn't been in existence very long when I joined.   I didn't get involved with ThirdAge, but knew a couple people that were in that one, also.

Seems like when something gets going good,  somebody has to come up with an idea to change things and wind up messing everything up.

Glad that this group got started again.  Thanks to Pat, and a lot of the same ones have found us here.

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

I'm remembering Deems.  She changed her user name later and I've forgotten what it was.  She was the Professor at the Naval Academy but she led us on literature journeys in the Books forum.  I remember when we were all reading "Don Quixote" and she took the part of the innkeeper.  We had so much fun.  It was such a shock when she died so unexpectedly.

I came with Sr. Net in the early 90's and after awhile I became the DL for the Needles, Shuttles, and Hooks discussion.  I took over after Jeryn Oles wanted to leave.  We had our own Gallery and a gift exchange.  It was a very active group and had members all over the world.  I worked hard on setting up the Gallery and was really upset when SeniorNet.org just took all of that away without warning.  The last I knew Jeryn lived in Portland, OR.
phyllis
Cary,NC

angelface555

Phyllis, was she the one whose husband took a crate, divided it in half by a wooden floor and used it for their fighting cats on that cross-country trip? She was in ThirdAge as well.

MaryPage

Deems became Maryal on SeniorNet.  We used to do lunch, as she worked here in Annapolis.  Mary Howland was her name.

GinnyAnn

I also was in the Third Age. Book Talk was my home.  However, I visited other discussions. I really enjoyed it. That is where I met Sue (Auburn). She then introduced me to SeniorNet. The rest is history  :thumbup:

Bobby Gould and I met face to face once. We had a great chat. 

Lindancer

Thanks, for opening this discussion page. I so enjoyed all the photos. I forgot when I joined seniornet, but I was told about it when I took a computer course at our library.  I was later ask to do the weather discusion.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

MaryTX

When Bobbi Gould was making her cross-country trip, her van broke down in Ft Worth and she spent the winter with Alice Wyatt.  I knew both of them from several SeniorNet groups.  The two of them and my daughter Cathie and I met at Cracker Barrel for lunch.  Cathie took pictures of the three of us and I hope she still has them. If she does, I will post them.

Alice now lives in the Florida Panhandle and Bobbi is in northern Ohio.  I have lost touch with both of them over the years.

Mary

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

MaryPage

Shirley

I'm loving this!  Hey, MaryZ.... (We actually met, y'all, when she & husband came through Wichita many years ago).  I think I e-mailed or maybe visited online in an Alaska site.  They had spent about 2 & half months traveling from TN to Alaska & I was green with envy!  Still am~  By the way, Mary, I have a gr-daughter that rows, has many medals & even traveled to your fair city with her team one time.  She graduated, full time job (Aero-space engineering) but working on a Masters & enjoys coaching the rowing team.

I haven't heard how Bobbi is doing since Cas died 3 years ago when she was thoughtful enough to post to me.  We met when she came through Wichita & headed west..... just missed a tornado that wiped out Greensburg, KS.

You are all bringing up such good memories with the photos, I recognize most & have been sitting here for hours just thinking.  The Missouri group had a lot of get-togethers but I never got to any.  One time when I went to visit my brother & sister, Bunnie & hubby, DorisA & hubby, and Lloyd brought his mother & son for lunch in Sedalia.  I talked to Doris this last week for a long time. She doesn't get on the computer much, has had both eyes taken care of (cataracts) and both knees replaced since her husband died a year or so ago.

Hope you keep this going, I rode over on a link so will have to see where I am.   :crazy2: 

Joy

I spoke with Bobbie today.  I have been thinking about her and when I would think about calling her,  it wasn't the right time.

She and her son, Don, moved in with her daughter in Chardon, Ohio.  She sounded good and said she had been feeling better. She has breathing problems, but she said she can get outside on the porch except for when it is so hot.  The heat bothers her breathing.  She said she has been walking more and is back to crocheting.  She said it was a good move for both her and her son.  I told her about the new board here, so maybe she will check in .

A lot of her friends here used to tell her she needed to write a book about her travels across the country.  She still is in touch with Alice Wyatt.  Alice's husband, Ces, passed away a while back and Alice moved back to Texas near her family.  They had lived in Florida.

Joy
BIG BOX

MaryPage

Shirley, I have a GREAT granddaughter who rows in her home town of Easton.  She is a coxswain, and loves the competitions, but she has just quit for the time being, as she has gone away to school this year.