Random Image

horse1.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

"Just Plain Old Music"

Started by RAMMEL, June 12, 2016, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

That's probably Toto's biggest hit. Certainly the most well-known song they did.

Here's a fun one from the late 60s. An interesting take on the song "Somewhere" from the musical West Side Story. Mostly instrumental with some vocals later in the performance. Crazy Elephant was a group created by producers Jerry Kasenetz and Jeff Katz (who were also behind groups such as Ohio Express, 1910 Fruitgum Company and Flying Giraffe among others). Their one big hit was "Gimme Gimme Good Lovin'".

MarsGal

I had the LP of the movie soundtrack. My sister has it and the rest of my LPs at the moment.

Here is another memorable Mancini piece (there were a lot of them). Mancini was one of the very few live performances I went to see when he was in Harrisburg eons ago. This version is done by a couple of well known actors. Remember these guys?

Oldiesmann

A lesser-known Mancini piece. This was used as the background music for the famous pie fight scene in The Great Race and later recorded by polka star Frankie Yankovic as well as Irish flutist James Galway.

Oldiesmann

Back to the craziness with actors Jack Klugman and Tony Randall from the 1973 album The Odd Couple Sings. This song dates back to at least 1950, when Frankie Yankovic and Johnny Pecon both recorded it. I haven't found any earlier versions.

Oldiesmann

In reality, Tony Randall was a great singer. Here's a fun version of "Winchester Cathedral". I assume he's the one whistling as well.

Marilyne

This is part of an article that I copied off the net a few months ago.  It's about music, and the positive  ways that our favorite music effects our brain.  It was written by Dr.Susan Rogers, a cognitive neuroscientist.

"When we listen to music we love, we experience pleasure in the form of a dopamine release in our brain. And over time, our brain learns to recognize the music we enjoy faster and releases the dopamine earlier",  says Susan Rogers, a cognitive neuroscientist .  "We get that feel-good rush just anticipating a favorite song. 
"One of the most powerful things music can do is to give our brain a rest. Listening to music we enjoy is one of the easiest and most reliable ways to activate our default mode network, or daydreaming mode.  This is what the brain does when it's not working or concentrating",  says Dr. Rogers. "This restorative state is essential to our well-being."

RAMMEL

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK